Options

[Dead Island] Please post in new thread

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    *sigh* So many straight up bugged and broken quests.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    To be fair I'm in Act 2 and have done a bunch of quests and this is the first one to bug on me. But obviously that's anecdotal and I'm sure other people are having worse luck.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Agent PropagandiAgent Propagandi Registered User regular
    coffin joe wrote:
    Then I jumped up on a car and I saw the City in a new light.

Cars are like little islands of semi-safety. Running from car to car can be tense and fun and you look at your surroundings in a totally different way kinda. It's not totally safe as suiciders can get close but taking them out with a gun is easy enough.

I prefer to be in the car, driving it. The vehicles are hilariously overpowered except when driving into a suicider :( It is possible to take out Rams and other special zombies in a single contact in most cases. Just a pity it is so easy to get the car stuck. Damn those immovable sandcastles, trashcans, umbrellas, etc
    I even got the laboratory 4x4 into the natives arena area, which made for an interesting encounter.

Steam | Origin: AgentProp | Website
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote:
    So I made it to the Russian guy's restaurant and talked to the guy in the back. I didn't get the phone and the quest suddenly vanished from my log and went into the completed category. Is this quest bugged too?

Same happened for me. I'm assuming it's bugged, yes. I'm gonna go speak to the Russian guy again tonight (if I can find him) to see if maybe he now has another quest.

No it is not bugged. The next stage of that quest is in Act 3, in the Jungle.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Streaming again

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    So...anyone found any purple/orange firearms? I've only seen a green pistol and I'm really far into Act 2.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular

I have not had a single bugged quest and neither did my friend. We've been playing for 16 hours now.
    You seem to have terrible luck with games, Spaniard.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Actually, it isn't bugged. If you listen to the Russian dude in the restaurant, they went into the jungle. You're going to have to find their Bunker.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote:
    Can someone explain what the Piranha mod does? The description in the game is incredibly unclear, and the wiki just copy/pastes it without any details. Does it just crit more often?

yeah it adds a blade to the top of your blunt weapon increasing your chances of getting a crit. my sledgehammer also seems to have an easier time taking off limbs with this mod.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote:
    So I made it to the Russian guy's restaurant and talked to the guy in the back. I didn't get the phone and the quest suddenly vanished from my log and went into the completed category. Is this quest bugged too?

Same happened for me. I'm assuming it's bugged, yes. I'm gonna go speak to the Russian guy again tonight (if I can find him) to see if maybe he now has another quest.

I didn't even make it that far...

I got the quest to get the phone, but when I go to the city, it said I already did that shit, and gave me the next step of the quest. I suppose its better than losing the quest altogether, though...

Fortunately thats the only bugged quest I've encountered.

For anyone deciding between PC or console for this game, I'd say go console. Wayyyyy less bullshit to deal with. Awesome game either way, hope it gets a sequel!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Anyone been killed by kicking a beachball on the 360? HILARIOUS. I'm convinced that the beachballs are behind everything.

• Options
    Anyone been killed by kicking a beachball on the 360? HILARIOUS. I'm convinced that the beachballs are behind everything.

Haven't been killed, been injured by one.

One time I was trekking back to the lighthouse from Sveti's bungalow, and noticed a dead body hung over the railing. I kicked it and its foot hit me and I lost 1 and 1/2 health squares...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote:
    So...anyone found any purple/orange firearms? I've only seen a green pistol and I'm really far into Act 2.

Yea i found a purple hand gun. It's called Super Fast Magnum. It's ok i guess, i don't like it cause i can't mod it as a normal pistol. I mean, i can't add the shock mod too it. It's got great reload, and huge dmg...but acc is kinda crap, and rate of fire blows hard. I know they exist, so just keep looking. Found mine in a Tier 3 chest.

One chest i found has guns most of the time, police station. In the room near the cells, with the thug, theres a chest by the bench. I've found shotguns in there 2/4 times i've opened it. The other time was machette, and the other was a pistol, all poor quality, but hey if your in a pinch...

• Options
    Lanrutcon wrote:

I'm about to do the second half of the radio tower quest in the slums, not sure its stats, but the reward is a blue pistol.

Also, Magnums fucking suck... :x

• Options
    So PS3 players, I was on last night, and couldn't do multiplayer. I tried several different times. The game lobby just doesn't have...well anything. Has anyone tried MP on the PS3? Am i doing something wrong? Yes i'm connected, i downloaded some Dues Ex DLC that I hadn't picked up yet to verify.

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    coffin joe wrote:
    BUT I'm pretty sure weapons go in your hand in the reverse order you pick them up from the ground (and go back into empty slots). So if you throw a knife, axe, bat and then pick them up in the order of BAT - AXE - KNIFE, you will throw out your knife, then axe, then bat. That looks confusing but I hope its clear?

I don't understand how picking up weapons works at all. Sometimes when I pick up a weapon, it will just replace my currently equipped weapon, or replace some other random weapon. I'm not holding down the use button, and my inventory is not always full when this happens. But I can't see any rhyme or reason to it. Very bizarre. Other than that though, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Haven't run into any other bugs so far.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Lanrutcon wrote:

I'm about to do the second half of the radio tower quest in the slums, not sure its stats, but the reward is a blue pistol.

Also, Magnums fucking suck... :x

Liking the 9mm pistols so far (modded) and I got an AK variant that's beautiful when fired in bursts.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Found an Orange Wakizashi in the Jungle vendor.

700~ base damage.

Boo fricken YEAH

(I'm level 29)

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Vi Monks wrote:
    coffin joe wrote:
    BUT I'm pretty sure weapons go in your hand in the reverse order you pick them up from the ground (and go back into empty slots). So if you throw a knife, axe, bat and then pick them up in the order of BAT - AXE - KNIFE, you will throw out your knife, then axe, then bat. That looks confusing but I hope its clear?

I don't understand how picking up weapons works at all. Sometimes when I pick up a weapon, it will just replace my currently equipped weapon, or replace some other random weapon. I'm not holding down the use button, and my inventory is not always full when this happens. But I can't see any rhyme or reason to it. Very bizarre. Other than that though, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Haven't run into any other bugs so far.

You probably have an open quick inventory slot. I believe if you have a slot open and pick up and item, you'll equip it.

Edit: I'll be waiting for when that stream is uploaded @Seguer. I really want to see what the hell that flying car moment was about.

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Morblitz wrote:
    Vi Monks wrote:
    coffin joe wrote:

You probably have an open quick inventory slot. I believe if you have a slot open and pick up and item, you'll equip it.

Equip it AND switch to it. Which is weird.

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Morblitz wrote:
    Vi Monks wrote:
    coffin joe wrote:

Equip it AND switch to it. Which is weird.

That happens as well, but I've definitely had numerous times where all my quick inventory slots are full, and yet I'll pick up a weapon, and it will unequip my currently equipped weapon and switch to the new one. It's like the game thinks I'm holding down the use button or something. It's not a huge deal, but it is annoying having to go into the main inventory screen every other pickup.

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    texasheat wrote:
    So PS3 players, I was on last night, and couldn't do multiplayer. I tried several different times. The game lobby just doesn't have...well anything. Has anyone tried MP on the PS3? Am i doing something wrong? Yes i'm connected, i downloaded some Dues Ex DLC that I hadn't picked up yet to verify.
    I know there's issues with half the player-base running the (now pulled) patch and half running v1.0, but I'm not sure if you should still see everyone in the lobby. I haven't tried myself yet.

Debating how much longer I should wait before trying to get a refund on this broken product. Not assuming I'd have any luck in this venture but if this was a toaster I'd already have my money back. *rabblerabble*

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Theres a car on a billboard in chapter 1. I thought it was a glitch at first. Also, too many infected, they're not hard just really annoying. And I picked upt the torch mod which bought a weird glitch to the fore; fire textures don't seen to always appear. If I throw a molotov there'll be a hazy effect showing heat but no visible fire. Its only until I go into the inventory and back in game that the effect shows up.

• Options
    Big Isy wrote:
    Theres a car on a billboard in chapter 1. I thought it was a glitch at first. Also, too many infected, they're not hard just really annoying. And I picked upt the torch mod which bought a weird glitch to the fore; fire textures don't seen to always appear. If I throw a molotov there'll be a hazy effect showing heat but no visible fire. Its only until I go into the inventory and back in game that the effect shows up.

I've had this too, specially in the sewers.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    After completing the game with Purna I have to say Xian is just so much more fun. The amount of damage you deal with sharp weapons from behind is insane. Can't wait to get a decent katana with Xian.

• Options
    Lanrutcon wrote:
    Liking the 9mm pistols so far (modded) and I got an AK variant that's beautiful when fired in bursts.

Yeah, the 9mm's do decent damage and have a good RoF. The magnums however... they don't do enough damage for how slow they fire...

Also, is it not possible to break a Thug's leg? I wail on em with a sledgehammer and nothin... Run it over with a truck and nothin, even pinned one against another truck with a truck and nothing.

• Options
    I used a heavy Gabrials Sledgehammer, orange named modded, had something in the 1200+ force dmg and couldn't break a thugs legs....IMO they are unbreakable....

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    On sam B I had 39 deaths in my complete game, I can easily see Xian doubling that. Moresby is murdering her by the death of a thousand cheap hits. Without any kind of health regen on her own like Sam has or even an on kill blood lust she's just getting winged and wacked to death.

She's murder on wheels, but the glassiest of a glass cannon.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    Adda wrote:

Same happened to me so I assumed so.

Nah, you'll get the next leg of the quest in the Jungle automatically when you arrive. It's a weird quest, but it's not bugged.

Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • Options
    XenoCrashXenoCrash Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote:

In Act 3 I found an orange shotgun in a chest. It's called "Shotgun".

• Options
    XenoCrash wrote:
    Lanrutcon wrote:

In Act 3 I found an orange shotgun in a chest. It's called "Shotgun".

Found an orange hammer the same. On my first playthrough in chests I found around 7 oranges. Most of them were just plain named and honestly didn't look that good.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Best way to get items of level is checking vendors. Its why I keep a good supply of cash around. Especially for Xian and her machette habit (I love addding shock, though I freaking hate that I tend to also get myself a bit nicked by their thrashing zombie bullshit).

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel that the kick is the best thing ever? I mean, I'm Sam B, i'm kicking everything. I rarely use my melee weapons, even in hordes. The only time i use it is when i'm attacked by 3+ infected, or any of the big guys, thugs rams etc. But if i could kick a thug or ram down...you damn strait i would....

• Options
    zehkalzehkal Registered User regular
    Successfully dispatching a group of 5 infected that all rushed me at once was very satisfying.

*zehkal
    USEast Ladder SC (muted key T.T)
  • Options
    texasheat wrote:
    Does anyone else feel that the kick is the best thing ever? I mean, I'm Sam B, i'm kicking everything. I rarely use my melee weapons, even in hordes. The only time i use it is when i'm attacked by 3+ infected, or any of the big guys, thugs rams etc. But if i could kick a thug or ram down...you damn strait i would....

Kick is useful, but when you get a solid weapon with magic wand on it, you'll tear through enemies a lot easier by knocking them into the rafters. On Xian I just use kick as a brush back and it doesn't always work out, could just be how I play, but its a lot easier to swipe and dodge backwards/circle strafe due to the death of a thousand cuts my xian runs into on single player.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Side note from the back of my head:

Does anyone wish for duel wielding? I would love to have a magic wand + schorching mace...just saying...

• Options
    texasheat wrote:
    Side note from the back of my head:

Does anyone wish for duel wielding? I would love to have a magic wand + schorching mace...just saying...

I've thought of that, but at the same time double weapon breaking and stamina draining like a mofo, especially since at least on Sam (not so much on Xian) that swinging the one handers tended to dry my stamina like whoa.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote:
    texasheat wrote:

Kick is useful, but when you get a solid weapon with magic wand on it, you'll tear through enemies a lot easier by knocking them into the rafters. On Xian I just use kick as a brush back and it doesn't always work out, could just be how I play, but its a lot easier to swipe and dodge backwards/circle strafe due to the death of a thousand cuts my xian runs into on single player.

I have magic wand, like 4 of em. Love em. Still, as Sam B, if i kick em down i can jump on heads without stopping and save weapons, and money, for other things.

• Options
    texasheat wrote:
    I have magic wand, like 4 of em. Love em. Still, as Sam B, if i kick em down i can jump on heads without stopping and save weapons, and money, for other things.

Bah much more fun to smash mofos and use up some durability then just knock them down and play mario on them. Though if its a single zombie I will just knock and stomp.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote:
    That happens as well, but I've definitely had numerous times where all my quick inventory slots are full, and yet I'll pick up a weapon, and it will unequip my currently equipped weapon and switch to the new one. It's like the game thinks I'm holding down the use button or something. It's not a huge deal, but it is annoying having to go into the main inventory screen every other pickup.

This is also delightful when you've just crafted yourself some explosives, and then you leave that screen and inadvertently end up throwing a molotov into the wall in front of you. Doubly entertaining (for the others in your game) when you realize that your inventory was actually full, and you've also left molotovs at your feet - which also take part in the firestorm.

Oh, boy.

Better is when you're tossing weapons at a Ram's back quickly and and don't realize the last bladed weapon you tossed was a knifebomb, and then your friend decides to rush into melee with the thing while it's distracted.

Oops...

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.