As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the launcher tips! So I've been poking around on the TERA site looking for PVP info. I have every intention of playing on a PVE server but one of the things I love most about SW:TOR is the WarZones. PVP in Tera sounds more like duels and people setting up their own little battles unless I read it wrong. I hope there are WZs and im just not seeing it.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    TheRealDestianTheRealDestian Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Thanks for the launcher tips! So I've been poking around on the TERA site looking for PVP info. I have every intention of playing on a PVE server but one of the things I love most about SW:TOR is the WarZones. PVP in Tera sounds more like duels and people setting up their own little battles unless I read it wrong. I hope there are WZs and im just not seeing it.

They're revamping them and releasing them in the summer.

And don't sell Deathmatches short: up to 10v10 matches where you can bet items and money is the stuff dreams are made of. :)

Also, there's Guild v Guild wars like this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBAUx7xR-8

TheRealDestian on
  • Options
    Yeah that DM looks pretty slick. How does the game play with a Gamepad? I have a Razor Naga but 360 Pad is nice.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah that DM looks pretty slick. How does the game play with a Gamepad? I have a Razor Naga but 360 Pad is nice.

Sinndra, my fiancee and guild leader, uses a 360 pad on her warrior and she loves it to death.

You can hold each of the bumpers AND both at once to access a new group of commands for each one. The recognition is awesome, too: just plug it in and it's golden.

Also, love the naga mouse: just got one and it's AWESOME...

• Options
    I'll give both a shot then! Glad to hear that the 360Pad works well because from the gameplay vids it seems perfect.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Naga is on my list of things to get when I can. If only the cordless one weren't fuck-you expensive.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    The Naga is on my list of things to get when I can. If only the cordless one weren't fuck-you expensive.

I hate changing batteries so much that I always take corded, heh.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have rechargeable batteries.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    From said notes:
    Players can now explore the prologue tutorial of the Island of Dawn. Players will enter the game as a level 20 character of the same class and fight alongside the members of the first expedition. Players will receive quests to execute and explore the combat system. Upon completion, they'll land on the Island of Dawn as their proper level 1 character.

So...have a taste at being badass and fight awesome monsters...then get booted to the island and enjoy having two skills at your disposal to fight trees. Doesn't make much sense, since it's just going to make the island feel even more drawn out and pointless.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    flammiebc wrote: »
    From said notes:
    Players can now explore the prologue tutorial of the Island of Dawn. Players will enter the game as a level 20 character of the same class and fight alongside the members of the first expedition. Players will receive quests to execute and explore the combat system. Upon completion, they'll land on the Island of Dawn as their proper level 1 character.

So...have a taste at being badass and fight awesome monsters...then get booted to the island and enjoy having two skills at your disposal to fight trees. Doesn't make much sense, since it's just going to make the island feel even more drawn out and pointless.

I don't think so, really. A lot of games do this to kind of tease you with the cool shit you'll be getting later, which tends to motivate people more.

also, does TERA have a wowhead type site or something similar? just looking for a decent skill database with a good layout.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Unfortunately no. Closest thing I found was a glyph calculator on a Russian site. I don't know if it's updated for the post lvl 58 skills

• Options
    edited April 2012

Oh, I don't even mean the expense with the batteries. I mean I'm neurotic about wondering if the batteries are starting to die, thus causing it to lag. ;)
    Frei wrote: »
    I don't think so, really. A lot of games do this to kind of tease you with the cool shit you'll be getting later, which tends to motivate people more.

This is absolutely true.

I had at least 4-5 people from my WoW guild I showed Tera who weren't impressed with it but I KNEW they would've been, if only they had a chance to fight a BAM. I wasn't super impressed myself until I fought my first basilisk.

This solves that problem (at least, it sure SOUNDS like it will...).

TheRealDestian on
  • Options
    JerechoJerecho Registered User regular
    I'll give both a shot then! Glad to hear that the 360Pad works well because from the gameplay vids it seems perfect.

I like the gamepad for melee characters but have a hard time feeling effective with one for ranged.

Still can't decide what to play. Slayer, priest, zerker or archer!?! 18 hrs to decide!

• Options

Oh, I don't even mean the expense with the batteries. I mean I'm neurotic about wondering if the batteries are starting to die, thus causing it to lag. ;)
    Frei wrote: »

This is absolutely true.

I had at least 4-5 people from my WoW guild I showed Tera who weren't impressed with it but I KNEW they would've been, if only they had a chance to fight a BAM. I wasn't super impressed myself until I fought my first basilisk.

This solves that problem (at least, it sure SOUNDS like it will...).

Also interesting, my mouse software tells me when my batteries are getting low.

• Options
    flapjackflapjack Registered User regular
    I'll be hopping on as a slayer on Dragonfall. Be seeing you all relatively shortly!

• Options
    So uh, yeah. We can play tomorrow!

• Options
    wild isn't it?

• Options
    I decided on Priest after watching the Gameplay vids. It seems really similar to my TOR sage whom i love!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Jerecho wrote: »
    I like the gamepad for melee characters but have a hard time feeling effective with one for ranged.

Still can't decide what to play. Slayer, priest, zerker or archer!?! 18 hrs to decide!

You do get 8 character slots. I mean, not that I'm encouraging the sort've altitis that will likely cripple any hope I personally have of progress, but just sayin'
    So uh, yeah. We can play tomorrow!

Hard to believe! Makes me want to call in sick tomorrow so I can be present when the servers go live, but calling in sick on Friday seems a much better idea.

• Options
    I plan on rolling a character on my lunch and jumping on after work

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Since what I do on this character technically "counts" I think I'd better get into alchemy early.

• Options
    TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    I'm still debating whether to roll DPS (likely Archer) or go with the mystic I made in the creation thing.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Ok yeah. I'm rolling a Castanic Priest and just wear this for the life of my subscription. (linking because it's basicly lingerie.)

That aside, it has some nice details on the back.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Battle lingerie
    Enchanted with the +5 ward thread of WHOA MOMMA

(That's actually pretty friggen stylish)

Edit: I used to have a theory that most mmo artists started their careers wanting to be fashion designers but ended up making art for games either out it being the best they could hope for or just landing the job to not starve and basically saying "Fuck it" after the fact.

Beezel on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Did you guys hear? In K-Tera every armor that is below lvl 58 can be used as a Template now?

I am really hoping we get that here soon.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Well they seem to have a quick turn around. The QoA patch was released what, two months ago before they decided to bring it to NA/EU?

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Here is the link to the thread on the EU forums:

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=57805

I can't wait for that to be implemented in our version.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Battle lingerie

Edit: I used to have a theory that most mmo artists started their careers wanting to be fashion designers but ended up making art for games either out it being the best they could hope for or just landing the job to not starve and basically saying "Fuck it" after the fact.

I'm waiting for an MMO to just come out and make breast size, breast bounce, and donk size each have their own stat on gear and/or talent specs

• Options
    Well they seem to have a quick turn around. The QoA patch was released what, two months ago before they decided to bring it to NA/EU?

• Options
    Battle lingerie

I'm waiting for an MMO to just come out and make breast size, breast bounce, and donk size each have their own stat on gear and/or talent specs

"Sorry I can't tank this instance, I'm not ass specced"

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Battle lingerie

An embarrassing amount of MMOs have just that on character creation. Do we really want them to add it elsewhere?

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    So I was looking at the "First Expedition gameplay" preview on IGN and it looks like Ellyeon is a warrior?

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    They're revamping them and releasing them in the summer.
    And don't sell Deathmatches short: up to 10v10 matches where you can bet items and money is the stuff dreams are made of. :)
    Also, there's Guild v Guild wars like this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBAUx7xR-8
    Man, almost makes me want to roll on a PVP server. Well, here's hoping the GvG on PVE servers is flexible enough to allow for this sort of awesome shit. I really like how long people's TTK is in this game, it's what made WAR so much fun in comparison to WoW's PVP. Well, until people started stacking Sorc pools that instagibbed you because there was like 10 of them ticking on you at the same time.

• Options
    Should we start looking into uh, voicechat options? Or is it a little too early still for that?

• Options
    Why does everyone always forget that G&T has a Vent server?

• Options
    *collective "Ohhhhh yeah"*

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Man, almost makes me want to roll on a PVP server. Well, here's hoping the GvG on PVE servers is flexible enough to allow for this sort of awesome shit. I really like how long people's TTK is in this game, it's what made WAR so much fun in comparison to WoW's PVP. Well, until people started stacking Sorc pools that instagibbed you because there was like 10 of them ticking on you at the same time.

Yeah we had this discussion some pages back, and most agree with what you are saying... it looks pretty awesome and damn near worth rolling on a PvP server... except for the part where you actually have to level on the PvP server in order to participate.

Best option if you're going to go that route obviously is to start early and power level, so you won't be behind the curve. I'll admit to being tempted, but ultimately I'm just a bit too casual (and altoholic) for that. :)

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular

Because you and I are the only ones that use it, Bri. :( Along with all the League of Legends people. Getting people on there during SW:TOR was similar to pulling teeth some times.

• Options
    am0n wrote: »

Because you and I are the only ones that use it, Bri. :( Along with all the League of Legends people. Getting people on there during SW:TOR was similar to pulling teeth some times.

I'Ve had issues with trolls on the g&t vent.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
This discussion has been closed.