As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

JUSTIFIED - SEASON 2 PREMIERE TONIGHT

124»

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2011
    I don't think Boyd even knows what he's going to do at this point. I imagine that's why he's back in the mines, so he could return to his roots, regain his bearings, and decide where to go from here.

Also apparently ratings for this are up 40% from last season, so that's awesome.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Are the moonshine/weed growing family going to be a big part of this season or were they just a first episode thing?

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think they're the season 2 main villains.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, the creator has been saying in interviews that he's trying to make this season more serialized, less stand alone episodes, which can only be a good thing. So that family is the big bad for the season. Excellent first episode, as well. The whole gas station scene was brilliant. Thinking the girl comes back and testifies to avenge her dad, maybe? Unless when the mom told her son to get the girl, she meant kill her D:

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nah, she seemed like a Bad Momma character and probably plans to raise the girl as her own. It was pretty evident from their talk earlier that she didn't think much about the dad.

I am all for more serialized seasons, but I wonder what will draw the Marshals into investigating them...

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    She dosen't seem like the type to kill children.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just caught up on this.

Really liked the this episode, also Jeremy Davies yes!

101 on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah so I marathoned the first season of this and then got caught up (haven't seen the most recent episode)

and I am really liking this show a lot.

I love Timothy Olyphant so much now, after seeing him in Deadwood and now this.

And I'm really starting to like Boyd. I'm interested in seeing where he goes.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Boyd is probably the most fascinating character on TV right now who isn't named Walter White.

The scenes with him and the scene with Mags were pretty much the only redeeming parts of last night's weak, weak episode. Probably my least favorite of the whole show's run.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Novo and I have been working on a Justified spec for a couple of weeks. It rules pretty hard, not gonna lie.

We've been listening to this song a few dozen times per writing session:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k5dMrXh4jw

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Shit I watched the first episode of this ages ago

it fucking rules

Gonna get all of that first season for definite

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The pilot's spectacular, and then there are a couple of episodes where the show tries to find its voice.

And then there's the Alan Ruck episode, and shit goes on an insane hot streak.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm cool with the first few episodes of a show being inconsistant. It takes time to get into a rhythm and a feel, so if it heads downhill I'll definitely stick with it for long enough to allow the show to pick itself up.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    With Breaking Bad and Mad Men being on hiatus, and Terries and Friday Night Lights having recently ended, Justified is my favorite drama on air right now.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am an asshole and had been letting this season accumulate on my DVR, I am now fully caught up again and holy shit I love this show and this season has been fantastic so far.

I love the Bennett family

I love that they are fleshing out Rachel and Tim more this season

I love that Emmit Arnett came back and that apparently Wynne Duffy will be coming back as well.

I love Dewey Crow (particularly Dewey Crow's Raylan impression)

and I love love love what they are doing with Boyd

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Where to begin with the awesomeness in this latest episode? How about the fact that Ava dropping an ice cube made for a scene more tense than anything in last week's on-rails episode? Or how about the final moment of the episode, where Raylan has a lifetime of things to say to Loretta, but recognizes enough of himself in her to know that he should just walk away? Fuck, that was a beautifully acted moment. Volumes in a glance.

But no, I think I want to talk about Boyd's line, about the immutable nature of his criminal proclivity. "Everyone seems to know that but me." Holy shit, what a tragic, perfect line. From Boyd's incarceration on, he has honestly tried to be a better person, at every single turn. And yet because of his family, and his past, he can never fully escape the world's expectations of him. Not so long as he's in Harlan, anyway.

"Small towns are resistant to change" is hardly new fodder for fiction, but man, Justified has an amazing exploration of that phenomenon in Boyd. His struggle to be his own man in a place that seems to be aggressively trying to regress him is absolutely riveting. Boyd is, hands down, the most fascinating character on TV who isn't named Walter White.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, not a single post for the new episode?

What happened?

Raynaga on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i'm still diggin the show, so damn good. love how everything is slowly coming together, and raylan getting his ass kicked means there's gonna be a reckoning soon. holy poop is the next episode gonna be amazing at mag's whoop-dee-doo

lostwords on
  • Options
    WileyWiley In the dirt.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure there has been a TV protagonist that scares me as much as mags bennett.

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is still a good show I've been enjoying.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    how goddamn amazing was last night's episode? so dang amazing holy poop. everything coming together like that, boyd and mags working together, boyd dancing, raylan getting his, loretta acting her butt off, dang coover geting a sympathetic light, yet still acting bananas, and mags being terrifying, goooooood.

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Boyd's crazy happy dance was amazing but I am not sure I follow exactly what his game is

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Last night's was goddamn stellar.

The choice of scenes for the "previously, on Justified" montage had me all paranoid about poisoning, so I spent the whole episode on pins and needles whenever anyone lifted a glass to their lips. When the actual threat turned out to be right in front of my eyes the whole time.

The way this season has built conflict has been absolutely stunning. No one person instigating anything, no deus ex happenstance pushing things along artificially - just a series of small mistakes and errors of judgment, from a whole bunch of people, slowly stacking and compounding until they inevitably tumble over, mingle with bad blood from the past, and cross a point of no return. The last four episodes are gonna be nuts.

Season three's got a tough act to follow.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Also, Margo Martindale is so far ahead in this year's Emmy race that it's kind of ridiculous. The competition is so one-sided, even Bryan Cranston's like "Damn, girl, go easy on em"

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Last night's was goddamn stellar.

The choice of scenes for the "previously, on Justified" montage had me all paranoid about poisoning, so I spent the whole episode on pins and needles whenever anyone lifted a glass to their lips. When the actual threat turned out to be right in front of my eyes the whole time.

The way this season has built conflict has been absolutely stunning. No one person instigating anything, no deus ex happenstance pushing things along artificially - just a series of small mistakes and errors of judgment, from a whole bunch of people, slowly stacking and compounding until they inevitably tumble over, mingle with bad blood from the past, and cross a point of no return. The last four episodes are gonna be nuts.

Season three's got a tough act to follow.

No kidding. There was enough intensity in that episode for a season finale on most shows - and there are still four episodes left this season? I don't even know how they can sustain this level to wrap things up in THIS season, much less season three.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Boyd's crazy happy dance was amazing but I am not sure I follow exactly what his game is

I'm pretty sure he has a stake in Mag's deal. He got Raylen's dad's land right? And that was an integral part of the land that was needed for the road, so I just assumed he was getting a cut from Mag's or is just selling to her outright.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    risumon wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he has a stake in Mag's deal. He got Raylen's dad's land right? And that was an integral part of the land that was needed for the road, so I just assumed he was getting a cut from Mag's or is just selling to her outright.

What I don't understand is what Black Top(?) was planning on doing. So they want the coal, and apparently need some land for a road, so why didn't they tell her about it? They would have to deal with it eventually, right?

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Stop.
    Hammer time.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MichaelLC wrote: »

What I don't understand is what Black Top(?) was planning on doing. So they want the coal, and apparently need some land for a road, so why didn't they tell her about it? They would have to deal with it eventually, right?

She thought Black Pike was buying up land around the mountain for conservation

Instead, they need the land to build a big ol' road

tofu on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    tofu wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »

She thought Black Pike was buying up land around the mountain for conservation

Instead, they need the land to build a big ol' road

Ah, thanks. I thought she was just negotiating the top, and was completely unaware of anything else.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh my god this show

this show

I think I liked this week even more than last week.

also man Natalie Zea is super pretty

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    So, I've been speed watching through this whole thing in time for Tuesday's Season 3 Premiere.

Pretty fucking awesome, so far. I'm just past the halfway point of Season 2 right now, hoping to finish it today.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    i watched season 1 and 2 with my dad over the last two weeks

my anticipation has grown mightily. justified starting soon, and then archer...

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Goddamn what an awesome season premiere. That move raylan pulled at the end was delightful. And I look forward to
    Boyd's prison adventures

Loving Ava this episode

Bad guy is sufficiently scary and intimidating, though will probably be not as amazing as mags, but who cares raylan and Boyd are back kicking ass

lostwords on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    that episode was sufficiently bad ass

it is good to have it back

and archer on thursday!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock