As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good job ripping off of Apt Pupil, Seth...

You don't know what a parody is do you?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just got into bob's burgers after realizing it had H. Jon Benjamin, and after the sexy zombie dancing dream sequence it's in my definite follow list. This week's wasn't too good though :(

Agahnim on
    2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Agreed. For the most part I've liked Bob's Burgers so far, but this week just wasn't very good.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    ctowsleyctowsley Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think my two least favorite episodes so far were the cow one and this weeks, and I got a few laughs out of even those two.

ctowsley on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This week was pretty bad all around, in my opinion...I couldn't even finish watching Family Guy

jackisreal on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Was watching the Rapture episode of American Dad. Such a fantastic ep.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Cleveland Show: Homophobia is wrong, but Bisexual erasure is totally fine you guys

Welp... That's the last episode I'll ever see.
    For real this time...

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You were watching the Cleveland Show for its morals and themes?

BubbaT on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "Bisexual erasure?" Should I even ask?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »

There are people who think bisexuality is a myth perpetuated by the sexually confused. So they say there is no such thing as a bisexual. Bisexual erasure.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

There are people who think bisexuality is a myth perpetuated by the sexually confused. So they say there is no such thing as a bisexual. Bisexual erasure.

I was afraid of that. And the Cleveland Show is advocating that, huh? Erf.

What's truly depressing is that I've heard of some gays being hostile towards bisexuals for pretty much the same reason.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I was afraid of that. And the Cleveland Show is advocating that, huh? Erf.

What's truly depressing is that I've heard of some gays being hostile towards bisexuals for pretty much the same reason.

Yeah. This isn't really the thread to discuss it, but bisexuals typically get hassled from both ends of the spectrum, when the reality is there are probably more true bisexuals then pure gay or straight people. But whatever... trying to expect that level of discourse from the Cleveland show is pretty ambitious.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I say there's nothing but bisexuals. Well, bisexuals and denialists.

But anyways, I have no idea what this has to do with Fox cartoons. Is the subject supposed to be off-limits to jokes or something? McFarlane's shows routinely make fun of stuff like rape, murder, etc.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I watched an episode of Conan last night that had Seth MacFarlane on. As much as I hate what Family Guy has become, I can't help but like Seth himself.

During the interview Conan asked if there was any difficulty in translating the show to other languages. Seth replied by bringing up the Jemimah's Witnesses joke from the pilot episode (Jehovah's Witness + Aunt Jemimah pancakes). "I don't know how that pun would translate into other languages. I'm just afraid that in some country they replaced the line with Peter saying 'Oh look, a slave.'"

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    BubbaT wrote: »

But anyways, I have no idea what this has to do with Fox cartoons. Is the subject supposed to be off-limits to jokes or something? McFarlane's shows routinely make fun of stuff like rape, murder, etc.

Terry (who's the show's equivalent of Quagmire), is shown making out with a dude in a gay bar (which the characters just happen to find). The character ends up explaining that he's done both dudes and guys

Then the dude the character was making out with says he's gay, because bisexuality apparently doesn't exist in this trainwreck of a fucking show. They get married. The end.

The whole thing just screamed of pandering to me. Didn't they already do a gay rights episode like, two times now on Seth's shows?

Anyway, I'm really liking Bob's Burgers. This would SHINE on AS in my opinion.

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Terry (who's the show's equivalent of Quagmire), is shown making out with a dude in a gay bar (which the characters just happen to find). The character ends up explaining that he's done both dudes and guys

Then the dude the character was making out with says he's gay, because bisexuality apparently doesn't exist in this trainwreck of a fucking show. They get married. The end.

The whole thing just screamed of pandering to me. Didn't they already do a gay rights episode like, two times now on Seth's shows?

I feel...confused. I assume that thing in the first paragraph is a typo, but why does it matter if the dude Terry's making out with is gay? Or do you mean Terry's dude said TERRY was gay? Even if true, do we assume the character is implied to be right? I mean, a few weeks ago Meg Griffin said that homosexuality is a choice, but I assume that was just her being stupid. Not that it was a particularly good joke.

That's an odd point to make in the McFarlaneverse, anyway. I mean, you'll have a hard time finding a female character who ISN'T bisexual at this point. Or arguably Stewie for that matter.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I feel...confused. I assume that thing in the first paragraph is a typo, but why does it matter if the dude Terry's making out with is gay? Or do you mean Terry's dude said TERRY was gay? Even if true, do we assume the character is implied to be right? I mean, a few weeks ago Meg Griffin said that homosexuality is a choice, but I assume that was just her being stupid. Not that it was a particularly good joke.

That's an odd point to make in the McFarlaneverse, anyway. I mean, you'll have a hard time finding a female character who ISN'T bisexual at this point. Or arguably Stewie for that matter.

Yeah, I meant to say that. Many apologies.

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yup some gays are as hostile towards bisexuals as Republicans are towards gays. Is sad really, but a topic for another thread.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm done talking about it. It was just a minor nitpick, honestly. The show was terrible either way.

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I turned off the Cleveland show this week.

Maybe I'm just too old, but an episode about eating boogers just doesn't click with me.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Malkor wrote: »

Maybe I'm just too old, but an episode about eating boogers just doesn't click with me.

The second biggest reason that episode was utter shit.

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Malkor wrote: »

The second biggest reason that episode was utter shit.

But... one of those boogers was voiced by Justin Timberlake! It should have been the episode of the century!

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I like American Dad being on at 7:30. It means I don't have to watch a bunch of shit just to watch a good show.

Can watch it and The Simpsons and Bobs Burgers then change the channel.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why must there always be skip weeks of new episodes on Fox Sunday. Air the shows against the Oscars, no one who regularly watches American Dad will be drawn to red carpet shows and whatnot.

At least it's the Christmas episode with the epic fight scene at the end.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ds.jpg

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Welp, you heard the man. The Big Momma's House trilogy means we deserved 9-11.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Any person that produces "American Dad" deserves everything that comes to him.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Remember that one time that Seth MacFarlene complained about a movie series that was similar quality to 90% of his current work?

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Any person that produces "American Dad" deserves everything that comes to him.

...money and success?

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Meh... Seth isn't wrong, but it does seem to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. But not going to lie, I would rather watch every episode of the Cleveland Show over and over again then 10 minutes of Big Mama's House. Any of them.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    GodDAMN man, that's one fuck of a decision right there! Watching every episode of the Cleveland Show or watching Big Mama's House 3...

That's like, choosing whether to have brain cancer or to have Sarah Palin as the President... For two terms.

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know what I just realized the other night? One of Roger's personalities in the horse race episode is "Ira Seagull." As in Ira the seagull from when they were stranded on the island.

Invisible on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And just like that we have the most horrifying Simpsons episode in history.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm enjoying this Bob's Burgers episode. Gene has had some pretty funny one-liners.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, tonight's Simpsons... what the flying fuck?

Bob's Burgers has been great so far though.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I thought Bob's Burgers was the only new episode in the schedule tonight. I was so sad when American Dad was a repeat (and on top of it I thought it was the Rad bike episode like in the commercial but it was the season premiere).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bob's Burgers is so fucking weird. And funny.

Kyougu on