As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    orangemo8orangemo8 Registered User regular
    Episode summaries for October 11

Lisa stays home from school to explore the wonders of Western art. She appears as Lisanardo, while Bart takes the shape of a French impressionist, Homer and Marge as Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo, and Maggie as a warrior Cupid in the all-new "Now Museum, Now You Don't" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 11 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3121) (TV-PG D, L, V)

When the Ladies of Greenpoint hire Jenny to help run their gala, Jenny's desire to fit in leads to a strain in her relationship with Brenda. Meanwhile, Betty looks into cosmetic surgery after becoming self-conscious about her age and Wayne takes Violet to his new job as a window washer in the all-new "My Best Frenda" episode of BLESS THE HARTS airing Sunday, Oct. 11 (8:31-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BHR-112) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Bob agrees to be the temporary chef at the Fischoeders' new nightclub. Meanwhile, the kids get a hold of a stock tank and decide to throw a pool party in the restaurant basement in the all-new "Copa-Bob-bana" episode of BOB'S BURGERS airing Sunday, Oct. 11 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BOB-1002) (TV-PG D, L, V)

When Peter injures himself and a family of squirrels in a chainsaw accident, Chris and Stewie take in one of the injured rodents to nurse it back to health. Meanwhile, a chiropractor fixes Peter's injury by realigning his spine - and restoring him to his "true height" of 6'5" in the all-new "Boys & Squirrels" episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, Oct. 11 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FG-1802) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Also Bless the Harts table read tomorrow at 10am PST

• Options
    Crappy Death Day

The table read can be accessed here:
    Please join r/blesstheharts over at Reddit for a discussion of the episode and table read of episode 206. The episode is scheduled to air the week after Thanksgiving, according to showrunner Andy Bobrow. Co-writers are Rich Blomquist and Lauren McGuire. Director is Michael Baylis. Ken Jeong (Community) and David Herman (Bob's Burgers, Futurama) guest star.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blesstheharts/comments/iuncvi/live_table_read_discussion_of_crappy_death_day/

I thought it was pretty damn funny. Far better comedy than the first season. Not an actual review yet though.

• Options
    Bob's Burgers and Simpsons lost to rick and morty for the emmy awards.

• Options
    Bob's Burgers and Family Guy have scored additional 2 seasons and Simpsons deal to be determined later this year.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Well, we've got new voice actors for Family Guy and The Simpsons. Arif Zahir is doing Cleveland -- and apparently part of his rise on YouTube was due to his spot-on imitation of Cleveland. His work won't show up for a while (maybe not till next season?).

Meanwhile Carl's now done by Alex Desert, though it's unclear if his performance for last night's episode is permanent or if it's a one-off.

Still no word on what's happening with Apu.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The new Carl sounds nothing like the old Carl. Must be one good impersonator out there. He doesn't even sound age-appropriate, sounds like an old man.

EDit: Marge's voice sounds so pained now.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I know I really don’t watch the Simpsons much anymore, but I am stoked that Mike Duncan, Creator of ‘The History of Rome’ and ‘Revolutions’ podcasts (And really decent dude, I feel) has consulting credit on an upcoming episode, based on... you guessed it, Ancient Rome.

It’s always nice to see a person that started out small, grow and succeed. (Also, check out his podcasts, they’re great)

• Options
    The ancient Rome episode of The Simpsons was really good! Absolutely loaded with detail. The background artists went nuts.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Meaning we will once again uphold the tradition of having the Simpsons Halloween special after Halloween.

• Options
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Wow, new Carl sounds ... terrible. Oh well. New Cleveland is spot on tho.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Nosf wrote: »
    Wow, new Carl sounds ... terrible. Oh well. New Cleveland is spot on tho.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m-klyx3zEc8

He doesn't sound that different to me, honestly.

EDIT: Huh, the new voice of Cleveland did a video about how to sound like Cleveland two years ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbTYyfg-38

Looking into it more, his Cleveland impressions on his YouTube channel were what got him the job.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Its not as deep and its missing that brooklyn twang classic Carl had but he could get there.

I mean eventually everybodys gonna sound different. Disney hires understudies. This may not be the permanent Carl

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Mike Henry has still voiced Cleveland this season. The new voice for Cleveland likely won't be heard on the show until either later this season or next.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The Bob's Burgers movie still exists! Despite the pandemic and the fact that the creative team is juggling like 47 different shows, they're still working on it. And apparently the pandemic has given them the time to really polish it and get it right. They still want to release it to movie theaters, assuming movie theaters are still a thing whenever this ends.

• Options
    And as if the Bob's Burgers folks aren't busy enough, writer/producers Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin have taken on a new writing project:

• Options
    That's actually pretty reassuring

• Options
    The Simpsons has been pretty interesting lately -- they're starting to do episodes that don't really feature the Simpsons much at all. One was a road trip with Skinner and Chalmers, and another was a send-up of crappy Christmas romantic comedies where a guest character comes to Springfield and falls for Skinner.

I wonder if that's a conscious change Disney's letting them do? I don't remember anything like that in the show in the past. (Whenever episodes focused on side characters, the Simpsons had to be involved.) Kind of reminds me of the proposed spinoff Fox shot down that would focus on side characters. At any rate, it's interesting and I hope it continues. (Though, uh, maybe we've explored Skinner enough for now.)

• Options
    Josh Weinstein participated (boy, did he) on an epic twitter thread where he explained/clarified tons and tons and tons of jokes from the early days of the show. Well worth a read.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    The Great north is up on Hulu

I Obviously not sure if its decent or great yet but it has potential. None of the kids seem much like the Belchers ( The youngest son is wearing a bear parka thing but seems more like the dad than Louise) and one is openly gay so thats neat.
    Jenny Slate is good as the lead kid Judy. The jokes and banter are solid. Beef the dad is basically Ron Swanson( also voiced by Nick Offerman) bur honestly that's not a bad start point if you want people to know a character without a lot of set up

Its ok. A good start I guess

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Seem to be doing more continuity since now Comic Book Guy is going to be a father. Complete waste of Dan Aykroyd though.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Dan Aykroyd is a waste of himself tbh

• Options
    Dan Aykroyd is a waste of himself tbh

Let's step outside Jay.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    My husband has been watching Bless the Harts and after catching a lot of it in the background I have come to realize that I have underestimated this show. It can be really damn funny. I hope it gets a third season.

• Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Josh Weinstein participated (boy, did he) on an epic twitter thread where he explained/clarified tons and tons and tons of jokes from the early days of the show. Well worth a read.

My takeaway from this is that a lot of people apparently don't understand absurdism and non sequitur. A lot of his responses are basically "No, there's no deeper meaning to this joke, we just thought it was a funny thing to say".

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    And as if the Bob's Burgers folks aren't busy enough, writer/producers Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin have taken on a new writing project:

Some real energy there:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49AcTLAe4kk

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wow, what a shitting start to 2021. RIP to Bob's Burgers Lead Character Designer Dave Creek

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bobs-burger-lead-character-designer-dave-creek-dies-1234881178/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Wow, what a shitting start to 2021. RIP to Bob's Burgers Lead Character Designer Dave Creek

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bobs-burger-lead-character-designer-dave-creek-dies-1234881178/

That's shitty. Skydiving: Not even once unless terminally ill.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Shitting hell.

Fuck this year already.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    That super sucks, but I'm not about to go blaming whatever particular year it is for risks someone took upon themselves. I love Bobs Burgs and his talents will be missed, and those little tree houses look dope.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    I mean if anything you should be blaming 1783

• Options
    DanHibiki wrote: »

*Googling so hard right now*

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »

it's like you don't even know who Louis Sebastien Lenormand is...

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Well I know who he is now

Cristoval on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »

it's like you don't even know who Louis Sebastien Lenormand is...

I'll admit to not knowing it off the top of my head. I'm more up on the Montgolfier Brothers and their balloons, thanks in no small part to Connor Macleod.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    My husband has been watching Bless the Harts and after catching a lot of it in the background I have come to realize that I have underestimated this show. It can be really damn funny. I hope it gets a third season.

I hate to break you the bad news, but based on how Fox has treated this show recently, it's likely not getting a third.

• Options
    orangemo8 wrote: »

I hate to break you the bad news, but based on how Fox has treated this show recently, it's likely not getting a third.

The fact that Fox literally doesn't have any internal production studios anymore might help.

• Options
    The music factory defibrillators killed me.

• Options
    orangemo8 wrote: »

The fact that Fox literally doesn't have any internal production studios anymore might help.

They have the new Fox Entertainment, which falls under Fox Media LLC as its legal copyright name. Bless the Harts, Duncanville, Housebroken, and the Great North are co-produced by this company.