As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy: FFX HD Re-Release (PS3, Vita) Incoming.

19495969798100»

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Oh God, I remember that fight too. Two hours of Dark Knight/Dark Knight/White Mage with absolutely no variation in strategy at all. I imagine Penance would have been similar had I not just paid Yojimbo 3 million gil to take him out.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    About as compelling as beating what's-her-face the ultra Basilisk in the Via Infinito with Delay Buster for 20 minutes.

Now one of my favorite fights was the bat Undying in 13 at a reasonably low level. Figuring out how to do that fight was a real treat.

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote:
    About as compelling as beating what's-her-face the ultra Basilisk in the Via Infinito with Delay Buster for 20 minutes.

Now one of my favorite fights was the bat Undying in 13 at a reasonably low level. Figuring out how to do that fight was a real treat.

If I remember correctly, I beat the Basilisk in a similar way, because it never gets a chance to attack as long as you're dealing damage. I just sat there and timed my attacks until it went down. Then I discovered it showed up as a random encounter later on in the dungeon and almost had an aneurysm...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    By then you can catnip+haste+triggerhappy your way to victory though. Mm, deliciously broken combination.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Also, learning Cry in the Night on all your characters at the same time is pretty cool too.

I usually used Congrats! instead. It's faster and you get money and items.

Xagar on