As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starcraft 2: Dustin "Trollface" Browder (also, sign up for CSL!)

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Since I was a douche and too harsh on kelly
    kelly.jpg
    Here's to hoping she gets better :D

I need to actually finish these things.
    I still dislike husky

is that going to be sent to her? hi5 for that, nice work

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mediocre as always Wakkawa.

:p

I'm pro-Kelly in GSL. I think she did a much better job than I'd ever heard her before. My only complaint is all the "actually".

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    seguer wants to watch me get beat

repimg-33-191777.jpg

I had a bad attack and when I knew colossus were coming I just felt very uncomfortable. I thought upgrades and marauders might save me but it just didn't work out. I think he had 3 robos at one point

vikings would obviously have helped me but I didn't start getting them early due to busting his robo bay, and once it became really necessary I was concerning myself with medivacs and, well, I guess just ignoring them. I -did- kill a lot of colossus but obviously vikings would have helped if I hadn't lost my army so manytimes. I kept having to replenish medivacs too. my own sloppiness.

when I went for his third and didn't take it out it was over. maybe before then I haven't watched, but that's how I felt after the game a half hour ago.

edit - iirc my opening was sloppy but that's sorta secondary, just want to point it out

Ok you could have taken that game at like 5 different points, but bad unit control/micro (and floating over 1k minerals at one point) was your downfall

- Poke and attack earlier, he did a 1 gate 1 robo expo (not 1 gate expo that you thought) so you were ahead in expos, AND army for a while there, but then you waited 10-20 and didn't attack, and also didn't attack with some of your units (which were right there!)

- Learn to get in, do damage, and get out. Too many times did you commit and lose everything because you overcommitted and didn't retreat

- Micro your medivacs; you a-move too much and let them get ahead of your army, resulting in them taking damage before your army is even there

- Micro your drops; you had a medivac full of stuff ready to go in his base for a long time before doing something, and after taking out two pylons you didn't pick up and run off

- Micro your goddam medivacs, you had two sitting up top right of his base for so long

- Split your army up to flank if you're not going to get vikings to kill collosi - I think this would help

Seguer on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I actually enjoy Kelly being on GSL, it adds a nice variety. I'm also a big fan of TotalBiscuit, and even dig Gretorp's casting.

I'm just a whore for Starcraft :p

Kami on
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I gotta say for a map that emphasized flanks, and for a build that led to high mobility, Polt really didn't capitalize on the advantages he had available to him

PoolCue on
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "Check has his own style"

It's called winning games then making the stupidest game ending mistake and losing everything. I swear to god, he would be legendary if he'd stop throwing away armies for nothing.

TannerMS on
  • Options
    CuddlyCuteKittenCuddlyCuteKitten Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What roflstomp. Nice. :)

CuddlyCuteKitten on
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaow - Felicia, SPFT2:T
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like Kelly, she surpassed any and all expectations, but I still giggle a bit everytime she says pooosh

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    as much as I hated reapers, that is a very clever place to place your bunkers

PoolCue on
  • Options
    Walrus von ZeppelinWalrus von Zeppelin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah that was a nice reaper bunker rush

Walrus von Zeppelin on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Damn, I should study up on Rainbow, as I'm really liking this harassment-heavy style

Kami on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    PoolCue wrote: »
    as much as I hated reapers, that is a very clever place to place your bunkers

one hex further forward would have been even better as the second bunker would have also been in range of the hatchery.
    Kami wrote:
    Damn, I should study up on Rainbow, as I'm really liking this harassment-heavy style
    I wouldn't worry about it for a long time in your play. If you try to do it now you'll just fail at everything else. Not to be mean but you're on the right track with what you're doing right now.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I like Kelly, she surpassed any and all expectations, but I still giggle a bit everytime she says pooosh

The "spawning poo" always gets me giggly.

Movitz on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Kami wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about it for a long time in your play. If you try to do it now you'll just fail at everything else. Not to be mean but you're on the right track with what you're doing right now.

:^: Oh no doubt, it'll be a few solid months of ladder before I come close to understanding what type of harassment I'll want to do, much less have the know-how to actually perform it :lol:

Just from watching these streams, it reinforces what you guys told me about aggressive Terrans being a major threat, no matter what the matchup

Kami on
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    nerf ultras

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    check bossin' it up

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://imageftw.com/uploads/20110224/1298540671790.jpg

This is a pretty funny picture from the previous encounter between Polt and Jinro.

E: God damnit teamliquid and shrinking images so I have no idea how massive they are.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wasn't that MC and Jinro?

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    Walrus von ZeppelinWalrus von Zeppelin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah that was MC unless they photoshopped a different guy in there.

Walrus von Zeppelin on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'VE BEEN HAD

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    damn thanks a lot seguer

things I know I'm messing up as they're happening but I don't really record the information

also, I didn't realize I was ahead at all. I waited for stim before I poked up but I probably should have just gone sooner

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rainbow gon' get

jinrolled.png

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    damn thanks a lot seguer

things I know I'm messing up as they're happening but I don't really record the information

also, I didn't realize I was ahead at all. I waited for stim before I poked up but I probably should have just gone sooner
    Nps Vari, it really helps to have someone go over your replays unless you for sure know why you lost (beyond "he outdid me in xyz")

Seguer on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I feel really bad for rainbow

what happened? he used to be pretty scary and now he's just getting rolled everywhere

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    rainbow with the instead of spending 100 extra at each base for 2 turrets ill lose a billion worth of scvs instead strat

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh God if Rainbow wins this

; ;

Kami on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    rainbow can't even counterattack outside of drops because of jinros position in the centre that he's had for the lat 10 mins

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    stream cut out?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ahhhhhhh orange screen of death!!

Seguer on
  • Options
    EzekielEzekiel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    stream cut out?

Think so.

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
    I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you. I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. - Ezekiel 32: 4-6
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    stream cut out?

fffffffff

Gom's down :(

Kami on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i think thats everyone

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    yeah site is down too

well whatever happened jinro obviously won

Variable on
  • Options
    CuddlyCuteKittenCuddlyCuteKitten Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yep, me to.

CuddlyCuteKitten on
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaow - Felicia, SPFT2:T
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jinro played like a possessed demon D:

Kami on
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The stream sure knew when to crap out for maximum damage.

Movitz on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Movitz wrote: »
    The stream sure knew when to crap out for maximum damage.

Jinro cloak banshee'd the studio

Kami on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Cmon GOM you can do it.

Seguer on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    A foreigner is winning?!?!?!

Shut
    Down
    Everything.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    EzekielEzekiel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seguer wrote: »
    Cmon GOM you can do it.

Sure seems to be trying really hard...like....you're almost there lil guy.

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
    I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you. I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. - Ezekiel 32: 4-6