As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    We're in the process of bringing servers back online & will have another update within the hour. We sincerely thank you for bearing with us.

Edit: Beated

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    I dunno I already hit level 38 in a game with a level cap of 60 before its official launch

THAT'S ME, I'M THE GUY WHITE KNIGHTING A DEVELOPER

• Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    This is why I normally avoid MMO launches, but I'm already addicted to this. :(

• Options
    EME's been pretty damn good to us so far so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt to not start blowing smoke up our asses at this point. I'd rather they catch this bug now and deal with it then have to past launch

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Well, I like their response at any rate. "Hey, we screwed up, so we're just going to roll back so existing customers can play. We'll worry about the patch later". Very good response.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Jibba wrote: »
    This is why I normally avoid MMO launches, but I'm already addicted to this. :(

Most MMO launches these days aren't that bad, and this one certainly isn't a disaster. I can't think of the last really terrible MMO launch I experienced...probably Conan?

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    "For those wondering, the level cap will still be increased to 60 along with all related in-game content when the servers return."

My jimmies remain unrustled

Beezel on
  • Options
    MoxieMoxie Blasting through the stratisphereRegistered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    "For those wondering, the level cap will still be increased to 60 along with all related in-game content when the servers return."

My jimmies remain unrustled

Huzzah!

Bring on the cups of tea and caffeine pills!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    The bigger question is why isn't your C drive your SSD? Having an SSD and not booting from it is a total and complete waste.

Because I didn't feel like dealing with transferring Win7 to an SSD that is too small for a full system image, and I was not going to buy a $400 SSD.

At least not yet...

128GB SSD's are not 400 bucks. Mine was sub 200...and what do you mean by "full system image"? I think you may want to visit the computer build thread, because an SSD/HDD setup is fundamentally different than an HDD/HDD setup. You shouldn't be keeping all your stuff on the SSD, only the bear minimum OS, some programs you run a lot, and a game or two. Everything else should be off on a spindle drive.

Anyway, it's something we walk people through a lot in the computer build thread...you should check it out.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    WHAT ABOUT THE LIONS!?

PS I saw a 240GB SSD on Woot for $210 a couple days ago.

• Options
    ParagonParagon Registered User regular
    I got tired of waiting, so I ran off to the store real quick and bought some pretzels for my future gaming endeavors. Seeing as the servers are still not up, I now believe I made the right choice.

Mmm...pretzels.

• Options
    Those pretzels should be covered in yogurt or chocolate. Otherwise... I just don't know, man.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Also, I am now patching. Make that playing?

Defenestrator on
  • Options
    Paragon wrote: »
    I got tired of waiting, so I ran off to the store real quick and bought some pretzels for my future gaming endeavors. Seeing as the servers are still not up, I now believe I made the right choice.

Mmm...pretzels.

I'm addicted to the pretzel M&M's...

• Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Servers are starting to come up.

• Options
    Quintessin wrote: »
    Servers are starting to come up.

I think I just came a little

• Options
    "Subscription not found or has expired"

...sigh. Why...

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    The bigger question is why isn't your C drive your SSD? Having an SSD and not booting from it is a total and complete waste.

Because I didn't feel like dealing with transferring Win7 to an SSD that is too small for a full system image, and I was not going to buy a $400 SSD.

At least not yet...

128GB SSD's are not 400 bucks. Mine was sub 200...and what do you mean by "full system image"? I think you may want to visit the computer build thread, because an SSD/HDD setup is fundamentally different than an HDD/HDD setup. You shouldn't be keeping all your stuff on the SSD, only the bear minimum OS, some programs you run a lot, and a game or two. Everything else should be off on a spindle drive.

Anyway, it's something we walk people through a lot in the computer build thread...you should check it out.

Ehhhh...

It's only a 64GB SSD, I dunno if it's going to have enough room for the OS and TERA. Maybe I will poke my head in the build thread tonight while I am at work.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I guess the main downside to them not doing the update is that they are going to have to go through this again.

Still, I guess if they've fixed the bug by that point, the maintenance window won't need to be quite so large.

• Options
    Can't connect to server.

• Options
    MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    My left eye has begun to twitch.

• Options
    I guess the main downside to them not doing the update is that they are going to have to go through this again.

Still, I guess if they've fixed the bug by that point, the maintenance window won't need to be quite so large.

I'm cool with another long maintenance to update whatever they were trying to update. Not, like, 13+ hours long but I could deal with another midnight to 7am since that is not a time I can play most days.

Also, I can log in but can't get onto the server.

• Options
    So close! And yet so far.

• Options
    They're not "up" despite saying Up....I guess? I don't know.

• Options

Am I the only one getting this?

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    How big is the patch??

i hope it doesnt take me 20 hrs to download the patch

Patch was 1.02MB, login server is up but game servers are not.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Up for me now

• Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    How big is the patch??

i hope it doesnt take me 20 hrs to download the patch

• Options
    LepLep Registered User regular

I think Arcas said he got that error as well.

• Options
    Logged in but I can't connect to server

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular

Friend also got this - near instant talk with support staff and they told him that he can upgrade his subscription plan in 15-20 minutes when that system is up. He ordered a digital copy from amazon.

• Options
    I ordered the collector's from En Masse's site itself. Upgrade my subscription?

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular

Same here. I also got a few errors before the patch would download. To be fair, the patch took about 30 seconds.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Y U NO LET ME IN GAEM

• Options
    edited April 2012

At least not yet...

Ehhhh...

It's only a 64GB SSD, I dunno if it's going to have enough room for the OS and TERA. Maybe I will poke my head in the build thread tonight while I am at work.

64 is a bit small. Windows is going to be ~30 by itself, for a base install. Assuming Windows is installed "correctly", and \Users and \ProgramData are over on the spindle drive, and you turn off any swap or hiberfile (or move them to the spindle drive), you can get that down to ~20. It's still a tough fit, to be sure.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    From their forums, regarding the "subscription not found" bug:
    We are working things out right now, hang in there for just a little longer please! :(

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular

Same.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    You guys are making me nervous and I can't even play right now because I'm at work!

Stop breaking the servers!

• Options
    Varg wrote: »

Friend also got this - near instant talk with support staff and they told him that he can upgrade his subscription plan in 15-20 minutes when that system is up. He ordered a digital copy from amazon.

Yeah, when you order directly from their site, they auto-sign you up for a subscription (at least they did me), but not if you order from another source.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I'm all in

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
This discussion has been closed.