Options

Old Wrestling thread is old. Go find the new one. [Wrestling]

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Matt Hardy debuted and beat RVD tonight in TNA.

TNA is so fucking predictable that it's truly not funny anymore.

VvgR7.png
    Here's your next TNA Champ folks.

What. The. Fuck.

I take it that's Matt? Cause I swear to god that I thought it was Hacksaw Duggan.

Apparently somebody in the audience shouted "lets go Raven!" when he came out.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TNA is the WWE's North Korea. They have the weapons to do damage, but they're run by insane dictators #TNAwful

So god damn true.

Also! REVIEW TIME!

I just watched the main feature of the Bobby Heenan DVD. It starts with a brief look at his home life and concludes with the HoF induction. The DVD reviews his career in the AWA and WWF mostly, with a brief look at his time in WCW. For the most part, the AWA and WWF is pretty solid. The time line kinda jumps around a little and it focuses more on Heenan's success as a manager than the story lines he's involved with, except for one. There's a focus on Hogan/Andre and how Heenan was brought in to make it work for Andre as a heel. They kept bringing up how big his stable of champions was but never brought up that it wasn't all at the same time. A little more coherent on the time line would have been nice. The WCW part was....short. And it was incredibly negative. They showed where he swore at Pillman, they showed his frustration in the booth with Schiovone and when Medusa dumped cologne on him. There was comments from his wife about how those weren't happy times. From there, it moves into his bout with cancer and is rather somber but picks up in tone with the HoF and how he's doing fine now. On the HoF part, they showed him cracking jokes but left out when he nearly cried for the lack of Monsoon. I thought that was a bit odd. There was only one question I asked throughout the whole thing.

Where the fuck is Bobby Heenan!?

There was commentary from his wife, his daughter, his friends, wrestlers, Vince and tons of other people but no new footage from Bobby himself. He's not dead. He's done new footage for other documentaries for the WWE. So where the fuck was it for this? They broke kayfabe during the feature a number of times so it's not like they'd be breaking kayfabe by showing an older, thinner Heenan. It just seemed so...lacking.

In short, it's an average DVD with a glaring omission.

that's retarded to leave him out

were there funny parts? I'm not sure of the make up of the dvd, if there's matches where he's outstanding on commentary I can live with it not being a funny doc but I'm curious.

also the timeline stuff seems to happen on their dvds a lot. I don't get it. need a better editor or something.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Matt Hardy debuted and beat RVD tonight in TNA.

TNA is so fucking predictable that it's truly not funny anymore.

VvgR7.png
    Here's your next TNA Champ folks.

What. The. Fuck.

I take it that's Matt? Cause I swear to god that I thought it was Hacksaw Duggan.

Apparently somebody in the audience shouted "lets go Raven!" when he came out.

Tyler Reks was trending during Matt's debut.

Not sure if it's speaks more about the incompetence of WWE or TNA that TNA was able to get over a WWE more than the WWE has been able to do it.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    TNA is the WWE's North Korea. They have the weapons to do damage, but they're run by insane dictators #TNAwful

So god damn true.

Also! REVIEW TIME!

I just watched the main feature of the Bobby Heenan DVD. It starts with a brief look at his home life and concludes with the HoF induction. The DVD reviews his career in the AWA and WWF mostly, with a brief look at his time in WCW. For the most part, the AWA and WWF is pretty solid. The time line kinda jumps around a little and it focuses more on Heenan's success as a manager than the story lines he's involved with, except for one. There's a focus on Hogan/Andre and how Heenan was brought in to make it work for Andre as a heel. They kept bringing up how big his stable of champions was but never brought up that it wasn't all at the same time. A little more coherent on the time line would have been nice. The WCW part was....short. And it was incredibly negative. They showed where he swore at Pillman, they showed his frustration in the booth with Schiovone and when Medusa dumped cologne on him. There was comments from his wife about how those weren't happy times. From there, it moves into his bout with cancer and is rather somber but picks up in tone with the HoF and how he's doing fine now. On the HoF part, they showed him cracking jokes but left out when he nearly cried for the lack of Monsoon. I thought that was a bit odd. There was only one question I asked throughout the whole thing.

Where the fuck is Bobby Heenan!?

There was commentary from his wife, his daughter, his friends, wrestlers, Vince and tons of other people but no new footage from Bobby himself. He's not dead. He's done new footage for other documentaries for the WWE. So where the fuck was it for this? They broke kayfabe during the feature a number of times so it's not like they'd be breaking kayfabe by showing an older, thinner Heenan. It just seemed so...lacking.

In short, it's an average DVD with a glaring omission.

that's retarded to leave him out

were there funny parts? I'm not sure of the make up of the dvd, if there's matches where he's outstanding on commentary I can live with it not being a funny doc but I'm curious.

also the timeline stuff seems to happen on their dvds a lot. I don't get it. need a better editor or something.

Yeah there's two hours of matches that he was involved in. A few that he wrestled, a few that he commentated (including the RR that Flair won) and a few that he managed.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As #TNAwful weekend comes to a close, it's time to focus on RAW. Too bad that show can't write itself. Now wheres that randomizer wheel?

They need to invite Bob Barker back to host RAW, that sounds like a top notch concept just for him.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    CaswynbenCaswynben Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Someone get a screencap of RVD's face when Matt Hardy came out.

Caswynben on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hi... I am a fan from the attitude era and wcw.
    I lurk here following tna, and wwe via you guys here.

WTF happened to the hardys? Jesus.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I thought Matt was supposed to be all ripped now after he found a new diet?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

Well from what people are saying it does look like his arms are stronger, he just has a gut. Sounds like he has a farmer body

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Caswynben wrote: »
    Someone get a screencap of RVD's face when Matt Hardy came out.

I think we've all seen RVD's too stoned to care face.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    kdrudy wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Well from what people are saying it does look like his arms are stronger, he just has a gut. Sounds like he has a farmer body

ppv8.jpg

edit: Goddamn I love the Osirian Portal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx6PxAOHwn4

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I guess the reason that they didn't interview Bobby Heenan himself is that Heenan is in pretty bad shape :(

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I guess the reason that they didn't interview Bobby Heenan himself is that Heenan is in pretty bad shape :(

"On December 11, 2009, Bobby Heenan was hospitalized at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL after an examination of his rebuilt jaw found an infection that needed to be treated. As a result, Heenan missed his scheduled appearance at the K&S Wrestlefest event in New Jersey.

By 2010, Heenan's jaw infection was completely eradicated. He appeared at TNA Lockdown fanfest on April 17, 2010."

Where did you hear he wasn't doing well?

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I've heard just the opposite. I've heard he's doing a lot better.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Joeslop wrote: »

"On December 11, 2009, Bobby Heenan was hospitalized at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL after an examination of his rebuilt jaw found an infection that needed to be treated. As a result, Heenan missed his scheduled appearance at the K&S Wrestlefest event in New Jersey.

By 2010, Heenan's jaw infection was completely eradicated. He appeared at TNA Lockdown fanfest on April 17, 2010."

Well he did appear on TNA Lockdown fanfest so he can't be doing that well.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Joeslop wrote: »

Well he did appear on TNA Lockdown fanfest so he can't be doing that well.

Oh snap.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well he did appear on TNA Lockdown fanfest so he can't be doing that well. #TNAwful

Fixed.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    7B47I.jpg

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Looks like the logo for a brand of Straight Edge batteries

Kreutz on
  • Options
    Frank BrakFrank Brak Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    On one hand I hope that shirt's real because it's awesome.

on the other hand, I hope it isn't because the photoshopping of the hand and the bolt is god awful.

Frank Brak on
    "hold the phone. now give the phone to me."
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    7B47I.jpg

If you told me that shirt was available without that atrocious "WWE Authentic" label that's always on the bottom left of their shirts, I'd probably buy that shirt.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Watch ROH, then watch us & see if you can figure out why we dropped World's Greatest Tag Team and put the strap on Santino/Kozlov #RAWTonight
    Watch #RAWTonight & see @mikethemiz who can keep his belt since we're not worried he'll trade it in prison for smokes unlike @JEFFHARDYBRAND
    See who we leave off TV, gets pissed off, bitches about it on Twitter, gets released and shows up on the next TNAwful PPV #RAWTonight

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Man those second two are mean, and truthful.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't understand the first one

also thanks justin for the details on that dvd

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't understand the first one

also thanks justin for the details on that dvd

I didn't either, but I don't know much about ROH.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    WWE fired Benjamin and Hoss and put the belts on a guy who got slapped by Jim Cornette and another guy who botched falling last week.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It was funny I happened to be watching for Kozlov failing to go over the ropes, it was horrible.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Every time Miz says 'Awesome' take a shot. Every time Cole steps on someone's promo or ignores a match, take 2 shots Adios liver #RAWTonight

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    huh.

is this basically, "this is how you heel."??

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Carrying Mike out like he's Jesus is hilarious.

I wonder if they have the Undertaker's cro-er, symbol somewhere in the back they can string Punk up on later.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't know how King can say that was the weirdest thing he's even seen on Raw. I guess there's that WWE rule where anything longer than 6 months ago didn't happen, but the Santino/Uso woman who's name I don't rmember relationship was weirder this was just mean.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Magell wrote: »
    I don't know how King can say that was the weirdest thing he's even seen on Raw. I guess there's that WWE rule where anything longer than 6 months ago didn't happen, but the Santino/Uso woman who's name I don't rmember relationship was weirder this was just mean.

In wrestling that;s known as the Three Month Rule. Essentially, the three month rule states that any events that took place more than three months ago do not need to be considered canon. This creates interesting situations where two wrestlers who were recently at each other's throats are now the best of friends. It also provides a means for the writers to not have to explain radical changes in a character's gimmick. It's basically Professional Wrestling's version of Negative Continuity and/or Ret Con.

Not to be confused with the Seven Year Rule of course; after three months, the aftereffects of a storyline can be forgotten, but after seven years, the storyline itself can be recycled wholesale.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i like where punk is going with this whole thing

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Watch ROH, then watch us & see if you can figure out why we dropped World's Greatest Tag Team and put the strap on Santino/Kozlov #RAWTonight
    Watch #RAWTonight & see @mikethemiz who can keep his belt since we're not worried he'll trade it in prison for smokes unlike @JEFFHARDYBRAND
    See who we leave off TV, gets pissed off, bitches about it on Twitter, gets released and shows up on the next TNAwful PPV #RAWTonight

Is this WWE affiliated or just some WWE fans twitter; because if its a WWE approved feed - that is pretty awesome.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Songs about weed are not PG, but it's in Spanish so Vince doesn't have to know.

And ED it's clearly not official.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    WE WANT JR! clap clap clapclapclap

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bah. . .I mean its mean and snarky, but its certainly not so over the pale to get shareholders in a tizzy, and would play well into the mentality of folks who actively Twitter. Oh well -

ED! on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well....

huh.

lol.

Michael Cole is the best troll.

edit::

well...

I guess better to lash Husky Harris than to take them to otunga... But.... still, slightly not necessary. I'm going to still keep hope somewhere that in all of this, or after all of this, there will be an anti-bully/anti-hazing story here. But I doubt it.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ED! wrote: »
    Bah. . .I mean its mean and snarky, but its certainly not so over the pale to get shareholders in a tizzy, and would play well into the mentality of folks who actively Twitter. Oh well -

Like I said, I think it's secretly run by Joey Styles and I'm stickin to that story.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Is that an actual Twitter page - not finding it through Google and its magic.

ED! on