As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tim Schafer's [DÜDLE] Legend

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Love that city turtle. He has an awesome flawless expression.

Boss is out of office today, so I left him a quick doodle on his whiteboard wall.

3kokX.jpg

Straight lines, Thou art a villian.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Zaminiarmour.jpg

• Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    Kim kong wrote: »
    a_woman_and_her_flaming_skulls_by_farfetchedhorizons-d52z7fb.jpg

Just leaving this here.

I really like this but I don't understand why she's naked, or at least why she's naked and she still has shoes on.

Also, Prometheus was awesome. People are being ridiculous about that shit.

• Options
    SeraphSwordSeraphSword Sketch Fetishist Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Spectre I like what's going on with your recent stuff, although they seem a little busy. They are just sketches though, so that's not odd. I'd love to see some of these refined and cleaned up.

The last pic I posted kept nagging at me and kept getting worse the more I looked at it so I decided to muck about with it a while longer.

The original:
    sk0032b.jpg

Reworked:
    sk0032finb.jpg

SeraphSword on
    Mastery is the result of ceaseless error, combined with ruthless self-appraisal.
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Hey Seraph. I did a quick paintover for your drawing. In general, the features on the face are drawn too big. There is more to a face than just all of the features, there is some negative area too. And there is more to a head than just a face.

I also scaled down the head a little bit. It was a little too small for the shoulders.

Hope this helps!

seraphsword_paintover.jpg

Sublimus on
  • Options
    kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    roamingmonkeydoodle.jpg

So unrefined, but I was more focused on suggesting some kind of movement

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Working on a logo for a game I'm working on. Wondering what you guys think.

Low-Res-Logo-Color-Final-01.png

No I don't.
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    DrShaw_touchup.jpg

I enjoyed Prometheus, nay-sayers be damned. Also Spec-X, I've always loved your stuff.

*thumbs up* The thing I like about it the most is how crazy it seems to be making people... which prompted me to whip this up:

7393156954_3073f747e0_b.jpg

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Working on a logo for a game I'm working on. Wondering what you guys think.

Low-Res-Logo-Color-Final-01.png

Does it say 90 degrees? The degree symbol is typically smaller than you currently have it.

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    I agree with Nib but I did read it right away as 90 degrees; with such a high baseline there's very little else for people to mistake it for. Still, yeah, you might consider making it a little smaller.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Yep, definitely reads 90 degrees, but I think since the degrees symbol has the same width as the zero it's throwing us off a bit. I messed around with it a bit and I think it'll still look great if you make the degree symbol about 60% of its current size as long as you keep the kerning the same.

• Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    Asking if a logo is any good is like asking 'is this box big enough?'

Without any context it's difficult to give a meaningful answer, and likewise without knowing anything about the purpose of the logo and what you want it to achieve, it's difficult to comment on whether it's succesful.

• Options
    It's a logo for a Puzzle game I'm working on. Tetris types blocks that start in the middle of a square playing field and fall down. Your only method of control is rotating the playing field 90 degrees, and the blocks fall faster and faster the longer they're on the field. You score by filling in patterns that are overlayed on the field, and any blocks that are in between the filled in pattern and the edge of the field multiply the number of points you gain. I'm trying to go for a "futuristic retro" look to the game, with a synthy 8-bit industrial soundtrack. The graphics are going to have an emphasis on light. That's... pretty much all the context I can give.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Small
    Small-Degree.png

Medium
    Med-Degree.png

Large
    Large-Degree.png

Which one's better? I like Medium myself.

No I don't.
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Grenn wrote: »
    [IMG][/IMG]

I enjoyed Prometheus, nay-sayers be damned. Also Spec-X, I've always loved your stuff.

*thumbs up* The thing I like about it the most is how crazy it seems to be making people... which prompted me to whip this up:

[img][/img]

<3 prometheus pictures.

also why not
    slipstream.jpg
    violence.jpg

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Double posttttt

wakkawa on
  • Options
    ShankboneShankbone Registered User regular
    Wakka, i'm seldom given cause to criticize anything you do, but the space between her legs seems way too large

We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    colorful.png
    This was fun.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Shankbone wrote: »
    Wakka, i'm seldom given cause to criticize anything you do, but the space between her legs seems way too large
    I agree with this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    Yeah Wakka, the top half of that image is beautificent, but something really obviously weird is going on with her hips and legs, like the whole structure is diamond shaped, with some weird protrusions where her thighs start.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    The "happy gap" is pretty wide but it's within reasonable variance for an extremely skinny person.

Those "weird protrusions where her thighs start" are called the great trochanter of the Femur.

The left contour of her abdomen seems to me perhaps a little too straight though, where I might expect a bit more of a curve inward to get that "violin" shape that defines the hips.

e: I guess I'll post something while I made a reply

Some of you saw in the chat thread I'm trying to learn 3D a bit. I took a break from pulling my hair out with low poly stuff and pooped around a bit today in sculptris, Zbrush's free little brother, and made this. Pretty sure there's a law that says your first digital high poly sculpt must be a monster head.

alienbust.jpg

Scosglen on
  • Options
    ShankboneShankbone Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    About an hours worth of wizard right here, must get my tablet working again, the scan quality on this is gross and wierd.
    qnLU3.jpg?1

Edit: I have no memory of this post...

Shankbone on
    We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.
  • Options
    whoreraywhoreray Registered User regular
    Bored. Can't decide if the animating BG is obnoxious or appropriate.
    OgreTime.gif

• Options
    EsiotrotEsiotrot Registered User regular
    tumblr_m5w58dVan31qdb1ufo1_500.jpg

today's doodle

• Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    That's creepy and awesome, Esio.

@Scosglen : That's really good! How did you get use to sculpting like that so fast?

• Options
    sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    @Esiotrot: that's awesome!

Here's a design for Threadless' Disney Villains challenge
    jafarsub900-1_fullsize.jpg
    jafarsub900-2_fullsize.jpg

If you like it and have an account, it's up for scoring here: http://atrium.threadless.com/villains/subs/#/submission/jafar/ :)

• Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Sharky: The dual Iagos is a bit weird, and the white shirt is a major weakness, I think. That said, it's a cool looking design.

It's been forever since I posted anything. Here's some sketchy fun comics while I wait for my colorist friend to be less busy to color real pages:

CharlieFoxtrot1ink.jpg

CharlieFoxtrot2ink.jpg

Half of a short story. I've been disappointed with my ability to render water in ink for a while now, so this is exploring that to try to fix.

AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Fantastic, I like it very much. How long did it take to make those two pages?

m3nace on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    Esiotrot wrote: »
    tumblr_m5w58dVan31qdb1ufo1_500.jpg

today's doodle

urgh, this is totally rad.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    F87 wrote: »
    @Scosglen : That's really good! How did you get use to sculpting like that so fast?

Thanks, I thought it turned out decent-ish.

I dunno, it felt pretty intuitive to me. Drawing and painting chops absolutely were relevant and applicable. I think the model "clicked" when I realized I could use crease and pinch brushes to create some harder edges and pull some specificity out of the blobbiness I had going.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    EsiotrotEsiotrot Registered User regular
    tumblr_m5xev3ph2a1qdb1ufo1_400.jpg

meh

• Options
    jamesthedmjamesthedm Illustrator New YorkRegistered User new member
    Ink, Digital, Collage. Took the photo from the top of Jackson Hole Wyoming. Broke my femur later that day. Drew this while I was recovering. Enjoy. Also props to the artist who drew the Godfather Penguin. Animals with guns; its where its at.
    jamessistiart.com/projects/2780498#1
    tiny-bear-of-the-desperado-rampage-james-sisti.jpg

• Options
    whoreraywhoreray Registered User regular
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    Quick(ish) colors on spex's sweet drawing.

Zaminiarmour.jpg

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Ha! Very nice!

• Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    About 3 hours apiece, m3nace. Give or take.

Those colors look rad, Sub.

AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Sharky: The dual Iagos is a bit weird, and the white shirt is a major weakness, I think. That said, it's a cool looking design.

It's been forever since I posted anything. Here's some sketchy fun comics while I wait for my colorist friend to be less busy to color real pages:

CharlieFoxtrot1ink.jpg

CharlieFoxtrot2ink.jpg

Half of a short story. I've been disappointed with my ability to render water in ink for a while now, so this is exploring that to try to fix.

I was scrolling down, and as soon as I saw the very first panel, I inmediately knew it was water, so I would say you are rendering it pretty good, my only beef is with the very last panel, the ink blobs at the bottom of it are too different from the lines in the upper part of that pannel, also, I dont have an editing program here, but in the last panel there is also a lot of white, I wonder how that last panel would work replacing the ink blobs with few gentle lines to make the water ondulation, and making the whole water negative. (all white water black, and all the black lines white)

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    mangoes.png

• Options
    sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
  • Options
    squaresquare Cockbutt TurinRegistered User regular
    sharky t wrote: »
    Av81oEsCMAAfvJ4.jpg
    Pick one, Asshole!

I wanna pick Squirthug

Mm9Qsm4.png