As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of Tryhards - Best Online Technical

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TehAlx wrote: »
    Team Demacia is the best thing ever. I don't post here often, but, I think you'll recognize some of the mans.

5v5 Ranked Premade, here we come.

DEMACIAAAAAAAAAA!!!
    DEMACIAAAAAAA.png

I love that the city-state team is actually a viable squad. I want to put that together when I play tonight.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm having a run of bad games, and playing with 2 other friends makes it worse because we just go up against a full pre-made usually.

Also Jarvan is not bad - but there are many bad Jarvans out there. Man, every game...and if there's one on each side, I'm getting the one that feeds the other one because it turns into a penis lance fight every game, and somehow ours always loses. 4 games in a row where that happened. Bleah.

Although, Jarvan must be a popular buy since he's been showing up with at least one in every game.

The best bad Jarvans are the ones that use their ult poorly.

Last night an enemy Jarvan ulted and trapped a ton of people in his ult, mostly his own team.

I was in the bushes nearby, as Fiddle and managed to land my crowstorm inside the walls.

If I wasn't lazy I would find and post the very relevant Rorschach about that sort of thing

Slicer on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Slicer wrote: »
    I'm having a run of bad games, and playing with 2 other friends makes it worse because we just go up against a full pre-made usually.

Also Jarvan is not bad - but there are many bad Jarvans out there. Man, every game...and if there's one on each side, I'm getting the one that feeds the other one because it turns into a penis lance fight every game, and somehow ours always loses. 4 games in a row where that happened. Bleah.

Although, Jarvan must be a popular buy since he's been showing up with at least one in every game.

Last night an enemy Jarvan ulted and trapped a ton of people in his ult, mostly his own team.

I was in the bushes nearby, as Fiddle and managed to land my crowstorm inside the walls.

If I wasn't lazy I would find and post the very relevant Rorschach about that sort of thing

I also Xin'd in and ulted

Which was hilarious

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Slic0r do you use AIM????

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Slicer wrote: »

I love that. I got Jarvan'd so many times as Amumu last night. If there's one enemy you don't want right next to you, it's an amumu.
    Despair+Tantrum+Stun+tantrum+ult once the walls drop = dead jarvan.

schuss on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Slic0r do you use AIM????

I'm afraid I don't!

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    you should!!!!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Guys, I am the worst Jarvan.(but I am the best Mao)

Also super hyped for PAXE.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Teammates picking Sivir and Shaco has got to be my favorite ragequit in ranked yet. And the angry people were duo queueing too, so it was a nice, fast 3v5.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I just downloaded this, and got my ass handed to me. Any general tips that the tutorial doesn't cover?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man i haven't seen many duo queued ragequits but when i do its hilarious

ashe conquers the lane bushes at level 1

immediately gives first blood with 400 health to the two guys waiting in there

she and malphite quit before minions have spawned

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »
    So I just downloaded this, and got my ass handed to me. Any general tips that the tutorial doesn't cover?

Don't die.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Helpful. :P

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    holy shit did i just get trolled

ezreal keeps asking our yi to jungle

with 5 seconds left i (jarvan) switch to smite

we get in game

yi is jungling without smite

never bothered to tell us for the 90 seconds he had yi picked

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh hey the dummies that too over the OP took out the very helpful video

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    By not dying:

Go back to base if you're low
    Do not extend past the middle of your lane without a ward in the bush (above you in the bottom lane, below you in the top lane) to see if junglers(guys fucking around in the woods) come to rape you
    You are not rambo and do not need to be rambo
    Killing people is the means to the end. The end is pushing towers. Pushing towers wins games.
    You do not need to suicide to possibly maybe help out your idiot teammate who dives multiple people (don't save people like me)
    Buy wards to know where idiots are
    Plan escape routes. What happens if I get stunned and I need to GET THE FUCK OUT.
    Learn one champion at a time that you like so you know their stengths and weaknesses

So:

Don't die

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What's up with the ghost of Urf? I had one appearing right next to the golem, the first time I saw him.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    By not dying: Don't die

Yes, I snipped an aweful lot out of that. Like, all the important stuff.

But words don't really translate what game experience will show you. One game with rent coaching me taught me more than all the games I played before, and everything I've read, and all the videos I watched.

The absolute best thing you can do is add all of the people in the spreadsheet to your friends list, and then politely ask them when they're on to take you under their wing and show you the ropes.

But Don't Die is extremely sound advice for this game.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It is sound advice for this game

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »

A few tips:

1) Don't die. Start out playing conservatively until you know what other champions are capable of and what their limitations are.

2) Learn all the champions. Each week there are 10 champions that are free. Play them all at least once or twice. You'll learn their abilities and what they can do and how to beat them.

3) Learn 1 champion very well. Pick a champion or two that you like after trying them out on a free week and use them a lot. Learn their moves, looks up builds and strategies and use them over and over until you get pretty good with them.

4) Buy wards. Seriously. Buy wards. Place them in key locations on the map (Blue golem, red lizard, baron, dragon, key pathways in the jungle. You want to know where the enemy is at all times, map control is key.

5) Protect your towers. All the kills in the world won't mean anything if the enemy blows up your nexus. Protect your towers, but don't protect a tower that is almost dead unless you know you can save it, giving them the tower AND a kill is worse than just the tower.

6) It is ok to go back to your base when you need to buy or are low on hp. Hanging around at a fraction of your health is pointless because you can't really contribute to the fight. Go back to base, buy a few wards or an item and come back with full health.

7) Take their towers. Much like protecting your own towers it is important to destroy theirs. You don't win this game based on kill ratios. You win it by blowing up their base. Anything and everything you do should be working towards that goal.

8) Pay attention to what the enemy is building with their items. It is important to know what they are trying to do so you can counter or take advantage of it. Is that Ashe dominating your team but has no defensive items? Focus her in the beginning of every fight since she'll die in 2 hits.

9)Try and control Dragon. Dragon gives a lot of gold so try and have your team kill it whenever it is up. Be careful though as early on it will take 2-3 teammates to bring it down and the enemy can use that time to ambush you at dragon for easy kills. Know when it is a good time to do Dragon and know when the enemy is doing dragon (See note about wards). Even if you are behind in kills, if you have gotten dragon over and over in the game you will be ahead in gold.

10) Pay attention to your minimap. Keep tabs on where the enemy is in their lanes. If one of them goes missing there is a good chance they are coming to gank one of your other lanes. Don't overextend past the river if there are missing enemies. If an enemy goes missing in your lane let your team know by typing "Bottom missing (Bot Mis)" and "Bottom Returned (re)" or whatever corresponds to your lane.

I'm sure there are more tips I can give, I'll add more when I think of them.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What's up with the ghost of Urf? I had one appearing right next to the golem, the first time I saw him.

Urf is a scrapped champion that never made it in.

So they made up some lore about warwick killing him.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    thats there from the halloween map

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh, and watch a few of the pro streams (TreeEskimo is probably the most educational) to get an idea of positioning/dangerous levels of health.

Generally:
    -If you don't KNOW you can kill them, don't dive in and think you can.
    -Wards. More Wards.
    -If you can't see them on the minimap, assume they're all waiting in that bush right ahead of you
    -Focus down the damage dealers, not the tanks. That's pew-pew shooting or stabbing guy, not person with 8 million health trying to get your attention.
    -Play each champion at least once alone in a custom game to learn their abilities.
    -Have fun, and don't take it TOO seriously, this game is filled with trolls.

schuss on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Me and Soal are major trolls don't play with us

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    so jarvan is hilarious

his ult is a pretty awesome nuke as well

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    Oh, and watch a few of the pro streams (TreeEskimo is probably the most educational) to get an idea of positioning/dangerous levels of health.

Generally:
    -If you don't KNOW you can kill them, don't dive in and think you can.
    -Wards. More Wards.
    -If you can't see them on the minimap, assume they're all waiting in that bush right ahead of you
    -Focus down the damage dealers, not the tanks. That's pew-pew shooting or stabbing guy, not person with 8 million health trying to get your attention.
    -Play each champion at least once alone in a custom game to learn their abilities.
    -Have fun, and don't take it TOO seriously, this game is filled with trolls.

Ive ended up in situations though were going after their lone caitlyn was definatly the wrong thing to do.

Dont dive their long range carry with 3 escapes if you cant stunlock her without dealing with the melee dps raping your own carry. Especially if you have trundle on your team and your carry has black cleaver. You can make one of their CC heavy players so squishy they will die in seconds, leaving your carry free to help you kill mans.

I had one game where my entire team was like 'kill caitlyn first' and they had 2 tanky dps and 2 tanks + cait. We had trundle. So all 4 of them dived after caitlyn. Cait netted away, then flashed, then ghosted with all 4 of them chasing. Meanwhile the carry gets raped by the entire enemy team then they double back and help uncatchable caitlyn. Rest of team dead, no kills. Game over.

Of course after the match was over it was the carrys fault for not attacking caitlyn (which was completely impossible with alistar punting her around, and maokai rooting her).

Draygo on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Me and Soal are major trolls don't play with us

This. Also, add Neal, he's pretty bad.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    avoid that nisi kid. shes bad news.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wait Nisi is a chick?

for realzies?

I always thought you were a dude

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    wait Nisi is a chick?

for realzies?

I always thought you were a dude

wut? this makes me sad considering i've talked to you on vent. lawl.

Nisi on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    When I get Jarvan

I am going to jungle him erryday

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've yet to see someone roll 5 deep with Tiamats so I can't say it's lame.

Rolling 5 Gunblades is lame.

Did this on gangplank.

Results were excellent.

Tiamat has a chance on hit to proc massive rage.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nisi wrote: »
    As someone who is a veteran of talking at surrealitycheck, I can promise you he pays no attention whatsoever to what other people say or sound like!

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Looks like Guardsman Bob is streaming as Jarvan right now, this should be good.

Edit: Blah, match is almost over already.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

you have to sound like Annie for me to think you're a girl

otherwise I just assume high pitched dude

THAT'S HOW I ROLLLLLLLLLL

except bethryn who i assume is some form of invertebrate

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

you have to sound like Annie for me to think you're a girl

otherwise I just assume high pitched dude

THAT'S HOW I ROLLLLLLLLLL

I hate you.

Nisi on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I fucking wish they nerfed flash this patch. Jarvan's ult is so pointless against someone with it. :(

That said, I did catch an Ashe in it just before she could kill our Kennen. Alistar in my team had the same idea and ended up headbutting Ashe out of my ring.

.....Why

Edit: Hey, Tiamat does as much damage as a BF sword now, and only costs marginally more to grant you regen + splash. Not bad.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm so torn. I really am still bitter about these IP changes Riot made and vowed I wouldn't buy more RP but at the same time I still have $10 on a giftcard I could use to buy Jarvan w/ Commando Skin....

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A lot of people's skills are useless against flash

Also I will be at PAX if you folks are keeping count

Also also I did quite poorly as Maokai last night as Zen can attest

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's cool I'm used to haters

that's also on account of my rotary motion

my rotary motion frequently induces animosity in those I have dubbed "haters"

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png