As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New PATV: Minecraft, the story of Mojang.

BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Social Entropy++
2ev3ka8.jpg

I didnt see a thread on this, or even a mention on the newspost, So I am assuming it is very new. You should all check it out. Its a 20 minute documentry on Minecraft/Mojang done by 2 player productions. Dosent feature the PA crew at all but it does have similar music. Also it has a guy with an animated head for some reason:

331zhw5.jpg

Bedlam on

• Options
    animal companionanimal companion xenomortis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This was wonderful. 2 Player keeps getting better and better

animal companion on
    VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    mehmehmehmehmehmeh Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    they have/had a kickstarter fund to go to a year long production and feature length. It already has reached it's goal but in case anyone wants sweet goodies

kickstarter fund minecraft movie

mc_trio_preview.jpeg
    mc_plaque_preview.jpeg

mehmehmeh on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cool

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For $30 you basically just get a collector's edition of the movie and your name in the credits. It's pretty much just a super duper preorder.

Done.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    2 Player Productions2 Player Productions Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, thanks for starting a thread. We're really excited to be working with Mojang, and i think for those of you familiar with our work this will be the next evolution of our style. It's been a long time since we last tackled a feature length project, but we're ready to jump in. Minecraft is an especially fascinating topic (one we know the PA crew holds dear), and we aim to do right by it.

It's getting close to the end, but if anyone wants to check out our Kickstarter we have lots of exclusive rewards for anyone interested in being a backer. Plus you'll get updates from us about the films progress throughout the year, so the production blog itself should make for a good read if you are interested in the process.

We can answer questions here or on the Kickstarter page, if anyone has any. Thanks guys!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2pp/minecraft-the-story-of-mojang

-2PP

2 Player Productions on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "I try to play Mario Kart with him. He sucks"

Aww, hah. XD

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Question! How much do you have done with the project? Like is the kickstart just for production costs or is there more shooting/editing/whatever to do?

Also whats up with that dudes head?

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Question! How much do you have done with the project? Like is the kickstart just for production costs or is there more shooting/editing/whatever to do?

Also whats up with that dudes head?

All we have right now is what you see in the 20 minute short. The Kickstarter is going to fund the continued production of the film throughout this year, including multiple trips to Mojang in Sweden along with many other locations in the US and abroad, culminating with the "final" version of Minecraft being released. The Kickstarter will also be funding the development, production, and shipping of backer rewards; post-production of the film including an original soundtrack by C418, computer graphics work, audio production, and authoring of the DVD. Etc, etc.

Junkboy prefers to remain anonymous on the internet, and requested that he be obscured with a pixel avatar. Expect this to continue throughout the feature film as well.

2 Player Productions on
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, 2PP, you asked me if you could use footage for my Enterprise... I don't know if you got my reply saying yes... However, it has grown since then. I can send you new footage :)
    file.php?id=295

The bridge, with a crewmember
    bridgep.th.jpg

The front of the saucer section. The white patches are the escape pods. You can see into the decks though the windows.
    saucer1.th.jpg

The rear of the saucer, you can see the starboard impulse engine is still under construction. On the ground is where we put the griefers.
    suce2.th.jpg

Looking though the 8th deck, you can see the theater. Screw Hamlet, my Zepplen cover band plays there.
    theaterg.th.jpg

A look into Hydoponics.
    hydopnics.th.jpg

The Grotto. Still under construction. It will look like a mini Minecraft level when it's done.
    malll.th.jpg

halkun on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ahh Halkun, good to hear from you again. Sorry we never got back to you, trying to figure out if we can talk to you for the feature doc. The legal issues with the copyright and everything are a stumbling block we want to sort out. We'll be in touch as the Kickstarter moves forward, glad to see the Enterprise is still coming along.

2 Player Productions on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Damn, that Enterprise.

Halkun, you are a machine.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited March 2011
    It has taken me 20 min on my blackberry but I am stickying this thread because it deserves the attention. Today's the last day for the kickstartering!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    KrentzKrentz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Want dat creeper

Krentz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gettin' dat creeper

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Got dat creeper!

I am a sucker for special one-time offers. Want the pig too but I would like to be able to pay my mortgage this month.

Krentz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Krentz wrote: »
    Got dat creeper!

I am a sucker for special one-time offers. Want the pig too but I would like to be able to pay my mortgage this month.

Yeah, I was all interested in the pig, too, but I had to keeeeeep on scrolling down to get to it.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I promised to kick in some money a while ago and then forgot to, so I'm glad I saw this. Just kicked in $30 :)

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    2PP still has that uncanny ability to match the music and screen action while making a documentary that keeps you glued to the screen.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wanted that poster, donated $100

That's like £65, right

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    this is quality documentary making right here

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wanted that pig box but I'm also a starving artist(tm) so I went with $30 so I can help out and get what will most likely be an awesome soundtrack.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wanted that poster, donated $100

That's like £65, right

Nearer to 60, I would think.

Yea, £62.

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    really well edited and composed, and a very compelling subject

I am looking forward to the finished product

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow this project is awesome :D. Glad to give you my $60. I also can't wait to get my wind-up Creeper w000t1xm.gif

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really really want that wind up creeper, but there's no way I can justify $60 for it.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    But but you're not just paying for the creeper, you're....

You know I can't just do creepy sales guy tonight

meh

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I really really want that wind up creeper, but there's no way I can justify $60 for it.

You get a DVD and a CD too.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got confirmation that my $351 went through. Very glad to see you guys working on another feature-length project and I'm excited to put something short together for the end credits!

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just got confirmation that my $351 went through. Very glad to see you guys working on another feature-length project and I'm excited to put something short together for the end credits!

If you were gonna drop that kind of paper you shoulda bumped it up to five hundo and got the pig box. Then you could have posted pictures for us all!

My enjoyment is worth $149 more of your dollars to me.

Krentz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.