Options

Moon Over [chat]

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    if people can make a living playing video games i'm sure you can make a living playing MTG

People as in handful.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    cass

moon over june is a strong indicator of a huge personality disorder

like huge

The best one is the one where they're arguing about baby names and Summer goes "I don't care! Personally I much prefer Moon over June!"

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I need to stop letting myself get distracted by the internet, and read the books I got for Christmas. But it's so distracting!

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    *shrug*

My understanding is people do it as an escape from their lives as a chance to "be" someone else, or here in Japan to do it to stand out and be noticed.

Or because it's fun to make costumes and then wear the outfits of characters you enjoy.

That is uh...that is reading way too much into things methinks. Maybe if they were also roleplaying the character they were dressing up as for extended periods of time or something.

It's pretty simple. People like a show, people like costumes, and people like attention. Voila.

Yeah, there are people who like to roleplay those characters, and those are the people to whom I was referring. I also noted there are people who like to make the costumes and wear them.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I always figured the virus worked because America fuck yeah!

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man last night's chat reminded me I want a dog.

Now I'm looking through Petfinder for no reason.

So many puppies.

Cinders on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I basically feel that the target demographic of Magic has decreased by about a year every year.

It's funny because I read Mark Rosewater's articles semi-regularly and he's clearly a really clever dude.

I don't know, I think that most of the people who play Magic now basically grew up with it.

When I walk into a game store for a draft it's pretty much entirely 20-something guys.

And one chick.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    To be honest the virus worked because Mossad has infiltrated even alien governments.

Kagera on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Like, is there some sort of card verifying equipment at tourneys that can tell a fake card from a real one?

Some kind of special ink?

Judges are sometimes asked to make sure a given card is a real one, and there are a few tests that you can do to detect counterfeit cards.

It doesn't come up that often in the formats in which Jace is played, though. It's more likely to come up in formats where people are slinging around cards worth $500 or more, not $100.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wasn't there a deleted scene that explained that the scientists had been working on the captured fighter for a while, and he used that to make the virus?

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Posted, Thom. Also, it's a little odd that there are only two character sheets up.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought it worked because the Aliens bult a program that made it so they could access our satellites. So Jeff Goldbloom used that link to SICKENEFY THEIR OWN CURCUITS.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    $500 cards.

Yeah that will never be a hobby of mine.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    500x_hivvisualizedmovie.jpg

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    if people can make a living playing video games i'm sure you can make a living playing MTG

People as in handful.

It's like any sport, most people play it just for kicks.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Gosh this chick is aaalll over me.

I can't count how many times she's called me cute or adorable or got really excited about something I told her. And she's all telling me about how I'm so easy to talk to and really disarming and junk.

Winky on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    MTG just feels really dated to me with a lot of its mechanics, especially land.

The mythic rare thing was the straw that broke the camel's back for me personally though.

Mythic rares are a whole lot of bullshit.

They were like "Rares are really popular. Let's make rare rares!"

But I think land is really fun concept though and it has some cool applications in the game. Especially since Zendikar with all the landfall junk.

I don't really care when the mythics are really specialized or situational or have high mana costs.

Multi-colored legendary creature as a mythic? Sure.

Two-mana mono-green mana-producer? Fuck you.

Free card advantage for blue every turn? Fuck you.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited February 2011

I can't count how many times she's called me cute or adorable or got really excited about something I told her. And she's all telling me about how I'm so easy to talk to and really disarming and junk.

So, the fuck are you doing on the forums?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

People as in handful.

Which goes back to my original point.

Why not just print out the $100/$500 cards and play those with friends instead?

Kagera on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Man, that sucks.
    good work? Non-frowny face?

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

It's a trap, a trap!

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

People as in handful.

Some people do, if they're not planning on competing.

Feral on

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Right now I would call on advice from the great love doctor Devin The Dude and I quote:

"If I asked you to suck on my dick bitch, would yah?"

"and if I asked you to help with the rent, well, could yah?"

Great song, it shall guide you to salvation.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Feral wrote: »

People as in handful.

Some people do, if they're not planning on competing.

I know! You were the one that brought up competition.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

So, the fuck are you doing on the forums?

Well, she just messaged me out of the blue on OKC, this is the first time I've talked to her.

Winky on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I basically feel that the target demographic of Magic has decreased by about a year every year.

It's funny because I read Mark Rosewater's articles semi-regularly and he's clearly a really clever dude.

I don't know, I think that most of the people who play Magic now basically grew up with it.

When I walk into a game store for a draft it's pretty much entirely 20-something guys.

And one chick.

Well, that's Magic's actual demographic. What I mean is that the age group towards which the game is marketed is about thirteen.

(Though I seem to remember reading somewhere that that's the average age of a Magic player these days, although that statistic neglects to consider the thirteen-year-old's lack of disposable income.)

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

People as in handful.

People proxy casual matches all the time for all sorts o' thangs.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I personally frown on that, though. Usually if there's a card that's worth $100 for performing a function, there's a similar card that performs a similar function in a slightly less efficient manner worth a fraction of that amount. If you're playing a casual game with buddies, then instead of making a proxy card to win, just use a slightly slower substitute and have fun.

Feral on

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2011
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Americans love their guns.

And?
    ooh ooooh i know the answer is it

is it their religion

No, I was waiting for the smug follow-up. People have a thing about Americans and guns, and how stupid blah blah, brutish, blah...

Then again... it's true. I love guns.

No, I mean.. you're just weird. So political about your guns. I always feel that I should have a really strong opinion about guns when Americans are near me, and also talking about guns.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I know! You were the one that brought up competition.

I thought that you were genuinely confused how market demand could drive up the price of a single card to $100.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    500x_thankocammame.jpg

Yes, that is a working video/photo camera, for only $95.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    South host wrote: »
    Wasn't there a deleted scene that explained that the scientists had been working on the captured fighter for a while, and he used that to make the virus?

I wouldn't know, I bought that movie on VHS in 1997.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "You've got 5 grams of coke?"
    "I've got 4 grams on me and 1 gram in me, and my heart is going like the clappers, feels like I'm about to have a heart attack so if I collapse suddenly please remember to tell doctors that it might have something to do with the cocaine. "

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011

People as in handful.

People proxy casual matches all the time for all sorts o' thangs.

Yeah, commonly we just take our shitty commons and scrawl "Jace" across them in black marker :P.

Winky on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krhMiLiix4E

duffy duffy duffy duffy duffy

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wow, and Gizmodo actually has an article on how to sext.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    500x_thankocammame.jpg

Yes, that is a working video/photo camera, for only $95.

Available Stateside?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jace is kind of an exception to that rule because there isn't a single card that does everything that he does for less. (Because the card literally does four different things.)

But there are cards that have similar functions to some of his abilities for a lot less. One of his more commonly-used abilities is to rearrange the top of your deck to make sure you draw the cards you want. If you need that functionality in a deck, you can use Sensei's Divining Top, which does very close to the same thing, and runs about $10.

If that's too pricey, you can go with an even slightly more neutered version, Crystal Ball, which you could probably get for free if you just asked around.

So, to me, using a proxy in a deck for anything but testing purposes is a sign of poor creativity and maybe misplaced priorities.

Feral on

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Americans love their guns.

And?
    ooh ooooh i know the answer is it

is it their religion

No, I was waiting for the smug follow-up. People have a thing about Americans and guns, and how stupid blah blah, brutish, blah...

Then again... it's true. I love guns.

No, I mean.. you're just weird. So political about your guns. I always feel that I should have a really strong opinion about guns when Americans are near me, and also talking about guns.

Americans are weird.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ugh, I forgot about the gawker redesign. And then my eyes made remember as I furiously clicked away.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.