raaaage post

maybe if you were nicer she'd listen

tyrannus on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    BTW holy christ did people freak out over this tsunami bullshit. Like apparently in the middle of the night people showed up to buy water and other supplies.

Only it's not BS. :P

Maybe not for you but for people in California to act like 'holy shit a tsunami is coming we must prepare for the apocalypse' when you're 30 miles away from the coast is STUPID.

Man, after the gulf coast and this I'm so over it.

Even when we eventually move to the Seattle area I'm stocking up on all of my supplies ASAP and EVERYTHING is going to be secured to the walls.

Just in case.

Yesssssss.

I will say I fucking love Hawai'i. I really really do. But tsunamis scare the ever living shit out of me, more than hurricanes. But not as much as tornados. Maybe.

Luckily tsunamis are physicially impossible in Seattle (there is a good sized mountain range between Seattle and the Pacific, and the Puget Sound is too shallow and narrow to support large waves that far south). Though earthquakes are a real possibility.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    raaaage post

maybe if you were nicer she'd listen

well she made it very clear she has no patience for diplomacy, nuance, or kindness

so that's fine

we can play that ballgame too, i'm experienced

Pony on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    poshniallo wrote: »
    HAHAH

Still not dead!

<3

I'm really glad to hear this!

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BTW holy christ did people freak out over this tsunami bullshit. Like apparently in the middle of the night people showed up to buy water and other supplies.

Only it's not BS. :P

Maybe not for you but for people in California to act like 'holy shit a tsunami is coming we must prepare for the apocalypse' when you're 30 miles away from the coast is STUPID.

Man, after the gulf coast and this I'm so over it.

Even when we eventually move to the Seattle area I'm stocking up on all of my supplies ASAP and EVERYTHING is going to be secured to the walls.

Just in case.

Yesssssss.

I will say I fucking love Hawai'i. I really really do. But tsunamis scare the ever living shit out of me, more than hurricanes. But not as much as tornados. Maybe.

Luckily tsunamis are physicially impossible in Seattle (there is a good sized mountain range between Seattle and the Pacific, and the Puget Sound is too shallow and narrow to support large waves that far south). Though earthquakes are a real possibility.

Doesn't matter! I'll be ready!

/crazyperson

radroadkill on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    my head aghhhhh

help

either get rid of the pain or destroy it do somethiiiiiiiiing

Your psychic powers are building up in your head. You need to release them.
    I wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish

I would go on a dang telekinetic warpath

I'm just depressed and lonely and in pain and blugh

I'd go Dark Phoenix on everyone. Oh man, so many grudges held over the years would get taken care of in an instant.

And depression sucks. I'm totally hating on myself currently. We'll be depressed together Antimatter.

Mim on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    I think the closest I got to harassment was actually in Borders. I was looking at some magazines and this woman started hitting on me...I think. She wouldn't really let up actually. She kept giggling and said "You look like Angelina Jolie!"

I think she might've been drunk.

Oh god

I think I may have done this to someone D:

You hit on a girl who looks nothing like Angelina Jolie in Borders and wouldn't give up til she ran away giggling nervously?

Cause we might've met.

Oh not precisely, but similar. While drunk

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm pretty oblivious about being harassed. One time, I thought I was just chatting all friendly like with this person, and then they tried to follow me into a bathroom. It was one of those one toilet bathrooms.

One time in Staples, I went looking for this pen (I'm a pen freak) and this guy who worked there couldn't find it and I was all "well I saw it on your website but I guess I'll just get it there" but he wanted me to show it to him on the computer. Then he put his hand over mine when I touched the mouse and I yanked my hand away pretty fast as I don't really like being touched.

Then as I left, he stood from the top of the store and watched me and my family leave.

Like... on the roof? I've never seen a Staples that had an upstairs or anything... So this is coming off as super ominous.

wazilla on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    my head aghhhhh

help

I wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish

I'd go Dark Phoenix on everyone. Oh man, so many grudges held over the years would get taken care of in an instant.

And depression sucks. I'm totally hating on myself currently. We'll be depressed together Antimatter.
    NO WAY

WE WILL BE BETTER AND THEN MAKE THINGS BETTER

PSYCHIC PEACEKEEPING EFFORTS ARE GO

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    if i had telekinesis i'd go get a fucking job

in construction

Pony on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    poshniallo wrote: »
    HAHAH

Still not dead!

<3<3<3

Is everyone alright?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    wazilla wrote: »
    I'm pretty oblivious about being harassed. One time, I thought I was just chatting all friendly like with this person, and then they tried to follow me into a bathroom. It was one of those one toilet bathrooms.

One time in Staples, I went looking for this pen (I'm a pen freak) and this guy who worked there couldn't find it and I was all "well I saw it on your website but I guess I'll just get it there" but he wanted me to show it to him on the computer. Then he put his hand over mine when I touched the mouse and I yanked my hand away pretty fast as I don't really like being touched.

Then as I left, he stood from the top of the store and watched me and my family leave.

Like... on the roof? I've never seen a Staples that had an upstairs or anything... So this is coming off as super ominous.

This Staples had two floors. So he was leaning over the top wall...I don't know how to explain it, but the dude was watching me as I left.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    my head aghhhhh

help

I wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish

NO WAY

yes, yes

remove the bad thoughts

even if people don't want you to

Pony on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If I had telekinesis I'd jack myself off 50 times a day in public.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    my head aghhhhh

help

I wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish

NO WAY

Dark Phoenix was probably my favorite mini-series of the 90's cartoon.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

This Staples had two floors. So he was leaning over the top wall...I don't know how to explain it, but the dude was watching me as I left.

Ok, that makes sense. I just thought for a moment he was perched upon the roof like Batman, surveying his prey.

wazilla on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

in construction

you'd underbid against local subcontractors that actually spent money on business-making assets? you horrible person

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think the closest I got to harassment was actually in Borders. I was looking at some magazines and this woman started hitting on me...I think. She wouldn't really let up actually. She kept giggling and said "You look like Angelina Jolie!"

I think she might've been drunk.

Oh god

I think I may have done this to someone D:

You hit on a girl who looks nothing like Angelina Jolie in Borders and wouldn't give up til she ran away giggling nervously?

Cause we might've met.

Oh not precisely, but similar. While drunk

Oh okay. Well if you ever hit on a girl who looks Black or Half Japanese (I don't know why people think that. They almost never guess right that I'm half Puerto Rican)...it was me.

I'm still not sure what she was thinking. Halle Berry is at least closer to my skin tone than Angelina Jolie.

Plus I'm still team Aniston.

Mim on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

creeeeeepy

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

in construction

You remember that scene from the first Iron Man? When he goes back? I'm thinking along those lines.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »

in construction

you'd underbid against local subcontractors that actually spent money on business-making assets? you horrible person

the dark truth of super-hero settings

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    my head aghhhhh

help

I wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish

NO WAY

Dark Phoenix was probably my favorite mini-series of the 90's cartoon.

I haven't gotten that far yet (I have bootleg copies of the X-Men 90s cartoon). I'm trying to catch up on Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, Archer and I keep watching Community on DVD/DVR.

Mim on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pony and I were making my M&M character and I was like

Ok I want the ability to wear someone's body and move them around like a meat puppet

And he's like Okay do you want the ability that makes it so they're unaware of this happening?

And I'm like nope

I want them to be fully aware.

and he was all

d-dang...

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Pony and I were making my M&M character and I was like

Ok I want the ability to wear someone's body and move them around like a meat puppet

And he's like Okay do you want the ability that makes it so they're unaware of this happening?

And I'm like nope

I want them to be fully aware.

and he was all

d-dang...
    D:

D:D:D:

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The one power I really want is shapeshifting

wanna be a pretty lady

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Ok, that makes sense. I just thought for a moment he was perched upon the roof like Batman, surveying his prey.

You know...I didn't look at the top of the building when I left, so it could've happened.

Mim on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can see how that would be enticing

ed: @cass's post

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

wanna be a pretty lady

I'd shapeshift myself into a giant wang.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    that's the worst case of penis envy I've ever heard

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

wanna be a pretty lady

i once made a superhero named Everyman

he only had two superpowers

shapeshifting
    and duplication

Pony on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

wanna be a pretty lady

When my brother went to York a bunch of male students made a giant snow penis.

A little while later feminists knocked it down, yelling about how no one should have to look at an erect phallus if they don't want to.

• Options
    edited March 2011

wanna be a pretty lady

shapeshifting
    and duplication

welp

Have I mentioned I love pun names for superheroes
    I came up with one trio, for example
    a fire manipulator that can decrease gravity
    an ice manipulator that can increase gravity
    and an electricity manipulator that can control inertia
    Warmup, Cooldown, and Overload

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

wanna be a pretty lady

A little while later feminists knocked it down, yelling about how no one should have to look at an erect phallus if they don't want to.

hahahahahaha

feminists

stock-vector-retro-man-smoking-pipe-57378241.jpg

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

wanna be a pretty lady

Did the male students then adopt extremely relaxed positions and thank the feminists for knocking down their erection in such a timely and enthusiastic manner?

wazilla on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    The Cat wrote: »
    Wait, why would you say you aren't a feminist?

I mean, I get that if someone asks "Who/what are you?", you may not mention feminism explicitly. But what about feminism do you specifically disagree with, that would make the term not apply to you?

i'm not a huge fan of self-identifying myself by labels.

if you notice, while i talk about things like my political viewpoints, my religious beliefs, my ethical stances, sexual orientation, etc. without really much hesitation

rarely do i identify such things with labels

it's not because labels for such things do not exist or do not apply to me

it's that those labels that would likely, in my opinion, best describe those things are also ones that are generally contentious and carry a lot of prejudices and misinformation.

and to be quite frank i'm not interested in a discussion on say, my political views, being bogged down by me first explaining what i mean when i say i am this or that.

instead i just say what i believe and allow those views to be argued with on their own legs

the only labels i readily identify myself with are ones that are either obvious and non-contentious (i am white, and male, and Canadian!) or facetious and sort of a gag (nerd or bro)

Yeah, I've pointed this out before, but basically you refuse to identify with anything that could possibly cost you socially. I find it understandable, but kind of irritating and hypocritical. either you're ok with labels or you're not, don't just pick the ones that you think make you look good.

No, Cat, sorry.

You don't get to pull this bullshit on me. You're a decent person, and I like you, but I'm not going to be okay with you sitting there and simultaneously being full of shit and also creating some fantasy version of me in your mind that doesn't exist.

Firstly, the statement "you're either okay with labels or you aren't" is so mind-numbingly hypocritical coming from a self-identified feminist it makes my god damn head spin. What if I decided the appropriate label for you was hippie? Are you okay with that? Maybe. Maybe not. But that doesn't matter, apparently, because you're either okay with someone else saying you're a hippie or you can't say you're a feminist, apparently!

What if I decided that the label for an assertive, argumentative woman who doesn't back down was cunt? What if cunt had a lot of mainstream pull, it was a common label for women like that. Would you be okay with being called cunt? Would it be hypocritical of you to self-identify as a feminist but not a cunt?

Ridiculous sounding? You fucking betcha. But that's what your argument is here. You're making an "all or nothing" decision about what labels a person chooses to apply to themselves. I'll remember that the next time some gay dude objects to being called a faggot.

It doesn't even have to be insulting! Would you call yourself "liberal" Cat? Based on what I know of you, I'd feel "liberal" would be pretty appropriate for you to label yourself with. You're pretty left-wing socially, at least, so it seems! I don't know what your economic stances are, we've never had that conversation, you and I.

So, in order to call yourself a feminist, do you also need to call yourself a liberal because someone else has decided that label applies to you?

Alright, moving on from that point, and on to your fantasy version of me. You use the phrase "cost you socially". If by "cost you socially" you mean "stupid arguments about bullshit labels instead of explaining myself" then yes, I avoid labels that will "cost me socially".

I don't self-identify, usually, my religious beliefs by name for example. Why? Because the name can be applied to a lot of people, with wildly differing beliefs, and while there's a specific term for the denomination of that religion I follow, it's widely not known so it ends up not mattering much to people. They hear the name of the religion as a whole, and they start making bullshit assumptions based on the people they've encountered that also call themselves that. I don't know who those people are, I don't know if I agree with them or not, and I don't want to be compared in the minds of others with those people if it is practically avoidable.

Saying it like I am avoiding it "costing me socially" is putting some kind of insidious spin on it, like I'm somehow trying to pass as something I'm not or fit in with a society that would rebuke me. That's an incredibly presumptuous and rude assumption on your part, based on bullshit, and I fucking reject you on it.

It's thiiiiiiiiis close to accusing me of "tomming" or something, like by avoiding referring to myself by certain labels I'm trying to appease to some larger power structure I want to be a part of while still condemning.

Quite honestly?

I am extremely disappointed in you.

Phew, talk about an overreaction!

You're funny about the labels you pick and choose, and you're way more vocal than you need to be in avoiding those you think might make problems for you. Doesn't make you some kind of monster. But if this is how you handle the slightest bit of criticism I can see why people don't make trouble for you any more. Its because you bury them in walls of text and condescending emotional pejoratives.

Disappointed in me, indeed. You're not grading my life, duder.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    gonna punch you in the face

the fury of a thousand feminists behind my fists

• Options
    edited March 2011

my puns weren't that bad

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

my puns weren't that bad

they were quite pun-ishing

i might have to sue you

for pun-itive damages

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

wanna be a pretty lady

shapeshifting
    and duplication

:^:

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    that's the worst case of penis envy I've ever heard

Have you been here for my phantom penis stories? I read up on phantom penis syndrome and they're common in male to female trans* (is it a star? I don't know), but I was born a lady (though the sonogram technician told my folks they were having a boy).

Either way, I'd be a giant wang with arms and legs and I'd run around and give people hugs. Or try to. I don't want to get knocked down by people who don't want to see phallic members.

Mim on
This discussion has been closed.