Feminism [chat]

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man, where's Cinders. I have all this good stuff for him
    CINDERS, MEMORIZE THIS: http://wiki.ifrs.com/

tyrannus on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That guy has a whole line of stuff

Pretty cool laptop that's styled as a leather-bound grimore

TL DR on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, feminism and steampunk in the same [chat]?

Holy shit, thanks for lighting the Pony signal again.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    that thing is ridiculous

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh, apparently I had to enter an app-specific password for Picasa even though I was already signed into web albums in Chrome.

Well, here's to hoping I never have to do that again.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feminism [chat]?

Feminism [chat]?!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cake is cooling

woo!

unfortunately the full container of eggs appears to have gone bad

so we have one left

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wazilla wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    why are all these french fucks in my pokemon game

I'm part French you fucking bigot.

*Insert Big-O joke here*

beckVictoryDeluxe.gif

(Maybe that's too obscure, but I really like that image and haven't used it in forever)

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Feminism [chat]?

Feminism [chat]?!

We already got that out of the way.

Treat it like any other [chat] now.

wazilla on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Antimatter on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    what the

two hour nap

what is everything

so confused

desc on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Cat wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

Phew, talk about an overreaction!

You're funny about the labels you pick and choose, and you're way more vocal than you need to be in avoiding those you think might make problems for you. Doesn't make you some kind of monster. But if this is how you handle the slightest bit of criticism I can see why people don't make trouble for you any more. Its because you bury them in walls of text and condescending emotional pejoratives.

Disappointed in me, indeed. You're not grading my life, duder.

It wasn't a "slight bit of criticism", Cat. It was insulting and rude and hypocritical.

Sorry if you're insulted, but its not hypocritical, because I don't shy away from identifying as things that I am. Even when it costs me.

Well, it is hypocritical if you aren't okay with people asserting other labels on you, which I'm assuming you aren't. When you make a statement like "You're either okay with labels or you aren't", you follow the logic of that statement or you don't. You presented an absolute. Is it okay if I started calling you names or saying you are this or that, even if you don't really want that? I don't think it is. But a statement like "You're either okay with labels or you aren't" doesn't leave for nuance. Being an absolutist is a sure as hell road to hypocrisy, Cat.
    I'm willing to apologize to you for my rude tone and snide demeanor, regardless of whether or not you are willing to apologize for an ignorant, insulting comment you snapped off and then being dismissive when you could see you pushed a button.

So, I'm sorry that I misunderstood you and I'm sorry that I over-reacted to you. You say you didn't mean to insult me, and I'm willing to believe that. I don't know if you're capable of seeing how I could see what you said as insulting bullshit, but if you can at least meet me halfway and stop with the "TL;DR" bullshit, like somehow I had no reason to react like I did.

You are unreasonably hostile towards me on a consistent basis for no good reason. I am not your enemy. You have plenty enough enemies in your life without making one out of me, so knock it off.

I was with you until that last paragraph. I'm not "consistently hostile" to you just because I'm not in full agreement with your every action. And you really wanted to wind up this post by threatening me? With the comment that I have "lots of enemies" and that you might be inclined to become one? How the hell is that supposed to be constructive, or indeed, have any basis in reality?

I wasn't trying to threaten you, but I can see how you could perceive it that way, and I'm sorry that you did. What I mean by that is, there's many occasions where we are arguing the same point, but in different fashions. However, because I make that same point differently than you do (often appealing to diplomatic or more commonality-based ideas, instead of direct bludgeon like you prefer) you end up attacking me when I wasn't even arguing with you.

And when you do disagree with me? You give me this condescending, petulant tone like I'm not even worth the time to treat with any kind of respect. You don't see me as having a differing viewpoint to be argued with, you see me as being wrong and in need of correction.

You are hostile towards me basically any time you respond directly to my posts. Cat it's exceedingly rare for you to ever quote anything I say without arguing with me in your direct, offense-oriented tone, and when it does happen it's generally not on something of substance.

Maybe you don't notice, but I do. Maybe you don't give a shit! I do.

I don't try to be your enemy, I actually try to be your friend more often than not. But you seem pretty content to push me away and be rude to me even when I'm on your side. It's like you actively don't want me to be nice to you. Maybe that's wrong! But I'm left with limited interpretations.

Pony on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm off to bed. I think tomorrow I'll research to see where and when I can see the aurora borealis.

I'M GOING TO SEE IT DAMMIT. Major goal in life.

Mim on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaiqmvUPEsU

What the fuck is this shit???

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    desc wrote: »
    what the

two hour nap

what is everything

so confused

two hour naps are just

just horrible

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    what the

two hour nap

what is everything

so confused

The words of a person whose life is depressingly devoid of naps.

wazilla on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Huh

Forsaken World is actually pretty good. Very polished for a free game, similar in quality to Allods minus the terrible.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    it's dark but 7 PM. Okay. so it's not ... like ... 3 AM.

my life is depressingly devoid of sleep period, thanks to my fuckass neighbors.

waking up from an overly-long nap at night is a very Dark City form of bewilderment

desc on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Where did you find that video?

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    synthesized voices are creepy

Pony on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

YouTube from the looks of it.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

They play during the commercial breaks on... one of the hulu-esque sites I use.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Should I paint my nails purple and then wear a pretty purple shirt and purple glasses to Games Workshop tomorrow?

• Options
    edited March 2011
    mrflippy wrote: »

*dies*

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Should I paint my nails purple and then wear a pretty purple shirt and purple glasses to Games Workshop tomorrow?

if your army uses any purple at all, the answer is definitely yes

desc on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    mrflippy wrote: »

*dies*

I'm watching videos and I keep hitting the related videos at the end to see where I end up

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

just walk in naked.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

yes

Pony on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Ugh, I don't have the energy for this, especially when i'm being harangued by duplicate posts in chat and PM. Pony! Sometimes your approach to posting irritates me. I say so when it does. Please to not be freaking out and writing huge dramatic essays over it. Its unnecessary that you feel the need to long-windedly berate anyone who disagrees with you in this fashion.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mim wrote: »
    I'm off to bed. I think tomorrow I'll research to see where and when I can see the aurora borealis.

I'M GOING TO SEE IT DAMMIT. Major goal in life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO2P-RO7UVA

e: yes, Cass, do it

Antimatter on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know I kind of feel like Australia should actually buy an aircraft carrier. I mean, the biggest use of our military is humanitarian and peacekeeping within the pacific, and they sure do seem like really god damn useful transport ships for rescue and recovery.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think I'm ready for a new theme.

Who wants to help me make a Moon Over June theme.

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Ugh, I don't have the energy for this, especially when i'm being harangued by duplicate posts in chat and PM. Pony! Sometimes your approach to posting irritates me. I say so when it does. Please to not be freaking out and writing huge dramatic essays over it. Its unnecessary that you feel the need to long-windedly berate anyone who disagrees with you in this fashion.

I'm only being long-winded because I'm trying to talk to you like an adult and give you a comprehensive point instead of just being like "no, u".

I just wanted an explanation for why you act towards me like you do. We both know you do it, and the best you can give me is "because you bug me".

That's not really fair, but if you can't be bothered to talk to me about it instead of just tl;dr'ing me, I give up.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Cass, you're a generally awesome chick, and then you post this
    soooooooooo confuuuuuuuused
    :?

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

do Beetlejuice instead

tyrannus on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

if your army uses any purple at all, the answer is definitely yes

I should wear solid grey and take all my unpainted Orks to a place one day. Course, we don't even have a GW in my state.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Antimatter wrote: »

Cass, you're a generally awesome chick, and then you post this
    soooooooooo confuuuuuuuused
    :?

there's an important part of Cass' psyche you have to remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g

Pony on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jesus, you know what I just processed? The earthquake in Japan went on for 2 and half god damn minutes.

How long that is, just struck me.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Maybe I'm not a troll maybe I just enjoy the fine art and fantastic humor of moon ovohahahahaahahahah aaahahahahahaha

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    cass, I would literally hate you if you made us look at moon over june every time you post

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.