As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starcraft 2: Announcing National Announcement Service, Ltd

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Robman wrote: »
    I'll be as snarky as one should be when one is running experiments in the lab instead of 6pooling motherfuckers on spring break like everyone else

Your spring break is in February?!

Welcome to Canada. Our 'spring break' is this week.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I mean, most of my spring breaks have been pretty chilly. Not Canada cold or anything, but there has been snow from time to time.

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man and I thought my spring break being in the 2nd week of March was early.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    beat a masters player in a custom

that always feels good

he never made colossus so I had so many medivacs

also he never upgraded so that pretty much won it for me

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    everybody stop lazing around

and watch a master work

the master

of chill

its nony

just watch tyler okay

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    damn it you beat me

Variable on
  • Options
    EzekielEzekiel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There needs to be at least 1 high lvl zerg stream out there that isn't full of losses.

(Lol basetradeloss tyler)

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
    I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you. I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. - Ezekiel 32: 4-6
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    is it just me

or is nony bad at base racing

didnt even pull probes to put pylons and a nexus in some random place

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    what server is he on

his account on us is higher than that right?

Variable on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is a smurf, yes.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    his achievements that he was getting weren't showing the actual achievement text, just the icon and points

so i would assume its a korean account?

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ezekiel wrote: »
    There needs to be at least 1 high lvl zerg stream out there that isn't full of losses.

(Lol basetradeloss tyler)
    Watch DongRaeGu next time he's on Xeph's stream. The guy is insane.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Did Nony just lose two in a row? Then its probably this one on the KR server

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MrBitter's 12 weeks w da pros thing doing ling/bane v P right now.

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
    I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you. I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. - Ezekiel 32: 4-6
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can't watch the stream but.... I knew it!!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    pretty interesting build

not going to say if its viable just off of this sample

but i think it should be explored

gives him a ton of map control, he got his third at 7 minutes

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sucks I can't see the stream but it should give you enough map control early and early-mid game with just banes and slings to take a third or get a super early macro hatch.

You should be able to add infestors rather early and get even more map control. Might also need to go hydra if he goes air. Should be OK to avoid roaches altogether (maybe... haven't tried this bit yet).

Most of this is theory craft... I tried it vs a low-master toss recently and it worked very well up to the lair part, where my brain just shut down.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    he got hive tech really fast and got infestors with all the trimmings and ultras up too

at this point its just a late game pvz

ultras are really good though so

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm confused. Isn't this suppose to show the validity of ling/bling vs protoss? I saw no blings. Toss just left him alone for the first 20 minutes or so and then it turned into ultra/ling/broodlord. *yawn*

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    TheBog wrote: »
    I'm confused. Isn't this suppose to show the validity of ling/bling vs protoss? I saw no blings. Toss just left him alone for the first 20 minutes or so and then it turned into ultra/ling/broodlord. *yawn*

he went ling/blings early just to get map dominance to get early third and stuff

the toss couldnt move out even in the midgame due to fear of a sling/bling counterattack killing off his base (although i do agree the protoss was pretty damn passive)

i think it could potentially be a thing

but who knows

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    MashimaroMashimaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Soooo... TL's post on the GSL this season has team power rankings. If I remember right, they rated IM #1 and OGS/Liquid #2, I'm at work - so I can't check for sure what the others are, but I noticed it only included teams currently competing in the GSL. So, two questions for you guys: 1) Do you agree with their rankings and 2) Where do you think teams like Root, EG, Mouz, ect. would fit into the rankings (if they were competeing in Korea)

Mashimaro on
    463084-1.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This next game on MrBitters is gonna be the exact same I think.

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    mouz has a couple of players that I think could possibly compete

idk about root. I love kiwi and qxc but I don't think I'd place them at that level yet. maybe I'm wrong.

EG has idra at the least, and incontrol came as close as huk to qualifying for gsl... difference being huk practiced his ass off in korea following that and incontrol started announcing announcements.

Variable on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ezekiel wrote: »
    This next game on MrBitters is gonna be the exact same I think.

Yeah.. first banelings come out around the 17 minute mark. Proceed not to do much of anything.

TheBog on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You know what's awesome? A mis-rallied colossus walking straight through a bunch of siege tanks.

Luckily I recovered because, hey, bronze.

Graviija on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Infinite forcefields. So irritating.

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Graviija wrote: »
    You know what's awesome? A mis-rallied colossus walking straight through a bunch of siege tanks.

Luckily I recovered because, hey, bronze.

I totally know what you mean... On my way up to Gold I kept making mistakes that I was like "wow, I can't believe I just lost my whole army and an expo because I suck - I'm so glad that you suck enough that you'll let me recover from that and beat you anyways..."

Mashimaro on
    463084-1.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    mouz has a couple of players that I think could possibly compete

idk about root. I love kiwi and qxc but I don't think I'd place them at that level yet. maybe I'm wrong.

EG has idra at the least, and incontrol came as close as huk to qualifying for gsl... difference being huk practiced his ass off in korea following that and incontrol started announcing announcements.

Root has played some team show matches that they've done well in - and they have some very creative players. I think they would make the list if they were playing in Korea... Maybe closer to the bottom, but I think they'd make the list.

I really only know mouz because they have MaNa - I've learned a lot about fending off harassment well from his games. Looove MaNa - but I really don't know their lineup otherwise... who else do you like on their roster? (Naama?)

EDIT: Here's the site for anyone that wants to look at TL's predictions for the GSL and team power rankings:

www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=194454

Mashimaro on
    463084-1.png
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    dignitas is unbeaten in the gcpl, liquids only loss is to dignitas, mouz is 3rd i think? roots not doing very well in it

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I believe mouz is 3rd, EG is 4th.

ROOT isn't doing well because they're only a decent team. qxc is almost certainly their best player.

Which is not to say that Catz and drewbie et al are bad, but they're not quite as good as many other pros. I don't believe that ROOT has ever had a top tournament finish, for instance, while mouz, EG, Liquid, and dignitas all have.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Jesus TreeEskimo (high level LoL player) is master rank in SC2, he plays zerg and is streaming. He is going off about how Zerg is underpowered and high level games are lost because of map positions and such.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Jesus TreeEskimo (high level LoL player) is master rank in SC2, he plays zerg and is streaming. He is going off about how Zerg is underpowered and high level games are lost because of map positions and such.

hes talked about making time for csl matches and stuff while playing league so i always assumed

i am gonna go peep his stream though

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    How the hell is he pr/near pro level at two completely different games? All while going to school.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Map positions are definitely a huge problem.

Things like close position on metalopolis should not be allowed to happen.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    How the hell is he pr/near pro level at two completely different games? All while going to school.

its all strategy games so

i wouldn't call him pro either, just high level

if he was high level quake 3 and like high level sc2 i would be more impressed

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah no pro, just high level.

He micros way, way too much. Like that is all he is doing.

hahahahah tree "There are no trolls in SC2"

end of his match he is getting shit talked and pissed.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's because he's a LoL player.

That game is all about the sick microez, yo.

You see the same thing when War3 players make the transition a lot of the time: they have awesome micro, and their macro is lacking.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    3clipse wrote: »
    I believe mouz is 3rd, EG is 4th.

ROOT isn't doing well because they're only a decent team. qxc is almost certainly their best player.

Which is not to say that Catz and drewbie et al are bad, but they're not quite as good as many other pros. I don't believe that ROOT has ever had a top tournament finish, for instance, while mouz, EG, Liquid, and dignitas all have.

All fair enough... still, if Dignitas is beating Liquid in gcpl, while mouz and EG are pushing up on them in 3rd and 2nd - how would you rank them against the Korean teams (IM, TSL, SlayerS, Prime, ect.)?

Just fyi, I haven't followed the teams very much in the past so I'm curious how good/not so good you guys think these teams are - especially given that many of them don't have players in Korea right now to directly compare with GSL players.

Mashimaro on
    463084-1.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    3clipse wrote: »
    It's because he's a LoL player.

That game is all about the sick microez, yo.

You see the same thing when War3 players make the transition a lot of the time: they have awesome micro, and their macro is lacking.

Yeah I guess, I think the micro in LOL is pretty simple though, one unit with 4 abilities...pretty simple.

I really need to quit being lazy and get into this game, someone make fun of me until I give in. Peer pressure also works.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Micro in LoL is more complicated than it seems. Lots of little positioning things, jukes, attack paths, etc.

As for Korean teams, I don't know, I don't really know about entire "teams." Like the only IM players I know are really MVP and NesTea, MC is the only oGs player I really know, etc.

3cl1ps3 on