Options

Dead Space 2: Still Creepy!

• Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When is the Severed DLC supposed to drop? I just finished singleplayer and I'm itching for more.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i don't think any of the kellion crew realized just how badly the ishimura was fucked at that point

nevertheless

stepping off the tram each chapter

i KNOW the audio transmission is coming

i still jump out of my skin every goddamn time

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I had the same problem with the transmissions in the first game.

I didn't in the second game, but I don't know if that's because I was less tense overall or they just made the sound quieter.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gjaustin wrote: »

I didn't in the second game, but I don't know if that's because I was less tense overall or they just made the sound quieter.

i don't think they were meant to be scary, that's all. in the first game they were there to BAM you out of your tram-induced reverie

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

i don't think they were meant to be scary, that's all. in the first game they were there to BAM you out of your tram-induced reverie

They also happen alot during lulls in the action, or if you're just winding down after a particularly scary sequence.

Quite clever really. I smile every time. (After jumping out of my skin)

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, everyone wants something in the OP, but nobody wants to contribute. :)

adytum on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When is the Severed DLC supposed to drop? I just finished singleplayer and I'm itching for more.

According to IGN its still TBA 2011 (To Be Announced) so no set date yet.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Are you implying they were supposed to be scary in the first game?

Because if you are, I'd have to disagree with you there. It's not like we're talking about the sprinklers in hydroponics or the showers in the hospital.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Because if you are, I'd have to disagree with you there. It's not like we're talking about the sprinklers in hydroponics or the showers in the hospital.
    no, not scary, just startling. i jump at the noise, not because it's a threat.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I didn't realize until playing this game that apparently my left and right speakers are flipped on my desk... Should I take the time to manually move everything around or can i just swap them in system settings.

Also Holy crap in DS1 I had just gotten used to the necromorphs who look like normal human adults just with two giant scythes and could calmly rotate and cut off the scythes... And now in the morgue they start shooting acid at me! damn you game keeping me from ever feeling comfortable in my ability to win (and quickly changing my tone on not needing all the health packs I had and had previously been selling surplus of)

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Dammit, looks like I have to work late tonight which means no DS1.

:(

Oh well... tomorrow though. I intend on spending as much time as possible on it.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I'm still disagreeing with you then.

I doubt the ones after the trams were intended to be startling.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    To me it's obvious they were supposed to be startling.

Sudden loud static noises right in your face - followed by sometimes distorted and creepy video messages in themselves, are clearly supposed to be at least a bit startling in a horror game filled with tension.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I'm still disagreeing with you then.

I doubt the ones after the trams were intended to be startling.

but it's a giant burst of static that's at least twice as loud as the actual audio message! D:

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    DredZedDredZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought they were definitely meant to startle you, if only to try to keep you on your toes. The placement of them right after the trams and during otherwise calm moments clearly was clearly meant to give you a little bit of a shock.

DredZed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Chaotic
    Evisceration
    Corp.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This sat. if you have the ps3 version you can play with developers. I guess they're also giving people who kill them some new suits and it's viral. So basically if you play long enough you should get the suits. Sounds kind of cool.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/11/play-dead-space-2-with-the-devs-this-saturday-unlock-new-viral-suits/

edit: They're also playing the 360 version as well.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    My Iphone backgrounds, slightly on topic. ;-)
    imageorh.th.jpg
    imagetzv.th.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I had a thought today

Isaac and Stross are patients 4 and 5 that have had contact with the Marker, so who are the other three?
    How many people survived Extraction, again?

Green on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Green wrote: »
    So I had a thought today

Isaac and Stross are patients 4 and 5 that have had contact with the Marker, so who are the other three?
    Maybe still in some cell somewhere? When everything went down you could see signs saying they are looking for Issac and Stross, but that's it. So either the others didn't escape or they're on some other space station.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i got the impression that edgars foster the therapist got to them and killed them first

either that or the necros got em

isaac himself likely would have bit it if franco hadn't at least roused him

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The other patients from the wing (1-3) are mentioned briefly in some logs, though not by name. One talks about how the female one is making tiny makers out of her own feces. None survived their contact in any remote state of sanity though, and thus can't help make an actual marker (rather than a feces one). They basically were just ginny pigs since they were kinda expendable as far as research goes.

And yeah, all indications are either the necros got them or if they managed to get out the soldiers got em. Only Stross and Isaac, who retained sanity, or at least some of it, were of any value anyways.

Astale on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So if I bought one of the DLC packs, which one would you guys recommend?

anoffday on
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Supernova is the one to buy anoffday, you get the Rivet Gun which is a fun distraction, plus the cool red suit and the health packed bonus suit should you wanna cheat a hardcore run of DS2, it'll help you the most.

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks. What does the red suit do?

anoffday on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Going back through on NG+ Zealot, it's funny how different a game this feels the second time through.

Chapter 10's still scary as shit, though.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Puffycow and myself beat DS1 tonight. Was pretty good. Nice and scary. I was disappointed with the size of the Marker though. After seeing the DS movie and seeing how huge it was, we were underwhelmed with it in the end.

We now are deciding if we should play through DS2 together (2 chapters, swap controller, etc.) or just play by ourselves on our own consoles since we both have DS2. I don't know if I can make it through DS2 alone. Haha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Puffycow and myself beat DS1 tonight. Was pretty good. Nice and scary. I was disappointed with the size of the Marker though. After seeing the DS movie and seeing how huge it was, we were underwhelmed with it in the end.

We now are deciding if we should play through DS2 together (2 chapters, swap controller, etc.) or just play by ourselves on our own consoles since we both have DS2. I don't know if I can make it through DS2 alone. Haha.

Man I wish I had someone to play through DS with me just so I could take a break and enjoy it. Just saw my first black whatever the hell those basic necros are in the morgue of DS1... It wasn't a shock scare so much as an oh shit oh shit I can't stop him I'm going to die scare. Then when I was attacked by the second one going back to the hub of ch3 I remembered I had stasis but still, it'd be nice to just watch for a bit.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It really is sort of crazy how many things Visceral was able to shove into the game. It's my third time playing (finally took a crack at Zealot) and I'm still finding all sorts of weird stuff. Picked up the audio log regarding the female test subject, I guess that would ID that particular test subject in the observation deck. Another thing I noticed while I was in the hospital was that as you make your way through, you hear someone's death rattle and their heart monitor flat lining.

Otherwise, I'm at Chapter 10 and essentially have been getting my ass kicked since Chapter 6. Many props to you Hard Core players out there.

kfrooster on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    anoffday wrote: »
    So I had a thought today

Maybe still in some cell somewhere? When everything went down you could see signs saying they are looking for Issac and Stross, but that's it. So either the others didn't escape or they're on some other space station.
    One of them bites it when you go OCD over the plasma cutter

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I had a thought today

One of them bites it when you go OCD over the plasma cutter
    So...sparkly....

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Dead Space 1

Oh my shit.

Chapter 5.

Oh my shit.

I need advice on this one. Because I'm terrified.

I have ran away from that thing twice now, but I used so much ammo. I got as far as running down the corridor towards the morgue, and then one of those wallmounted bastards instantly lopped my head off like a cheap cigar.

Oh my shit.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dead Space 1

Oh my shit.

Chapter 5.

Oh my shit.

I have ran away from that thing twice now, but I used so much ammo. I got as far as running down the corridor towards the morgue, and then one of those wallmounted bastards instantly lopped my head off like a cheap cigar.

Oh my shit.

Take off the three limbs of your choice, stasis, run away, and change underwear. Repeat as needed.
    As for the wall mounted guys, never get close to them, as it's instant death. Any area effect guns are good on them (alt-fire on the Line or Force Guns does the trick), or an explosive canister if you can find one. Otherwise, just keep your distance and pick off the tentacles one by one. The things it spits out will die in one Plasma Cutter shot to the tentacle, but don't let them pile up.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    klemming wrote: »
    Dead Space 1

Oh my shit.

Chapter 5.

Oh my shit.

Oh my shit.

Take off the three limbs of your choice, stasis, run away, and change underwear. Repeat as needed.
    As for the wall mounted guys, never get close to them, as it's instant death. Any area effect guns are good on them (alt-fire on the Line or Force Guns does the trick), or an explosive canister if you can find one. Otherwise, just keep your distance and pick off the tentacles one by one. The things it spits out will die in one Plasma Cutter shot to the tentacle, but don't let them pile up.

Alright cool, thanks.

I kept a cool head and got chapter five done, doing as you advised. It wasn't easy though. And Kendra's "Hopefully that's the last we'll see of that thing" leads me to believe that it totally isn't.

I cannot overstate how much being a pussy is a handicap for me in this game. :)

I'm in hydroponics now. The sprinklers made me jump. .... sprinklers.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    klemming wrote: »
    Dead Space 1

Oh my shit.

Chapter 5.

Oh my shit.

Oh my shit.

Alright cool, thanks.

I kept a cool head and got chapter five done, doing as you advised. It wasn't easy though. And Kendra's "Hopefully that's the last we'll see of that thing" leads me to believe that it totally isn't.

Your fear is delicious. :lol:

Szechuan on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

How long does it take a necromorph to thaw?
    Any everyone who's played DS1 remembers the sprinklers. Ah, good times.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Okay, fuck this game.

Biggest scare for me so far...

I killed the first poison pod... and then I kept hearing low growling .. and movement... so I was just stood there in the room ... looking in every corner ...

And then a black fucker comes sprinting towards me, but from behind. I turned around just in time to see it's fucked up, fleshy black face right up against mine. I. Shat. my. self. I could hear my flatmate laughing in the room nextdoor at my scream.

It grabbed me, I hammered the A button while it took chunks out of me. I eviscerated it with more line gun rounds than necessary, then pounded it into a bloody pulp. Hit pause and threw the controller down.

I need a cigarette.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

if you want to super cheese hardcore you can get the supernova one and do this to get infinite credits right at the beginning of the game

infinite credits trick

outside of that they seem pretty worthless, i dunno

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

if you want to super cheese hardcore you can get the supernova one and do this to get infinite credits right at the beginning of the game

infinite credits trick

outside of that they seem pretty worthless, i dunno

Yeah, the best equipment you can get is already in the game. The DLC packs are a relatively minor boost for the early game - you can't buy your way into 60% armor like you can with DS1.

Szechuan on
  • Options
    SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can I get an add to the list of 360 users btw - Seanron

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
This discussion has been closed.