Options

[Blight of the Immortals]

• Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bamjo wrote: »
    Penny Arcadia

I can put up 10 yellow toward the defense of Smithrun. If Pollo moves the Shadow Path dwarves to Smithrun, will reinforcements from Goat Dale and Hammerforge make it in time?
    It is 11 hrs from Shadow Path to Smithrun, and the horde gets there in 13hrs. This is gonna be close. Message me in game Pollo if you are going to defend, I have an envoy standing by.

Penny Arcadia:

I've got Axeboon's Battallion doubling back. I wanted to open up a route so I could get reinforcements through. I should have new taxes before the fight, so I can probably afford to reinforce and upgrade the fortifications before they hit.

At the moment my biggest concern is that they'll freeze my guys in place, being Cyclopes and all. I've got nymphs in range if that happens, but I probably won't be awake in a few hours when their power recharges.

It's certainly going to come down to the wire there.

And this is my pubbie game: http://blight.ironhelmet.com/game/2895310 It's called The Patient Elf.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Penny Arcadia

I can put up 10 yellow toward the defense of Smithrun. If Pollo moves the Shadow Path dwarves to Smithrun, will reinforcements from Goat Dale and Hammerforge make it in time?
    It is 11 hrs from Shadow Path to Smithrun, and the horde gets there in 13hrs. This is gonna be close. Message me in game Pollo if you are going to defend, I have an envoy standing by.

Penny Arcadia:

I've got Axeboon's Battallion doubling back. I wanted to open up a route so I could get reinforcements through. I should have new taxes before the fight, so I can probably afford to reinforce and upgrade the fortifications before they hit.

At the moment my biggest concern is that they'll freeze my guys in place, being Cyclopes and all. I've got nymphs in range if that happens, but I probably won't be awake in a few hours when their power recharges.

It's certainly going to come down to the wire there.

And this is my pubbie game: http://blight.ironhelmet.com/game/2895310 It's called The Patient Elf.
    Penny Arcadia
    Even if they don't freeze you, you got exactly one hour to use the spell. You might want to consider spending 10 yellow coin on a new drawf squad on smithrun and reinforce to that squad. that way worse come to worse, you should still have 50 points of defense and will chip away a decent part of their army.

ZombieSheep on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hmm, I'm 5 hours from my first fight.
    It will be an interesting thing to wake up to.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Penny Arcadia

I'm gonna gamble and reinforce the existing army. My other two cities are still recharging, so they probably won't be able to get reinforcements to Smithrun in time. Do we know what happens if I order the city to upgrade defenses, and then use my dwarf ability before they finish?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I imagine it just goes only to the next level, ignoring any progress leading to it, prior to the spell.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    starkillerstarkiller Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We're on our way to winning in the game I'm in too. We now have a zombie free NW and my elves are smacking stuff east and south. In fact, it looks like if you co-ordinate early on you should be free and clear. I imagine the lack of co-op changes this by a lot since it requires frontier defense.

starkiller on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    An important note: While Wizards/Shamans/Enchantresses/Trolls may have awesome abilities, they do not give you honor.

So if you wipe out 40 trolls with a Fire Wind, you won't get any credit at all. Or if you use Holy Light to cleanse the Blight, you won't be recognized for it.

I think that does a pretty good job of balancing those units, actually. Because otherwise there's absolutely no need to have a regular army for people with access to those colors.

As it stands though, if you go for the "easy" button, you're not going to build up any honor to actually come in first place.

Also, unless something drastically changes with some "massive zombie wave", we're about to steamroll the Blight in the Easy game I'm in, and it looks like the same is about to happen in the Normal game as well.

Shamans + massive Hobgoblin reinforcements = dead zombie trolls.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so does your trade envoy (the once every 3 hrs guy) leave and arrive instantly or does he take travel time?
    using the trade envoy can I bribe an independent army halfway across the map instantly?

valiance on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jesus, my Ents have spent so long getting to the front lines that the front lines are somewhere else now.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    alset85alset85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Jesus, my Ents have spent so long getting to the front lines that the front lines are somewhere else now.

Yeah ents tend to do that.

alset85 on
    override said: I can't wait until Toady causes pressurized water to be able to actually damage things. I want to hit goblins with a shit cannon of such pressure that the meat is ripped from their bones

Steam ID
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Penny Arcadia

Those damn cyclopes rooted my army while I was asleep. I knew that would happen. I saw it coming and could have stopped them if it had happened only a few hours earlier or later. Fuck it.

I've got my guys legging it back the way they came. I'll dig in at Shadow Path.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Penny Arcadia

Those damn cyclopes rooted my army while I was asleep.

Yeah I decided it would be better to get regular amounts of sleep.
    If I had woken myself up at some point, I could of had the centaurs speed you up in time.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyone know if the hob-goblin ability works on goblin assassins.

BertezBertez on
    ...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited December 2010
    Isle of Sodor

Second game created and invitations sent.

Penny Arcadia

First battle won! At Orcs Crossroads. Losing casualties equal to the difference in scores is brutal.

edit: Nevermind. Am dumb. Casualties are the difference between loser's total score and the winner's dice plus fortification bonus.

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    cwoaccwoac Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    (when?) if another game gets set up at some point, I'd like in. Looking likely the pub game I'm in will be won (probably not by me, despite my lucky 100+ ent army thats currently trundling through the middle of the map

cwoac on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What game am I in? Do we have a fancy posting thing?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You're in Imperfect's Game.

We get silly Magenta because I was silly and forgot to change the title of the game to something cool.

MY BAD.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh I see, you need to buy a key in order to create a game in the "free" beta. I could have read the OP closer, but I usually take free to mean free. Though I guess that's naive.

Consider my interest in starting up a game with my friends deflated.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It's a freemium game. Paying to start a game doesn't kill me, because one person can pony up for 8. Having to pay to recruit more than two races does kind of kill me, though.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I mean isn't this like so many of the browser-based kingdom management games that have been abundant and free for like a decade?

'Cept that you can hop into mini worlds just for you and your friends I guess, which admittedly would be nice.

kedinik on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Isle of Sodor

Yay I'm in a PA game!

This should be interesting over in my brown corner

Kind of mean of Darian to snag that Mason's Keep from whoever ends up being the lightgreen elves

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Isle of Sodor

I'm hoping that dwarf will allow me to make a stand against the zombie stack of doom over there; I'm not going to take Clifftop, though, and if I can get and hold Baron Mine I can give Mason's back to them.

Also, if anyone wants to trade me their orange or red for my blue or green, let me know in game.

Darian on
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited December 2010
    Isle of Sodor

4 of 8 have signed in. I'll start the clock at ~6-7 pm est tonight, unless everybody signs in before then. If we don't have a full complement by this time tomorrow I'll open it up to whoever wants to join.

Tiger Burning on
  • Options
    starkillerstarkiller Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The ents in my game are having the same problem. I'm using Centaurs on them now. You really have to have both _RIGHT AWAY_. This is a mistake I will not make again.

starkiller on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Isle of Sodor

Odd; I was under the impression that in paid games all the players could recruit from any color, but that might not be the case (I'm seeing a splash screen telling me to buy a key when I try to recruit a new dwarf).

If I can't recruit dwarfs after the game is underway, that does me no good and so I'll just gift him to light green, hopefully for some orange or red coins.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    kedinik wrote: »
    I mean isn't this like so many of the browser-based kingdom management games that have been abundant and free for like a decade?

'Cept that you can hop into mini worlds just for you and your friends I guess, which admittedly would be nice.

This does kind of remind me of Utopia, a browser kingdom management game. I used to play that way back when. Although the emphasis here seems to be more on strategy/teamwork than math. We should start a Utopia game sometime.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Penny Arcadia

Alright, my army is on the offensive. My 48 Men are marching to engage 24 Zombie men with no fortifications. I'm still not exactly sure how combat is calculated, but surely a 2:1 advantage is enough. Just to be safe I hit them with a DoT lightning spell. After clearing Lonely Road I plan to blitz Battle Keep with my Enchantress.

bamjo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Penny Arcadia

Alright, my army is on the offensive. My 48 Men are marching to engage 24 Zombie men with no fortifications. I'm still not exactly sure how combat is calculated, but surely a 2:1 advantage is enough. Just to be safe I hit them with a DoT lightning spell. After clearing Lonely Road I plan to blitz Battle Keep with my Enchantress.

It's Strength + Fortification Bonus + 1d6 per 'hero' level. Lower scoring army is obliterated. Winning army loses strength equal to losing side's total score minus winning sides fortification bonus + d6 score (i.e. the winning side's score minus strength). Men get +1 to their d6 and zombie men get -1 to theirs. You'll win, though you should expect to lose around 20 dudes.

Tiger Burning on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Penny Arcadia

Combat calcs:

Each side totals up their combat score: Strength + Fortifications + Dice Roll

The loser is destroyed. The winner takes casualties equal to: Loser Score - Winner Fortifications - Winner Dice Roll

So, if you have 48 level 1 men attacking 24 zombie men, who each roll a 3 on their die rolls, you get:

Men: 48 + 3 + 1 (Lucky) = 52
    Zombies: 24 + 3 - 1 (Unlucky) 26

The Men win! They take casualties equal to:

26 - 0 - 4 = 22

So, you end up with a level 2 army of men with 26 remaining troops.

EDIT: Best case scenario, you roll a 6 and they roll a 1, you'll lose (24 - 0 - 7 =) 17 troops; worst case (you roll a 1, they roll a 6), you lose (29 - 0 - 2) 27 troops.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanks guys that helps a lot. Gotta expect losses I guess.

bamjo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have a ridiculous level 8 hobgoblin army that just steamrolls everything. Best thing ever.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I have a ridiculous level 8 hobgoblin army that just steamrolls everything. Best thing ever.

Wow, I didn't know levels went that high. Do you know what the limit is?

Tiger Burning on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think Imperfect's Game is going to wrap up (relatively) soon now.

When it ends, are the folks involved interested in a game set on "Hard"?

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yes!

Darian on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Is there a "double hard"?

It definitely is going to end soon. I am going to WarChant (tm) with a 120-strong orc army to digivolve my 3 PokeFay and a squad of elf hunters into death hordes, and then dance through zombie town.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I would, actually. Though if there is a lot of interest I guess the efficient thing to do would be for each of us to start a game.

Also, the game is less funny when you zoom in. E.g. - the cyclops town in the center top? - Big Club Tower, not Big Chub Tower.

Tiger Burning on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Re: Imperfect 2: Electic Boogaloo: Absolutely.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'd like to give this game a shot if someone needs another player. Would be appreciated.

kedinik on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Isle of Sodor

Gonna start the clock here in a minute. One person has yet to sign in and claim the orcs of the south.

Tiger Burning on
  • Options
    MusanMusan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So how does one sign up for a game going on here?

Musan on