Options

COD: title needs more MW2

• Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    All I need to carry over from blops is the replay/theater mode.

and dive-to-prone

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    King KongKing Kong Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    After playing this weekend can we officially drop off the BLOPS bus at the salvage yard and watch it be crushed for scrap while we all hop back in the MW2 bus, it's such a smoother ride and it has stripper poles in back (I promise).

King Kong on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nah, I still like the new one more.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    King KongKing Kong Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Except that part where kill streaks don't count towards others, the hit detection is horrible, and only 2 guns in the entire game are worth using. Anyhow, MW3 looks to be good.

King Kong on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MW3 bus might be more appealing once I see MP. SP is not what I buy these games for.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    King Kong wrote: »
    Except that part where kill streaks don't count towards others.

I think that this is a selling point, personally. The rest is debatable. I certainly don't have these detection problems.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jaunty wrote: »
    All I need to carry over from blops is the replay/theater mode.

and dive-to-prone
    I for one would prefer Brink's slide

do we really need prone

i don't think we need prone

prone is for scrubs

we don't need prone

Senshi on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bring in a slide if you want, but they gotta leave prone. Real life soldiers dolphin dive under fire all the time.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Except that part where kill streaks don't count towards others, the hit detection is horrible, and only 2 guns in the entire game are worth using. Anyhow, MW3 looks to be good.

The spas and the stakeout?

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The Famas(Aug/47/commando) or the Galil

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Not the AK74u then?

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Fine.

There are 2 sniper rifles (Jordan argues the PSG doesn't count, I disagree) 1 shotgun, 2 AR's and 1 SMG.

6 guns.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Damnit, I want to be one of the cool kids that hates CoD now. Sooooo hyped.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Fine.

There are 2 sniper rifles (Jordan argues the PSG doesn't count, I disagree) 1 shotgun, 2 AR's and 1 SMG.

6 guns.

I disagree! The m-14 is really good and I like my commando. The AUG got some love a while back but haven't used it in ages. The G-11 was fantastic last time I used it and the stakeout can be really great. I also love my M60.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The M60 and stoner are the only LMGs worth using, IMO.

The AUG is just a FAMAS with more recoil, and the 47 and commando are exactly the same in every way except their irons and reload time.

The M14 and FAL are both really good but restrict the way you can play unless you have an amazing connection or the people you're playing against are a lot worse than you.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm staying on the BlOps bus until it makes its final stop in MW3ville. Also, the hit detection isn't that bad. CoD4's hit detection, on the other hand...

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    SLyM wrote: »

The AUG is just a FAMAS with more recoil, and the 47 and commando are exactly the same in every way except their irons and reload time.

The M14 and FAL are both really good but restrict the way you can play unless you have an amazing connection or the people you're playing against are a lot worse than you.

No problem there. 8-)

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I find people way worse than me all the time. Here I am shitting all over them with the Commando

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxdv3qTYroc

I just had a good game on Ascension until the goddamn monkeys wouldn't die. It was infuriating. I unladed a full SPAS into a monkey and he just kept running to destroy my Juggernog.

Magell on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    After playing this weekend can we officially drop off the BLOPS bus at the salvage yard and watch it be crushed for scrap while we all hop back in the MW2 bus, it's such a smoother ride and it has stripper poles in back (I promise).

What about taking the COD4 bus out of storage and taking it for a spin? (a friend has my copy of MW2 :()

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    :cry:

jjjjjjjjjordan called you a bitch so I decided to leave your party.

Not really.

I wish I still had MW2.

Really.

I've been playing a tonne of it on PC lately. I was really afraid that the community would evaporate, between the release of black ops and goddamn IWnet, but it's still got a good following.
    Hey me too. There aren't really any hackers to speak of anymore. Still some cheesers but far fewer. It's good fun.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    http://www.geek.com/articles/games/activision-confirms-next-cod-will-have-premium-online-features-20110510/
    Activision confirms next COD will have premium online features

Fans of Call fo Duty (COD) can count the last game released in the series as a turning point. Until now you could buy the game, take it home, and play it online and offline to your heart’s content without spending another dollar while experiencing the full game (map packs excluded, of course). With the next game in the series, that is no longer going to be the case.

During a Q1 earnings call held yesterday, Activision confirmed that the next COD release will come with premium online features. That means buying the game will not be the end of your spending in order to experience all that COD has to offer in terms of multiplayer features.

Activision has not revealed specifics about what premium features means other than to say it will be “further online monetization.” That translates to gamers paying for more than just map packs this time round, and could even see them having to sign-up for a subscription.

Hahahaha. Looks like Activision is gonna be doing its best to kill COD.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, that probably turned it into a 0 day non-purchase for me.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    http://www.geek.com/articles/games/activision-confirms-next-cod-will-have-premium-online-features-20110510/

Fans of Call fo Duty (COD) can count the last game released in the series as a turning point. Until now you could buy the game, take it home, and play it online and offline to your heart’s content without spending another dollar while experiencing the full game (map packs excluded, of course). With the next game in the series, that is no longer going to be the case.

During a Q1 earnings call held yesterday, Activision confirmed that the next COD release will come with premium online features. That means buying the game will not be the end of your spending in order to experience all that COD has to offer in terms of multiplayer features.

Activision has not revealed specifics about what premium features means other than to say it will be “further online monetization.” That translates to gamers paying for more than just map packs this time round, and could even see them having to sign-up for a subscription.

LAME

not you...the dogshit premium content idea

Mulletude on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I doubt they'd do something so monumentally stupid as charge for online play. That would see the vast majority of their playerbase instantly switch over to MoH/Battlefield. It's going to be more about that online service they've been working on that will retain persistant profiles that carry over to other games and such. I expect the subscription version will include perks related to joining games (reserved spots?), player/gun skins, bonus or upgraded ingame perks, faster leveling etc.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'd be disappointed if "premium online features" turns out to be true. However, Activision-Blizzard and IW's community manager has stated several times that they will never charge a fee for multiplayer. And now this?

If it's true, their hypocrisy is despicable.

Prisca on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Magell wrote: »

At first I for the idea of paying for dedicated servers, but I already pay for Live and that would annoy me. It would be fine on PS3 since you don't have to pay for the online service, but if I have to pay for guns, gamemodes or some bullshit like that I'll be pissed. Whatever it is that they want to monetize it better be unessential bullshit.

Magell on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I remember Kotick flat out stating that he wanted to monetize CoD, with some bullshit about it being "great for the player". Excuse me while I throw up.

I'll wait and see what the details are, but it remains a worrying cloud on the horizon.

Also, because it needs to be said anytime it is brought up, killstreak stacking is a terrible, terrible idea based on making the rich get richer. If you want your high-end killstreak, earn it on the ground.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I remember Kotick flat out stating that he wanted to monetize CoD, with some bullshit about it being "great for the player". Excuse me while I throw up.

I'll wait and see what the details are, but it remains a worrying cloud on the horizon.

Also, because it needs to be said anytime it is brought up, killstreak stacking is a terrible, terrible idea based on making the rich get richer. If you want your high-end killstreak, earn it on the ground.

I agree. It would get so bad with high level players that they may not have to even shoot their guns to just run on continuous killstreak rewards. For an average player like myself that would really drive me away from a game quick due to frustration.

Mulletude on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SLyM wrote: »

Limed for truthiness.

Mulletude wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

LAME

not you...the dogshit premium content idea

Wow. Just...wow.
    There is NO freakin way I would pay them any kind of subscription to what essentially equates to (most likely, unless they pull some CoD-miracle out of their butt) a game that is rage-inducingly frustrating half the time.
    I enjoyed MW2. I enjoyed BlOps. But then I sold them both, because eventually the hate just becomes too much. Do they just not want people to buy it in the first place? Sound like a top-notch plan.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    If they charge me to play, then i'm probably not getting this. I would have to see what is being offered first but i'm thinking i'll hold off on going apeshit until I hear more.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    If they charge me to play, then i'm probably not getting this.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'll wait until they give some details to get all mad about it. If it's something like what halo has been offering since 3, I'll have no problem with it.

Paying to play would be monumentally stupid though.

dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hrm.

I was looking for a reason not to buy this.

I think I might have found it.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Give it a few months. If we get concrete evidence of it, I will ram the bus into a wall and kill everyone in the process.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rami wrote: »
    I doubt they'd do something so monumentally stupid as charge for online play. That would see the vast majority of their playerbase instantly switch over to MoH/Battlefield. It's going to be more about that online service they've been working on that will retain persistant profiles that carry over to other games and such. I expect the subscription version will include perks related to joining games (reserved spots?), player/gun skins, bonus or upgraded ingame perks, faster leveling etc.

As long as players can't get an advantage over me by paying for something, I don't care. Well, unless they charge a subscription fee. Pretty much fuck that.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Give it a few months. If we get concrete evidence of it, I will ram the bus into a wall and kill everyone in the process.

:)

As such, the gameplay shown looks baller as fuck and I want to see what happens to Price and Soap. I think the hype bus needs a big obnoxious horn installed on it.

Mulletude on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm down for violent games with decent netcode this evening. Actually, I may have had enough whiskey to not notice my bullets are incorporeal. Anyways, I'll be back on shortly.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Missing a LeggMissing a Legg Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I will wait for the details. I don't know how a subscription fee would work when people just from game to game almost month to month now. Charging full price and then additional fees for on-line would not make allot of sense either.Will Activision try to dick over the players? sure, but what company isn't?

Missing a Legg on
    GT:Missing a legg
    PSN:Missing_a_legg
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My guess is they will have some sort of "Elite" option which will be subscription based which will allow you to play on dedicated servers also I bet Elite subscription will give access to more weapons. While you will still be able to play the basic online features it will be very enticing to buy this premium content and pretty much everyone will. They will probably give you a 30 day trial with every new copy so folks get used to playing on better servers and using the premium weapons that they end up shelling out for the subscription each month.

If the premium content is just a subscription to play the typical multiplayer features they can fuck right off.

jonny439 on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have a feeling it will be something like Bungie Pro, where you get a bigger file share, can upload bigger clips to youtube, etc.

Or it may be something that lets you buy certain titles/emblems or some other crap, but I highly doubt it will be anything stopping people from actually playing.

Ganluan on