Options

Community: hit me with your genie's bottle, rub it all over me (season 3 confirmed!)

1545556575860»

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't think he necessarily needs to be used less, he just needs to be used better. The writers don't seem to have any idea what to do with him, and have settled for making him be a generic crazy guy.

Cantide on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So back to how Chang needs to be used less-

I think Chang needs to be used less.

I think they need to redirect Chang back to his original goal of being accepted to the study group. He kinda leaped frogged that whole goal by getting into Jeff's apartment.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Chang just needs to Chang less

Joolander on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cantide wrote: »
    I don't think he necessarily needs to be used less, he just needs to be used better. The writers don't seem to have any idea what to do with him, and have settled for making him be a generic crazy guy.

I don't know... he hardly seems generic. This is probably because his crazy has been ramped up by a factor of ten this season. They just need to dial him back a notch and find him a new story line. Frankly, I wish they had kept him as a spanish teacher and just had the gang interact with him in weird ways from time to time...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sentry wrote: »

I don't know... he hardly seems generic. This is probably because his crazy has been ramped up by a factor of ten this season. They just need to dial him back a notch and find him a new story line. Frankly, I wish they had kept him as a spanish teacher and just had the gang interact with him in weird ways from time to time...

He should turn out to be really fluent in Chinese but just doesn't like being a stereotype which in turn leads to his increased level of psychosis, thus allowing him a new teaching gig.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sentry wrote: »

yes to both of these.

valiance on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    In the first season, Chang was hilarious because he projected himself as a total asshole who was full of himself while he was actually really insecure and sad. This season, he's just pathetic. He lost the tension between appearing high status and being low status.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm fine with him

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    QonasQonas Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    In the first season, Chang was hilarious because he projected himself as a total asshole who was full of himself while he was actually really insecure and sad. This season, he's just pathetic. He lost the tension between appearing high status and being low status.

This. Last season, we got El Tigre making sure the class knew he could never die, and then exiting the room to a custom rap about how El Tigre Will Never Die.

Now we get pathetic crazy-to-11 Chang. Not quite the same.

Qonas on
    banner_default.jpg

There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility. - President Theodore Roosevelt
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Chang was always pathetic though... he just got to have a facade of importance because he was a teacher.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, his abuses of power were what made his psychoses funny rather than sad

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm fine with him

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DoomSong8 wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm fine in him

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Chang needs to get back on his Meds and blackmail the dean of city college for a teaching certificate.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Chang should take over as Dean for an episode.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Chang should take over as Dean for an episode.

Everything short of the Tri-state area would be razed in flames by day's end.

Godfather on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Someone can make a new Community thread.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.