Options

Missed Connections - Finding people you met but didn't exchange contact info

TimmyTrogdorTimmyTrogdor Registered User new member
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
I'm starting this thread to aid the efforts in finding people you met over the weekend but didn't get a chance to/forgot to exchange contact info with.
I'm sure I'm not the only who played games/ate meals/hung out with people and missed the opportunity to get contact information for whatever reason, so hopefully this helps connect people.

To Sara, the cosplayer dressed as Codex

On Saturday, I helped teach Hex Hex to you and your group of friends.

If you see this, and remember the guy in the gray hoodie and Mega Man hat teaching you and your friends the game, that is me.
I had wanted to exchange contact information, but got pulled away by a phone call. We were briefly talking about conventions in the NY tri-state area.

TimmyTrogdor on

• Options
    rubywingsrubywings Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We met a large group of people at a Chinese restaurant who called themselves "The Random Encounter Group," and then we fed them terrible terrible "candy." I'd love to find someone from this group =D

rubywings on
  • Options
    MadM3rlinMadM3rlin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can we get this stickied? I am looking for two people I spoke to from Northern Mass. They went to a weird college I can't remember the name of. One was drawing, the other was playing DS. They were sitting on the outside of the right escalator at the front entrance. Long shot but yeah, maybe it will work.

MadM3rlin on
  • Options
    ArmyKnifeArmyKnife Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There was an awesome dude Nick I spent an hour in line with at the BF3 booth - kinda parted ways quickly after, woulda been cool to get some contact info.

ArmyKnife on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to place this here so people can't say I didn't warn them. The second this thread turns creepy, infractions go out and the thread goes away.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    OcTavius12OcTavius12 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    had my picture taken with a girl(ezio) and a dude (altair)

lady ezio had a media pass. Both seemed pretty cool
    if ether one has a psn hit me up OcTavius12

OcTavius12 on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Me and my girlfriend played SWTOR with a couple of guys from Boston. They were cool. I'd like to get their contact info for future SWTOR endeavors. We played on Saturday at about 3-3:30 after waiting in line all day. We would have beat the flashpoint easily if the Bioware guys hadn't kicked us off before our 45 minutes was up. Gabe showed up and played in the same group of people we went in with. I played the trooper and my girlfriend played the smuggler and these guys played the Jedi characters.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ArmyKnife wrote: »
    There was an awesome dude Nick I spent an hour in line with at the BF3 booth - kinda parted ways quickly after, woulda been cool to get some contact info.

Maybe that was me? I like to ramble on about magfest and how great battlefield 2 is.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was the English guy wearing a Sherlock Holmes hat and a tweed cape.

People I didn't get contact info from:

The group of three people who were cosplaying the modern Sherlock series. You guys ROCKED.

The couple I met three times throughout PAX. Once at the Edition Wars panel, once at the Getting the Most Out of Your GM Panel, and once when we all played Wrath of Ashardalon together. Had a great time whenever we hung out :)

The guy I played against in the third round of the mini-master on Saturday. I gave you all my cards as a reward for winning :D How'd you end up doing in the tournament?

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    btw, please please don't turn this thread creepy, folks. Moe's banhammer is poised over this thing like...a poised banhammer over a potentially creepy thread.

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is a call for pretty much anyone from /dance.

We have a Facebook group! http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_186972898010582&ap=1

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    natedoggcatanatedoggcata Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I didnt believe it at first when I read the PAX Survival guide but next year I am definitely bringing a whole stack of business cards with my contact info on them so I can reconnect with all the awesome peeps that I met

natedoggcata on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I'm going to place this here so people can't say I didn't warn them. The second this thread turns creepy, infractions go out and the thread goes away.

No one tell PikaPuff about this thread.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    ArmyKnifeArmyKnife Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Maybe that was me? I like to ramble on about magfest and how great battlefield 2 is.

Maybe! Did you have a video camera to film for a show with?

ArmyKnife on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Maybe! Did you have a video camera to film for a show with?

Nah, must have been someone else. I was in line for bf3 friday morning between about 11 and 12, and was sans video camera. I had a MAGFest exhibitor badge. Good luck finding the other nick!

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There were a lot of people I didn't get contact info from and if you are one of those people, a link to my facebook is below...add me! :)

but here are my two main missed connections:

The group of guys from Virginia that were staying at the Hampton Inn! You were all such dapper gentlemen the whole weekend and I'm sorry I didn't get your contact info! Thank you for putting up with our shenanigans on the shuttle ride and for always holding the doors n such. Major kupos to you!

The two guys in line before us for Battlefield on Saturday: You were both really funny and you showed us great convention curtesy. I'm sorry we got cut off in line and couldnt come in to enjoy B3 with you!

Here's the link to my FB:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528262498&success=1

Kupos all around! <3

MissMoogle on
    Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • Options
    KualtekKualtek Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    My girlfriend and I befriended some nice people at the tabletop area painting mini's. We went to wagamama's for food and it was a great time. Bad social habits meant I didn't ask for contact info! Are you guys out there?

Kualtek on
  • Options
    chrismsxchrismsx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My two friends and I were playing Little Big Planet and this girl asked us to play, she showed us how to play the game and we had loads of fun riding those ugly rabbit dog looking things. She was really sarcastic and pretty funny. We never exchanged names but she was a pretty cool person. I'd like to game with her again lol.

chrismsx on
  • Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    One of my favorite moments from PAx was laying in line for the Saturday night concert, listening to a few drunk guys and this other group who was teaching this girl how to play magic. Ash from Evil Dead fame kept telling people to watch out and don't step on his chain saw. But said nothing about stepping on the girl who was right next to the chain saw. lol

My one regret was not being social enough. I was too busy being wide eyed and trying see everything. Which is impossible.

Kyuss on
  • Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

So no asking if I can have the female Ezio's babies?

GrimRupert on
    I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2011
    GrimRupert wrote: »

So no asking if I can have the female Ezio's babies?

Exactly

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    First thing Friday morning, I participated in the Learn to Play D&D session. I think it was table 34. I was Berrian, the mage and my friend was BOB the dwarf that sucked at everything. Another character at our table was called Large.

You were cool people. I forgot to exchange contact info. Hopefully you're on this board!

BoomShake on
  • Options
    Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    btw, please please don't turn this thread creepy, folks. Moe's banhammer is poised over this thing like...a poised banhammer over a potentially creepy thread.

Poised over this thread like....a g6?

Also, I was the guy with a futurama full sleeve. I talked to people all over the place. On Friday night I talked to a friendly group while doing line management for the Giant Bombcast. Talked to some awesome people while holding the door and line at the jamspace saturday during the second half of armcannon and during powerglove.

Nick from Magfest is probably the coolest Nick I've met.

Aside from that, I was all over the place. Say hi!

Oldmangloom315 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hi old man gloom! I'm terrible with names/faces, when did we meet again? You'll be at MAGFest this coming January, right? :P

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hi old man gloom! I'm terrible with names/faces, when did we meet again? You'll be at MAGFest this coming January, right? :P

Saturday during all of the concerts and Saturday night. :)

My friends want to go so if I can work it out financially, I totally will.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    RIGHT! It'll be great to see you, but I don't want to force you into bankruptcy just to see little old me again.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh! there was this guy i kept running into that was pretty cool.
    he was wearing this really nice suit and had this guy with a backpack following him around who was also pretty cool.

wait....

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Options
    justconcentratejustconcentrate Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Hey, dude-who-stepped-on-my-ankle-right-before-Protomen-to-the-right-of-the-sound-stage!

I was wearing a knit panda hat. Your tagline was "I didn't see you there.... or did I?"

I'm so dense. I didn't realise you might've been flirting until the next day. :v: Boo. :(

So, if you happen to read this, PM me. Plz n thnx! ^.~

justconcentrate on
  • Options
    kid_nyckid_nyc Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sammy wrote: »
    he was wearing this really nice suit and had this guy with a backpack following him around who was also pretty cool.

wait....

yeah, i saw them 4 times between friday and saturday. i stopped them friday to say a big thanks for putting the convention on. and then i saw them twice after that, just by chance.

i hope they weren't creeped out..... O_o

kid_nyc on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That_Guy wrote: »

No one tell PikaPuff about this thread.
    But he is already here

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    driver01zdriver01z Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    On Saturday, I think, I checked out Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for Wii in the console freeplay area. When I bought it back the girl that checked the game in and returned my ID - she saw the game and said "oh cool I didn't know they had this Resident Evil for Wii I will have to try it" - something like that - then she got my ID and saw I lived in Arlington and she said she lived there too, and we might be in a mile or 2 of each other. So I was wondering if she's out there and I hope she enjoys RE on Wii.

driver01z on
  • Options
    shadowshipshadowship Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wish I thought of this or someone did for last year's pax. I know this is a bit last year. There is one guy I met on sunday at last year's PAX, who dressed up as Indiana Jones. I know he's from Rochester, NY. But go to school here in the Queens, NY. Please contact me, if anyone know anything or if you are that person. I wonder if you want to hang out or something.

shadowship on
  • Options
    SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    kid_nyc wrote: »
    Sammy wrote: »

wait....

yeah, i saw them 4 times between friday and saturday. i stopped them friday to say a big thanks for putting the convention on. and then i saw them twice after that, just by chance.

i hope they weren't creeped out..... O_o

Don't think you have anything to worry about. Lol. Everytime I talked to the poor man I got him swarmed.
    Half banned from PAX at this point.

:P

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Options
    bustin98bustin98 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Had dinner with Andy from DC and 'J' from San Antonio one evening. Nice conversation, fun to meet people with very similar points of view.

bustin98 on
    Xbox Live, PSN, Twitter: bustin98
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Man, I am not nearly social enough at PAX. Though the pokéwalker is the ultimate icebreaker.

I think I just dread meeting awesome people only to leave them on Sunday. It's so fleeting.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    HolyyakkerHolyyakker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay - So my late night Arkham game went down pretty well. But I have no idea who signed up via forum and who signed up via twitter and who I ran into in the elevator/lobby and invited up. So if you went to the Saturday night board game thingy in the Boston Back Bay Hilton then drop me a PM (or ignore me - your choice).

Holyyakker on
    "Beware to March of Dimes" - MacBeth
  • Options
    Proto200XProto200X Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Well this will be really random...on the way from the train station to the con a girl noticed my Streetlight Manifesto hoodie and we ended up talking the entire way to the con. I had kinda left my friends behind at that point so we parted ways...I would have asked if you wanted to hang out but I didn't know if it would be weird. Anyways if you see this by chance, you seemed really awesome, I'd love to chat again sometime.

Proto200X on
  • Options
    JOEPROJOEPRO Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei Wilmington, DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, I'm trying to figure out who the two dudes playing 2v2 Reach on Sunday at the Turtle Beach booth were. They were going on a crazy winning spree and I wanted to ask them if they were pro players but forgot. Also, I wish I wasn't as quiet as I was. First time going and alone, being surrounded by thousands of people was just crazy and made me speechless.

JOEPRO on
    The ex-hosts of X-Play & Attack of the Show should be the floor hosts of the twitch.tv streams at PAX East!
  • Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Man, I am not nearly social enough at PAX. Though the pokéwalker is the ultimate icebreaker.

I think I just dread meeting awesome people only to leave them on Sunday. It's so fleeting.
    JOEPRO wrote:
    I wish I wasn't as quiet as I was. First time going and alone, being surrounded by thousands of people was just crazy and made me speechless.

This wasn't my first con, but I've got self-conscious issues myself with this sort of thing. I feel like turning to someone in line next to me is an interruption of their personal space and so I prefer to remain quiet.

Sunday I forced myself to be social, though, and I discovered some things.
    1. People want to discuss what they've seen at the show. Ask them what they've played in the Expo Hall or what panels they've checked out.
    2. If they don't want to talk, then they'll just give simple responses and the conversation will reach its natural conclusion.
    3. Oddly enough, I found that feminines were more open to conversation with strangers than dudes. This is pretty much the exact opposite of real world rules. As such, don't be afraid to talk to the women-folk.
    4. THAT said, don't talk to them because "they sure are purdy". Girls can smell that sort of thing. Talk to them because you want to meet people, not because you're looking for a girlfriend or hook-up.

I am now more prepared for PAX East 2012 (or, if I decide to be careless with my money, PAX Prime 2011).

GrimRupert on
    I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, on Sunday, I met a number of people on the line for Mike and Jerry's signing!

A girl playing Pokemon that got on line at the same time as me, a really cool guy that showed me Death Angel, a guy who made a Fruit Fucker snowglobe, and a lady who was collecting sketches and signatures for a friend!

I was the guy who was trying to collect the signatures for his badge, and I think I talked about Library Science a couple of times.

If you any of you see this, I just wanted to say that you all were really cool and made what could have been a really boring line experience into something awesome! It was really fun talking to you all!

Skullo on
  • Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, dude-who-stepped-on-my-ankle-right-before-Protomen-to-the-right-of-the-sound-stage!

I was wearing a knit panda hat. Your tagline was "I didn't see you there.... or did I?"

I'm so dense. I didn't realise you might've been flirting until the next day. :v: Boo. :(

So, if you happen to read this, PM me. Plz n thnx! ^.~

I know how you feel, same thing happened to me while playing in the arcade room, or so my friend says... lol wish I tried striking up more of a convo with her...

Korvas on