Options

[SUUuuuUUPER MEAT BOY!] Level editor beta released on Steam!

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, I hope the Level Editor comes out soon sothis thread gets more lively - this is seriously the best game Ive bought since Portal.

I've made some progress after hammering against a wall for a while. I unlocked Veridian AND got myself the Needle Boy achievement.

My next goals are to beat Dr Fetus (Ive been having trouble the the section that has the four saws racing along the floor - I know what I have to do, I think, I just have to get the execution down - and to unlock The Kid.

Im not sure I can do The Kid though. I can make it to the second spike drop about a quarter of the time, but I've only made it down that shaft once... and was so surprised I made it that I forgot to jump!

To relieve stress in between these goals, Im working on Salt Boy. I'm going to 100% (including achievements!) this game eventually.. even i it takes me the rest of my life.

APODionysus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I NEED HELP!
    So, I have no idea what to do. I'm finally on Dr Fetus' boss fight and I made it all the way through the level... only to realize when I got to the final room that Dr Fetus was no longer with me. He DOES spawn at first because he shoots at me, but somewhere along the way I 'lose' him.

This means I can't win. I hit the two buttons and the pit opens up.. but he's not there to fall into it so, eventually, the saws move again and kill me.

What do I do?

It appears like he's moving very slowly.. the saw moves past him right in the begining. Note: I'm already at -lowdetail

APODionysus on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wish I could help, but that's never happened to me :(

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    josh is the platforming paragon.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I NEED HELP!
    So, I have no idea what to do. I'm finally on Dr Fetus' boss fight and I made it all the way through the level... only to realize when I got to the final room that Dr Fetus was no longer with me. He DOES spawn at first because he shoots at me, but somewhere along the way I 'lose' him.

This means I can't win. I hit the two buttons and the pit opens up.. but he's not there to fall into it so, eventually, the saws move again and kill me.

What do I do?

It appears like he's moving very slowly.. the saw moves past him right in the begining. Note: I'm already at -lowdetail

I had the same problem, but I'm not exactly sure how I fixed it. Are you maximizing the window, or keeping it as is? Try leaving it as is, and bump up the resolution to whatever is tolerable.

ContentContext on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well, after much browsing of the webs, I tried restarting my computer (it'd been on for a few days.. figured that may be part of the lag) then setting the game for a small resolution AND for ultralowdetail.. and it worked (actually Fetus was STILL a bit behind where he should be, but close enough that I could still kill him).

So... then I let out a sigh of relief. It was over. I'd don-ohwhathehellyoubastard!

So then I died what felt like 100 times trying to complete the LAST run... and now I've beat The End.

Whew. Time to work on 5-20 (the only light world stage I havent beaten) and what remains of the Dark World. And get The Kid.

Oh.. and Cotton Alley. Gulp.

APODionysus on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Darmak wrote: »
    josh is the platforming parag-
    120px-Renegade_Interrupt.png

I've had enough of your disparaging avouchments

*pushes Darmak into a buzzsaw*

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The meat... it shall flow like blood.

From the Team Meat twitter today...
    Super Meat World will be out very soon, days away even.
    also we actually bought a damn server for this! we actually paid for a fucking server to use for a free update.... TAKE THAT!

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    New update dropped today.
    Updates to Super Meat Boy have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Bugs
    Difficulty decreased on harder levels
    Better Ammo
    Happy #PotatoFoolsDay

From what I've been hearing, Meat Boy for today is replaced with a potato.

Also a couple of minutes ago they posted "5 more hours" on Twitter. Are we going to see Super Meat World today? Would be sweet, gotta say. Apparently word is that they're going to have eight 20-level chapters ready to go when it launches on it.

EDIT: Apparently Super Meat World is open! There's reports that it's buggy, though. (No surprise there.) Havn't been able to confirm myself yet, since I'm short bandages on the computer version.

EDIT 2: Potato Boy screenshot.
    EDIT 3: Yeah, it's open. The Super Meat World menu.
    One of the new chapters is "Jumper Returns", staring Ogmo.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That is a lot lot lot more levels.

Looks like I'm not sleeping tonight.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I went through Remnants, which I liked quite a bit. I'll hold off going through them for real until they turn on saving and rating though. I want to A+ this stuff after all.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Are you guys getting A+ for the challenge or for the completion? I quit caring on the longer ones since I knew I could and how to I just didn't want to run through it all again.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My fiancee refuses to move on until she gets an A+ in each area, including the dark world. She still has not beaten the game.

I beat the game on XBLA not long after it came out and didn't really care about getting A+ at the time. I'll come back to it on the Steam version eventually.

SteevL on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    A+ honestly isn't that much of an extra challenge in later levels. You pretty much have to barrel through them at full speed anyway.

Zek on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, wait. Super Meat World is actually open, this isn't an April Fools thing?

Because when I try to go there, I see the intro video, a "Forever Alone" crying potato man, and then a list of some level packs or something? But using the arrow keys and run/jump buttons don't do anything. Then I hit escape and see what looks like the normal level selection path for half a second, and then I'm back at the world selection screen.

No, it's an April Fools thing. :-(

Edit: Oooh. Ok. So, this is like the only menu in the game that requires you to use the (invisible) mouse. Also, there's no caching whatsoever, so you have to wait a minute or two for the level pack to be downloaded each time you play it. And it doesn't record anything. And it's all crazy hard.

Yeeaaahh... I think I'll wait for the next update to tackle this one.

Frem on
  • Options
    Jelly JigglerJelly Jiggler Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Frem wrote: »
    So, wait. Super Meat World is actually open, this isn't an April Fools thing?

Because when I try to go there, I see the intro video, a "Forever Alone" crying potato man, and then a list of some level packs or something? But using the arrow keys and run/jump buttons don't do anything. Then I hit escape and see what looks like the normal level selection path for half a second, and then I'm back at the world selection screen.

No, it's an April Fools thing. :-(

you supposed to use the mouse unlike the rest of the game for some reason.

Jelly Jiggler on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I meant A+ the downloadable levels. As in, I'm waiting until the game can save my times on them. :P

aunsoph on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    How do I access these new levels? Do I have to complete the normal game first?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    How do I access these new levels? Do I have to complete the normal game first?

I think you need to collect 20 bandages.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So, word is that when the editor is considered "stable", there's going to be a new game-mode enabled called "The Unknown," which pulls random levels from SMW and creates your very own random hell-gauntlet.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I dove back into Super Meat Boy tonight and unlocked The Kid. It took me just as long as it did for me in the XBLA version last year, which was roughly 2 hours.

SteevL on
  • Options
    TikhonTikhon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is there any truth to Super Meat Boy for 3DS? I'm on the fence about buying this on Steam, but if it were definitely coming to the 3DS at some point, I'd just put that as another reason to buy a 3DS and wait for then.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Tikhon wrote: »
    Is there any truth to Super Meat Boy for 3DS? I'm on the fence about buying this on Steam, but if it were definitely coming to the 3DS at some point, I'd just put that as another reason to buy a 3DS and wait for then.

It's a big rumor right now. All that is officially known is that Team Meat have become 3DS developers. They may do something totally different than SMB, but it makes very good business sense for them to put this out on 3DS.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What's the deal with this Super Meat World? Is it an addition to the existing SMB game, just more levels and whatnot? Also, is it for PC only, or will it be on XBLA?

never-ending-reign on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What's the deal with this Super Meat World? Is it an addition to the existing SMB game, just more levels and whatnot? Also, is it for PC only, or will it be on XBLA?

It's basically a shitload more levels for the PC, kind of like Teh Internets, but it will also have the level portal for user-created maps and The Unknown, which randomly generates a set of user-made levels for you to play through, theoretically creating infinite SMB replayability.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ohtsam on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay, two things.

I opened SMB for the first time in weeks and when I selected Meat Boy, my character in the game was some weird brownish blob of meat, more circular than square. He controls exactly like Meat Boy, but what's up with that?

Also, the level that made me stop playing for a while, 5-19x, has finally been conquered. I finally basically forced myself to slow down a bit after the first half just to get it done and it still took almost an hour. I finally beat it and checked my time.... 126 in the world. Hahahaha. Again, that's me slowing down. (Although the run was pretty good.) I think that should say something about just how neurotic I am about being as fast as I can possibly be.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yay, and now I'm stuck on the last stage of the Meat is Death warp zone.

I really hate fans.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got my ultra edition. I am a little annoyed that the "poster" is actually just the inside of the case sleeve.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Is there a glitch world level in Rapture?

I just suicided a bunch of times on a level where I could see Bandage Girl at the start and she didn't glitch out once.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally beat that third stage and saw the 100%.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited April 2011
    facetious wrote: »
    Okay, two things.

I opened SMB for the first time in weeks and when I selected Meat Boy, my character in the game was some weird brownish blob of meat, more circular than square. He controls exactly like Meat Boy, but what's up with that?

Right now Super Meat Boy is Super Potato Boy. It's part of a thing Valve are doing where a bunch of games have had potatoes and secrets added to them.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ah, I see.

One of my friend mentioned potatoes in Aaaaaaaaaaah! and I had no idea what he meant.

I'm a bad Valve fanboy apparently..

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Peewi wrote: »
    Okay, two things.

Right now Super Meat Boy is Super Potato Boy. It's part of a thing Valve are doing where a bunch of games have had potatoes and secrets added to them.

Ah. I wondered what was happening. I was thinking that there was a surprise or something.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Okay, two things.

Ah. I wondered what was happening. I was thinking that there was a surprise or something.

There probably is, but it won't be a SMB thing.

Peewi on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just found out that Radeon 68xx and 69xx cards cause screen flickering and there's no known workaround for them. I guess I'll just have to put up with it until Team Meat patches it out. :(

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wow, bought this game without knowing what to expect (other than the general praise). Ouch. Been a while since a game has frustrated me like this. A LONG while.

But there's the sweet, sweet satisfaction for a fraction of a second.. until the next level loads.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    G0DG0D Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    'Kay so, I downloaded the XBLA demo for SMB and loved the hell out of it, but would prefer the PC version. Gives a bit more money to the creators if I'm not mistaken, plus all the cool shit in the Ultra Edition I'd get with the retail game. I'm waiting to see it in Wally-World, but I need to know if the toaster I use can run this bad boy.

I have an Asus netbook with 2G of ram, an Intel Atom N280 at 1.66 gigahertz processor and what I can only assume is built-in audio and video. I've got several adapters for PSX/PS2 controllers, so that may well be a plus, but only if I can run the game itself. And to boot, since this bad boy is a netbook, it obviously has no disc drive, so if anyone could fill me in on if I could do me some SMB on this thing without actually using a disc, 'twould be most helpful.

By the by, I mentioned trying to get this at Walmart, is there anyone who's found it yet? My local store was supposed to be putting it out tonight, but the crew said they had none in stock to put out, which may be bullshit, but I wasn't waiting on four chatty overweight women to stock the shelves to find out... mebbe tomorrow.

G0D on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    G0D wrote: »
    'Kay so, I downloaded the XBLA demo for SMB and loved the hell out of it, but would prefer the PC version. Gives a bit more money to the creators if I'm not mistaken, plus all the cool shit in the Ultra Edition I'd get with the retail game. I'm waiting to see it in Wally-World, but I need to know if the toaster I use can run this bad boy.

I have an Asus netbook with 2G of ram, an Intel Atom N280 at 1.66 gigahertz processor and what I can only assume is built-in audio and video. I've got several adapters for PSX/PS2 controllers, so that may well be a plus, but only if I can run the game itself. And to boot, since this bad boy is a netbook, it obviously has no disc drive, so if anyone could fill me in on if I could do me some SMB on this thing without actually using a disc, 'twould be most helpful.

By the by, I mentioned trying to get this at Walmart, is there anyone who's found it yet? My local store was supposed to be putting it out tonight, but the crew said they had none in stock to put out, which may be bullshit, but I wasn't waiting on four chatty overweight women to stock the shelves to find out... mebbe tomorrow.

Just download it on Steam. www.steampowered.com - Get the steam client, buy it on steam, you'll have it forever.

As for it running on your netbook? No idea, but I think there may be a guide out there to get it on the lowest possible settings so that it could run on netbooks?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »
    G0D wrote: »

Just download it on Steam. www.steampowered.com - Get the steam client, buy it on steam, you'll have it forever.

As for it running on your netbook? No idea, but I think there may be a guide out there to get it on the lowest possible settings so that it could run on netbooks?

Right click on game entry in steam.
    Properties
    Launch options
    -640x480 -refresh 60 -ultralowdetail

Frem on