Options

[WOW] I don't wanna [CHAT] I wanna tank LFD all day.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    With Stats normalized as they are PVP gear in PVE is just fine. We have a warrior that is using Arena weapon. I personally used Bloodied Pyrium for the first week or so of heroics and we were just fine. Now if the player in those BoEs and PVP gears sucked then thats a different story but the gear should work fine. It usually matches stat for stat with PVE gear it just is missing either haste,crit etc.

Err, that's not 100% true.

DPS suffers the least from it, that's true, and due to pvp ilvl they are the most acceptable to using PvP gear.
    Resilience wastes some of its item budget, but it's not fatal.

Having a tank or healer in PvP gear is where it gets to be a bad idea.

Eh I tanked instances fine with bloodied pyrium. The stats were pretty much 1:1 with the same item lvl pve gear. All that was missing was some dodge or parry. I can't remember off the top of my head. A simple reforge allowed for some of that to be added. Plus Thera enchant. All in all I was probably loosing around .5% of either dodge or parry when compared to PVE gear.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My guild finally got Halfus last night second time thru. Only took a 3 hour raid of wipes + 3 wipes that time before downing him. They beat him wih 30 seconds left before enrage. We were all pretty stoked (I was watching roomie in the guild doing it).

I'd go but due to my work letting me off at 6 and them raiding at 7, its a rush to get home in time and set up so it feels like I'm going from job stress to job stress.

Looking on it though, i just dont' see the added bonus to doing a 25 man over a 10 man other than having to carry more people thru.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bear tanks actually do use rogue/cat (and hunter/enhance accessories) dps stuff for tanking, which is really annoying - there's no agi gear with dodge so we have to reforge it.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I would fear some of the fights on 25man Heroic. Space seems to be designed for 10 mans in some of the fights.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eh I tanked instances fine with bloodied pyrium. The stats were pretty much 1:1 with the same item lvl pve gear. All that was missing was some dodge or parry. I can't remember off the top of my head. A simple reforge allowed for some of that to be added. Plus Thera enchant. All in all I was probably loosing around .5% of either dodge or parry when compared to PVE gear.

I didn't think you could re-forge resilience.

Also, we talking heroics?

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    has anyone downed sinestra yet?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Mnemon-CorbantisMnemon-Corbantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nobody wrote: »
    Hmm, an officer in my guild recently posted that he wanted to start up raids again (we haven't really done much of anything since clearing ICC). Several people have posted that they want to do just 25s.

The amount of attrition we suffered after killing LK on 25s was nasty, and we lost several of our best healers and DPS. On top of this two of the officers (one of our MTs and our healing lead) are stepping back and are set to just be tourists this expac. As we haven't been even hitting 10s, we aren't even on the radar as far as progression.

Given that most of the guilds that are raiding on this server are pretty well advanced at this point, am I completely offbase in telling the guild that the goal of raiding T11 content in 25s is a pipedream?

Honestly it depends on your healer situation. If you have the healers to run 25s right now you might be able to pull it off. If you don't have the healers for 25 mans already its going to be rough recruiting them.

I know Blizz has poo-pooed this notion that healers are in shorter supply than before, but i can tell you as a GM and recruiter on my server there are no free agent healers out there, and a ton of the top guilds are recruiting like crazy for healers.

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm honestly surprised people's luck is that bad with the LFD queue. Sure sometimes you get a group that's completely terrible, but most of the groups I join (even as DPS) are able to clear the instances without too much trouble. If somebody in particular is messing up, just call them out politely a few times, and if they don't fix it start a kickvote. You're at the front of the queue when you kick someone, so it's not as though you wait very long.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I didn't think you could re-forge resilience.

Also, we talking heroics?

No but you usually have Stats and two secondary additions on an item. I think Bloodied Pyrium has Res and Crit with Sta and Str on it. Yeah this was for heroics. For Raiding I would agree that it might not work for tanking. I havent given it a shot because we waited to raid for a long time to gear people up but most of the fights are all physical dmg. For dps though our Arms warrior who has a few pieces of PVP gear and Arena weapon usually does well over 10kdps which is fine by us.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Shen wrote: »
    Bear tanks actually do use rogue/cat (and hunter/enhance accessories) dps stuff for tanking, which is really annoying - there's no agi gear with dodge so we have to reforge it.

Yeah, but our agi->dodge conversion rate works out well enough that I don't think our avoidance ends up being all that different from other tanks. Crit and mastery also provide pretty valuable survivability, so it's not like we're wasting a ton of the stats on those pieces. Just haste :?

Bobble on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nobody wrote: »
    Hmm, an officer in my guild recently posted that he wanted to start up raids again (we haven't really done much of anything since clearing ICC). Several people have posted that they want to do just 25s.

The amount of attrition we suffered after killing LK on 25s was nasty, and we lost several of our best healers and DPS. On top of this two of the officers (one of our MTs and our healing lead) are stepping back and are set to just be tourists this expac. As we haven't been even hitting 10s, we aren't even on the radar as far as progression.

Given that most of the guilds that are raiding on this server are pretty well advanced at this point, am I completely offbase in telling the guild that the goal of raiding T11 content in 25s is a pipedream?

Honestly it depends on your healer situation. If you have the healers to run 25s right now you might be able to pull it off. If you don't have the healers for 25 mans already its going to be rough recruiting them.

I know Blizz has poo-pooed this notion that healers are in shorter supply than before, but i can tell you as a GM and recruiter on my server there are no free agent healers out there, and a ton of the top guilds are recruiting like crazy for healers.

Almost every guild on our server (I play on Arygos as well as nobody) is in need of healers. Myself included. It's horrible at the moment.

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    With Stats normalized as they are PVP gear in PVE is just fine. We have a warrior that is using Arena weapon. I personally used Bloodied Pyrium for the first week or so of heroics and we were just fine. Now if the player in those BoEs and PVP gears sucked then thats a different story but the gear should work fine. It usually matches stat for stat with PVE gear it just is missing either haste,crit etc.

Err, that's not 100% true.

DPS suffers the least from it, that's true, and due to pvp ilvl they are the most acceptable to using PvP gear.
    Resilience wastes some of its item budget, but it's not fatal.

Having a tank or healer in PvP gear is where it gets to be a bad idea.

Both tanks and healers can get away with a couple of pieces of pvp gear and run heroics just fine. Personally I have two pieces left and have no problem running heroics with a decent healer.

What kind of pieces i think also matters. If you're in a PvP chest that's a bigger deal IMO than having say a pvp belt.

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Paragon downed her today.

Grobian on
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grobian wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Paragon downed her today.

The fight was pretty broken too from what I read. It was hot fixed on the fly between attempts which changed mechanics and strategies. Props to them for sticking to it and getting her down.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My server is so bad at raiding that just last night we had our realm first heroic 25 man lich king kill.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm honestly surprised people's luck is that bad with the LFD queue. Sure sometimes you get a group that's completely terrible, but most of the groups I join (even as DPS) are able to clear the instances without too much trouble. If somebody in particular is messing up, just call them out politely a few times, and if they don't fix it start a kickvote. You're at the front of the queue when you kick someone, so it's not as though you wait very long.

it isn't that bad.

its like anything else. the middle 75 percent of dungeons you run you don't remember. you went through, nothing of incredible note happened and you all went your separate ways after finishing up.

instead you remember that 25 percent on the edges. You remember your horrible dungeon runs and the assholes. and you remember the "wow i can't believe we just beat this place that easy! you guys are awesome!" runs.

and even then the bad tends to stick out more in your mind than the great.

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, Paragon took down Sinestra.

The only boss left to kill on heroic is Al'akir. I'm not sure if he's actually harder than Sinestra or if guilds just decided to try and rush Sinestra down first for the bragging rights?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yeah, Paragon took down Sinestra.

The only boss left to kill on heroic is Al'akir. I'm not sure if he's actually harder than Sinestra or if guilds just decided to try and rush Sinestra down first for the bragging rights?

Little of both, from what my guildies say about him. It is *hard*.

Walt on
  • Options
    TylanthusTylanthus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think people underestimate how much one person can influence a group's success.

Someone doing ~10k dps, not getting hit by boss abilities, and interrupting/dispelling properly can carry a group. Even moreso if they have good people skills and can get the rest of the group to follow suite by politely giving pointers along the way. If you're that person... surprise, now LFD seems easy to you.

Tylanthus on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tylanthus wrote: »
    I think people underestimate how much one person can influence a group's success.

Someone doing ~10k dps, not getting hit by boss abilities, and interrupting/dispelling properly can carry a group. Even moreso if they have good people skills and can get the rest of the group to follow suite by politely giving pointers along the way. If you're that person... surprise, now LFD seems easy to you.

So much this.

There are so many people that get upset when they're not #1 on dps. Well you know what sonny? You may not be number one on DPS but your tanks and healers love you because you're not standing in the exploding fire jerking off to your DPS numbers. It's amazing just who is left alive at the very end because they usually mitigate so much of the avoidable damage that they don't die until the boss is like "okay your raid is dead, now to kill you."

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

NO STOP IT. DPS IS THE ONLY MEASURE OF WORTH EVER STOP SPEAKING BLASPHEMY.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoy when the healer dies on a boss, and I'm using my 3 Holy Power insta heals, dispels and Lay on Hands on the tank to pull through the fight.

Yeah my Ret DPS may be laughably bad, but hey guys there's a chance I can be useful! :?

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bowen wrote: »

So much this.

There are so many people that get upset when they're not #1 on dps. Well you know what sonny? You may not be number one on DPS but your tanks and healers love you because you're not standing in the exploding fire jerking off to your DPS numbers. It's amazing just who is left alive at the very end because they usually mitigate so much of the avoidable damage that they don't die until the boss is like "okay your raid is dead, now to kill you."

Whats really sad is that as the healer you know the repeat stand in fire offenders. Hmmm, the whole raid is up, only very minor damage, to anyone, except you Mr. I am at 20% health or Mr. hmmm the whole raid is about to take some aoe damage, but everyone should be fine except for you Mr. Corpse.

Its always the same people. Often they do good dps, but they don't know how to avoid firey pits of death.

Nothing is more shocking then seeing the while raid with full health bars and then BANG. Someone is dead. I had no chance to to heal that person, they just melted. Makes me wish I was a priest so I could pull them away from certain death.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like to think that I'm the healer's favorite not only because I make sure to step out of things, but also because I do ridiculous self healing (drain affliction lock what what). And the DPS is perfectly respectable to boot.

That said, a real part of making LFD work is knowing when to cut someone loose. I see no reason to suffer under a bad player when the votekick option is sitting right there. If the boss you are on is a DPS race and one of the DPS can't seem to eke out more than 3k dps for some reason? Give 'em the boot. Healer die two times in a row on the same boss from standing in fire (this actually happened, I was amazed)? Give 'em the boot. Don't be afraid to kick people, but also be smart about it. Don't try to kick the guy that has two other guild members in the run. :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Don't try to kick the guy that has two other guild members in the run.

I've done this. They all left, and I filled the group with my own guild members. =D

sim on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Smaug6 wrote: »

So much this.

Whats really sad is that as the healer you know the repeat stand in fire offenders. Hmmm, the whole raid is up, only very minor damage, to anyone, except you Mr. I am at 20% health or Mr. hmmm the whole raid is about to take some aoe damage, but everyone should be fine except for you Mr. Corpse.

Its always the same people. Often they do good dps, but they don't know how to avoid firey pits of death.

Nothing is more shocking then seeing the while raid with full health bars and then BANG. Someone is dead. I had no chance to to heal that person, they just melted. Makes me wish I was a priest so I could pull them away from certain death.

Reminds me of the DK we pugged last night for Halfus. It got so bad that the healers were openly yelling at him on vent to GTFO of the fire (p.s. - if you are standing in the fire after the Time Drake is up, you are a moron). After many wipes we eventually kicked him (he was also doing less DPS than the tanks which didn't help), brought in a completely undergeared guildie that had since logged on, and downed him with very little problem (said undergeared guildie out-dpsed the epiced-out DK as well).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What's even more fun is tormenting your own friends/guild members by vote-kicking them. :twisted:

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Have Blizz fixed the problem with Heartblossom spawns being locked behind phasing? I barely had a stack after an hour of flying, but that was a couple of weeks ago.
    I hope not. My druid hasn't done any quests in Deepholme. I only got into farming there, because some guildies complained that they didn't find herbs after questing. Before that, I was doing laps in Uldum, but the price for Whiptail has gone down a lot. It helps that he's also my Scribe, so he doesn't even need Therazane rep.

herbs.jpg

No, I don't think its been fixed yet.

Arrath on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    What's even more fun is tormenting your own friends/guild members by vote-kicking them. :twisted:

This sounds exactly like something someone in my guild would do (and probably already has).

I won't name names though ;-)

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    All of that picking and only 6 Life? Man that was a bad streak.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arrath wrote: »
    Have Blizz fixed the problem with Heartblossom spawns being locked behind phasing? I barely had a stack after an hour of flying, but that was a couple of weeks ago.
    I hope not. My druid hasn't done any quests in Deepholme. I only got into farming there, because some guildies complained that they didn't find herbs after questing. Before that, I was doing laps in Uldum, but the price for Whiptail has gone down a lot. It helps that he's also my Scribe, so he doesn't even need Therazane rep.

herbs.jpg

Out of curiosity, does it let you into Deepholm before 80? My Druid is almost 75 where she'll be able to learn Cata Alchemy/Herbalism. Might want to take advantage of the phasing issues before I do quests ;)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

herbs.jpg

Can you briefly explain how this phasing trick works? I'm about to start deepholm on my druid and I'd like to take advantage of it.

Also, you can get to deepholm before 82 by being summoned, but you can't get there on your own.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pretty sure the only way around the level 82 breadcrumb quest would be (maybe) a warlock summon. No idea if that'd work, but I don't see why not.

Bobble on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

herbs.jpg

Can you briefly explain how this phasing trick works? I'm about to start deepholm on my druid and I'd like to take advantage of it.

Also, you can get to deepholm before 82 by being summoned, but you can't get there on your own.

I was just questing through on my Pally and noticed that picking up a certain quest (Rescue the Stonefather... and Flint) made a motherlode of herbs appear in one area (Needlerock Chasm). My assumption is that as long as I have this quest I'll be able to pick these guys.

Arrath on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    One thing I do love about this expansion is how fast you can gear up. Maybe it's because the loot tables aren't that shitty.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

So much this.

So much this.
    "Uhh Jyodi your DPS is about 650 points below what it should be on a Patchwerk fight according to this spreadsheet I have."
    "Well, this is Lich King, though. And I'm switching to adds when you need me to. And I went Arcane to slow the Valks more effectively. And I only get hit with Defile when someone else chains it far enough that I can't escape. And I blink before being thrown off the edge when the Valks grab me and we mysteriously can't DPS it in time with me gone."
    "Yes but according to this chart, your DPS is about one spell off for DPS so you need to step it up."

What the fuck

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    SporkacusSporkacus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey guys, I know there are smart phone authenticator apps, but is there one for Windows Phone 7 yet?

I'd like to get my hand on an authenticator so I am one of the cool kids.

Sporkacus on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

So much this.

So much this.
    "Uhh Jyodi your DPS is about 650 points below what it should be on a Patchwerk fight according to this spreadsheet I have."
    "Well, this is Lich King, though. And I'm switching to adds when you need me to. And I went Arcane to slow the Valks more effectively. And I only get hit with Defile when someone else chains it far enough that I can't escape. And I blink before being thrown off the edge when the Valks grab me and we mysteriously can't DPS it in time with me gone."
    "Yes but according to this chart, your DPS is about one spell off for DPS so you need to step it up."

What the fuck

This didn't really happen, did it?

Buddies on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »

So much this.

So much this.

What the fuck

It's happened to me as a Warlock. I had a mob CC'd with the Succy, one on fear, and dots on all the others during a really, really bad pull. Managed to keep two at bay and whittle down a third when the tank died, and a ballin' hunter and I wiped the rest out.

The third DPS, a mage (who died almost instantly, guess who made the pull) posted recount data a few pulls later, saying that he was out damaging us by almost 10%, and how we were crappy noobs and all that.

The next pull, he died and the healer refused to rez him. :) We four manned it and it was great.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    Buddies wrote: »

So much this.

So much this.

What the fuck

It's happened to me as a Warlock. I had a mob CC'd with the Succy, one on fear, and dots on all the others during a really, really bad pull. Managed to keep two at bay and whittle down a third when the tank died, and a ballin' hunter and I wiped the rest out.

The third DPS, a mage (who died almost instantly, guess who made the pull) posted recount data a few pulls later, saying that he was out damaging us by almost 10%, and how we were crappy noobs and all that.

The next pull, he died and the healer refused to rez him. :) We four manned it and it was great.

The Tosh.0 where he does the skit/web redemption with the World of Warcraft freakout kid is great. There is one like from it in there makes me laugh everytime.

"I Hate Noobs"

"I don't play video games that much, so I'm a Newb do you hate me?"

"Yeah, you're a noob."

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had a group like that in HTotT a few days ago. Warlock and Hunter were our only CC, and the hunter couldn't understand the concept of trapping. That left the lock to manage all CC duties himself, and then the DK started bitching about the lock's DPS (the same DK who used some trinket to silence rather than his two interrupts). Honestly man, some folks just can't understanding how helping the group to stay alive is ultimately faster than wiping a half-dozen times, or waiting for my cooldowns to reset between pulls.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
This discussion has been closed.