As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Tom Petty passed away. :(

He voiced Lucky in King of the Hill, which I always thought ended up being a great addition to the cast.

I'll argue that he had some good moments but Lucky was a big minus to the cast overall.

Still Tom Petty was a cool dude pity that he's passed

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

He voiced Lucky in King of the Hill, which I always thought ended up being a great addition to the cast.

I'll argue that he had some good moments but Lucky was a big minus to the cast overall.

it was a really weird departure from the format of the show to keep him as constant

but i think it helped make luanne less of a one note character.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

it was a really weird departure from the format of the show to keep him as constant

That was because they reversed all of Luanne's character development and even dumbed her down over time

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

That was because they reversed all of Luanne's character development and even dumbed her down over time

I'm not arguing. It was a really tough character to fit into the family.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Bob's Burgers feature film coming 2020.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/bobs-burgers-movie-release-date-fox-1202181837/
    20th Century Fox said today that it is making a feature film based on the Fox animated series Bob’s Burgers and has set a July 17, 2020 release date. The series is coming off an Emmy win this year for Outstanding Animated Series and took the same honor in 2014.

The series first appeared on Fox in midseason 2011. Fox Animation will produce the film.

“We’re thrilled to be invited to bring Bob’s Burgers to the big screen,” show creator Loren Bouchard said. “We know the movie has to scratch every itch the fans of the show have ever had, but it also has to work for all the good people who’ve never seen the show. We also know it has to fill every inch of the screen with the colors and the sounds and the ever so slightly greasy texture of the world of Bob’s – but most of all it has to take our characters on an epic adventure. In other words, it has to be the best movie ever made. But no pressure, right?!”

The series follows the lives, loves and misadventures of the Belcher family and their friends and rivals. Bob Belcher (voice of H. Jon Benjamin) runs a hamburger restaurant in a seaside town, with his ever-optimistic wife Linda (John Roberts) and their three children: self-conscious Tina (Dan Mintz), goofball Gene (Eugene Mirman) and precocious Louise (Kristen Schaal).

“A Bob’s Burgers film fits perfectly with our initiative to redouble our family and animation efforts,” said Twentieth Century Fox Film chairman and CEO Stacey Snider. “We’re grateful to [Fox Television Group chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden] for trusting us with this beloved property and we’re so excited to be working with Loren and his team.”

• Options
    That seems like a thing that is not necessary.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hey, I'll take this over Fox giving Seth MacFarlane a bargeload of money to do whatever the hell he wants for the 47th time.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Lucky worked as a guest character, but not as a regular.

"Got me a $24,000 settlement by god, won't have to work another day in my life."

Though he had some good moments, like when he wanted to help Bobby get into the tortilla chip factory to taste a chip fresh off the assembly line. His brilliant plan was to climb the fence around factory to get in. He fell and hurt himself, which revealed his *real* brilliant plan, which was to threaten to sue unless they let him and Bobby eat a chip off the line.

Factory Manager: "You jumped our fence!"

Lucky: "That attractive nuisance is what I like to call Exhibit A."

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lucky as a character worked best when he was paired with Hank and trying to better himself. The problem is Luanne and him didn't work right.
    They were both dumb in the same way and I feel like Lucky should have at least been street smart to contrast her blind optimism.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I can't remember, but was King of the Hill meant to end at the wedding of Luanne and Lucky. Cause I remember thinking that it definitely felt like a series finale.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I can't remember, but was King of the Hill meant to end at the wedding of Luanne and Lucky. Cause I remember thinking that it definitely felt like a series finale.

The final episode was intended to be To Sirloin With Love but because of networking conflicts Another Manic-Khan Day aired as the finale. Spoilers for the episode below. It's a very good ending to the series.
    The finale ends with Bobby finally finding a passion (meat from a butchers perspective) and joining a team from the junior college to correctly identify various cuts of meat. Bobby wins the championship despite doubts from others and the Hills decide to celebrate by lighting up the grill for their friends, family, and neighbors. Hank and Bobby at long last connect with one another over the propane flame with Hank mentioning he's waited thirteen years for the moment and Bobby pulling off the final steak lamenting that it's "the last one".

The ending also reveals that Dale has figured out how to relieve Nancy's headaches and Boomhauer is a Texas Ranger.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz6_RskEzKo

here's the last minute. my memory ain't what it used to be.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Hope not. I like 'Hank and Bobby finally connecting through their love of barbecuing' way better.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    My favorite Lucky B plot had to do with waiting in line six days to get godawful tickets to a show no one cares about expressly for the position it gave them for one solo.

The Code of the Line dictates he won't even save Luanne a spot while she goes to the bathroom, but allows Bobby to go to school because "The Code acknowledges that the children are our future."

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    My favorite Lucky B plot had to do with waiting in line six days to get godawful tickets to a show no one cares about expressly for the position it gave them for one solo.

The Code of the Line dictates he won't even save Luanne a spot while she goes to the bathroom, but allows Bobby to go to school because "The Code acknowledges that the children are our future."

Oh yeah, I loved that. he brought something like 6 loaves of bread, expecting to trade them off the line for supplies.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular

The final episode was intended to be To Sirloin With Love but because of networking conflicts Another Manic-Khan Day aired as the finale. Spoilers for the episode below. It's a very good ending to the series.
    The finale ends with Bobby finally finding a passion (meat from a butchers perspective) and joining a team from the junior college to correctly identify various cuts of meat. Bobby wins the championship despite doubts from others and the Hills decide to celebrate by lighting up the grill for their friends, family, and neighbors. Hank and Bobby at long last connect with one another over the propane flame with Hank mentioning he's waited thirteen years for the moment and Bobby pulling off the final steak lamenting that it's "the last one".

The ending also reveals that Dale has figured out how to relieve Nancy's headaches and Boomhauer is a Texas Ranger.

edit:

You're both right. The wedding episode was made because Fox had cancelled them (Judge talks about them having cleared out their offices), so it was definitely designed as a series finale. Then Fox found they had a gap in their schedule and gave the series a reprieve.

Only for it to be cancelled again for *sighs* The Cleveland Show.

And it's a travesty you can't find the show in any streaming service.

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »

edit:

You're both right. The wedding episode was made because Fox had cancelled them (Judge talks about them having cleared out their offices), so it was definitely designed as a series finale. Then Fox found they had a gap in their schedule and gave the series a reprieve.

Only for it to be cancelled again for *sighs* The Cleveland Show.

And it's a travesty you can't find the show in any streaming service.

I am pretty okay with it being cancelled.

It's one of my favorite shows of all time but I would hate to have seen it become some sort of lumbering corpse that barely resembles the original product.

There's not really an episode of King of the Hill I won't sit down and watch if it's on television.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    The Cleveland Show is like a reverse KOTH in which it somehow gets worse every time it airs (which is way too goddamn often in AS).

I find myself confounded by its existence and what it considered comedy gold with each glance.

• Options
    Ugh, there was a tweet making the rounds that said that a bunch of KotH characters would have voted for Trump, including Hank, Peggy and Dale.

Never have I been angrier at a tweet.

• Options
    Ugh, there was a tweet making the rounds that said that a bunch of KotH characters would have voted for Trump, including Hank, Peggy and Dale.

Never have I been angrier at a tweet.

I could see Bill doing it and having a real panic afterward.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    I don't know if Bill would do it unless he got swept up in a group think of other people doing it. I have a feeling Bill would just vote however Hank was voting.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Most of them wouldn’t vote for Trump...

...but they sure as hell wouldn’t have voted for Hillary either. Dale would have voted for/written in something fringe; the rest would have probably just not voted for President at all (like most of my “Trump would be a shitty president, but fuck Hillary” Indiana red state coworkers did).

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    I think Peggy would definitely be on team Hillary.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    the entire episode would be about some hipster calling Hank a racist for voting republican.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Trump is too big of a potty mouth in public at first glance for hank to ever think about supporting.

I could have seen during the primaries, an episode about bobby helping volunteer for the GoP and then hank uncovering the catch and trying to yank bobby out of it.

Hank Hill is probably flagged in some system by now. He's had run-ins with the law (anger issues with the canadian neighbor), charges were dropped for bombing a car dealership. Is friends with a faux-extremist with access to poison, his wife who works in media, a military vet in rapidly declining health who they keep an eye on(because they experimented on and he might harbor a grudge,[did they catch him stealing that tank?]), and a texas ranger. I almost want to say Khan had to have been into something too, and wife is president of the gun club) Edit: wasn't it luannes dead boyfriends fault the megalo mart exploded? And they directly thought hank blew it up as terrorism. And also they thought he murdered his bosses.... wife or mistress. all that was so hard to keep track of.

That's like the best clip show parodying making a murderer about a 'foiled terrorist plot' right there.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    He also got in reported to the feds by Dale, when he got a new license and it said he was female instead of male and he couldn't get it fixed.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Anyone watching the Homer at Bat documentary?

Its pretty great so far.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Anyone watching the Home at Bat documentary?

Its pretty great so far.

What is it? Is it a documentary on Fox animation?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Home at Bat documentary?

Its pretty great so far.

What is it? Is it a documentary on Fox animation?

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/news/the-simpsons-documentary-about-homer-at-the-bat-to-air-on-fox-w509781
    "A satire of Ken Burns' epic documentary, Baseball, the special features interviews with eight Major League Baseball players appearing in the original episode, along with baseball historians, sportscasters, and iconic personalities, such as Fox Sports' Joe Buck, sports announcer Bob Costas, author George Will, Dr. Oz, fashion consultant and television personality Tim Gunn and New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio," according to Fox statement. "Current Yankee slugger and Major League Baseball AL MVP candidate Aaron Judge also appears in the special."

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    This thread reminded me that when I was younger we had a station herein Canada that would play King of the Hill then Kids in the Hall back to back after school.

It was the Koth/Kith hour

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ....welp, I think "mmmm, Homer" managed to top the time everyone turned inside-out for wince-inducing grossness.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Funnily enough, the everyone turned inside-out ending was part of a cannibal bit.

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised it took them this long to do The Exorcist, it's like one of the most famous classic horror films of all time.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    I'm surprised it took them this long to do The Exorcist, it's like one of the most famous classic horror films of all time.

The comics did a bit like 15 years ago where Lisa was possessed by Madonna. So Simpsons did it before the Simpsons did it.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    ....welp, I think "mmmm, Homer" managed to top the time everyone turned inside-out for wince-inducing grossness.

Yeah even though it was cartoon violence that one was hard to watch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Did anyone watch last night's Family Guy.

It was actually interesting, specially the ending.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Did anyone watch last night's Family Guy.

It was actually interesting, specially the ending.

It'll be interesting if the ending stays in place.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Do you mean it'd be edited or just that it'll be reset?

• Options
    So decided to watch Simpsons for the first time in years. The Mayor's voice is way off, dunno if they replaced it or it's been that way for a while. The sign outside made me laugh though

"Monorail Inquiry - No questions"

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Do you mean it'd be edited or just that it'll be reset?

Reset. Like when they did the whole "Hey, we're killing off Brian" thing, then three episodes later Brian's back and status quo is maintained.

• Options
    Ah ok, yeah it will be reset. Unless there is more story to tell there.

Finished the Simpsons, it fell flat as usual. As soon as they focused on jerkass Homer I knew that Marge would sacrifice her success for him, but it's such a small scale change relatively I don't know why they didn't run with Mayor marge for a few episodes, it's not like there is any life left in Quimby or home body Marge.