As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

He's Sensational, he's Spectacular, he's the Amazing Spider-Man!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am torn on that

on one hand I really like that the Ultimate Universe has stuck to its' NO CROSSOVERS WITH 616 EVER policy for so long

on the other Peter and Miles interacting would be fantastic and I am sure it would be well written

this is probably the secret Ultimate project Bendis has been working on and that Pichelli left USM for

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I am cool with a 616 and 1616 crossover

Because really, why not?

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Good call on the Secret Ultimate project. I mean it's kinda similar to the DoSM teasers they released last year. Wondering if it won't have anything to with ASM now that I think about it. I mean there could very well be more spiders from OsCorp, and we still have the scorpion clone running around.

Also Bendis linked that on his twitter, so it's almost guaranteed to be what he and Pichelli are working on.

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Because it might "taint" the Ultimate U or open the floodgates for more crossovers later

I have faith that they'll handle it well, though

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Good call on the Secret Ultimate project. I mean it's kinda similar to the DoSM teasers they released last year. Wondering if it won't have anything to with ASM now that I think about it. I mean there could very well be more spiders from OsCorp, and we still have the scorpion clone running around.
    well it is specifically the 616 Peter logo, but that isn't super definitive really since Ultimate Peter was super similar.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Never been a big fan of cross dimension/universe/company crossovers, just bring back the Slingers and call it a day.

edit: or a new bunch of Slingers, actual new characters, there we go.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote:
    well it is specifically the 616 Peter logo, but that isn't super definitive really since Ultimate Peter was super similar.

Seems identical to the polybag
    detail.jpg

As long as peter doesnt permanently come back from this I'm fine. I mean I'm always up for some time travel/dimension hoping hi-jinks

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Yes

yes

this is what I want

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    It's the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man

it is totally going to be a 616/Ultimate crossover

• Options
    Oh yeah I forgot it was the anniversary, yeah definitely a crossover.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    I'm game for a crossover.

Though I couldn't help thinking...isn't there still at least one Peter clone still around somewhere? Or did that finally all get tied up and I've forgotten?

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Ben Reilly will cross over and be Miles' mentor.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I much prefer a cross over than a time travel story.

I feel like Miles hasn't even settled into the Spider-Man role, and showing us how awesome Ultimate Peter was again would just take away from him.

• Options
    !!!

1328205051.jpg

• Options
    Pete buys a motorcycle outfit?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Is that Pete?

If so, and he is using another one of his advanced Spidey suits, then I approve!

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Something about the helmet reminds me of the Beetle's old suit.

I want it to be an out-of-left-field revival of the Hornet identity, though.

• Options
    Yeah, he has some kind of super spidey suit hes been building for the sinister six

• Options
    The color choice could be a little nod at the Spider-Men event

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Munch wrote:
    Something about the helmet reminds me of the Beetle's old suit.

I want it to be an out-of-left-field revival of the Hornet identity, though.

Yes yes yes

• Options
    Oh man that is why Peter was blacked out on the April ASM cover

yes I am down with SuperSpider

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Seriously, if I was writing Spider-Man, Peter would change costumes every arc. Because... SOMETHING!

The METROSEXUAL SPIDER-MAN!

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    ASM_EndsOfTheEarth4_02.jpg

I like!

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've liked the idea of Spidey creating specialized suits to deal with particular situations, so looking forwards to see what this one can do.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I don't like it. Looks clunky, and the helmet is kind of generic and too similar to the Red Hood's.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    So cool

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I like the idea that while the new Sinister Six has been prepping to take down Spider-Man they're completely unaware that, from a personal perspective, he's in a better place in his life than he's ever been - which, in turn, makes him a better superhero. I hope this whole thing culminates in him just completely trashing the new, stepped-up Sinister 6, due to him having upped his game well beyond what any of them could've imagined.

• Options
    Fuck yeah

• Options
    I don't like it. Looks clunky, and the helmet is kind of generic and too similar to the Red Hood's.

This. Even the little teeth on the spider logo look more like bat ears/head, like what was on the Batman books during Rucka and Brubaker's runs. All for more costumes, that one just didn't deliver on the build up over the week.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I wish it was as sleek as the alternate costumes from Big Time, or even the Civil War suit. Bulky shoulder pads just seem to go against what the character is about in addition to seeming low-tech in general.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I wish it was as sleek as the alternate costumes from Big Time, or even the Civil War suit. Bulky shoulder pads just seem to go against what the character is about in addition to seeming low-tech in general.

I dunno, I think it still looks pretty sleek and futuristic, especially those web style boots and gloves. Besides, Spidey is super-strong, so even with the bulk and weight of armour, he could still move quickly and easily, especially if it is specially designed to flow with him or something (which Pete, using his super-science, could do!)

Really it seems like another example of Slott trying to take the classic Spidey we love and do something fun and cool and new with him that makes sense given his actual abilities. I cannot tell you how much I welcome Pete actually using his super-genius intellect to make funky gadgets, and it especially makes sense now that he is in the FF.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    bring back the iron spider-armor (and its liquid metal thinking powers)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    I like the Iron Spider suit

though it should have had four arms!

• Options
    I fucking love the new suit

it is basically Peter's "oh shit" suit and it looks the part

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    "Gonna bust some heads"-suit

• Options
    "Time to take out the trash" -suit

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Slott has said the "Ends of the Earth" story will have only one extra book which will be a one-shot showing how the other Marvel heroes are dealing with Doc Ocks plan. This along with the limited A vs. X-men tie-ins means Marvel got the "massive crossover" thing out of their system with Fear Itself. Thankfully.

Not saying the Spider-Island tie-ins weren't good though.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    1328306197.jpg

Venom Rider?

• Options
    Circle of Four is gonna be great

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Turambar wrote:
    Venom Rider?

Hulk and X-23 might be in there too. Because big and spiky. I think I see Alejandra there on his arm.

I remember reading 'Spirits of Venom' way back in the day which I enjoyed. Plus I recall when the 'New Fantastic Four' formed, and this story is sort've a shout out to them. The first issue opened really strongly, and as a bonus, the story releases 1 part every week.

So yeah - came out of nowhere, but Circle of Four seems like it'll be a great read.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png