As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dead Island] Please post in new thread

1919293949597»

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I tried using a gun

I was even using iron sights

Maybe I'm a bad shot

Still, I bought this as Zombie Smashing: The Game, I don't want this Shoot Dudes expansion pack

@taliosfalcon, No, they hurt, I died several times, as Sam B

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote:
    Ok

So I just got to Moresby

It's not bad

Except for fucking assholes with guns

Now I'm playing some goddamn stealth game as I duck behind cover trying to get to them so I can crush their head with my bat

Pretty annoying

1) Throw knife at head
    2) Collect gun
    3) Mediocre FPS!
    Or just go "wait a minute..their guns don't do much damage at all..i might as well just run up and bash all their hands in" problem solved

On sam b with the bullet damage reduction, it was actually fun and a break. But on Xian they murdered me a few times and it was not so fun.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I'd suggest running faster then ;) I made it through all of moresby without problems by just hitting run and as soon as i saw guys with guns and melee'ing them to death, their aim seems bad enough while your moving i'd often be able to take out 4 or 5 guys losing only a block or two of health, sometimes without getting hit at all.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    See, I just did the pump station mission

I'd kill one, but then another would be like hiding behind something, and while I was preoccupied would put a dozen bullets in my back

Also they seemed more resistant to kicks/jumpkicks

Also all of a sudden my screen made an electrocution sound and my whole game's framerate just dropped, even pulling up the Xbox Home menu lagged, had to just turn the whole system off

Pretty frustrating

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    The first couple times I fought humans, I died horribly because kicking doesn't really work on them for some unknown reason.

But then I got a gun and from then on all humans were easy peasy.

I still have issues with all the Zombies in Moresby, but less so as I've started to learn better tactics. I still think Infected are total windmills of bullshit attacks, but I can deal.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Xian is so fun, but I think I'll go with Logan/Sam B for my no deaths playthrough. Her lack of self healing is really irritating, especially when you come across a bunch of doods on low health. Game is so much better in Act 2 than Act 1 IMO. The city is amazing and actually emphasizes "THIS IS A HORRIBLE OUTBREAK". The resort felt really depopulated and I didn't feel threatened much except for the odd thug and such. Now? I run around wetting my pants on a regular basis while being chased by L4D like hordes of assholes at times. Having to fury and fight my way out was an amazing little experience.

I honestly cannot fathom why anyone doesn't like the city. It makes total sense to be far more dangerous than the beach, because it's the populations center!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, the city definitely nails that feeling that running is probably a better idea than fighting like 90% of the time.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    The only problem really is that the resort teaches you one thing - that being hyper aggressive is okay and then the city mercilessly crushes that. I soon figured out that I had to keep away from the zombies when billions of them were everywhere trying to eat my face off.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I have RAEG!

I'm wandering down the street and I see a charger, he sees me and starts coming at me. So I jump behind a wall for safety and a breather. Then I see a magical leg clip right through the wall and kick me right in the chest taking most of my health with it. I yell out SHIT and jump up onto the roof of an ambulance for safety. A runner then runs right into the ambulance and phases right through it and onto the roof killing me instantly.

I respawn and kill everything and continue down the street, another charger and some walkers. So I go to smack the walker and he leaps at me starting that quicktime sequence to knock them off. While I'm in the middle of the grapple the charger just walks up and kicks me square in the back. I'm in the middle of a locked in animation that you can't do anything while you are stuck in it and I get kicked in the damn back by a charger. I kill off the walkers and second charger. Low on health, but hark a bunch of health items. I get next to no health because of that really fucking stupid bug that should have never got past testing where you DON'T GET HEALTH FROM HEALTH ITEMS!

Oh well, I just have to be really careful now cause I'm close to my objective.

Two more chargers, some walkers, and 4 flaming infected.

RedRage.jpg

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    ITT: We establish TS was the absolute worst human to ever live in a previous life.

Edit: I'd say just DI hates TS, but this isn't the first game to show a personal loathing for 'em.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    yeah, there's some real buggy stuff like that. last night I was doing the little event to bust down a door in one of the abandoned houses, and the infected on the other side hit me through the door while I was locked in the 'door busting' animation (and I didn't break the door, either). he got me a good three times before I could step away.

I wouldn't mind if the game was punishing, but I don't like getting punished for bugs or the game being inconsistent.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    So I've been using the analog fighting controls for the achievement and I've gotten it.

Any reason to continue using the analog controls? Like does it make hitting limbs or dismembering easier?

In my opinion hell no, I have no idea what the giant bomb guy was saying. But I suck with analog controls in anything. They basically made me less mobile, and in the resort it was doable. But Moresby would have raped my face off.

I would say its a disadvantage when you get the talents that give you combos. Once I picked those up, while I was fighting with analog, my weapon would stay readied (If I swung left to right, it would stay right like if I was still holding the stick that way, ready to swing again), and even if I let go of the ready button, if I moved the joystick I would still swing (like, say, if I needed to move the camera to face the other zombies attacking me). I don't know how many times I would try to face the other threats after killing one zombie just to keep swinging my weapon wildly at the now dead body I'm autolocked onto and run myself out of stamina and into a death.

You can target body parts int digital just fine and while it doesn't always pick the best swing (If you're locked onto an arm, it might swing from the side that causes your weapon to hit their body instead of the limb), its still very playable and enjoyable.

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    I have a question about Battle Rage on Logan. It says kills with one-handed weapons gain rage, does that include thrown weapons?

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    I have a question about Battle Rage on Logan. It says kills with one-handed weapons gain rage, does that include thrown weapons?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I've been using the analog scheme and I just hit the city, pretty sure I should have gotten the achievement by now

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    there's an achievement for using analog on the PC
    bwuh?

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    There's apparently a mod that lets you use analog mode with KB&M. Anyone feel like trying it out? That could be nifty.

Die by the Sword: Zombies.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Honestly it makes more sense no the mouse than on anything else.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The first time I tried analog, I shut it off because it gives no explanation on how it actually works. After dying a couple of times because I couldn't even attack, I switched it back to digital.

When I tried it again later, the extra time it takes for the analog scheme to attack really turned me off on it. I much prefer to just be able to swing when I hit attack instead of trying finagle every blow. And with digital, it's not hard at all to land hits where you want them. Swing from the sides for limbs, high for head, low for legs. Easy peezy. It's almost impossible to not be smashing or slicing the crap out of limbs anyway.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I guess I'm one of the few who prefers analog to digital. I just love being able to knock a zombie over the head with a baseball bat so that he keels over and then swing upwards knocking backwards. The added control is priceless for me.

That said, I've only just hit the city so it could very well turn ugly given the extra time you need to wind up for the swing. Its only a fraction of a second but sometimes that's all it takes to turn things around.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I love the control of analog, but I hate that it takes so much longer to swing. When you cut the arm off a thug, for example, and you want to cut off the other... analog is the way to go.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    I kind of wish you could switch between the two. Right trigger attacks, hold left trigger to be able to swing. It would work well that way I think.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    The path is all sorts of annoying in the jungle on the right side of the map. At least, the waypoints are hella stupid. (Maybe it'll become less stupid if that gate on the right side of the village opens up...)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.