As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam | CHRISTMAS SALE! - Wait for Daily Deals on Games You Want

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so how is Sniper Elite, anyway?

I've mostly cut myself off for the rest of the night, but I could probably spare the $1.50 if it's worth playing.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay, Merry Christmas!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cheeky of them to have Super Meat Boy at £3 when I literally don't have a penny to my name until Wednesday.
    I'll get you for this Steam, one day I'll get you for this!
    *ominous music*

[fake edit]Prince of Persia's as well? Crikey. If the daily deals stay this strong I think I'm going to be spending as much if not more money than I did last year.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So how many of you peeps still have a backlog from last year's holiday sales, anyway?

Zxerol on
  • Options
    ZedarZedar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zxerol wrote: »
    So how many of you peeps still have a backlog from last year's holiday sales, anyway?

I still have games I haven't even played from last years xmas sale, let alone finished. I expect to have continued this tradition this time next year :)

Zedar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »
    so how is Sniper Elite, anyway?

I've mostly cut myself off for the rest of the night, but I could probably spare the $1.50 if it's worth playing.

its my favourite ww2 title. Loved the PS2 version.

And killerfencingsax, did you justv hit me with 3 games. ... I'm speechless. Thanks a bunch Mann!

Big Classy on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I already have a bunch of great games from this sale.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I posted this in the SE++ thread already but Eversion is on sale for like $1.50 or something and it's awesome.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's not a backlog. It's a gamebank.

And mine is HUGE. Mainly b/c my PC is 6 1/2 years old, and I've been using the Steam sales to prep my account for when I build a new box.

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Could I have an invite to the Steam group?
    Link to my profile is in my sig.

edit: thanks very much

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    May I have an invite to the STEAM group as well please?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bryndis

edit: thank you lepwave :)

Prisca on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Joining in on this gifting stuff.

I'll be giving away One indie pack of your choice (excludes heavy hitters).

PM me with your choice and steam profile.

Eligibility: Must have register for over three months with at least 100 posts.

I will be choosing a winner in one hour, so send in those PMs!

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well this is bullshit. I'm very much logged on but it hasn't filled in the box! I even logged in yesterday (it was the 20th for me yesterday) and still nothing.

I guess I don't need 100 free games, but yeah... Boourns!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zxerol wrote: »

Heh.

Last year's holiday sales.

I still have a Genesis game - that I bought new - on my "finish this" pile. If it were a person, it could vote by now.

I probably shouldn't have bought 9 games today.

baudattitude on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Currently in my cart:
    Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection: 9.99
    Star Wars Battlefront II: 9.99
    Star Wars Republic Commando: 4.99
    Sid Meier's Pirates!: 2.49
    Sid Meier's Railroads!: 2.49

I just don't know what to do, that's a big chunk of the Complete Star Wars pack which for some reason is currently not on sale, at all. Should I wait a couple days and see if they change that since everything else in the lucasarts store (aside from TFU2) is 50% off or should I just buy them?

ugh

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Well this is bullshit. I'm very much logged on but it hasn't filled in the box! I even logged in yesterday (it was the 20th for me yesterday) and still nothing.

Try logging out and then logging back into the Steam client.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I gifted 2 games (Super Meat Boy, Sid Meier's Pirates) and one game pack (Indie Beat Pack) today and received Super Meat Boy as a gift. Everyone was happy, I think. :)

SteevL on
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Try logging in on the actual website instead of the client: http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt

corky842 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    corky842 wrote: »

Try logging in on the actual website instead of the client: http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt

That's what I'm attempting. Community log in didn't help either. Maybe it has something to do with the Steam client access being blocked by the network... Gosh-darnit if that's it, curse you work network! I won't be home for days haha

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Don't ask me why, but Steam client, Steam community, and Steam store logins all appear to be seperate processes

Jintor on
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There is this glitch I encountered on the steam community. Someone go to their wishlist, and try to go back to the Store home page. I got stuck on the Wishlist page. Had to restart my client.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Currently in my cart:
    Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection: 9.99
    Star Wars Battlefront II: 9.99
    Star Wars Republic Commando: 4.99
    Sid Meier's Pirates!: 2.49
    Sid Meier's Railroads!: 2.49

I just don't know what to do, that's a big chunk of the Complete Star Wars pack which for some reason is currently not on sale, at all. Should I wait a couple days and see if they change that since everything else in the lucasarts store (aside from TFU2) is 50% off or should I just buy them?

ugh

Definitely wait. Last time they had 'star wars packs' (complete and smaller packs) as daily deals.

Alegis on
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    where's the best place to put this?:

Will trade Serious Sam HD 1 & 2 as gifts if you buy me Painkiller Black & Overdose.

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M this video just made me want to buy Bad Company 2. I heard the PC version didn't receive the love and attention of it's console brethren, but still 6 dollars is a ridunkulous deal.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, I have only played like 20 minutes of Super Meat Boy and I can already tell it's a damned special game.

Holy shit, it's only $3.75 people, buy it!

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh yeah, it's worth repeating that for anyone who's ever enjoyed any video game that involves a first person perspective and shootin' mans that BC2 is an absolute must-buy for $6.79.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Oh yeah, it's worth repeating that for anyone who's ever enjoyed any video game that involves a first person perspective and shootin' mans that BC2 is an absolute must-buy for $6.79.

What's the consensus on Vietnam? Seems a bit pricey for a sale item, I know its just released but still.:P

Big Classy on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »

What's the consensus on Vietnam? Seems a bit pricey for a sale item, I know its just released but still.:P

Vietnam is a pretty good expansion, flamethrowers are pretty but man it's range is within arms reach. Guns seem to kill much faster in Vietnam rather than vanilla BC.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Except places where it's $10 :P

Kinda want it but not $10 want it... which could be spent in a later deal.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ? vietnam isn't on sale and came out Saturday

it's excellent and only 15 bucks

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ahaha so I accidentally put the wrong age on the BC2 steam page and now it won't let me purchase it, any idea how long this takes to reset? You'd think age would really be tied to the account you're on.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Lepwave wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »

Vietnam is a pretty good expansion, flamethrowers are pretty but man it's range is within arms reach. Guns seem to kill much faster in Vietnam rather than vanilla BC.

Multiplayer only expansion?

Also, I have no willpower :(

Big Classy on
  • Options
    JDcapoJDcapo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    Ahaha so I accidentally put the wrong age on the BC2 steam page and now it won't let me purchase it, any idea how long this takes to reset? You'd think age would really be tied to the account you're on.

try relogging?

JDcapo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Inkyblots wrote: »

Log out, restart, log back in? Worth a shot

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That worked! Thanks, I think I'm going to try BC2 and see if I want to drop 15 on Vietnam, I did love Battlefield Vietnam from back in the day so it's probably going to get purchased.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ok so

I got the THQ pack mainly because I wanted to check out WH40K DOW. Saints Row 2 and Metro 2033 helped, but mainly 40k.

I now own:

Dawn of War Gold
    Dawn of War Dark Crusade
    Dawn of War Soulstorm
    Dawn of War Winter Assault
    Dawn of War 2
    Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising

I assume I should start with DoW Gold and play the expansions before moving on to 2? Or is DoW2 just a fuckton better and I should skip #1?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So Bit.trip.beat Buy it for $5? I dunno, I definitely must own it before 2011. But will it either go cheaper or more likely be part of an indie bundle that I probly own a game or two from for the same price? (this may already be the case)

also I've heard rumblings of indie bundle duplicates being giftable any truth to that?

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DagrabbitDagrabbit Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I hate the current trend of too-hard platformers, but Super Meat Boy is really fun. Even if I never make it past the first world because I suck, there's a lot of unlockable content in those 20 levels, with band-aids and the Dark World and all. I recommend it even if you're not a huge fan of punishing platformers. For $4 it's hard not to get your money's worth if you like platformers at all.

Dagrabbit on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The opinions on DoW vs DoW2 differ greatly. Some say the sequel is amazing and the fast paced action/rts mixture is incredibly fun, while other think it's a terrible game and like DoW more for being a more traditional RTS (while being pretty damn unique in it's own right.)

Honestly they are both completely different so depending on your RTS preference you might like one more than the other or maybe even both! It'd be a Christmas miracle.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh man, Steam's getting to me. I'm considering getting PoP 08 since it's only 5 bucks. I know it's not a great game, but it's so pretty. Are the graphics worth 5 bucks? Bear in mind, this is not a game I had ever thought of buying before I saw it for 5 dollars.

Muddy Water on