As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DC Universe Online] Now Free-to-Play! Lightning Strikes DLC now available, zappy zappy.

• Options
    batteryChickenbatteryChicken Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote:
    It's nice that they lowered the DLC price, even if only marginally.

Anyone gotten high enough with the electric powers to give us a consensus on how they stack up?
    :( we still get charged that extra $5 here in Australia... and even though I've purchased it from the in game marketplace I haven't been able to redeem it at all... and it's not in the AU PS store. Same problem with my buddy. Save me, Superman.

I'm so bored it's almost... interesting.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone else need a league invite while I am logged in this evening?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Unrelated note, please someone tell me that they have discovered how to disable the character fade that happens if your camera gets too close to your character? That is really jarring and ugly.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Hey Bri, throw me a League Name/side/member list in a PM and I'll be sure to put it into the OP.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    I'm in with the Arcadians. I am not league leadership. I can just invite new people.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    so, I bought Lightning Strikes, and the electricity powers are pretty fun

but uh

how do I get to Central City?

• Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    I keep looking for you and missing Bri. Will keep trying.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote:

but uh

There's a teleporter in the Hanger on the Watchtower (not sure where it is in the HOD), but you have to have a combat rating of at least 53 in order to use it, which is kind of lame since nothing there is that hard, aside from the bounties, of course.

• Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Joolander wrote:

but uh

CC is a sort of instance/city. You need to have a CR of 53 to enter the city (43 to do the new Duo, I think.)

Once you meet the CR requirement, there's a teleporter in the Watchtower, in the Hangar near the Flash. (No clue about the Hall of Doom, sorry.)

Edit: and ninja'd!

Arryn on
  • Options
    Arryn wrote:
    I keep looking for you and missing Bri. Will keep trying.

I will get home at about 4:30 eastern time this afternoon.

• Options
    Home and in-game.

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    man

i am now at a combat rating high enough to get to the T2 alerts and raids

i have found out that i am still more or less undergeared

which sucks

because now i would just have to keep grinding my ass off to complete my T1 set to keep going

and having played all the alerts and duos... more than a few times

i am freaking bored of them

seriously someday soon a multiplayer online game needs to come along and make "endgame" do something other than suck ass

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I'm in with the Arcadians. I am not league leadership. I can just invite new people.

That would be me. Dota 2 and various other games have drawn my attention like a bundle of shiny things, but here in a few days I'll log on and trim anyone with the old Server id still attached to their name, then send Arthil the list.

So if you have a hero that was in the league back during release, log in and change the name if you plan to keep him.

• Options
    Home and in-game.

it was crazy, I JUST missed you by like a second or two. Logged in, saw you were on, went to send a /t, and just as I finished it, you logged out.

It's like some twisted Mr. Snuffleupagus thing, I swear.

If anyone's on that can invite, I should be on a good bit tomorrow. Toon's names are: Dr Talisman (no dot after Dr), Grey Gyrfalcon, and Hellspeed. I'd love to get them all in the league. My wife's toons too.

• Options
    I find myself awake, so I am logging back in.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Are there multiple instances of Gotham and Metropolis or something? How is it that I have not encountered any Arcadians so far?

Look for me online tonight. I go by Lustriel

• Options
    Two of them, PvE and PvP. Both easily traveled to via a teleporter in The Hall of Doom or The Watchtower.

• Options
    The two phases also have instancing as required.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Anyone around right now who could give me an invite?

• Options
    I can log in.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    OK! My lantern is named Max Strongarm

• Options
    so this is odd

here's what happens when I equip the Angelic style for the chest

angelicwtf.jpg

how do I fix it?

• Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    I hear chiropractors are good for that.

• Options
    That's a known bug. The Divine set chest has a similar issue, except half of it shows, the other doesn't. It's supposed to be fixed in an update sometime.

• Options
    Does the same for the rest of the Angelic pieces, too.

• Options
    Some guy in a duel hit me with his staff for over 1000. How the hell? I must know how to do that kind of damage.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there any kind of league going for the PS3 servers? I know a few of us are on there rather than the PC, but I haven't seen much mention of a PS3 league lately.

Also, it looks like update 7 will be soon, with Agent Orange themed Christmas seasonal content:

GU7_2.jpg

More details: http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/news/archive.vm?id=79&month=current

Cururu on
  • Options
    are we allowed more than one hero each in a league?

if so, I'd like to join as Vera Dion and Major Dynamo

also Switch Shot would Like to join the villian society if there is one

• Options
    I can log in if you need me to.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just meant like next time you're on

not super urgent

Joolander on
  • Options
    Horseshoe wrote:
    man

i am now at a combat rating high enough to get to the T2 alerts and raids

i have found out that i am still more or less undergeared

which sucks

because now i would just have to keep grinding my ass off to complete my T1 set to keep going

and having played all the alerts and duos... more than a few times

i am freaking bored of them

seriously someday soon a multiplayer online game needs to come along and make "endgame" do something other than suck ass
    Yeah, it's gotten old a lot faster than I thought it would, and I haven't had as much time to play these last couple weeks so when I do get on for a couple hours I'm just doing the same daily challenges and duos etc, yawning and trying not to fall asleep as Faust goes on and on and on...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Update 7 notes are up (Spoilered for long):
    New PvP Arena! Watch your back! Take on other players in the new 5v5 death-match arena located high above Earth in the Justice League of America Watchtower! Look for “Watchtower (5 vs 5)” under Arenas: PvP in your On Duty menu.

New Seasonal Content & Daily Mission! –Larfleeze wants the holidays all to himself. He stole everyone’s holiday gifts and is attempting to send them off-world for his own selfish use. Find and recover the stolen gifts in Metropolis and Gotham City before it’s too late! Look for “Yuletide Fear” (Villains) or “Winter Plunderland” (Heroes) in your Mission Journal.

New Seasonal Collections –See who made the Naughty and Nice list this holiday season!
    New Seasonal Items and Appearances –Collect Holly Leaves by completing the “Season’s Greedings” Daily Mission.
    New Seasonal Feats – Winter is Coming so be sure to stock up on seasonal feats!
    Oolong Island! The defenses of Oolong Island have been redeployed in an effort to keep out those that threaten Chang Tzu's plans.

Pterosaurs will now move to ground level when attacking, rather than nuking from orbit.
    Oolong Island is now shorter than previous versions.
    Many count requirements have been reduced.
    Crazed Robots no longer re-spawn in most areas.
    Players no longer need to collect parts for T.O. Morrow before gaining access to his Laboratory.
    The 'Protect the Scientists’ section is now a wave event that is more manageable.
    Various fixes were made throughout Oolong Island.

Vendor Item Sorting!
    Vendors should now display a logical sorted order to their sale lists.

Alerts:
    Oolong Island:
    Oolong Enforcer should now always summon its minions even if the fight resets.

Oan Sciencells:
    Prison Break: This Mission should now complete properly.

Audio:
    New music has been added for the Tap Room Safehouse.
    A new unique Winter Holiday seasonal piece of music has been added to Gotham City and Metropolis when players zone into each (available during the Winter Holiday only).

Feats:
    The "Coast City Duo" feat has been renamed "Ferris Aircraft".
    “Deprogrammed” should now complete as intended.

General:
    Players should now be able to consume collection items that have been removed from their bank or shared bank slots.
    Combat rating should no longer incorrectly display as zero after leaving Legends PvP or leveling up.
    Multiple stacks of the same item sent through the mail should now give the recipient the correct amount when claimed.
    Fixed pathing issues of Robot and Green Lantern in the Monitor Womb of the JLA Watchtower.
    Certain collection nodes in Gotham City that were re-spawning too fast have been fixed to have spawn times in-line with other collection nodes.
    The Lantern Corps Deputization Decree can now be deleted.
    Phase-with should now work properly for group mates in Central City.
    The Quick Menu option “Phase With” will now put you in the same Central City instance/area as your Group or Friend.

Marketplace:
    Steam: You can no longer attempt to purchase Station Cash through the Steam wallet if you have Steam Community disabled in-game. You will be directed to turn this option back on in order to make Station Cash purchases.
    Players can now directly access the Marketplace through an Account Access Level dialog box in the User Interface.
    The Marketplace should now show the correct amount of Station Cash needed to gain Premium Access.
    PS3 Only: Users should now get a more accurate purchase completion message after purchasing items from the marketplace.
    A Festive Winter Hat and Reindeer Antlers have been added to the marketplace.
    Long hair will no longer show through the Sequined Urban Cap on male characters.

Missions:
    Through the Portal: Donna Troy now properly resets to her starting locations after KO’ing players.
    Fear Itself: Scarecrow will no longer appear to have "deer in the headlights" syndrome after throwing grenades at his enemies.

Movement Mode:

Acrobat:
    Fixed an issue that prevented fast movement mode from increasing speed even though the effects were displaying.

Powers:
    Increased the bonus to Dominance while in the Controller role to 100%.

Gadgets:
    Neural Neutralizer is now properly listed as being useable while controlled as well as states it has a damage prevention barrier.

Raids:

Sunstone Matrix:
    Kryptonian Infantry's Whirlwind attack radius now matches its effects radius.

Skills:
    The Stealth trait purchasable in the Martial Arts and Bow weapon trees has been renamed Cunning; This trait now boost Critical Power Chance by 1% in addition to increasing Stealth Rating by +1 Level.

UI:
    Any stats on the character sheet that are zero should no longer be displayed.
    PS3 Only: Fixed a crash that could occur after pressing X when scrolling using the analog stick.
    Character Select: Fixed an issue where character count would increment on queue status updates.
    Corrected the description of the "Critical Healing Magnitude" Trait. It now properly reads as "Boost Critical Healing Magnitude..."
    Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause targetable NPC’s names and icons to display in yellow instead of their intended color.
    Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause your User Interface to show you were in a combat state when you were not.

Visual:
    Fixed various environmental visual bugs in Metropolis and Gotham City.
    Fixed an issue with graphical distortion on Joker presents.
    The handholds for potted plants in the Gotham University duo have been corrected.
    Fixed an issue with graphical distortion in Area 51.
    Fixed an issue that could cause the fire or ice brawling ranged beam effects to play twice when used with an ability that has a longer animation.
    Shades of Gray: Fixed a number of geometry issues within the Oblivion Bar.
    Fixed various visual issues associated with clipping through gear.
    Fixed numerous issues with animal skin clipping through head gear.
    Out of the Shadows: Various particle effect adjustments and targetable objects fixed.

Weapons:
    New 97DPS Epic Weapons for every role have been added to Oolong Island Hard Mode, HIVE Hard Mode, League of Assassins Stronghold and Batcave: Outer Caverns Alerts.

Martial Arts:
    Increased the combo reset timer for Martial Arts to bring it in line with other melee weapons.

Cururu on
  • Options
    ok

so this holiday content is super ridiculous

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I kinda wish I could have hair that's a bit longer than "long" - like Fire's hair.

And also I have heard rumors of bunny ears in the game but have not been able to confirm those rumors in any way.

Do we have any competent staff-users here? How about fire peoples?

I kind of understand the PVP rock-paper-scissors melee game, but I don't really understand how my power choices effect that or even know for sure whether or not I've chosen the right powers (or skills) in the first place.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    I kinda wish I could have hair that's a bit longer than "long" - like Fire's hair.

And also I have heard rumors of bunny ears in the game but have not been able to confirm those rumors in any way.

Do we have any competent staff-users here? How about fire peoples?

I kind of understand the PVP rock-paper-scissors melee game, but I don't really understand how my power choices effect that or even know for sure whether or not I've chosen the right powers (or skills) in the first place.

The staff is a great weapon to use, especially in PvE. It is the king of stuns, depending on how you use it. You can link staff moves together into a combo to add greater effect, as well. For maximum stunage, just keep holding the melee button repeatedly. If done in quick succession you will start with the lunge and then continue on into a couple different spinning staff combos. Alternatively, you can switch to tapping the melee button after the first three hold presses for a more juggling combo. For quick damage, I think the combo was tap, tap, tap, hold for a strong overhead slam.

However, the staff is trickier to use in PvP since it can be easy to read what the user is doing, making it easier to interrupt or block. The staff can still be used in PvP, to great effect, but you have to vary your combos and try to not be predictable, more so than with other weapons.

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Triple Station Cash tomorrow. Means you can effectively get both DLC packs for $10 with some SC left over.

Now if only this game let you pay for a subscription with their moonbucks.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So with the triple cash, I went ahead and got the new DLC. Lightning is interesting so far, but it feels like they took one tree from Mental and the other from ... Sorc, maybe? Not as familar with Nature to know if they're healing tree is more similar to that.

Makes me wonder if the future powersets will start being mash-ups as well.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've rolled an electricity power guy but only have him at lvl 11 so far, and I'm really just messing around with it after doing dailies on my main.

I've actually been using him to play around with the iconic powers, such as heat vision and freeze breath. So far... they seem like pretty crappy powers. Electricity seemed pretty fun though (I've respecced to try the iconics) and it felt kind of similiar to how I solo'd with my Nature healer main for those first few levels.

About the non-innate Iconic powers, anybody else know if they're any good for serious DPS or whatever?

batteryChicken on
  • Options
    I hear Amazonium Deflection is really good

also the various passive ones are useful. also I have Word of Power on my electricity guy, and thats alot of fun if slow to fire

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    also the one that lets you pick up a bus

because picking up buses

dmsigsmallek3.jpg