Options

Uncharted 3: Drake's GOTY

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I'm surprised there isn't like, some developer law to implement host migration in player hosted games. It just makes too much sense to leave out.

I thought for sure Uncharted 2 had host migration. IIRC it restarted the match. Or did I just imagine that?

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, haven't booted it up in a while but I thought it had host migration as well.

And Beta this week. Excited!

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If it does, it doesn't have it for co-op.

Haven't tried multiplayer in a while, wasn't interested. The co-op objectives are so damn fun and I really hope U3 has even more of it.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Co-op ends if anyone quits regardless of whether or not they're a host I believe. Unless that is when someone quit I was extremely unlucky and they were the host every time. Either way, it's really dumb.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    is the Siege DLC worth it?

I had no idea this game had any sort of Horde esque mode at all, was completely shocked to discover it last week when I finally went online.

And I agree with the amount of idiots on co-op, it just makes no sense that the community has that many assholes.

NaturalNarcissist on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So who can I look forward to partaking in this beta with? I cannot wait for tuesday, also happens to be a day off for me, so bonus :D

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Beta tomorrow?

Houn on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I put uncharted 2 aside for a while. I may need some help getting back to it. I'm at chapter 23 or 24 if I remember right. The last hour or so has just been so much combat that I haven't really felt interested.

Plus that damn tank a few chapters ago really turned me off once I realized that it moves based on your location even if it can't see you.

I just hope the end game makes up for all these nonstop combat sections. The opening to this chapter was pretty good because I got to stealth kill like half the monastery till someone saw me choke a dude from across the bridge with the minigun, then it got not as fun again.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Was the tank section really that annoying? I considered it pretty reasonable considering that one of the main goals of the army is to hunt and kill Drake. That the tank would follow you around seems like a natural extension of that.

0blique on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It was a bit tough but nothing more so than the rest of the game. And I beat it in crushing.

So beta starts tomorrow right? Can't wait. My tag is Brownchiclets if anyone wants to add me.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Kyougu wrote: »
    It was a bit tough but nothing more so than the rest of the game. And I beat it in crushing.

So beta starts tomorrow right? Can't wait. My tag is Brownchiclets if anyone wants to add me.

Read on Gaf that its supposed to start at 2pm PDT, but thats not a guarantee. Also, it'll be 1.7 gigs.

Drakeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sadly I will be gone for most of this beta, but for the first few days, I will be all over this. Uncharted 2 MP was one of the most fun console multiplayer experiences I've ever had, looking forward to this one!

I just hope they didn't go too overboard on their perks system this time around :?

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    0blique wrote: »
    Was the tank section really that annoying? I considered it pretty reasonable considering that one of the main goals of the army is to hunt and kill Drake. That the tank would follow you around seems like a natural extension of that.

I think my main problem with it was that last section of it where it always knew where I was even if it hadn't seen me get there so it went from sequence trying to outsmart my enemy to fighting a script not following the ruled established in the game universe

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Drakeon wrote: »

Read on Gaf that its supposed to start at 2pm PDT, but thats not a guarantee. Also, it'll be 1.7 gigs.

So 11:00 am EST?

That's a pretty odd time, but it's fantastic if true since I have class in the evening that day.

• Options
    edited June 2011

That's a pretty odd time, but it's fantastic if true since I have class in the evening that day.

EST is 3 hours ahead, not behind duder. So, its 5:00pm EST.

Drakeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ugh, it's too bad I can't remote in from work to my PS3 to download this like I can on my home computer with Steam games :(

Good news is that it should only take an hour or so, even with my crappy DSL.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

EST is 3 hours ahead, not behind duder. So, its 5:00pm EST.

Google lied to me, it said the opposite.

And now I am sad again because I won't have time to play it :(

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I should be home from work just in time to begin the download, provided there aren't delays. I wonder who the 5th character will be for the "good guys" since I doubt Tenzin will be back.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    melindamonstermelindamonster Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I got in the mood to play some Uncharted 2 multiplayer. I still maintain my past comments that it's one of the best multiplayer games this gen, pending two unfortunate things:

1. Assholes that drop grenades on spawn, killing all partners.

2. Cocksuckers then quitting, thus ending the whole game because they're host.

Also, the fact that a gigantic majority of players have no idea what the fuck they're doing. It's simply staggering how many horrible players there are.

In any event, I want to co-op with folks here, specifically for Trophy-related challenges. Anyone interested?

oooooh pick me pick me! psn: melindamonster

i love uc2 co-op objectives!

melindamonster on
    PSN and League IGN: melindamonster
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I was listening to some podcasts and the general consensus was that Uncharted 3's 3D was fantastic and may actually be worth it.

Even hearing that, I'm not entirely convinced. I think it would be a genius move for Sony to put the E3 trailer in front of 3D movies leading up to the release to get folks like me convinced.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I was listening to some podcasts and the general consensus was that Uncharted 3's 3D was fantastic and may actually be worth it.

Even hearing that, I'm not entirely convinced. I think it would be a genius move for Sony to put the E3 trailer in front of 3D movies leading up to the release to get folks like me convinced.

All the 3D talk, plus my soon-to-be-acquired bachelor's degree that will hopefully lead to a high paying job this year has me considering a 3D TV later this year, hopefully around Black Friday.

The glasses aren't a big turn-off for me as it would be a purchase just for me; at the most I'll have one other person watch it with me, so it works for a solo entertainment experience.

Anyway, are we doing an UC3 meta list?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hmmm, I haven't cashed in my free month of PS+ yet.

I do believe that now would be a good time to do so.

Shame I can't do anything in the beta until tomorrow. Damn morning work hours...

Anywho, if you see Stud_Beefpile playing tomorrow hit me up. I could use more PSN friends anyway.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Beta is up in the UK at least.

Downloading right now!

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    US too.

And it won't connect after install. What a shock.

At least the wait in class won't be as infuriating now.

• Options
    kyleh613kyleh613 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I managed to play one game and then UC3 hardlocked my system and then again after I did a reboot. Can't connect to the games central server. I'll just try again later.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oh shit I completely forgot this started today

I have an infamous 2 code but I also haven't activated my month of PSN+ yet
    conundrum

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Downloading now.

Also, I have a 3dtv.

Huzzah!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    oh shit I completely forgot this started today

I have an infamous 2 code but I also haven't activated my month of PSN+ yet
    conundrum

Might as well activate it now and grab it and give away your code to someone who bought a PS3 after The Incident.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Searching for a game now... anyone else trying to play? My PSN tag is Drakieon if anyone wants to add me, will be playing this a lot the next few weeks I suspect.

Drakeon on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Searching for a game now... anyone else trying to play? My PSN tag is Drakieon if anyone wants to add me, will be playing this a lot the next few weeks I suspect.

I am also perpetually searching. Let's do it together!

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Willeth wrote: »

I am also perpetually searching. Let's do it together!

Finally got into a game myself, but the framerate is dodgy and im unable to pick up any weapons... :( Also just froze, i think. Awesome. I hope the framerate is patched soon, because its really really annoying as is.

Drakeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh my god, this is the first beta ive played in a while that really needs some work. I've frozen at least 5 times now in an hour or so and the framerate is awful. Not to mention the matchmaking not really working...

I <3 me some uncharted, so im hoping for a patch to fix this shit asap.

Tried to invite you to a party willeth and i froze again.

Drakeon on
  • Options
    Nik HuzeNik Huze Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    No luck connecting to a game here. Oh well, watching all these awesome trailers is keeping me content for now. "i want to kill everybody in the world"

Once Naughty Dog gets this working, it will be my first time using my PS3 for multiplayer. I need PSN friends.

PSN ID : Nik-Huze

I'll try sending requests to people who've previously posted.

Nik Huze on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nik Huze wrote: »
    No luck connecting to a game here. Oh, well watching all these awesome trailers is keeping me content for now. "i want to kill everybody in the world"

Once Naughty Dog gets this working, it will be my first time using my PS3 for multiplayer. I need PSN friends.

PSN: Nik-Huze

I'll try sending requests to people who've previously posted.

I'll add you, i need some psn friends too, only have 2-3 at the moment as i usually use my xbox for any multiplat games.

Drakeon on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Given that everyone has access to what was supposed to be limited beta (because everyone has PS+), I'm guessing it's going to suck for a while.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Crashed on me twice so far, but whoa, the dynamic opener to the airfield map is pretty swish.

Willeth on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Played an entire match, did great, got disconnected from Playstation Network (or so it said, I was still online) and froze my PS3 right after the match ended. No exp!

Also, the map I played sucks. I don't want a concrete jungle!

Emotes are great, though.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Nik HuzeNik Huze Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'll add you, i need some psn friends too, only have 2-3 at the moment as i usually use my xbox for any multiplat games.

Thanks!
    Yeah, I do the same.
    See you on there, hopefully it stablizes soon.

Nik Huze on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just once I would love an online feature to actually work on the day of release. It's become a running joke at this point, because I can't remember any game that launched in the last two years without any online issues.

It especially sucks here since what I've seen so far looks fucking amazing. I don't know what's going on in that airplane/truck map but it is bonkers. But so far I've hard-locked three times.

I also love the mini-TV in the menu. It's such a neat touch that I've never seen before.