As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Great Moments in Comics [chat]

1596061626365»

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    The awkwardest thing for me is asking a girl out in front of other people.

If she's alone, no problem! I'm Clark Gable and Humphrey Bogart all rolled into one.

If there's somebody else around, I'm more like Urkel and Booger.

Is that weird?

well i would be awkwarded out if you asked me out in front of other people too

I wouldn't know how to say no without bad PR!

There's a girl I want to ask out but I only know her through work and she works a customer service job where there are always other people around. There's never a good time!
    ask her when her shift ends

that's suggestive enough

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Christ, Thom

all the eHugs

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

If she's alone, no problem! I'm Clark Gable and Humphrey Bogart all rolled into one.

Is that weird?

There's a girl I want to ask out but I only know her through work and she works a customer service job where there are always other people around. There's never a good time!
    ask her when her shift ends

that's suggestive enough

Meh everyone at my job asks when everyone else's shift ends.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    :( Thom

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Is that weird?

The only option is to develop a convoluted scheme whereby all the 'customers' in the place will secretly be your friends and will make subtle comments about how awesome "that guy in the back" (i.e. you) seem, then when you give the signal they all back away while you move in and ask her out, and when she says yes they all applaud as you both walk out the door into the sunset (or into a spotlight aimed at the window by another friend strategically stationed outside if it's not dusk).

Either that or you strike a conversation with her during a break/right after work and ask her out then.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eddy wrote: »

Is that weird?

Just give her your number

Then subtly grab your crotch and do a pelvic thrust.

If she doesn't get the hint, repeat 3 times in rapid succession, but this time adding grunting noises.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just stalk her, Feral. Once you know her schedule, pop out of the bushes when she's by herself and ask her to accompany you somewhere private.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    It is good to know that after all of these years, there are still gifts from my ex lurking in my mind.

hi-5

do you mean this in a dark way or a oh hey i just imagined her boobies kind of way

In the way that conveys solidarity in the face of similar past hardship.

TL DR on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just say, hey, here's my number, why don't you text me after work

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Meh everyone at my job asks when everyone else's shift ends.

Well toss in a "Maybe we can grab coffee when you're done"

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Might not wanna read:
    My right leg is giving me problems. The arch, the ankle and knee are all swollen and sore. I'm having some trouble putting weight on it. I've also got a cold. So Leigh decides she's going to come over and massage my leg. The ankle goes okay but then she gets to the knee and presses on one of the muscles and at that moment my entire right leg from my hip to my toes begins to spasm. It hurt and I wasn't expecting it. And the combination of her and pain triggered a panic attack and a fear reaction. So I start crawling to the top of the bed and make pitiful mewing noises. And she's watching in horror as I freak out completely. A couple of hours ago she got me calmed down and she left not too long ago. Tonight is a night to sleep alone.

My girlfriend did something similar, more mental than physical. We were horsing around and wrestling a little and I wound up pinning her down. She freaked out over being pinned down and had the same kind of panic and fear.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh snap Black Swan got ROBBED.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Social Network got best drama

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    maybe after your shift you and me can go out to my van and

Elendil on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Followed by a crotch grab, quick thrust, and a glare that says "I'm gonna get some coffee, you can come along if you're a bad enough bitch"

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Might not wanna read:
    My right leg is giving me problems. The arch, the ankle and knee are all swollen and sore. I'm having some trouble putting weight on it. I've also got a cold. So Leigh decides she's going to come over and massage my leg. The ankle goes okay but then she gets to the knee and presses on one of the muscles and at that moment my entire right leg from my hip to my toes begins to spasm. It hurt and I wasn't expecting it. And the combination of her and pain triggered a panic attack and a fear reaction. So I start crawling to the top of the bed and make pitiful mewing noises. And she's watching in horror as I freak out completely. A couple of hours ago she got me calmed down and she left not too long ago. Tonight is a night to sleep alone.

My girlfriend did something similar, more mental than physical. We were horsing around and wrestling a little and I wound up pinning her down. She freaked out over being pinned down and had the same kind of panic and fear.

Yeah, might not wanna do that.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    Followed by a crotch grab, quick thrust, and a glare that says "I'm gonna get some coffee, you can come along if you're a bad enough bitch"

You do that too?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    "...and thank you to God, for making me an Atheist."

:^: Ricky

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry Thom :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Social Network got best drama

I see no way that a movie about facebook could really be that compelling.

I have no plans to see it.

Between this and the facebook dude being made Time Magazine's man of the year, it's really starting to feel like the media is cramming facebook down my throat.

It's facebook: it's just not that fucking interesting

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    jeeps:

jeeps, do the next chat thread

or if you can't let DUE do it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.