As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fuck Fools In Their Fat Frog Faces

2»

• Options
    Count ZeroCount Zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man there might be worse things out there but there is nothing more infuriating than people messing up a kids life for no reason other than sheer pettiness, you have my internet-stranger-sympathies.

Count Zero on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38624&dateline=1248802110
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    excellent use of alliteration in the title

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Toss the book at em, Macro. Or bricks.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Or boulders.

Or golf clubs (which I had to do once :lol:

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Met with the lawyer this earlier. He is going over everything we have, and said that we should wait to see if she will actually take us to court.

He said because of the agreement we all are supposed to go through a mediator if we have problems with one another and attempt to solve them. He's hoping she will bypass that, break the agreement further, and look even worse in the process.

If she doesn't actually do any of that we will be going forward ourselves.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    God fucking damn Macro

That is some awful shit right there

I really hope you and your lawyer can lay the smack down with the hammer of justice

Solar on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man unless those people are or enlisted the help of a damn good forger I would think forgery wouldn't be very hard to prove.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh geez macro :(
    I hope you and your mom get full custody!

skettios on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Next time the little girl says she's being hit call the cops and report it. Also, don't you have a liaison in child services you can complain about the lack of medical care to? I'd suggest taking the girl to a doctor and getting a full workup to check for any neglect.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Next time the little girl says she's being hit call the cops and report it. Also, don't you have a liaison in child services you can complain about the lack of medical care to? I'd suggest taking the girl to a doctor and getting a full workup to check for any neglect.

We are all supposed to go through a mediator if we have problems. At this point we would rather concentrate our efforts on court rather than trying to work things out with that woman.

We can take her to the doctor, but we're not allowed to make appointments. She would have to make the appointment and she would have to know what the appointment is for.

Doubtful she'd let us take her to the Doctor over that. We have taken her to urgent care over things like fevers and such.

I will definitely be reporting it if she complains about being hit again.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    Man unless those people are or enlisted the help of a damn good forger I would think forgery wouldn't be very hard to prove.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what we were all thinking. I believe the lawyer may have just ignored that bit and said that concentrating on the Notary would be troublesome and expensive.

Can never let something like that happen again.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »

We are all supposed to go through a mediator if we have problems. At this point we would rather concentrate our efforts on court rather than trying to work things out with that woman.

We can take her to the doctor, but we're not allowed to make appointments. She would have to make the appointment and she would have to know what the appointment is for.

Doubtful she'd let us take her to the Doctor over that. We have taken her to urgent care over things like fevers and such.

You're not allowed to make appointments? That's a really shitty agreement and I hope you have considered getting a different lawyer for the upcoming battle. Also, fuck the mediator, if child abuse and neglect is a concern go right to child services. Report all the issues with her glasses and missed appointments and that you are concerned for the safety of the child if she goes back to the woman and her abusive, dead beat boyfriend.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh hey it has been a while since the last "Get Shit Off Your Chest" thread

We just had a budget meeting at my church, where I am the director of contemporary music

They dropped me down from $320/mo to $200/mo with no explanation while the lady who shows up once every other week to play 1 song with the bell choir got a raise to $890/mo. because she is old and scary

I on the other hand work upwards of 10 hrs./wk and actually have formed kind of a cool contemporary band that attracts youth from the local universities and doesn't sound like typical boring Christian rock, plus we do at least 6 or 7 songs every week, to say nothing of my constant work changing strings, selecting music, ordering equipment, making sure everything has batteries, adjusting the mix, etc.

I eventually convinced them that I am worth the money they have been paying me for years now but they acted all surprised that I was offended!

"We have some people who come in for a few hours a month and do work for the church without asking for any pay at all"

Yes well those people make 6 or 7 figures and I am a poor college student who has another full-time job, 2 kids, a wife and 19 hours of classes this semester!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

You're not allowed to make appointments? That's a really shitty agreement and I hope you have considered getting a different lawyer for the upcoming battle. Also, fuck the mediator, if child abuse and neglect is a concern go right to child services. Report all the issues with her glasses and missed appointments and that you are concerned for the safety of the child if she goes back to the woman and her abusive, dead beat boyfriend.

I agree. The arrangement we have is not good at all.

We do have a different lawyer this time around. We're confident in our case. We're just waiting this week out to see if she makes a move.

I will take measure if she does accuse them of being violent with her again. I don't care if it is some kind of shitty punishment on their part. I won't stand for it again.

Which is shameful to me because I didn't have that reaction the first time it came about.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh hey it has been a while since the last "Get Shit Off Your Chest" thread

We just had a budget meeting at my church, where I am the director of contemporary music

They dropped me down from $320/mo to $200/mo with no explanation while the lady who shows up once every other week to play 1 song with the bell choir got a raise to $890/mo. because she is old and scary

I on the other hand work upwards of 10 hrs./wk and actually have formed kind of a cool contemporary band that attracts youth from the local universities and doesn't sound like typical boring Christian rock, plus we do at least 6 or 7 songs every week, to say nothing of my constant work changing strings, selecting music, ordering equipment, making sure everything has batteries, adjusting the mix, etc.

I eventually convinced them that I am worth the money they have been paying me for years now but they acted all surprised that I was offended!

"We have some people who come in for a few hours a month and do work for the church without asking for any pay at all"

Yes well those people make 6 or 7 figures and I am a poor college student who has another full-time job, 2 kids, a wife and 19 hours of classes this semester!

You're making $200 for upwards of 40 hours a month?

I know you probably really like the work but it's sad to say in terms of finances you'd be better off getting a part time job at minimum wage some where else.

They sound like jerks, though.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well I managed to succeed in my Persuade check to keep it the same

And I mean I would be showing up to play my harmonica/guitar somewhere else for free if I wasn't already established where I am

It's still a shitty thing to do to the guy who is in charge of literally the biggest part of your services

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

My niece has on two occasions said that the bitch hit her on her head and that her boyfriend has as well. There were no marks. When they come to get her she snatches me in her arms and cries like crazy begging me not to let them take her.

When we take her to their house she does the same.

Haven't read the last two pages yet but just had to comment on this.

Whatever you do please fight with all you've got to get and keep custody of your niece. I know that's what you're doing and the whole point of this post but I also know it can be difficult to keep site of the longer term goal in the middle of mediation meetings with lawyers and phone calls and research and all that stuff.

Man, it's stuff like this that make me want to go vigilante.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Damn Macro thar is balls. I can't believe our court system is so out of eack that someone like that can get even partial custody. Like, obviously she's exploiting the child for the support money. That pisses me off. I hope you can win this

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This shit breaks my heart. I just picture it as me having to take my sister to some scammer assholes and her begging me to not make it happen, and it just hurts. I hope you see a quick and thorough success!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    KeldonusKeldonus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What a bunch of shits. Vengeful/unreasonable family(ish) stuff is the worst.

Hopefully the deteriorating situation of the aunt is enough to push the judge in your favor.

I'm going to vent about an awful situation in my family
    My sister-in-law, let's call her B, is terrible judge of character, and, about four months ago, started seeing this guy, C, who's about 10 years older (32 vs 21), has a good union job at a shipyard, and thus makes some good money. Now, B is three-ish months pregnant, because C lied about having a vasectomy. And about being married (he claimed to be divorced two years ago, but is just non-officially separated following his 8-month stint in inpatient rehab because he was doing meth). He's only been working that job for ~15 months, his longest tenure at any job in his life, and only because his dad is a higher-up there and got him the job. He has three kids with his wife, the youngest of which doesn't recognize him as her father. Even though he makes a solid amount of money, he wouldn't willingly give any to his kids, so he gets about $2000/month deducted from his pay to support his kids.

Now, B knows this, and has spoken to C's sister (who hates him), his wife (who hates him), his parents (who still love him as their child but know he's a huge fuck-up), his friend/ex-roommate (who knows he's a fuckup and a liar), and is still dating him and living with him. He's convinced her that since she's having his child, they have an inherant connection, so they should try to work it out, and she believes him.

Now, I've always felt that wishing for someone's death is an awful, ghoulish thing. I'm not really comfortable with the death penalty as such, though I strongly believe certain people have no place in society and we'd be better off without them. But I hope C dies horribly. I dusted off that old internet chestnut and told him to die in a fire, but I really meant it this time. Why does God allow good, innocent people to suffer horrifying death, while this serial liar and manipulator, who preys on younger girls (both B and his wife, N, were 20-21 when he got them pregnant via deception, should be able to live his life and make 3x more money than I do? That's rhetorical, but still, I hope that fat fucker chockes on his still-intanct vas deferens.

Keldonus on
  • Options
    KeldonusKeldonus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    well, look at me double-posting like a chump.

Keldonus on
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck, man.

I think justifiable homicide would apply here, because fuck.

I hope for the very best things to happen for you and your niece.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i really hope things go well and better for everyone. it's gutting to see innocents or even just ... hopeful, naive people being hurt by assholes.

my problems aren't that big or dramatic. but. my (step-)grandmother died today. i'm kinda numb about it, but i mostly just feel relief. when she had a stroke and went into the nursing home 3 1/2 years ago, i left my job, my state, my cats and my boyfriend to go help with her arrangements and help my grandfather get his life back in order -- he was understandably depressed. that was a lot harder for me, seeing her frustration when she was herself, trapped and knowing the times she wasn't there. but i had hope when i left after two months, because i'd done things to help her recovery, she had therapy, i thought she'd get to come home eventually. she watched her mother die of breast cancer, in a nursing home, and absolutely did not want that for herself.

there were problems with the nursing home, on visits, i'd argued/persuaded the nursing staff to get the therapy going again; a year ago, after stupid hospital misdiagnoses (plural) she had to have her colon removed due to a C. difficile infection, my grandfather had pneumonia at the same time, and while i was there to help them, paranoid about spreading the spores, one of my cats died -- i'd had him for 15 years, but it was unexpected, and i couldn't even come back to bury him. it was a terrible, tiring time, and her tests for breast cancer were delayed because of it.

some of my family somehow feels that it was better that her digestive system had shut down, to die of starvation before her breast cancer could kill her, and i just feel horrified. i hope that she could forgive my family for putting her in that situation; i didn't make the trip this time because i couldn't handle the thought of sitting with her, waiting for her suffering to end, knowing that she'd extracted a promise that this would not be how she died. i'm hoping that the family who have left their senses have only done so temporarily.

one small consolation is that she got to see pictures of my sister's baby girl, born the 28th. my brother-in-law had asked what she wanted for Christmas 2 years ago, and (stroke and all), she cheekily said, "Baby"; she was delighted when they told her of the pregnancy. she was a strong, funny woman, and i'm glad she'll get some real rest now.

i'm very glad to get that off my chest, so thanks for the thread.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Pooka, I'm sorry, that's a lot to deal with.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    a drug dealer got shot outside my friend's apartment

also the drug dealers were creepily hitting on her

she is moving at the end of the month but that's a long time

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    a drug dealer got shot outside my friend's apartment

also the drug dealers were creepily hitting on her

she is moving at the end of the month but that's a long time

So your friend shot a drug dealer?

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    huh...
    well, that's one way of looking at it

today also on the subway there were some crazies

i was standing like 5 feet away, and facing away from this crazy looking bearded old black dude who had no shoes on and was writing shit on newspapers and putting pieces in his pocket, using the base of a sneaker for a writing surface, and he was mumbling to himself and shit i couldnt hear, and i moved my leg a bit to stretch my knee a bit, and then like 10 seconds later the dude stands up and is like yelling at me and pointing his pen being like MOVE YOUR FOOT AGAIN ILL SOMETHING SOMETHING i forget and was very angry seeming and then he sat down and kept mumbling to himself

so i stood perfectly still for the rest of the subway ride home

and then some other bug eyed old dude came in the subway yelling at this other guy who was getting on at the same time as him and kept yelling some variation of something something faggot motherfucker something something for like one whole subway stop

crazy train

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo