Options

COD BLOPS: Emblem collage in OP, post your emblem for the next one!

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I find the semi-auto rifles force me to play smarter too. I know I can't handle outnumbered cqb, so I avoid it. I usually don't win that situation anyway, regardless of gun.

That's why I have a Masterkey on mine.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Are you flashing DD? Tactical grenades of any kind? Immediately backing up around a corner and throw something back at them? Then go clean up?

I try to do that, but it doesn't work out very often. I need to get the timing right. Or something.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The timing is that as soon as you begin arming a tac grenade and are totally helpless, a guy will appear.

Every single time.

Arrath on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arrath wrote: »
    The timing is that as soon as you begin arming a tac grenade and are totally helpless, a guy will appear.

Every single time.

This totally describes my experience with BLOPs.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bro Chi MinhBro Chi Minh Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I fucking love the MP5.

Bro Chi Minh on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, MTDM is fun, MTDM with complete nubs is much more fun :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c78W0m-seI
    Also, the Kiparis is awesome. <3<3

Noice.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Why do I have class until 930 est????????????????

joshgotro on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Why do I have class until 930 est????????????????
    This is what you get for trying to better yourself, josh. That'll teach ya!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    Merton BlaskMerton Blask Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I couldn't get into the Kiparis, mostly thanks to the janky location of the ejector port. Fell in love with the Spectre this afternoon, though. It's rapidly replacing the MP5 as my SMG of choice.

I have a feeling that I should probably stop using rapid fire as a crutch and switch to extended mags at some point. Maybe one day when my aim is better.

Merton Blask on
    It would be like if the Queen woke you up every morning. Too special.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Winning the lotto = bettering oneself. Nursing degree = eAsy job with three day work week.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good games with PA people today.

I liked using the FAL for a little today, but since we kept running into try hards so I gave them some try hard right back. I kind of feel dirty when I use Ghost and the 74, but it has to be done occasionally.

Here's me getting a triple spray with the Galil on Firing Range

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t20Y3EpMkXE

Magell on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I couldn't get into the Kiparis, mostly thanks to the janky location of the ejector port. Fell in love with the Spectre this afternoon, though. It's rapidly replacing the MP5 as my SMG of choice.

I have a feeling that I should probably stop using rapid fire as a crutch and switch to extended mags at some point. Maybe one day when my aim is better.
    spectre + grip = best smg in the game.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mac11 + people to shoot it at = best gun in the game.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Mac11 + people to shoot it at = best gun in the game.

What's funny is that even I was able to find a Mac11 today in spite of our gun laws.

Oh wait, this is a water pistol, my mistake :P
    Kiparis + Silencer 4eva.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Since I beat Dead Space last night. I'm free to play some BLOPS tonight.

Edit - I'm liking the Enfield for some odd reason, it's probably cause I'm not whoring the Galil anymore.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't use SMGs very often. I some times use ak74u + steady aim + grip. I have a rush load out made, but I don't use it very often.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had a pretty awesome moment of failure today, whip a conc into the wall, stun myself, get a crossbow bolt into me, kill the guy before it goes off while hip firing my Enfield.

I also have the best class names bar none :D

Big Bertha, the shotgun class
    Lil Suzie, the SMG class
    Dirty Debbie, the LMG class
    Wily Wilma, the Assault Rifle class
    Sister Sarah, the sniper class

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Welp, it's official

There is no way to die in this game that isn't annoying as hell

Kilroy on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Predictions for MW3 shotguns.

Kel-Tec KSG

AKA Bullpup sex machine

ksg-tfb.jpg

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Welp, it's official

There is no way to die in this game that isn't annoying as hell

Just getting shot isn't too irritating. Spawning the second before the spawns flip and getting shot before you can move two or three times in the same game is annoying. It happened to me three times today on Nuketown.

There is a rumor that the new MW will be a prequel starring Ghost. WoodysGamerTag mentioned the prequel thing, and I saw the Ghost rumor on the cod wiki.

I want another Black Ops game. I know there will probably be another one, since it was the best selling thing ever in human history or whatever bombastic hyperbole.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is some technical limitation behind why bullpup weapons haven't really taken off?

Hibernus on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hibernus wrote: »
    Is some technical limitation behind why bullpup weapons haven't really taken off?

Shitty triggers. They're generally mushy and not very crisp, in addition to having a long and heavy pull. Also, you have to completely relearn everything that you had known from using standard layout rifles and shotguns.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That'd do it

Hibernus on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Shitty triggers. They're generally mushy and not very crisp, in addition to having a long and heavy pull. Also, you have to completely relearn everything that you had known from using standard layout rifles and shotguns.

Is this bullpup sex machine full auto? Because if it is I can't see them doing it.

glithert on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    glithert wrote: »

Is this bullpup sex machine full auto? Because if it is I can't see them doing it.

It's a pump-action, and it's too sexy not to.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Merton BlaskMerton Blask Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nah, it's pump. It is, however, dual-tubed, which is a nifty little feature.

Merton Blask on
    It would be like if the Queen woke you up every morning. Too special.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hoo boy. Just got my best record as a sniper and in BLOPS just now. 15-0 on Ground War Hanoi. It's too bad you don't get an achievement for not dying once in a match in this game it seems. Won the damn match to boot.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

The picture says it is a pump action.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I can't read anything today. God, I'm terrible.

So I was playing Cod4 yesterday. Was there something going on the the knives in that game? I had one game where I ran into an enemy and we both panicked, and we ran at each other trying to knife like 5 times, and each time we each hit each other and nothing happened.

glithert on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

So I was playing Cod4 yesterday. Was there something going on the the knives in that game? I had one game where I ran into an enemy and we both panicked, and we ran at each other trying to knife like 5 times, and each time we each hit each other and nothing happened.

Knives were garbage in MW1, which was good. Sometimes they'd miss a person standing still with their back to you.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Seems I need to upgrade my video card if I wan to continue playing this, gotta run everything on low and still get FPS drops when I get close to someone.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Knives were garbage in MW1, which was good. Sometimes they'd miss a person standing still with their back to you.

I think knives add an interesting dynamic to things.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MPL is the SMG king!

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    MPL is the SMG king!

Shut up trash.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

If by interesting you mean stupid and way too powerful in MW2 and to a lesser extent in BLOPS, then yes.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    putting a few rounds in a guy to only have him lunge 5 feet and instakill you is kinda BS.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    MPL is the SMG king!

This is so true. I love the MPL and its crazy iron sight.

I don't think there is a better feeling in this game than getting a chopper gunner on Jungle. It's just so fucking brutal to the other team.

Magell on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Predictions for MW3 shotguns.

Kel-Tec KSG

AKA Bullpup sex machine

ksg-tfb.jpg

I saw that in The Gune Thread the other day and almost made poast about it in here. sexy.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

If by interesting you mean stupid and way too powerful in MW2 and to a lesser extent in BLOPS, then yes.

I think maybe they're a little too weak when you can knife someone 5 times like your knife is made out of rubber

glithert on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    When did MW3 get green lit?

joshgotro on