As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moon Over [chat]

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    I'm freaking dying maaaannnsss. I've been in bed all day with body aches, constant coughing, and feeling cold but not having a fever. I finished both the nyquil and the dayquil. I want to play D&D tomorrow D:

ugh, fucking body. I got the flu shot, I'M SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTED, DAMMIT.

Don't die, Mim.

And don't look at Moon Over June.

I went to read one (1) strip of it one night, and ended up reading about 25.

I'm trying not to die. I've slept all day but I haven't really eaten anything all day.

I started reading Moon over June and uh...I got to page 5 and stopped. I'm just not feeling in the mood for sexy things today.

Mim on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    FUCK YOUR MITSUBISHI I'VE A HORSE OUTSIDE

Why is this song so controversial

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    I like how Jace is sort of becoming the MTG mascot.

I think he was always intended to be.

The character concept is basically the ultimate wish-fulfillment character for the average Magic player.

A dweeb in a cloak?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I like how Jace is sort of becoming the MTG mascot.

I think he was always intended to be.

The character concept is basically the ultimate wish-fulfillment character for the average Magic player.

A dweeb in a cloak?

Just face in Inqui, you wish you could be Jace too.

Winky on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't know how much of the OP is serious

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't really know a single thing about Jace other than that he is a blue wizard that wears a cloak.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Also, Thom, it seems to me like that Immovable should require a Move action to activate, and moving fast enough to halve or eliminate the rank should require another Move action to restore the ice. After all, the barrier isn't always up, and putting it in place would require a few seconds, and moving quickly enough would logically break it. I'm not trying to min-max here, but that seems like it's worth a few points from the cost. And to absorb that, it also seems like anyone trying to perform the actions that Immovable guards against, like tripping or pushing, should suffer a little for being in close proximity to a great deal of ice.

The OOC thread! And no!

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that I should have posted this in the OOC thread, and that you're turning down the entire proposal?

Correct to both. You're welcome to take immobile. You're welcome to roleplay it however you wish, but I'm not granting points for it. And I'm not going to grant suffering for being close to ice.
    Gotcha. If I think of anything else, which I might, it'll go in there from now on.
    Unless they have a metal tongue and attempt to lick it
    :lol: ...lascivious robots!

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    what is a Jace

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm freaking dying maaaannnsss. I've been in bed all day with body aches, constant coughing, and feeling cold but not having a fever. I finished both the nyquil and the dayquil. I want to play D&D tomorrow D:

ugh, fucking body. I got the flu shot, I'M SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTED, DAMMIT.

Don't die, Mim.

And don't look at Moon Over June.

I went to read one (1) strip of it one night, and ended up reading about 25.

I'm trying not to die. I've slept all day but I haven't really eaten anything all day.

I started reading Moon over June and uh...I got to page 5 and stopped. I'm just not feeling in the mood for sexy things today.

Is it sexy, though?

Is it?

Because I like lesbians performing sex acts on eachother as much as the next redblooded human, but... I duuunnnoooo...

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2011
    Americans love their guns.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    BTW, I played in my first standard tournament today since before it was called standard.

Like, literally. the last constructed tournament I played in was probably in 1996.

I didn't win a single match, but I came really close every time, and my failure points were clearly identifiable.

:^:

I don't ever actually play MTG, because while I would love to I can't force myself to pay more than $3 for a piece of cardboard with pictures, but I try to keep up with the metagame and whatnot.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    what is a Jace

Jace is one of the members of the Ginyu Force, an elite crew of five fighters dedicated to ensuring their master's rule over the various planets in his grasp.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Elki wrote: »

And?

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, I want a double-barreled marshmallow gun.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He's also space Australian.

Kagera on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

And?
    ooh ooooh i know the answer is it

is it their religion

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    what is a Jace

Jace is one of the members of the Ginyu Force, an elite crew of five fighters dedicated to ensuring their master's rule over the various planets in his grasp.
    jace_beleren_by_pyrgusmalvae-d32wcsd.jpg

Winky on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That's much lamer.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He's a handsome young chap in a cloak. Occasionally he sculpts minds. He's also worth like a hundred bucks for some reason.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He's a handsome young chap in a cloak. Occasionally he sculpts minds. He's also worth like a hundred bucks for some reason.

But...you could just print him out. For free.

Kagera on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    He's also worth like a hundred bucks for some reason.

Are you playing a Magic deck?

Does your Magic deck have blue cards?

Then he makes your deck a lot better.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited February 2011
    What WotC should do is, they should hire some people who can actually write and give their protagonists some actual characterisation. Because their worldbuilding is fantastic but the story always lets it down.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

And not be able to play him in the tournaments in which you might win moneys.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Cosplay: I'll never understand it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait Cataclysm has a 10 day free trial

oh god

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Ah yes the lucrative Magic tournament circuit.

Many a millionaire started with MTG.

Kagera on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cosplay: I'll never understand it.

You just haven't seen the right girls in the right costumes. :winky:

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    One of the games I lost today, I lost it because he had Jace and Gideon Jura.

Those two cards pretty much shut down my entire deck.

(That said, I could have prevented that from occurring had I played some of my earlier cards better.)

Feral on

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    Wait Cataclysm has a 10 day free trial

oh god

don't you start

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also, Thom, it seems to me like that Immovable should require a Move action to activate, and moving fast enough to halve or eliminate the rank should require another Move action to restore the ice. After all, the barrier isn't always up, and putting it in place would require a few seconds, and moving quickly enough would logically break it. I'm not trying to min-max here, but that seems like it's worth a few points from the cost. And to absorb that, it also seems like anyone trying to perform the actions that Immovable guards against, like tripping or pushing, should suffer a little for being in close proximity to a great deal of ice.

The OOC thread! And no!

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that I should have posted this in the OOC thread, and that you're turning down the entire proposal?

Correct to both. You're welcome to take immobile. You're welcome to roleplay it however you wish, but I'm not granting points for it. And I'm not going to grant suffering for being close to ice.
    Gotcha. If I think of anything else, which I might, it'll go in there from now on.
    Unless they have a metal tongue and attempt to lick it
    :lol: ...lascivious robots!

Take this energy and spend it working on background details!

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hakkekage wrote: »

And?

is it their religion

No, it's their freedoms. There's no freedoms like an automatic riffle. Just feel the long, hard freedoms. So powerful yet soft to caress. And always ready to shoot spray hot bits of freedoms all over whoever's in front of them.

Yeah, they definitely love guns for the freedoms. No other possible reason.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011

:rolleyes:

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    What WotC should do is, they should hire some people who can actually write and give their protagonists some actual characterisation. Because their worldbuilding is fantastic but the story always lets it down.

I read the book about Jace.

And then I seriously considered writing a fanfiction.

Because there are so many awesome ideas I have for what you could do with the character that Wizards totally squanders.

I mean, the motherfucker walks between worlds and can read minds.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

And?

is it their religion

No, I was waiting for the smug follow-up. People have a thing about Americans and guns, and how stupid blah blah, brutish, blah...

Then again... it's true. I love guns.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

:rolleyes:

I'm just saying of all the reasons to play MTG, 'to win money' would be just below 'to get laid'.
    '

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He's also space Australian.

Space dingo ate my space sister!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

And?

is it their religion

No, I was waiting for the smug follow-up. People have a thing about Americans and guns, and how stupid blah blah, brutish, blah...

Then again... it's true. I love guns.

You know, with everything else happening in the US that I hear about on these boards, I'd say the guns are the least of your nation's problems right now.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    One of the games I lost today, I lost it because he had Jace and Gideon Jura.

Those two cards pretty much shut down my entire deck.

(That said, I could have prevented that from occurring had I played some of my earlier cards better.)

I am totally that douchebag with the crazy good planeswalkers in his deck now.

Though to be fair I only have one of each.

And also I camouflage them with alter egos.

Winky on
This discussion has been closed.