As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I really want to get these games, but will the lack of closure ruin it?

durden77durden77 Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Penny Arcade Games
I know they never got around to making an episode 3, so I'm worried if I got episode 1 and 2 that it would just leave a bad taste in my mouth. Are they fun/funny enough on their own right to warrant a purchase?

Sadly, I just recently found out that these games existed. I wish I would've supported them when they were released, but alas I did not.

durden77 on

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2010
    They're pretty cheap now on Steam, the first is under ten dollars now. As far as the story goes, it's being continued in text form by Jerry so you won't be left completely in the lurch.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I played the trial on XBLA. While I think I'm going to love it, 20 dollars is just simply too much to pay for it. But yes on Steam it looks like they are only 5 dollars each, so I'll probably be getting them.

That's great to hear that the story will be finished though, but has it been finished? Or is it going to be finished? Because I mean... the games have been out for over two years. If the story hasn't been finished by now, it doesn't give me much hope for closure soon....

EDIT: Also, where is the Mac version? I see news stories saying that it's on Mac, but on Steam I only see the PC version.

durden77 on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2010
    The story only recently started being told on the main site again. I'd be very surprised if Jerry didn't finish it. As for the status of the mac version on steam; I'm afraid I can't help you. If you send steam support an email I'm sure they can help you out. If it's not available on steam it's probably pretty cheap on Amazon.

Tube on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, the story is currently being written at about one chapter a week I think, you can find it here.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for all the help guys. I've contacted both Steam and hothead games about this Mac/Steam issue so I hope to get a response.

The weird thing is, when I try to download the demo for it on my Mac, it lets me go through all the steps and stuff, but when it's actually trying to download it, it says "The Steam servers are too busy at this time" over and over. What's strange about this is that if I try and download a demo for any other game that is Windows only, it immediately says, "This title is not available on your platform."

Strange....

durden77 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well for now, I have the game working through Crossover games on my Mac. Even though it's a pain in the ass, at least it wasn't a total loss. And I'm loving the game so far it's great simple funny fun.

I hope that Hothead and Steam respond to my emails though, as you can see how misleading this page can be...

http://www.hotheadgames.com/pa.php

As you can see, it says "The first episode of the series debuted on May 21, 2008 and is available for Windows, Mac, Xbox LIVE® Arcade and PlayStation® Network."

The part of the sentence that says "Windows, Mac" is a direct link to the Steam page, which is why I thought for sure it would work. So I guess this is more Hotheaded's problem than Steam's, but I still wonder why it doesn't warn me before I download the demo that it's not available for my platform...

durden77 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you bought it directly through HotHead they had Windows, Linux, and Mac binaries available. I'm not sure why Steam doesn't carry it, but if you can show HotHead your proof of purchase from Steam they might be amenable to sending you the Mac version.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    durden77 wrote: »
    I know they never got around to making an episode 3, so I'm worried if I got episode 1 and 2 that it would just leave a bad taste in my mouth. Are they fun/funny enough on their own right to warrant a purchase?

They definitely are, it feels a bit unfinished (since it obviously is), but you won't be unsatisfied with the experience.

Headhunter on
    "Perception is reality." -unknown