Options

The Good (Rodgers) The Bad (Roethlisberger) and the Ugly (Al Davis) [NFL]

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Psh, you didn't link to an article. For all we knew you were pulling that info out of your ass, mine's corroborated with cold hard facts.

Peen on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    There are cases to be made for other players but the suggestion that Polamalu and Woodson earned DPOY based on INTs alone is ridiculous.

Its a good thing I said that they overvalue INTs rather than saying they won on INTs alone then.

Goose! on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    So Troy Polumalu is the AP Defensive Player of the year. That seems really wrong, but then I thought Woodson's selection last year was also wrong. INTs are way overvalued.

if you think Troy is the wrong choice for Defensive Player, something is wrong with you.

tpolamalu on twitter:
    Thanks for the congrats. @jharrison9292 @ClayMatthews52 Ed Reed Julius Peppers way more deserving!
    Individual awards only have a place in golf and bowling. Too many parts to single out one player in the world greatest TEAM sport!

NotASenator on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There are cases to be made for other players but the suggestion that Polamalu and Woodson earned DPOY based on INTs alone is ridiculous.

Its a good thing I said that they overvalue INTs rather than saying they won on INTs alone then.

And your statement was the crux of an argument against them being chosen for defensive MVP. But whatever I am sure [insert New York athlete here] was way more deserving this year, last, next, and every year ever.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hadn't seen that about Asomugha. That's pretty awesome.

LTM on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It was actually a pretty clever way out of a really dumb situation on the part of the Raiders. There was a clause that let them dump Asomugha should the CBA expire so they get to avoid paying him quarterback money (he was due $12M+ next year) without cutting him and since he's a free-agent they're set to get a compensatory draft pick if he signs with another team.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

And your statement was the crux of an argument against them being chosen for defensive MVP. But whatever I am sure [insert New York athlete here] was way more deserving this year, last, next, and every year ever.

TAWMMY BRAYDY WOULD HAVE WON DEFENSIVE MVP IF HE WAS ON THAT SIDE OF THE BALL. NO ONE DENIES THIS!
    oh god what I have wrought?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Brady pretty much was defensive MVP of their last playoff game :P

Butters on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The defensive MVP of all games is Al Harris

His tireless competitive spirit and picture perfect technique is the foundation upon which all modern athletics is based.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Brady pretty much was defensive MVP of their last playoff game :P

Ouch. But pretty true.

I'm so depressed.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jasconius wrote: »

His tireless competitive spirit and picture perfect technique is the foundation upon which all modern athletics is based.

Should Green Bay lose the entire state of Wisconsin will see itself hit with a blizzard of Brett Favre's ejaculate.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Should Green Bay lose the entire state of Wisconsin will see itself hit with a blizzard of Brett Favre's ejaculate.

And if we win, you have to give your avatar Al Harris dreadlocks until the draft.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Or his sig, hoofsig needs some dreads.

LTM on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Peen wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    "Fuck that guy I'm throwing to the other guy" should give you bonus points

That's why a guy like Nnamdi Asomugha isn't going to get the attention that he deserves; according to the Football Outsiders Almanac every corner who started at least 12 games in 2009 had more than twice as many targets as Asomugha, which is ridiculous.

It's sad that he's stuck on the Raiders, because he's going to end up with Barry Sanders and Dan Marino in the "greatest X to never win a Super Bowl" category. He's probably going to end his career as the best cornerback ever and he's never going to have any post season success or accolades because he's on a team ran by a zombie and he's not an offensive skill position player.

Um, not so much.

I'll admit it, he's my #1 wish for the Eagles.

He should come up to NE and shore up our defense. We could prolly afford it. We barely pay everybody else.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Asomugha should be a #1 wish for almost anybody's team.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Belichick only needs elderly defensive players yearning for a Super Bowl ring for his teams. He has no time for players young enough to go to teams that may take a few seasons.

Hunter on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    didn't the patriots start like ten rookies

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    I fucking hate the week before the Super Bowl. Nonsense and nonsense. Sportscenter is going to compare Polamalu and Matthews' hair...really?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Packers pretty much out-Hair everyone in the league.

We have Matthews, Hawk, Chillar, Barnett, Tramon, Walden, Sitton, Colledge, Swain and maybe a few others I'm missing. All those guys have at least shoulder length hair.

Zombo and Bishop are getting close too.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I like Colledge's new beard.

I'd like it more if he still did his webcast.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    “Lay pillows down where I tackle them so they don’t get hurt when they hit the ground, Mr. Goodell,” Harrison said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/01/james-harrison-mocks-goodell-suggests-covering-the-field-with-pillows/

Here's to a Packer's FB/RB knocking Harrison out.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2011
    Is there a current or former player with the last name of Harrison that doesn't deserve to be beaten?

A duck! on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jerome i guess

though he's not good enough to know anything about

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have no beef with James Harrison, outside of being a Steeler. Hit folks first, Jimmy, pay the fine later.

MagnumCT on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2011
    james "if the president wants to meet me he'd invite me to the white house before the super bowl" harrison

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Want to see Clay Mathews literally rape Rapelisberger.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011

And if we win, you have to give your avatar Al Harris dreadlocks until the draft.

No way in hell but I'd sport Matthews' hair and Rodgers' goat on my avatar if someone else does the work.

Butters on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Isoldae wrote: »

Then there would be people uncomfortable attending the Super Bowl ever again.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

only the steelers fans

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

TRIGGER WARNING

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Take that, Never Miss A Super Bowl Club.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    We need to get this to 100 pages so our thread can not get locked in the 2nd quarter of the super bowl

Jasconius on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I want to see Matthews rip Ben's bad foot off, look at it, decide fuck it, and run it back.

Then have Hochuli come on and be all, "There is no foul for ripping the foot off a rapist. Packers receive 20 points because fuck the Steelers."

Of course, that's only a brief summary. It's Hochuli, so he'd have about four times as much to say.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If they made it through 4 straight years of Buffalo representing the AFC they could get through that.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Is Hochuli the ref?

Jasconius on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is Hochuli the ref?

Walt Anderson if I'm not mistaken. But it won't be Walt's normal crew, which is normal for Superbowls and playoff games.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2011
    We need to get this to 100 pages so our thread can not get locked in the 2nd quarter of the super bowl

Remind me on Saturday and I can lock it for you.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It'll probably be locked before Saturday. Something will happen that blows it up.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    rothlisborger and matthews discovered tag teaming an 15 year old girl who was reportedly "DTF"

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It'll probably be locked before Saturday. Something will happen that blows it up.

in a shocking twist they play the super bowl on friday

satansfingers on
This discussion has been closed.