As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon Black and White and THREAD ALL OVER

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so is the substitute TM supposed to be in the basement floor of twist mountain where the ice rock thing (presumably for glaceon) is?

because all I found down there was flash cannon, TM91

edit: or am I retarded and the winter only area is elsewhere in this shithole

edit2: nevermind, found it

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ghostalker wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »
    So, is the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection not working for anybody else? Maybe I cant use my phone as a mobile hotspot and connect to Nintendo's servers? My DS is connecting to my phone, but I cant connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi connect thing (Ive tried in both Pokemon White and Mario Kart DS).

EDIT: Just used my home network and it worked. Shitty, as I really dont want my network to be set to WEP...

Bringing this back from a page ago but were you getting the 61020 error too? I've been trying to connect using my 3DS and Lite and despite telling me there's a connection I wasn't able to connect to WFC. Tried a half dozen locations but all no go. I'm guess I should just bite the bullet and get a router?

Also, Cover or Plume fossil? I don't really have a decent water type yet.

That was one of the errors I was getting. It also seems my game doesnt like to connect to my wifi network at times, or maybe some things are just local wifi (which would be really dumb, but whatever)?

I also just bought a USB Wifi dongle which will hopefully work with my DS off Amazon. It ended up costing me about $2.50 after shipping, largely because I forgot I had some money left from an Amazon gift card.

emp123 on
  • Options
    mtjimmermtjimmer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone have an extra Fire Stone? My Black City only sells Thunder Stones, maybe we can make a deal.

mtjimmer on
    3DS: 4940-5610-9523; Pokemon Safari: [Poison] Gloom, Ariados, Whirlipede
  • Options
    florada34florada34 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So for White Forest, is it like, one different person for one different pokemon? Also I'm willing to help out anyone with their Black City or even trade exclusives.

florada34 on
    LoL summoner name: Kamikazi34
    PS4: Kamikazi34Agny
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Chen wrote: »
    If you mean Alomomola I will break you.

Also, take this Heatran already or I'm gonna release it in the Abyssal Ruins.

you still around?

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    mtjimmer wrote: »
    Anyone have an extra Fire Stone? My Black City only sells Thunder Stones, maybe we can make a deal.

I'll take a look.

EDIT: Yep, have one. Going to need your FC though.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm gonna hang out in the wifi room.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm gonna hang out in the wifi room.

That's funny, I don't see you anywhere.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    mtjimmermtjimmer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    mtjimmer wrote: »

I'll take a look.

EDIT: Yep, have one. Going to need your FC though.
    (Mechanical is awesome. Thanks!)

mtjimmer on
    3DS: 4940-5610-9523; Pokemon Safari: [Poison] Gloom, Ariados, Whirlipede
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Not a problem. Hope the attached was something you didn't have too.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    DorkmanDorkman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wait, how does Synchronize help me? Are I not going to be spending most of my time trying to find a Poke w/ Synchronize w/ the nature I desire then go ditto hunting. How is that different then just looking for the Dittos I need

Dorkman on
    Poke Black 2 FC: 0390 6923 7158
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Since I'm blissfully ignorant of all the new Pokémon of this generation, I got a question about one I recently caught.
    Litwick? The Ghost/Fire type that looks like a melting candle. I'm pretty happy with the team I have now, but I'm considering giving that one a go. I'm just wondering if it's a Pokémon that'll turn out to be worth the effort. Also, since this thing seems to be something like this game's Ghastly, I'd like to know if any of its evolutions (assuming it evolves in the first place) only happen by trading.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dorkman wrote: »
    Wait, how does Synchronize help me? Are I not going to be spending most of my time trying to find a Poke w/ Synchronize w/ the nature I desire then go ditto hunting. How is that different then just looking for the Dittos I need

if you lead with a synchronize pokemon, it increases the chances of wild pokemon being the same nature as them, which helps for finding specific dittos

edit: to the above, yes litwick eventually evolves into a sp.atk powerhouse, and you need a dusk stone for the final form iirc

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Litwick doesn't need a trade evolution, but it does require a Dusk Stone to evolve into its final form.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    yes, litwick eventually becomes very strong

it evolves at level 41, and then again with a Duskstone

the level 41 evolution has acceptably mediocre stats, but because stone evolvers lose access to most of their preevolution's moveset, it's kind of tricky to get a good set of moves

luckily, it learns acceptable moves at fairly low levels (will o wisp, flame burst, hex (which has 50 power most of the time, but doubles in power when used on a pokemon with a status effect such as Burn), especially if you get the shadow ball TM at the relic castle

its final evolution's stats are really great

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ZombiewskiZombiewski New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone got a spare Vulaby or Mandibuzz to trade? Stupid GTS doesn't recognize Battle Subway Pokemon as "seen", and it's the only non-legendary I need to complete the Unova dex.

I can trade any of the new starters (though I have a Tepig all ready to go), a Modest Ditto, Solosis, or Venipede...or really anything else from the Unova dex you need, I'd just have to breed it.

White FC: 0046 2153 0320

Zombiewski on
    Soul Silver FC: 0045 5822 7430, White FC: 0175 2366 9720, White 2 FC: 1636 2031 2006
    My NES blog and my Pokemon Snap tumblr.
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone have an extra Sun Stone?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    ZombiewskiZombiewski New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »

I've got one you can have.

Zombiewski on
    Soul Silver FC: 0045 5822 7430, White FC: 0175 2366 9720, White 2 FC: 1636 2031 2006
    My NES blog and my Pokemon Snap tumblr.
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Dittos are lvl. 50+, so I imagine not. They're also exceedingly rare. I usually use a Synchronizer first in my party with a Smoke Ball, switch to Karp, switch to Haxorus, False Swipe, switch to Lilligant, Sleep Powder, throw ball.
    that's a lot of switching. i've been running fainted synchroniser in slot 1 with karp holding smoke ball, splash then switch to bisharp who runs both swipe and thunder wave. gonna switch bisharp for a breloom or parasect for sporeswiping soon, though.

although i'm not sure if fainted synchronisers still work this gen. can anyone confirm?

Seol on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So my friends and I were talking the other day about DW abilities. They are breedable with a female (40% chance), right? Which means that realistically, we could pick any Eeveelution and if its female, breed it and get all of the Eeveelutions with their DW abilities.

Does anyone see any issues with this plan?

TDawg on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Zombiewski wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »

I've got one you can have.

THANK YOU!

Edit: Chen get online so I don't have a ? next to your name.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    so I finally got around to finishing EV training my weezing. if I have rest without sleep talk, would it be wise to give him a chesto berry so he can wake back up and continue doing whatever?

or should I just give him leftovers and try to tank through it, or rocky helmet as an added deterrent to attacking? problem with the berry route is I can only do that once, so second time around he either has to risk a full rest, or go out fighting/exploding

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    rest + chesto berry works pretty well

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I have more eggs to hand out, any takers?

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Because you could probably breed up every single nature of a pokemon with synchronize in under an hour?

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hey ya'll, is there any way to do wi-fi co-op battle subway with a buddy?

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Because you could probably breed up every single nature of a pokemon with synchronize in under an hour?

Yeah, that just donned on me after I posted that. Thanks for clearing that up though. Much appreciated!

On another note. Anyone have an extra Scyther laying around in a box you don't need? I got garbage to trade! :winky:

Dorkman on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Woo, that's another Squirtle off to a good home (thanks, Dorkman), so I have all the Unova starters now.

Robot, I have an Oshawott now, but next time we're both on we can sort something out for the trades you wanted.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TDawg wrote: »
    So my friends and I were talking the other day about DW abilities. They are breedable with a female (40% chance), right? Which means that realistically, we could pick any Eeveelution and if its female, breed it and get all of the Eeveelutions with their DW abilities.

That's the issue. All DW Eeveelutions are male. Or Nintendo is going to change it up this time which I doubt.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Woo, that's another Squirtle off to a good home (thanks, Dorkman), so I have all the Unova starters now.

Robot, I have an Oshawott now, but next time we're both on we can sort something out for the trades you wanted.

No problemo!

Now if my Ditto and Munna would produce me some bloody Synchronizing babies, I would be set to get some EV training done!

Dorkman on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    TDawg wrote: »

That's the issue. All DW Eeveelutions are male. Or Nintendo is going to change it up this time which I doubt.

This displeases me in a multitude of ways. >:[ Thank you, though.

TDawg on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ah, the joys of having a ~10-year-old cousin with Black: getting a Cottonee and Gothita in my White.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    How do I know if a Pokemon I caught is worth keeping? Namely, I caught Victini and I would like to know if I should reload and catch a better one.

emp123 on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    emp123 wrote: »
    How do I know if a Pokemon I caught is worth keeping? Namely, I caught Victini and I would like to know if I should reload and catch a better one.

If you don't plan on playing competitively, it doesn't really matter. Doubly so because it's a legendary.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I mainly wanted to know since I can only have one, and I highly doubt that I will spend all that much time playing other people online. Also, since this is basically my first foray into the world of Pokemon since Red/Blue I have no idea what Im doing. I kinda miss just grabbing shit and fighting them, granted thats basically what Im doing now, but I know there is more out there and I can kinda see it, I just dont know what it all means.

emp123 on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The ticket to get Victini will probably not be available later, so if you feel you may want to get into competitive battling, just leave it for when you plan to abuse the RNG or something. It's really easy this generation.

Also, if you kill it, it will reappear, so you can use it to EV train in HP.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    RockinX wrote: »
    The ticket to get Victini will probably not be available later, so if you feel you may want to get into competitive battling, just leave it for when you plan to abuse the RNG or something. It's really easy this generation.

If I delete my save, I'll still be able to use the ticket thing to get another Victini right?
    RockinX wrote: »
    Also, if you kill it, it will reappear, so you can use it to EV train in HP.

Yeah, see, I have no idea what that means.

Also, when do I get to trade me some Pokemon from a previous game?

emp123 on
  • Options
    florada34florada34 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    How do I get the pokemon that spawn in White Forest to change?

florada34 on
    LoL summoner name: Kamikazi34
    PS4: Kamikazi34Agny
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn friends, forcing me back into this Pokémon business. I burned out on third gen hard (stopped at 149/150 in FireRed only because I was really sick of grinding up my Dratini, and probably had even more time into Emerald), but I've still managed to buy each new game. I stopped around the Elite Four in Pearl, and got to the second gym in HeartGold.

I think I'm just about unburned on this whole dealie. Figure I should grab it before the 10th, and trying things out on the competitive side may just breathe some life into the franchise for me. Or turn me off it forever. Either is fine by me. I can't remember the last time I tried to set up a team, this is a tad overwhelming at a glance.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    florada34 wrote: »
    How do I get the pokemon that spawn in White Forest to change?

You link with another person's Pokemon Black version via entralink(local only) and talk to their people to get them to come over to your forest. The people determine the pokemon and items in your forest.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml Has a list of what people bring what pokemon.

-SPI- on