Options

Uncharted 3: Drake's GOTY

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Desperate times, eh?

"What does that even mean?"

That's right...I played the game. Both in fact. Huge accomplishment, I know. /flex

Decoy 2, David Russel 0

Edit: Also, darn you guys who can find multiplayer games. Every time I searched, I'd wait for 10 minutes and give up. Granted, was very LTTP

Decoy on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Decoy wrote: »
    Desperate times, eh?

"What does that even mean?"

That's right...I played the game. Both in fact. Huge accomplishment, I know. /flex

Decoy 2, David Russel 0

Edit: Also, darn you guys who can find multiplayer games. Every time I searched, I'd wait for 10 minutes and give up. Granted, was very LTTP
    When that happens try disconnecting (return to title screen) and then reconnect. Usually I'm able to quickly find games again after that cycle.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I've had no problems finding games recently.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had no problems finding games recently.

Thread resurrection, yay. (I assume this is the "right" thread, since the actual U2 thread has been dormant longer).

Uncharted 2 is soooo good. I've been playing it over the past couple of nights, and I'm on Chapter 15. Yeah, I'm late to the soiree, or whatever the kids say these days. My dad even played it and finished it already. I have actually owned this game for a year or so, and now I'm wondering why I never played it. If I wasn't going to play it, I should have just waited for the GotY edition to be cheap like it is now, but oh well.

Also, to continue the thread discussion, I had no problem getting into a Lab game and a Co-Op game last night.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Weird. It must just be me. I may have to throw the disc in this weekend and see if I can get into a game. Then again, after not playing it for a bit, I'm going to be rusty as hell and trying to use the Assassin's Creed control scheme.

In other words, FREE KILLS! Ha.

Decoy on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So they just released a new video clip on Joystiq. We get to see the main villain of the game.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drake in a tux!

FBI Agents!

Helen Fucking Mirren!

OH MY

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well I don't think they really got Helen Mirren.

A boy can dream, though.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Requesting thread name change to Uncharted 3: That Cocky Little Shit.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Looks awesome. Would be great if the final boss battle is Drake just beating the shit out of an old lady.

Ceno on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well I don't think they really got Helen Mirren.

A boy can dream, though.

I'm just gonna go ahead and imagine you didn't say that, because it looks and sounds like her, so I'll just be over here in dream-world with Helen Mirren being the bad-guy in an awesome video game.

Lalalalalala I can't hear you!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Her voice isn't smooth enough to be Helen Mirren.

But they are totally going to a Helen Mirren vibe, which is great.

Suits! Great. So pumped about this game.

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    They say who the actress is in the interview that Giant Bomb has posted. It ain't Helen.

So are we putting money down on Sully biting the big one? I'm guessing one of Nate's gambles doesn't pay off and there are big consequences. Seems like a logical story leap and given this Marlowe woman's familiarity with him, it wouldn't shock me.

Ceno on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We're not even sure Elena and/or Chloe are back in this one. Wasn't there some word of this being a prequel?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited March 2011
    We're not even sure Elena and/or Chloe are back in this one. Wasn't there some word of this being a prequel?

I seem to recall Elena's actress twittering that she had done some work, but I could be mistaken.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ceno wrote: »

I seem to recall Elena's actress twittering that she had done some work, but I could be mistaken.

You know, after the way UC2 ended, I can't help but wonder how they would bring back Elena. They were already not together when UC2 started.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited March 2011

You know, after the way UC2 ended, I can't help but wonder how they would bring back Elena. They were already not together when UC2 started.

Oh hey Elena wanna go to this fancy party in the city? Yeah sure Nate because we're totally married now that makes perfect sense OH NOES RUFFIANS ARE KIDNAPPING ME

and so the adventure ensues. This isn't rocket science.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Oh hey Elena wanna go to this fancy party in the city? Yeah sure Nate because we're totally married now that makes perfect sense OH NOES RUFFIANS ARE KIDNAPPING ME

and so the adventure ensues. This isn't rocket science.

"Bachelor party" was my immediate thought when I saw Nate and Sully in suits.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh right. I had always thought the reason they broke up was that Nathan was an adventurer who could never commit to one woman.

I guess grenades will fix that right up.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited March 2011
    The bad lady also took his Francis Drake ring.

Would be awesome if it all tied in to Drake's Fortune.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    They say who the actress is in the interview that Giant Bomb has posted. It ain't Helen.

Yeah... I know. But I can dream, can't I?

EDIT: That is, pretend.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh right. I had always thought the reason they broke up was that Nathan was an adventurer who could never commit to one woman.

I guess grenades will fix that right up.

The parts in UC2 where Chloe calls Nate out on getting his heart broken by Elena and when she walks away because she realizes Nate loves Elena probably have more to do with this theory than Elena's near-death.

Ceno on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Whew. Just finished up the Platinum last night. Forgot to sync the trophies and re-run my sig script last night, but now I have three Platinums. I have to be honest: I'm a little bit Uncharted out right about now. I know some of you are probably asking if that is even possible...but for me it is true right now. I may come back and finish up some of the unnecessary (offline) medals, and I may even play a little MP here and there, but for now I'm done. I think next on the backlog is Batman: AA.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Whew. Just finished up the Platinum last night. Forgot to sync the trophies and re-run my sig script last night, but now I have three Platinums. I have to be honest: I'm a little bit Uncharted out right about now. I know some of you are probably asking if that is even possible...but for me it is true right now. I may come back and finish up some of the unnecessary (offline) medals, and I may even play a little MP here and there, but for now I'm done. I think next on the backlog is Batman: AA.

Congrats. You, sir, are a better man than I.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Decoy wrote: »

Congrats. You, sir, are a better man than I.

Look, not gonna lie to you fellas. On my Crushing run, I eventually (chapter 8 or 9) glitched it to give me unlimited ammo and one-shot kills. So you, my good gentleman, are probably a better man than I in holding true to your morality. Frankly, it was still pretty difficult in some places, but I simply don't have the time to be perfect with every shot. I stopped short on my second playthrough of Uncharted 1 on Hard because one section was giving me trouble (the big underground room with the water and all of the pillars and guys spawning in all directions). I just have to try to remember that the Platinum is not necessary to enjoy the game.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I didn't find crushing on #2 to be *that* terrible although I do fully admit to cheesing the end-boss. It's been a while but the only section I remember raging about was when dragging Jeff. It probably sticks out in my mind because I felt that the outcome was entirely random and didn't feel like I did anything differently when I finally got through it.

#1...yeah I didn't even get to the notorious water room before waving the flag. Might go back one day and try again but I also has Batman to play :P

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Number 3's single-player and then multiplayer are going to devour my November, I just know it. I already still after over a year of the game being out play Uncharted 2's multiplayer religiously.

Barring an earlier then expected Guild Wars 2 beta/release, anyways.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I didn't find crushing on #2 to be *that* terrible although I do fully admit to cheesing the end-boss. It's been a while but the only section I remember raging about was when dragging Jeff. It probably sticks out in my mind because I felt that the outcome was entirely random and didn't feel like I did anything differently when I finally got through it.

#1...yeah I didn't even get to the notorious water room before waving the flag. Might go back one day and try again but I also has Batman to play :P

I thought maybe I could push through, but I'd hit particular encounters and just spend more time than I wanted. I know my Plat cred is damaged in admitting this, but I don't care.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was so closed to doing a Platinum, just need to get all the treasures (which I find to be a drag) but then they added all the MP achievements. I think that pushed the requirement for the Platinum up and I don't do MP achievements.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I was so closed to doing a Platinum, just need to get all the treasures (which I find to be a drag) but then they added all the MP achievements. I think that pushed the requirement for the Platinum up and I don't do MP achievements.

MP achievements are cake. You don't even need skill for most of them, especially the few required for platinum. Patience is a big factor in getting ones like BBQ.

I actually don't have the platinum yet because I haven't finished the crushing difficulty yet, that in turn being because I was too focused on getting gun use related cheevos.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I thought maybe I could push through, but I'd hit particular encounters and just spend more time than I wanted. I know my Plat cred is damaged in admitting this, but I don't care.
    Nah just your Uncharted cred :P

I'm two or three trophies shy of the plat on most of my games. I just can't be bothered to find the last 3 battery/blast shards...or the last 50 feathers. I've also taken to playing in easy mode and then once deciding how much I'm enjoying the game either restarting or planning multiple play-throughs. The difficulty spike in Uncharted 2's crushing didn't hit that "no longer fun" realm for me which is why it is one of my rare platinums. Of course the amount that I enjoyed the game factors heavily into not getting too frustrated.

Although I do remember another section in crushing that I raged at...
    Fight early on in Shangri-la with multiple guardians where you were SOL until you managed to take one down and steal their crossbow. When you finally take one out and then miss your bolt-shot it hurts even more.
    Pretty sure the only MP trophies related to the platinum are the basic ones like "played a round of deathmatch" and "played a story mission with a friend".

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Nah just your Uncharted cred :P

I'm two or three trophies shy of the plat on most of my games. I just can't be bothered to find the last 3 battery/blast shards...or the last 50 feathers. I've also taken to playing in easy mode and then once deciding how much I'm enjoying the game either restarting or planning multiple play-throughs. The difficulty spike in Uncharted 2's crushing didn't hit that "no longer fun" realm for me which is why it is one of my rare platinums. Of course the amount that I enjoyed the game factors heavily into not getting too frustrated.

Although I do remember another section in crushing that I raged at...
    Fight early on in Shangri-la with multiple guardians where you were SOL until you managed to take one down and steal their crossbow. When you finally take one out and then miss your bolt-shot it hurts even more.

Yeah, that was a fight that I was very glad to be cheating on.

Pretty sure the only MP trophies related to the platinum are the basic ones like "played a round of deathmatch" and "played a story mission with a friend".

It has only two online Trophies required for the Platinum, yes. They are "play a competitive online match" and "play a cooperative online mission." (Basically what you said.) I heard that you can actually get the trophy if a friend sends you a replay of a match and you just watch it. But seriously, they just take a couple minutes each. All of the other online trophies actually require that you have the DLC, and the counts for those trophies don't start counting until you buy the DLC.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

It has only two online Trophies required for the Platinum, yes. They are "play a competitive online match" and "play a cooperative online mission." (Basically what you said.) I heard that you can actually get the trophy if a friend sends you a replay of a match and you just watch it. But seriously, they just take a couple minutes each. All of the other online trophies actually require that you have the DLC, and the counts for those trophies don't start counting until you buy the DLC.

Yeah, DLC trophies are never required to get the Platinum. If you're wondering how to differentiate between the game and DLC trophies, go into a trophy list and press square. It will seperate them all for you, though it doesn't work on older games (like Burnout Paradise) because they only added that functionality in afterwards. Uncharted 2 and most games that've come out since then support it though.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Damn, guess I'll have to track down a strategy guide and look for the treasures.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Try Youtube.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Or this. I haven't platinum'd, but I might, and this looks like a good guide.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I'm another late guy to the party. Got a PS3 last Christmas, which was a bundle that came with Uncharted 2. I didn't wanna play 2 without playing the first, so I got it from Gamefly and then basically sat on the game for 3 months until finally deciding I just needed to play it.

Beat Drake's Fortune on a Saturday basically, and once I was through didn't have any real desire to play it again. It was a fun game but the shooting mechanics felt so squirrely... add to this the fact that I had no idea I could shoot guns without aiming first. D: Figured that out during the part where Drake is trapped with that Asian gangster guy on a platform full of zombies, which is way late into the game.

Almost immediately after beating the first game, I fired up the second and have gotten to the entrance fo Shamba-la or however it's spelled. I was blown away by how much better of a game it was in basically every respect, though I'm still terrible at third-person gun aiming and pine for lock-on a la GTA IV. In an FPS I'm perfectly fine with manual aim, but in 3rd-person perspective games I just suck.

I think the improvement I most enjoy in the 2nd game is that enemy AI doesn't always know where I am, all the time... that completely pissed me off in Borderlands and it pissed me off in Uncharted. I can't properly express how relieved I was that this was changed for Among Thieves.

So now I can't wait for the third game, but I still have a little ways to go until I complete U2. Then I'm on to Infamous before the sequal to that arrives.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I did the same thing (re: shoot without aiming) in the first game. I didn't find out until about 30 minutes from the end. It made things so much easier to know I can just run and gun with a shotgun just to get guys out of my way.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    hottoqhottoq Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Am in the middle of playing this on Very Easy just to enjoy the amazing story/dialogue/characters, this is the first game I have EVER replayed and I've been gaming since the early 90s. Just never interested me before. UC2 is so damn good.

hottoq on