Catherine - the new competitive hotness. Tournament Hype!

12526272830

Posts

  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Allllright baby! 1000/1000 in Catherine. Oh man. Feels good.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    mastrius wrote:
    Allllright baby! 1000/1000 in Catherine. Oh man. Feels good.

    hot! grats!

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Did you do Axis Mundi in co-op mode, or single player?

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Barcardi wrote:
    Yea.... well ok that makes sense within the crazyness of this game.

    Not to be too buzz-killery, but
    ....there's not a lot of transgendered characters in games grounded in a contemporary setting. From anywhere. Erica in Catherine is a decade ahead of pretty much all console games coming out of North America and East Asia.

    If anyone can give me another positive example, please do--even then, Erica's easily one of the better adjusted people in the main cast, though that's not saying much.
    Barcardi wrote:
    I really enjoyed the crazyness of this game. Just beat it. Regarding my ending
    i thought it was going to end right after the knife fight and chapter 8 boss, it would have been a ballsy game design choice. But then Japan happened and it went from kinda bittersweet dreaming of Catherine to just hilariously insane. I got the true cheater ending and could not stop laughing when Vincent woke up next to those two characters.

    I was a little bummed too, though only initially. Seemed like Catherine was going to pull something rather unexpected, and then they went all Hollywood. :( "NO! NO, YOU CAN'T END A STORY THIS WAY!" type stuff.

    That being said, this way seems to open up the game to a wider variety of distinct answers, which I'm always a sucker for, I'll be the first to admit. So I can live with typically American Movie Audience bullshit, I guess?

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote:
    Barcardi wrote:
    Yea.... well ok that makes sense within the crazyness of this game.

    Not to be too buzz-killery, but
    ....there's not a lot of transgendered characters in games grounded in a contemporary setting. From anywhere. Erica in Catherine is a decade ahead of pretty much all console games coming out of North America and East Asia.

    If anyone can give me another positive example, please do--even then, Erica's easily one of the better adjusted people in the main cast, though that's not saying much.
    Barcardi wrote:
    I really enjoyed the crazyness of this game. Just beat it. Regarding my ending
    i thought it was going to end right after the knife fight and chapter 8 boss, it would have been a ballsy game design choice. But then Japan happened and it went from kinda bittersweet dreaming of Catherine to just hilariously insane. I got the true cheater ending and could not stop laughing when Vincent woke up next to those two characters.

    I was a little bummed too, though only initially. Seemed like Catherine was going to pull something rather unexpected, and then they went all Hollywood. :( "NO! NO, YOU CAN'T END A STORY THIS WAY!" type stuff.

    That being said, this way seems to open up the game to a wider variety of distinct answers, which I'm always a sucker for, I'll be the first to admit. So I can live with typically American Movie Audience bullshit, I guess?

    I dunno. I can certainly understand your perspective, however...
    I thought it was TOTALLY unbelievable for Katherine to reach for the knife in the first place.

    That would have been a very strange "true ending" for me.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Gilder wrote:
    Barcardi wrote:
    I really enjoyed the crazyness of this game. Just beat it. Regarding my ending
    i thought it was going to end right after the knife fight and chapter 8 boss, it would have been a ballsy game design choice. But then Japan happened and it went from kinda bittersweet dreaming of Catherine to just hilariously insane. I got the true cheater ending and could not stop laughing when Vincent woke up next to those two characters.

    The Hawaiian shirt reminded me of Farscape of all things.

    question though:
    Right before or after chapter 8 it was revealed that the waitress Erica was starting to have the dreams too, what was up with that, I kept expecting Azmodius to be Toby or something, with reverse incubus dreams or something like that. If only because of the English voice actors. So was she really having related dreams, or what/why was she saying that?

    The second thing is pretty much revealed only in the True Ending, but if you want to know
    Erica used to be a guy, but at some point he got a sex change. So she had the nightmare because I guess she was still a guy? It's actually kind of insulting that the game said "Even though you're a woman you're still ACTUALLY a man.", but that's probably because Japan isn't very sensitive about that kind of thing.

    Edit: Fucking hate that preview in the new forums doesn't refresh the page so I can see new posts. You win this round interrobang.

    Spoilers
    I see it as less being insensitive and more Boss doing what he said he does. Basically males that don't contribute to reproduction are given the nightmares. Erica became a woman, but in doing so she essentially became a man that "deserted her post" so to speak in Boss's eyes
    Drez wrote:
    Synthesis wrote:
    Barcardi wrote:
    Yea.... well ok that makes sense within the crazyness of this game.

    Not to be too buzz-killery, but
    ....there's not a lot of transgendered characters in games grounded in a contemporary setting. From anywhere. Erica in Catherine is a decade ahead of pretty much all console games coming out of North America and East Asia.

    If anyone can give me another positive example, please do--even then, Erica's easily one of the better adjusted people in the main cast, though that's not saying much.
    Barcardi wrote:
    I really enjoyed the crazyness of this game. Just beat it. Regarding my ending
    i thought it was going to end right after the knife fight and chapter 8 boss, it would have been a ballsy game design choice. But then Japan happened and it went from kinda bittersweet dreaming of Catherine to just hilariously insane. I got the true cheater ending and could not stop laughing when Vincent woke up next to those two characters.

    I was a little bummed too, though only initially. Seemed like Catherine was going to pull something rather unexpected, and then they went all Hollywood. :( "NO! NO, YOU CAN'T END A STORY THIS WAY!" type stuff.

    That being said, this way seems to open up the game to a wider variety of distinct answers, which I'm always a sucker for, I'll be the first to admit. So I can live with typically American Movie Audience bullshit, I guess?

    I dunno. I can certainly understand your perspective, however...
    I thought it was TOTALLY unbelievable for Katherine to reach for the knife in the first place.

    That would have been a very strange "true ending" for me.

    "Outcomes", not answers, I mean. I agree completely, I was really shocked at her doing that....in this case, shocked = good.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    mastrius wrote:
    Allllright baby! 1000/1000 in Catherine. Oh man. Feels good.

    hot! grats!

    Thanks man! Really happy to have done it. I can shelf this game with a good feeling knowing I never have to go back. As much as that saddens me.
    Drez wrote:
    Did you do Axis Mundi in co-op mode, or single player?

    Haha well what do you think? Look who you're talking to!
    ....co-op.....fuck that shit in single...*sniff*


    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    mastrius wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    mastrius wrote:
    Allllright baby! 1000/1000 in Catherine. Oh man. Feels good.

    hot! grats!

    Thanks man! Really happy to have done it. I can shelf this game with a good feeling knowing I never have to go back. As much as that saddens me.
    Drez wrote:
    Did you do Axis Mundi in co-op mode, or single player?

    Haha well what do you think? Look who you're talking to!
    ....co-op.....fuck that shit in single...*sniff*

    heheheh

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • GilderGilder Registered User regular
    I am The Golden Child. All but stage two done through the phone because I'm retarded and thought I'd rather not deal with getting pillows every life in exchange for not saving. 9-1 is Satan's level. Fuck that level so hard. I was so fucking tired of getting to the top and then losing because it decided that my foothold should become a bomb and now the level is impossible because I don't have enough blocks since they all became bombs and are gone now. The last two stages were actually easier than in normal mode, but the last one gave me a silver my first time beating it so fuck it too. 9-3 was a million times easier as well, and it actually glitched out and forgot to load a section of puzzles. There were no spike traps at the end, it was just the goal. So that saved me some time when I finally beat it.

    All I see now are blocks.

  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Gilder wrote:
    I am The Golden Child. All but stage two done through the phone because I'm retarded and thought I'd rather not deal with getting pillows every life in exchange for not saving. 9-1 is Satan's level. Fuck that level so hard. I was so fucking tired of getting to the top and then losing because it decided that my foothold should become a bomb and now the level is impossible because I don't have enough blocks since they all became bombs and are gone now. The last two stages were actually easier than in normal mode, but the last one gave me a silver my first time beating it so fuck it too. 9-3 was a million times easier as well, and it actually glitched out and forgot to load a section of puzzles. There were no spike traps at the end, it was just the goal. So that saved me some time when I finally beat it.

    All I see now are blocks.

    Nice man. That's awesome.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Gilder wrote:
    I am The Golden Child. All but stage two done through the phone because I'm retarded and thought I'd rather not deal with getting pillows every life in exchange for not saving. 9-1 is Satan's level. Fuck that level so hard. I was so fucking tired of getting to the top and then losing because it decided that my foothold should become a bomb and now the level is impossible because I don't have enough blocks since they all became bombs and are gone now. The last two stages were actually easier than in normal mode, but the last one gave me a silver my first time beating it so fuck it too. 9-3 was a million times easier as well, and it actually glitched out and forgot to load a section of puzzles. There were no spike traps at the end, it was just the goal. So that saved me some time when I finally beat it.

    All I see now are blocks.

    Lol, all these people raging over the Empireo stages, but it really wasn't any harder than the rest of the game. The only way I see Mystery blocks being unbearable is if you're playing hard mode, because otherwise you can cancel out a Mystery Block's effect (and change it's activated effect randomly) by simply pressing the undo button.

    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    mastrius wrote:
    I just hit the last stage, but honestly I don't even know if I want to beat it

    The game itself stopped being fun a while ago, but I kept playing for the story. Now it's just pissing me off.

    SPOILERS
    I really hate that the game doesn't give you more lee-way and just seems to one-track you no matter your choices. Case in point, I fucking hate Katherine and have been swaying toward Catherine as much as I can (the game even does a piss-poor job of that - your choices usually tend to be "Be a dick to Catherine" or "Be a little bit less of a dick to Catherine"). It's just clear that they're favoring Katherine so that they can honor whatever story they've already built up and made prerendered animated cutscenes for, but then why give the illusion of choice? The things Vincent is saying and doing are completely inconsistent with what I'm choosing, and it's just jarring. I should be guiding Catherine up this tower and running away from Katherine - not the opposite.

    I can live with gameplay getting very repetitive and stale if it serves a greater story purpose, but that's really not what's happening here. I may just log off and go finish it now, but as things stand I'm pretty unsatisfied with my purchase.

    You can choose Catherine. You just have to get past the ending to get to it. Everything is decided leading up to
    The breaking up part.
    After that happens have you noticed in the subtitles if you have them on, how they don't actually put any catherine or Katherine in the subtitles? It's because after that one event it's all VIncent's choice now. Or rather. Yours. Playing up to then though well yeah. You can't change anything. I know what you mean but I didn't feel that way at all. I mean if you don't wanna be a dick to Katherine just don't respond to her. And if you wanna be nice to Catherine only respond when you can be nice. I don't know.

    Spoilers
    I just stopped, honestly. I'm on the Fourth Sphere of the Empireo and this game just does. Not. Stop. And everything's Vincent's saying is indicated he's taking on Boss so he can arrange to meet Katherine

    But even like you said, things being pre-decided up to the break-up...that's just so dumb. We don't see any of Vincent and Katherine's relationship before the game, so to me, the player controlling him, Vincent has been nothing but an apathetic dick to her. Then to be presented with cutscenes like "Oh she means so much to me, I need to hold her dear!" It's awful. If they want to give me a linear story, then give me a linear story, don't give me choice, and please make the female lead that the main character apparently really loves a little bit more than a frigid ice queen bitch.

    If what you're saying is true, then maybe Catherine would be there had I finished the Empireo. But even that would still feel disjointed considering the scenes that Atlus already "chose" for me to see.

    Who knows? Certainly not me. I'm finished with this game. It was a neat experiment and I applaud the balls of Atlus for making it and, much moreso, even releasing it in the US. I'm glad this game exists. It's just...very flawed.

    Would you happen to have a PS3 copy?

    I did...I'm not sure what difference that makes?

  • GilderGilder Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Gilder wrote:
    I am The Golden Child. All but stage two done through the phone because I'm retarded and thought I'd rather not deal with getting pillows every life in exchange for not saving. 9-1 is Satan's level. Fuck that level so hard. I was so fucking tired of getting to the top and then losing because it decided that my foothold should become a bomb and now the level is impossible because I don't have enough blocks since they all became bombs and are gone now. The last two stages were actually easier than in normal mode, but the last one gave me a silver my first time beating it so fuck it too. 9-3 was a million times easier as well, and it actually glitched out and forgot to load a section of puzzles. There were no spike traps at the end, it was just the goal. So that saved me some time when I finally beat it.

    All I see now are blocks.

    Lol, all these people raging over the Empireo stages, but it really wasn't any harder than the rest of the game. The only way I see Mystery blocks being unbearable is if you're playing hard mode, because otherwise you can cancel out a Mystery Block's effect (and change it's activated effect randomly) by simply pressing the undo button.

    Well on principle I never used the undo button even in normal, but yeah I suppose you could do that. On hard you don't have it of course so you really have to take what you get like you said. 9-1 is bad on hard because there's only one way to go when you get near the top, and I think that my path always had me use one random block to climb up to the spike wall. If it was a bomb it caused it to collapse by one and then I couldn't solve it. I think 9-4 has the random wall, and you know what I got my first time in it on hard? Every single block I pulled out to start a staircase was a bomb. Yeah. Every single one. I pulled out pretty much all the bottom ones and they were all bombs, so I had to restart because I had nothing left to get. I could have just activated one to see if it was a bomb and let it turn the others to crumble blocks, but I had a step combo to save. I couldn't believe they were all bombs though. What are the odds of that happening?

    Gilder on
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Gilder wrote:
    Gilder wrote:
    I am The Golden Child. All but stage two done through the phone because I'm retarded and thought I'd rather not deal with getting pillows every life in exchange for not saving. 9-1 is Satan's level. Fuck that level so hard. I was so fucking tired of getting to the top and then losing because it decided that my foothold should become a bomb and now the level is impossible because I don't have enough blocks since they all became bombs and are gone now. The last two stages were actually easier than in normal mode, but the last one gave me a silver my first time beating it so fuck it too. 9-3 was a million times easier as well, and it actually glitched out and forgot to load a section of puzzles. There were no spike traps at the end, it was just the goal. So that saved me some time when I finally beat it.

    All I see now are blocks.

    Lol, all these people raging over the Empireo stages, but it really wasn't any harder than the rest of the game. The only way I see Mystery blocks being unbearable is if you're playing hard mode, because otherwise you can cancel out a Mystery Block's effect (and change it's activated effect randomly) by simply pressing the undo button.

    Well on principle I never used the undo button even in normal, but yeah I suppose you could do that. On hard you don't have it of course so you really have to take what you get like you said. 9-1 is bad on hard because there's only one way to go when you get near the top, and I think that my path always had me use one random block to climb up to the spike wall. If it was a bomb it caused it to collapse by one and then I couldn't solve it. I think 9-4 has the random wall, and you know what I got my first time in it on hard? Every single block I pulled out to start a staircase was a bomb. Yeah. Every single one. I pulled out pretty much all the bottom ones and they were all bombs, so I had to restart because I had nothing left to get. I could have just activated one to see if it was a bomb and let it turn the others to crumble blocks, but I had a step combo to save. I couldn't believe they were all bombs though. What are the odds of that happening?

    I know what the odds of that happening are. You're not the only one who's gone through this bullshit. Hahah. I asked myself the same thing. You pull and jump and oh it's a bomb wtf. Ok I can do it without that ONE block I guess.. Pull and jump bomb. OH MY pull and jump CRACK BLOCK "WHAT THE FU.." pull last block BOMB BITCH HOW'S IT FEEL TO LOSE?!

    I still have nightmares.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Wow, I mean, I rarely EVER got a bomb for a mystery block. I usually got cracked and spike trap blocks. This is why I usually jump on the mystery block and immediately jump off... worst case scenario, I get a bomb block, right? Otherwise I just get lucky and avoid any bad shit.

    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Wow, I mean, I rarely EVER got a bomb for a mystery block. I usually got cracked and spike trap blocks. This is why I usually jump on the mystery block and immediately jump off... worst case scenario, I get a bomb block, right? Otherwise I just get lucky and avoid any bad shit.

    Did you ever play on Hard?

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • KainyKainy Registered User regular
    Finally started this.

    I am enjoying this goddamn game so much. So, so much.

    I am pretty bad at blocks, but I'm sure that weakness will be seared from my soul by the fires of difficulty.

    Regarding those Erica things, @Synthesis
    Nier has a transgendered character, as well, though it unfortunately doesn't bother to touch on that explicitly in the game. It's got a lot of brave decisions in storytelling, if you read the background info. If that's your thing (I know it's mine, I love it when stories have the balls to have unusual characters, soul-crushing twists, etc.) then I'd recommend it highly if you haven't played it.

    Just like in Drakengard, its precursor, there are no happy endings.

    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Kainy wrote:
    Finally started this.

    I am enjoying this goddamn game so much. So, so much.

    I am pretty bad at blocks, but I'm sure that weakness will be seared from my soul by the fires of difficulty.

    Regarding those Erica things, @Synthesis
    Nier has a transgendered character, as well, though it unfortunately doesn't bother to touch on that explicitly in the game. It's got a lot of brave decisions in storytelling, if you read the background info. If that's your thing (I know it's mine, I love it when stories have the balls to have unusual characters, soul-crushing twists, etc.) then I'd recommend it highly if you haven't played it.

    Just like in Drakengard, its precursor, there are no happy endings.
    I have not play Nier (aside from the demo on Xbox. I think), but I do love me good, complex, excruciating level of details (i.e. more believable writing)--just see my whole spiel about the Trainman in Final Fantasy VII. At the risk of being presumptious, it's not as surprising, as it is (in part) a Japanese-developed game (also Australia and US, no?). American games, outside the purely fantastical, pretty much assume transgendered people do not exist, period--outside of purely fantastical, or morally perverse character archtypes. Of course, this is true about the large majority of Japanese games, it's just a case of ~99% American, ~90% Japanese, when both used to be 99%).

    Thanks for letting me know. Nier seemed to take some interesting risks in terms of art direction, I should take another look at it.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    I think getting cracked blocks on mystery blocks is pretty bad already, since my standard procedure is to step on them, jump off (in case it turns out it turns out to be spiked), then step on it again. The next time I step off again it breaks.

    I probably hate monster blocks more though. REALLY hate it when they move backward, or forward to make a ceiling above me. And there's been at least one occasion where I was trying to climb on one while it was moving and when my climb animation was completed the block was already in the next space and then I fell to my death.

  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I just got and beat this game for the first time.
    I managed to fluke my way into the true lover's ending. I guess it's not really that hard to do, after looking up what it takes. Still, I was really happy with the ending, and the story as a whole is probably one of the best ones in gaming, even if it does suffer a whole hell of a lot from, "god dammit that isn't what I thought that meant. The block puzzles, ehhhh. Around level 5 I was too engrossed in the story to stop playing, but I really just wanted to ignore the puzzles so I started just youtubing solutions. They are still pretty fun, just not something I want to engage in when tired.

    Definitely replaying this for more endings and different story and all that. I heard that if you get a gold in every area of a level you can then skip the puzzle from then on, is this true?

    Oh, and do you get anything for doing Rapunzel? What about the secret rapunzel levels?

    Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Arkady wrote:
    I just got and beat this game for the first time.
    I managed to fluke my way into the true lover's ending. I guess it's not really that hard to do, after looking up what it takes. Still, I was really happy with the ending, and the story as a whole is probably one of the best ones in gaming, even if it does suffer a whole hell of a lot from, "god dammit that isn't what I thought that meant. The block puzzles, ehhhh. Around level 5 I was too engrossed in the story to stop playing, but I really just wanted to ignore the puzzles so I started just youtubing solutions. They are still pretty fun, just not something I want to engage in when tired.

    Definitely replaying this for more endings and different story and all that. I heard that if you get a gold in every area of a level you can then skip the puzzle from then on, is this true?

    Oh, and do you get anything for doing Rapunzel? What about the secret rapunzel levels?

    Any level you gold you can skip. Doesn't have to be the whole entire area I believe. But then I'm not 100% sure on that honestly. But yes the golding this is true.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Man this game will kick your ass 10 ways from Sunday. seriously fuck the
    child with chainsaw

    If it wasn't for a glitch I found I would have been playing that section for hours.

  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So I'm starting to play this game.

    This game is wild....it actually having me sit down and think about my answer for like 10 minutes straight.

    I'm only just past stage 2, but the puzzles don't seem so bad. The one time I died is because I accidentally let go of a block with nothing below me.

  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    The boss of day 4 is really screwing me... I suck at climbing high walls without much room to maneuver.

  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ganluan wrote:
    The boss of day 4 is really screwing me... I suck at climbing high walls without much room to maneuver.

    I had issues with the boss of day 6 but I found this glitch/cheat and abused the heck out of it.

    Right as you hear the boss start up it's attack pull out a block and as the attack launches hit Undo. It will reset the block and the boss's attack. the Boss will have to charge it's attack again so you can get a few movements in before the boss can attack you again. If you abuse this you can play through the whole stage without the boss ever getting in a projectile attack. You will still get Trophies/Achievements

    Also I don't think it has taught you this technique yet but it pretty much cracks the whole game wide open.

    There are no story spoilers but I spoilered it in case you want the to learn them as the game teaches them



    And the Variant

    Artoria on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    The placement of that technique is baffling. As far as I can tell, it's necessary to complete
    Night 4

    But they don't tell you about it until much later.

  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    The placement of that technique is baffling. As far as I can tell, it's necessary to complete
    Night 4

    But they don't tell you about it until much later.

    Agreed I managed to somehow Spaz my way though it but had I known that Technique I would have gotten though it a lot faster.

  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    Wow that technique will be really useful, and it's pretty easy to remember. Thanks!

  • GilderGilder Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    It is an essential technique, and will carry you through the whole game because it's required in a million areas. I just have one tip to go along with it: Don't ever think you don't need to do it one more time and can just make a staircase. I have done that so many times and every single time it has screwed me. Just do the technique again, because if you don't something you need will probably fall or you miscalculated.

    Gilder on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    Inazuma alone will carry you through most of Menhir.

    rpcJVoo.png
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    You were right, I breezed through the 4 boss and stages 5-1 and 5-2. I think the game is finally starting to "click" with me.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Yeah once you figure out Inazuma, you are gold.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • KainyKainy Registered User regular
    Inazuma

    Why didn't I have you for that last stage

    Oh god that's useful

    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Yeah, it seems kind of strange that you're not given the technique until just after you passed the first instance where you would have needed it to get past.

    On the other hand, it does make a little sense; where would the other sheep have gotten the ideas for their techniques if they hadn't been in those situations first?

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • KainyKainy Registered User regular
    Well, with enough brainpower you can logic out all these techniques.

    I've just been sorely lacking in brainpower lately.

    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • GilderGilder Registered User regular
    I think Atlus waited on the technique because they're Atlus and just like to screw with the player.

  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    The Clock Tower is bullshit. After I finally beat it the 6th night boss and 7-1 were so easy I got through them in one try, so it seems like the difficulty curve is a bit wacky.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular


    A Catherine tournament. Seriously.

    rpcJVoo.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:


    A Catherine tournament. Seriously.

    I'd be interested if it was a Catherine cosplay contest.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    cj iwakura wrote:


    A Catherine tournament. Seriously.
    I was intending to run this at PAX.

    Also at PAX, http://www.flickr.com/photos/cliffnordman/6095986362/in/set-72157627552233638

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
Sign In or Register to comment.