As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATMAN] Where Are You?!? Here. Arkham City Out Now

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Well, isn't that more of a comic thing, and not neccessarily something that's part of the Arkham canon? Damien, that is.

Besides, Batman has slept with plenty of ladies. He's sleeping with catwoman right now in her spinoff comic (which is terrible).

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Well, isn't that more of a comic thing, and not neccessarily something that's part of the Arkham canon? Damien, that is.

Besides, Batman has slept with plenty of ladies. He's sleeping with catwoman right now in her spinoff comic (which is terrible).

In Batman Beyond, it was implied his longest lasting relationship was with Batgirl.

I wonder if they ever had a thing in the comics; it would explain why (Museum Spoiler)
    Oracle sounds pretty pissed about the notion of Batman meeting with Talia

Of course, Justice League had the best possible pairing.

There's no higher tier in the DC Universe than Wonder Woman.

And think about it, this was in a group that had Superman in the team, and yet she went with the one non-superpowered member instead.

Goddamn Batman indeed.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    FAN-fucking-tastic.

The freezing/game corruption was wide-spread enough to warrant an article in ign.com, and the response from the devs wasn't a good one... they more or less said "it's out of our hands." SIGH! Looks like I'm gonna go play Arkham Asylum till they fix this bullshit.

WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I think we can all agree that Batman's greatest love is Silver St. Cloud. I mean she calls him DD and everything.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Is that freezing stuff on the xbox? I havent had a single glitch on my ps3 version.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Catwoman - sexy time partner for Batman

Talia - love of Bruces life

Robin - don't ask. D:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    azith28 wrote:
    Is that freezing stuff on the xbox? I havent had a single glitch on my ps3 version.

It's on both systems.

WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.

• Options
    I can't get to the IGN article because they suck. But whats the gist? Can it happen to anyone? Specifically related to downloading bad dlc? Whats the dealio?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Batman having a relationship with any of his Bat-progeny just seems wrong, and that even includes the girls. It's like banging your daughter.

• Options
    I haven't had an issue with mine so far. No freezing/glitching or anything.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Batman having a relationship with any of his Bat-progeny just seems wrong, and that even includes the girls. It's like banging your daughter.

Yeah its like that time that superman had a threesome with superboy and super girl, awkward.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Wishpig wrote:
    azith28 wrote:

It's on both systems.

I had an issue once where The game wouldn't load up from the dashboard. I selected "play game" and the screen went black. Turned console off and on and it was fine. i didn't even know there was an issue D:

Not that it would be the worst thing in the world to have my save corrupted and start over, but I'd prefer not to!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    Game hasn't froze on me yet.

• Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Preacher wrote:

Yeah its like that time that superman had a threesome with superboy and super girl, awkward.

Would Superman / Superboy be Incest or Masturbation ?

Cleveralias on
    jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    I had an issue where it "froze" on me once when I went to play the game to start, haven't had it happen again. But if I lost my save I would be kind of pissed, some of those riddler trophies, specifically the batarang ones were a bitchy bitch bitch.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Maybe they'll have fixed that freeze/corruption issue by the time I get back from my weekend trip. I'm glad it hasn't struck me yet.

I have a question about a specific use of the batarang:
    Specifically, the reverse batarang. How do you use it? After using it on Ra's al Ghul, I tried using it on some thugs in the old subway from a gargoyle perch but it didn't seem to work. I didn't notice another type of batarang to select in my inventory, and I thought I was following the directions on how to use it: hold LT, target an enemy, and then hold RB.

• Options

GayBatman01.jpg

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Preacher wrote:

Would Superman / Superboy be Incest or Masturbation ?

Incesterbation, I'm sure thats a japanese anime somewhere.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    So I haven't finished Asylum yet, but is City basically an open-world version of that?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote:
    So I haven't finished Asylum yet, but is City basically an open-world version of that?

For the most part yeah. Its not GTA levels of city, but you do have a lot more to explore and curse at riddler with in this.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm
    Preacher wrote:
    I can't get to the IGN article because they suck. But whats the gist? Can it happen to anyone? Specifically related to downloading bad dlc? Whats the dealio?

They say it's related to the DLC... and it froze and corrupted my DATA when I tried to play as Catwoman on the DLC map that came with Robin... so I'm prone to believing that. To be fair, it's only happened to me once in 10 hours, but a game breaking bug like that shouldn't happen in a game that allows you no freedom in saving and depends heavily on a single save value for replay value. I've had game breaking bugs before, a good many, but none THIS bad. Keep in mind it did also corrupt my save and forced me to totally restart.

This poor guy over on the AC forums, had his freeze long after he beat the game and unlocked a ton of stuff... now he has to invest another shit ton of hours into unlocking everything again.

With such a large and detailed game, such bugs are an issue, but forgivable... but you want to know the devs are on the case... and they pretty much said "this ain't our case, I'll guess maybe we'll check it out, but it's really microsoft/sony's problem."

Wishpig on

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote:
    Maybe they'll have fixed that freeze/corruption issue by the time I get back from my weekend trip. I'm glad it hasn't struck me yet.

Specifically, the reverse batarang. How do you use it? After using it on Ra's al Ghul, I tried using it on some thugs in the old subway from a gargoyle perch but it didn't seem to work. I didn't notice another type of batarang to select in my inventory, and I thought I was following the directions on how to use it: hold LT, target an enemy, and then hold RB.

Are you using the remote-controlled one?

• Options
    I think I'm done with riddler trophies. No, I don't mean 100% done, but, I've unlocked all the stuff I care about (all the challenge/campaign/predator maps, a few of the character trophies), and all the remaining ones are just a pain really and turning the game into something I don't really care about.

I'll finish new game + then I think I'm going to move on to mostly doing the challenge maps.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote:
    SteevL wrote:

Are you using the remote-controlled one?

Nope. I take it that's the issue, then. I knew it was something D'oh-worthy.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    No glitches here to report here.

There is some crazy shit what goes on in this game. I hope the Bombcast does a spoilercast for it.

• Options
    Wishpig wrote:
    I'm
    Preacher wrote:

They say it's related to the DLC... and it froze and corrupted my DATA when I tried to play as Catwoman on the DLC map that came with Robin... so I'm prone to believing that. To be fair, it's only happened to me once in 10 hours, but a game breaking bug like that shouldn't happen in a game that allows you no freedom in saving and depends heavily on a single save value for replay value. I've had game breaking bugs before, a good many, but none THIS bad.

This poor guy over on the AC forums, had his freeze long after he beat the game and unlocked a ton of stuff... now he has to invest another shit ton of hours into unlocking everything again.

With such a large and detailed game, such bugs are an issue, but forgivable... but you want to know the devs are on the case... and they pretty much said "this ain't our case, I'll guess maybe we'll check it out, but it's really microsoft/sony's problem."

Oh thats freaking terrible. Is there a way to copy a save to another open file? I might do that just to be damn sure. I lost all my saves earlier this year to messing up a harddrive transfer I'd hate for batman to screw me like that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So I've been playing for like 3 days and I'm still not sure how to dodge knife attacks. Do I just hold back and triangle/y at the same time?

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe I'll get a USB drive to backup my game before I play it again on Monday.

• Options
    DeMoN wrote:
    So I've been playing for like 3 days and I'm still not sure how to dodge knife attacks. Do I just hold back and triangle/y at the same time?

dont bother. Just use cape stun, dodge, or hit them while they're not attacking

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Wishpig wrote:
    I'm
    Preacher wrote:

They say it's related to the DLC... and it froze and corrupted my DATA when I tried to play as Catwoman on the DLC map that came with Robin... so I'm prone to believing that. To be fair, it's only happened to me once in 10 hours, but a game breaking bug like that shouldn't happen in a game that allows you no freedom in saving and depends heavily on a single save value for replay value. I've had game breaking bugs before, a good many, but none THIS bad.

Oh thats freaking terrible. Is there a way to copy a save to another open file? I might do that just to be damn sure. I lost all my saves earlier this year to messing up a harddrive transfer I'd hate for batman to screw me like that.

Actually good thing you asked... I think this addresses JUST that (only for PS3 users though) and this seems to fix the issue, but it's a workaround not a FIX fix.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/5874-fix-batman-arkham-city-save-data-corruption-issue.html

I doubt you'll have a problem, it is a minority that have these problems. But, I guess I'd advise you to not play DLC too heavily at this point in time, as the DLC seems to be the culprit. So don't be like me and mix Catwoman DLC with Robin DLC. That's asking for trouble.
    DeMoN wrote:

Lol, I do the knife dodge simply because it looks so fucking cool. But trying to do it really can throw you off in a fight. I haven't tried cape stunning them. I just blow them up or build up my combo and take 'um down with one of those instant take-out moves.

Wishpig on

• Options
    edited October 2011
    DeMoN wrote:

But if you do want to dodge, yes, you hold left stick away from the goon and hold Y/triangle.

The unlockable counter thing requires button press/timing crap...

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Looks like I'll avoid challenge rooms until I've finished the game, but now I'm worried about playing catwoman parts since thats in the main story. Great job rocksteady!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    DeMoN wrote:

I can dodge them well enough, but I think I only knife-countered once. And that was an accident. I just can't get it. I can comfortably take out 3 guys with machine guns, but 2 guys with pocket knives will make me their bitch.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Preacher wrote:
    Looks like I'll avoid challenge rooms until I've finished the game, but now I'm worried about playing catwoman parts since thats in the main story. Great job rocksteady!

For what its worth, I'm up to the final Catwoman segment, and haven't encountered any issues.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    DeMoN wrote:

But if you do want to dodge, yes, you hold left stick away from the goon and hold Y/triangle.

The unlockable counter thing requires button press/timing crap...

Yeah, it's not worth trying to counter the knife guys, just cape flip over them, and roll away when you see the yellow alert thing.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Is Arkham Asylum required playing to enjoy this or can I just skip it?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Is Arkham Asylum required playing to enjoy this or can I just skip it?

I wouldn't think its that needed. I mean there are conversation bits that mention stuff in Arkham Asylum, but its not like you'll be lost without having done them.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Eh, it's more like, why not play arkham asylum though? They're both great games. And Asylum is cheaper.

Alucard6986 on
  • Options
    Arkham Asylum is an awesome game that should not be missed anyways. Also, playing AA first, you appreciate damn near everything in Arkham City that much more.

Its amazing how they took Batman from AA and made him even better to play as...

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm...I would say that combat for AC is very much improved over AA. That being said AA's atmosphere is just as good as AC's and I really enjoyed those Psych Evaluation tapes you could collect from the first game. Was kind of sad they weren't present in the second.

This discussion has been closed.