As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COD: title needs more MW2

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This weekend is double XP?

I've been toying with the idea of Blopsing again, hmm.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think their behavior was considered boosting because if you watched it from the other teams' perspective, they were running right at the enemy team firing wildly so they would show up on the radar. It's not like they were trying to play correctly and just got spawn-trapped.

Still, you're probably right it's best to avoid setting off anything automated they might have in place.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Don't joke about that, Luigi. Many a gamer has injured their face, falling asleep into their keyboard face-first.

I've got to remember to do some editing in the theater later today (but I wont because doublexpomgpoints), because I got some awesome tomahawks last night. They're so much fun, and so satisfying.

Wait, there's double xp going on?

If so, Chinatown Wars will have to go on hold...

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm pretty sure there is. Unless I've gotten really confused.

[ed] Yep, looks like it. We're also getting a Nuketown 24/7 playlist option.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll probably be prestiging at some point this weekend and I'll be looking for some Mara Pro help. Haven't gotten it in since my first prestige, so it'll be nice to have again.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Unggrrrrrrrrh!

What is it with this game and their lag compensation system? All of a sudden, normal simple shots just do not connect!

Rage building. Fury all consuming.

Treyarch!

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, I'm new to Blops, but I'm curious about something: I'm being shot, I'm dying, but I hear my shotgun fire at point blank range and...according to the kill cam, it doesn't happen and no damage is dealt. Is this normal? Or am I just lagging like a mofo?

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Paradiso wrote: »
    So, I'm new to Blops, but I'm curious about something: I'm being shot, I'm dying, but I hear my shotgun fire at point blank range and...according to the kill cam, it doesn't happen and no damage is dealt. Is this normal? Or am I just lagging like a mofo?

*points to the post just above this one*

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For the challenge to get Hardline Pro, do I have to get at least 7 kills with no deaths for a match, or do I have to just get seven kills out of the gate before I die?

I don't get it.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Unggrrrrrrrrh!

What is it with this game and their lag compensation system? All of a sudden, normal simple shots just do not connect!

Rage building. Fury all consuming.

Treyarch!
    Slow down! Take a break. That way you'll be around tonight when my sorry ass is actually off work.

Stupid work. I'm going to start scheduling vacation time around Double XP weekends. (not really though)

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    For the challenge to get Hardline Pro, do I have to get at least 7 kills with no deaths for a match, or do I have to just get seven kills out of the gate before I die?

I don't get it.
    You have to get 7 kill-streaks in one match, and get a 7-kill streak going.

So, a match with 7 kills without dying.

Then...

The easiest would probably be something like, UAV, C-UAV, napalm, UAV, C-UAV, napalm, UAV. All in one round. So just die once you hit napalm, rebuild back up to napalm, die, get UAV and you should have met the requirement.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Paradiso wrote: »

*points to the post just above this one*

Basically, there's a lag compensation system at play that attempts to find a middle ground (sorta) between the different things the two clients see.

Unfortunately, this means sometimes when you see what you've done is perfectly right and sane, the system declares your actions did not actually happen that way and you lose anyway.

IE: What you just stated is essentially that happening. Ignore the latency bars; they don't appear to be too accurate to the actual gameplay. It's incredibly frustrating, but eh.

MrVyngaard on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just to clarify, you can die during the match for the 7 kill streak challenge.
    You just have to get 7 kills in a row at any time. Doesn't have to be right from the start or anything.

I've decided that from now on I'm just going to napalm myself if I'm running 3-4-5. I do it by accident half the time anyway, and if I do it on purpose I get more killstreaks.

dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yes, that's probably good to clarify, you can die during the match. Just get to 7 kils without dying, then you can jump off a building if you'd like, or run around spinning and firing an M60 into the air. Just get the 7 kills in a row without dying first, then die all you like. :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Alternatively, if you want to do the challenge in style, get the 7th kill while jumping off a building.

dinoarus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thats only stylish if it's a 360° no-scope with an L96.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thats only stylish if it's a 360° tomahawk.

dinoarus on
  • Options
    BerkshireBerkshire Earth Federal Forces MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    With regard to Hardline Pro (it's usually the first perk I Pro in a prestige) a way to make it easier on yourself to get those 7 killstreaks in one game is to play something like domination or demolition (or Ground War) that can go longer than a regular TDM game. If it's a game with rounds, the number of KSes obtained carry over between rounds, so if you get 4 in the first round of a game of demo (really, really easy if you're running a setup like spyplane, CP, attack helicopter, which is what I usually run), you only need to pick up another 3 on the other side.

As for the 7 kills in a row, probably the easiest way I've ever done that is to take a good strong-damage AR (M16 or Commando, see also: Galil) or the M60 (due to its endless goddamn stream of high-damage rounds) and take up an overwatch position in a map built with them, like the opposing towers on Launch. They give you a good line of sight to an area where there's a lot of traffic, and people will come after you because they expect somebody to be up there. You need to be on your game, but it's a good way to just go to town on the enemy.

Berkshire on
    "And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    GT: FootlongKaPow
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Man, I really need to focus on pro'ing specific perks earlier in my perstige. I'm in the 40s somewhere right now. In the past couple nights, I've pro'd LW, SA, FJ, Ghost, TM, and I'm probably only a game or two away from pro'ing Scout. And now I'm probably going to prestige during the double-xp weekend and have to start all over.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know why you guys are giving him advice for that part of hardline pro when we all know you should be trying to explain the ARCANE VOODOO THAT IS GETTING YOUR TEAMMATES TO TAKE PACKAGES.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hibernus wrote: »
    I don't know why you guys are giving him advice for that part of hardline pro when we all know you should be trying to explain the ARCANE VOODOO THAT IS GETTING YOUR TEAMMATES TO TAKE PACKAGES.

aka two words into a microphone.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, I really need to focus on pro'ing specific perks earlier in my perstige. I'm in the 40s somewhere right now. In the past couple nights, I've pro'd LW, SA, FJ, Ghost, TM, and I'm probably only a game or two away from pro'ing Scout. And now I'm probably going to prestige during the double-xp weekend and have to start all over.

I've basically given up trying to get the pro perks for any prestige. I'll get a few naturally along the way, but the prestiges go by fast enough that it doesn't seem worth it when I just prestige as fast as I can. I was planning on stopping at 9, but I'll probably go to 10 since I like the emblem better (yes, I realize that's stupid) at which point I'll work on getting the Pro versions of the perks.

GccPoseidon on
  • Options
    NoseterNoseter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I agree with Hibernus, it's pretty friggin hard to get your teammates to take your packages. I know you can use a mic and just tell them too, but I never use my mic, I see no point in using it because I always play with randoms and I mute everyone.

But getting hardline pro is nothing compared to flak jacket. Everyone uses semtex or tomahawks, and the few people that do use frags, cook them. At the very least, flak jacket should either let you pick up semtex, or it should reset frag timers as soon as you press the throwback to at least give you a chance.

Noseter on
    I am who I am, even if sometimes I don't know who that is.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Way to get Flak Jacket pro easy: Get friends who also own BLOPS.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Noseter wrote: »
    I agree with Hibernus, it's pretty friggin hard to get your teammates to take your packages. I know you can use a mic and just tell them too, but I never use my mic, I see no point in using it because I always play with randoms and I mute everyone.

But getting hardline pro is nothing compared to flak jacket. Everyone uses semtex or tomahawks, and the few people that do use frags, cook them. At the very least, flak jacket should either let you pick up semtex, or it should reset frag timers as soon as you press the throwback to at least give you a chance.

I agree with everything you said except for the very last part. It's unnecessary. It doesn't have to be a successful throwback in order to count towards the challenge (the absolute only redeeming feature of that challenge). As long as you pick it up, it counts. In fact, I think I've pro'd FJ two or three time now, and I don't remember ever successfully throwing one back.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    NoseterNoseter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Most of my PSN friends play RE5, Borderlands, or Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

It doesn't matter anyways, I'm only a second prestige, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Noseter on
    I am who I am, even if sometimes I don't know who that is.
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok Im ready for some double xp!

jonny439 on
  • Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Silly question, but do I need to quit blops for Double XP to take effect, or should it automagically just start whenever Treyarch decides that it's 10:00 PST? (Last time it flipped on around 10:45)

mFiend on
    PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    jonny439 wrote: »

Netflix is offering a double XP weekend too? :)

MrVyngaard on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is double xp this weekend? If so when does it start?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll probably be prestiging at some point this weekend and I'll be looking for some Mara Pro help. Haven't gotten it in since my first prestige, so it'll be nice to have again.

I need this as well!

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Ah must of left xbox on again I'm at panera now eating lunch should be home and ready to shoot fools in 20 mins

jonny439 on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DEXP weekend?

but damn it, there's already a RIFT growing between me and blops. I guess being a technosexy time-pilot will have to wait this weekend if I ever want to have any kind of hope of making it through this sniper prestige.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    gastr0cnemesisgastr0cnemesis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I need this as well!

Count me in on this. I'm closing in on level 42 and hope to prestige tonight before I pass out with controller in hand. Hoping to get some help with Mara Pro if possible when I'm able to buy it.

gastr0cnemesis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grim sbgrim sb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Regarding the lag compensation code: Is it just me, or is it way worse than in MW2?

I've only played multiplayer for a few nights now, but I've already lost count of the "WTF?!" moments where I'll get multiple hit markers on someone and they just go "blap-blap" and I'm dead.

I also remember reading somewhere (maybe here) that you need to lead your opponents a bit to ensure maximum bullet hittage. Does that sound accurate?

I'd love to join up with some PA folks and play a coordinated, team- and objective-oriented game. My experience with pubbie games thus far has been nothing short of stroke-inducing frustration at the one-two punch of utterly craptastic netcode and generally stupid teammates.

grim sb on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

:lol:

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    grim sb wrote: »
    I'd love to join up with some PA folks and play a coordinated, team- and objective-oriented game.

What is this

I don't even

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    grim sbgrim sb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sorry, did I lay it on too thick?

grim sb on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've grown to hate objective games the 'better' I've got at this game. My first prestige I actually used assault rifles and camped and watched spaces and stuff but then I'd get angry when I died a kill short of dogs or what have you. Now all I do is equip a shotgun and run at the enemy team. Just run at them, flip the spawns then run at them again!

There's a reason my k/d is less than 2 but my PPM is usually high 300s.

Of course in an objective match this is harder to do and everyone gets all campy.

edit:

Oh god, I was in a nuketown game yesterday against a team of campers but for the 3rd match in a row I did really well with my stakeout. Next match (again on Nuketown)? Every member of their team camping inside a house watching all entrances with a stakeout equiped. Man that was aggravating.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    grim sb wrote: »
    I'd love to join up with some PA folks and play a coordinated, team- and objective-oriented game.

What is this

I don't even
    shhhhhhhhhh

It'll be a hilarious surprise when he gets into a game with us.

iTunesIsEvil on