As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COD: Black Ops: ______ is literally the ______ Call of Duty ever

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yeah I pretty much don't even bother trying to unlock pro perks anymore. Like, if it happens just from my regular use then it happens, otherwise, I'll wait until I'm done prestiging to try unlocking them.

edit: and I'll stop as soon as I unlock the last class slot.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lightweight, SA, and Scout are the only pros I have this prestige.

Last prestige was Lightweight, SA, and Marathon.

Mara pro is super good but also super sucky to unlock.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I generally only pro Sleight of Hand, because I love Marathon but hate CTF.

BTW Acid, unless some of those are headshots you need one more bullet in each of your scenarios ;-)

Ganluan on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    alright well my point still stands, kill mans in a measure of microseconds while all the chumps not using the 74u are still in the order of milliseconds.
    HYPERBOLE THURSDAYS!

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fuck Ghost.

Turns a soft-core TDM game into hardcore. I can't believe I almost ran out of time in a soft-core match, unfreakingbelievable.

I only pro Scav and SoH because it's easy to get and useful for my playstyle.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ooh, I like it. Can we make that a recurring theme?

EDIT: @Acid

EDIT: I also only pro the ones that come on their own. I've been giving a lot of thought to staying at level 50 at Prestige 8 for a while because A) the emblem is decent, and B) I have all the guns I like, and C) I accidentally pro'd a few more perks this time around than I did my last few prestiges.

EDIT: But goddamnit Double XP weekend.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I almost always get Lightweight Pro pretty quickly. I think I usually end up with LWPro, SoHPro and maybe SAPro. I don't usually get Pro on any third perks I don't think. Marathon's too much of a pain, and I just don't pay enough attention to switching out my tacticool grenades to finish off tac mask pro.

[ed] This is the first prestige where I'm going "I miss the Commando." WTF is wrong with me? I normally can't stand the damn thing.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm not going to bother with Marathon Pro until I hit 10th and get my spider emblem. Until I get bored and decide I want a golden commando/mp5k.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    gastr0cnemesisgastr0cnemesis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Every prestige, my crutch is the Famas. I don't even know if it's actually better than any other AR's, but it just feels so right. Until 44, when I get to enjoy the commando for 6 short levels before the next prestige.

Also have there been things you guys have stopped even trying for, knowing that you still have some prestiges left? I don't bother to pro any perks other than lightweight (it practically pro's itself), flak, hardened, soh and hacker anymore. 15th is so close and yet so far

I've been leaning on the FAMAS for my past two prestiges. I don't care what other people think, I love that gun. I go bareback (unsilenced), because it just feels better that way.

gastr0cnemesis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Every prestige, my crutch is the Famas. I don't even know if it's actually better than any other AR's, but it just feels so right. Until 44, when I get to enjoy the commando for 6 short levels before the next prestige.

Also have there been things you guys have stopped even trying for, knowing that you still have some prestiges left? I don't bother to pro any perks other than lightweight (it practically pro's itself), flak, hardened, soh and hacker anymore. 15th is so close and yet so far

I've been leaning on the FAMAS for my past two prestiges. I don't care what other people think, I love that gun. I go bareback (unsilenced), because it just feels better that way.

I'm starting to edge away from the 937 RPM guns toward the 750 ARs. They just feel a bit easier to control, to me. Like, I can controllably switch from corpse to new target without letting go of the trigger without having to fight recoil the whole way there.

Speaking of which, I'm going to post this video again, because damnit I love watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T283z80pnXc

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I usually pro Hardline, Scav, LW, SoH and SA. I always do hardline first since it's an easy 6k exp and can be done in like 2-3 games.

third perks are too annoying to get every prestige. I think i've done SC, Hacker, and Marathon each once, but probably wont get them again until im done prestiging.

dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    dinoarus wrote: »
    I usually pro Hardline, Scav, LW, SoH and SA. I always do hardline first since it's an easy 6k exp and can be done in like 2-3 games.

third perks are too annoying to get every prestige. I think i've done SC, Hacker, and Marathon each once, but probably wont get them again until im done prestiging.

Man, trying to get pubbies to touch my package is an exercise in frustration. I've resorted to shooting at the pubby, then shooting the package, over and over, until he gets it. Maybe I'll try jumping up and down on the package whilst shooting both guns in the air yelling "rraaaaaagggghhhhhh".

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, trying to get pubbies to touch my package is an exercise in frustration. I've resorted to shooting at the pubby, then shooting the package, over and over, until he gets it. Maybe I'll try jumping up and down on the package whilst shooting both guns in the air yelling "rraaaaaagggghhhhhh".

I'm going to assume you're referring to your penis, because it's funnier that way.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also, I just realized the Stakeout is the same shotgun that Hicks uses in Aliens.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »

I'm going to assume you're referring to your penis, because it's funnier that way.

That's the running joke. If I had a dollar for every time BibblyTits asked me to touch his package (during fucking headquarters of all things), I wouldn't need a job.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All of the Tier 2 perks are pretty easy to get. I get all of them just for the exp. And LW, Scav, and Hardline are all pretty damn easy, too. I can't really be ass'd to try for any of the other ones. Mara Pro is the tits, but fuck CTF in it's stupid face.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fuck me I love the MPL

Arrath on
  • Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

ha this was how i read it at first too.
    and i have no problem getting my package picked up when i'm playing with you guys*. even when 8/10 packages were ammo.

*except when you guys are on the other team and inevitably steal them.

dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I was just reminded of the noobtoobgun from last night.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    dinoarus wrote: »

I thought it was pretty easy. My strategy was to wait in our spawn until someone else showed up. Pretty much throw the marker down right in front of them and then run away as fast as I could. Even pubbies get the hint.

I also got kind of lucky. I was on Firing Range. Some guy on my team was all the way in the back corner of that deep part of the map near the bathrooms. He was just camping prone (I guess sniping). I threw 3 SAMs and 2 CPs right in front of him and then just ran over to the plywood building to cover him.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Arrath wrote: »
    Fuck me I love the MPL
    Rapid fire.
    Grip.
    Mass-murdering.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I was just reminded of the noobtoobgun from last night.
    HE'S GONNA GET US! WE WUZ CAMPIN'!

I had to have gotten a new personal-best for the number of knife kills I had in that round. I ran my ass off stabbing and shooting anyone that got remotely close.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm going for 15th prestige. I'm at level 49 on my seventh (suit of armour prestige) prestige and have got 5 days and 5 hours played. Checking around from players of roughly similiar level that's pretty decent time and the double exp weekend should hopefully get two prestiges out of the way. 'Where are we going?'

'To the toppermost of the poppermost, Minty!'

edit:

Also is that the Howloon game where me and Mercy ripped apart the enemy team? That was pretty crazy fun.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Played a game on Stadium just now where I used an M203 and a China Lake with Scavenger Pro.

Blackbird with 6 tubes and no bullets. 8-)

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I dunno what it is but since the update I have been screwed by lag left and right.

The worst about COD is that the kill cam lets you know how much lag put it in your butt.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Played a game on Stadium just now where I used an M203 and a China Lake with Scavenger Pro.

Blackbird with 6 tubes and no bullets. 8-)

toobing is for teh noob.

It only forces people to go to flak jacket and then blast you in the face anyway.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Domhnall wrote: »
    I'm going for 15th prestige. I'm at level 49 on my seventh (suit of armour prestige) prestige and have got 5 days and 5 hours played. Checking around from players of roughly similiar level that's pretty decent time and the double exp weekend should hopefully get two prestiges out of the way. 'Where are we going?'

'To the toppermost of the poppermost, Minty!'

edit:

Also is that the Howloon game where me and Mercy ripped apart the enemy team? That was pretty crazy fun.

It is, yeah. We each had 43 kills and 12 deaths, or something. Good times.

Also Noobtubes are amazing for domination.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Arrath on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I played summit earlier today and one guy would only use his tube. He had slight of hand and would just tube, reload, tube and carry on. He ended up going 9-18 but it's incredibly frustrating to die to those things. MW2 flashbacks.

edit:

It's fun to watch the ammo counter as Mercy fires and listen to the hit markers. He only misses about four shots.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I need my ak47 back. Alas, she is a few levels away yet.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

That's the running joke. If I had a dollar for every time BibblyTits asked me to touch his package (during fucking headquarters of all things), I wouldn't need a job.

Twice, only twice and you were drunk....jesus will you just let it go already?

But seriously, I've only offered to reroll them. I'm pretty defensive of my packages unless its a CG or a Hind then I'll hand it off to someone (in most cases) to someone who has a better connection then me. Your thinking of someone else who was trying to get hardline pro.

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Domhnall wrote: »
    I played summit earlier today and one guy would only use his tube. He had slight of hand and would just tube, reload, tube and carry on. He ended up going 9-18 but it's incredibly frustrating to die to those things. MW2 flashbacks.

edit:

It's fun to watch the ammo counter as Mercy fires and listen to the hit markers. He only misses about four shots.

Yeah, tubes are the worst when they are wielded by bad players. Because every time they die, they just pull up the tube and go. If I die 5 times in a match, I tube probably 6-7 times. That guy who died 18 times? Probably tubed 30+ times. That's miserable.

EDIT: Well, then, Tibbly. My mistake. Yeah, I guess you've probably had HL Pro for ages, since you're too goddamn scared to hit the Prestige button. Baby.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This prestige, I managed to upgrade all the perks I use (LW, FJ, Scav, SoH, SA, Hardened, Marathon, Tac Mask and Hacker) by level 30. Warlord wasn't even purchased until 40 and it only took a few levels, too.

Marathon is easily the hardest, most annying to do. Between having to play CTF (which is okay for a few games, but gets old long before 15 caps) and trying to get first blood despite my bad lag, I'm not sure why I've done the pro challenges every time...

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Mercy, I hate your theme. Every time I see your sig I am reminded Archer s2 isn't on Hulu yet :(

Arrath on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I used my two tubes first going for the 1500. Like a boss.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So, I prestiged for the first time in preparation of the Double XP weekend. I only had a couple thousand CoD BuX, so I decided to go ahead and cheat the system and do the Wager Match thing. Apparently my karma is not so hot. I ended up on Summit. Got knifed back to the goddamned Python once and back to the Steakout twice. By the time I was going through the Steakout for the third time, everyone else was already on explosives. Finished 11-28 in last place after being exploded several times immediately after spawning. Never did get past the Steakout. :oops:

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Mercy, I hate your theme. Every time I see your sig I am reminded Archer s2 isn't on Hulu yet :(

I... I can only imagine your pain. And according to a few people, there's going to be a 30-day delay before the 1st ep shows up? Yowch.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It looks like my school's connection has finally stopped shitting itself over this storm. I had a game where I went 28-8. It was like goddamn duck hunt. I stole an RPK from some pubbie I knifed in the back then killed half his team with one mag. It's like I cock-slapped him, then tore his own cock off his corpse and cockslapped all his friends and family with it.

glithert on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I... I can only imagine your pain. And according to a few people, there's going to be a 30-day delay before the 1st ep shows up? Yowch.

My own fault, I could've just not been lazy and watched them as they aired on FX, but meh, the TV is busy with CoD.

Arrath on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

My own fault, I could've just not been lazy and watched them as they aired on FX, but meh, the TV is busy with CoD.
    Archer is worth the half hour break.

joshgotro on