As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon Thread I: The Return

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    three boxes of charmanders and no luck. Good thing I have nothing better to do.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    And now I'm trying to breed an adamant axew with mold breaker because I kind of want to

I've gone from never having bred anything to breeding just because I can, what's happening to meee

edit: don't know if you saw my reply to your question earlier, but it took me ~20 boxes

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Gonna be a mass charmander genocide here in a week or so

It'll be worth it, though

Black Charizard is king of shinies

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    fuck so much time on airplanes today

on the plus side I got slowpoke all trained up and leveld him, accelgor, donphan, magnezone, magmortar, and aerodactyl all up to 50 so that's something

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Black Charizard is objectively the best pokemon.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mizuumi wrote: »
    so is anyone actually interested in that mystery dungeon livestream let's play thing i mentioned earlier?

i've been figuring out how to go about recording gameplay without melting my laptop and making awful choppy videos and record ventrilo conversations and things, and i think i could make it work (once i stop being sick and my voice comes back) if people are willing to participate

but, like i said before, it's perfectly possible that this will turn out to be a terrible idea, i won't pretend otherwise

I won't personally play the game, but I am willing to get on ventrilo and make awful jokes with you.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tornadus is making me want to tear out my hair. 1 HP and paralyzed get in your quick ball!

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    kuribo what do you want for a non-shiny charmander

also dotb pm me when you're next on

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Black Charizard is objectively the best pokemon.

sorry, it's stainless steel and gold metagross

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeesh, I'm even checking IVs of the axew I've bred

Good thing I did though, the only adamant I got had a big fat 0-1 in attack and 4-5 in defense. 29 HP though.

Thankfully it was a female, so breeding more with adamant natures shouldn't take two boxes this time.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    I think you can pass nature from either parent now

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That would certainly make things easier if that's the case

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    orderin' portal 2 from amazon

sorely tempted to use the $20 credit to buy an action replay DS

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    tried out some super subway

first pokemon: carracosta that spammed iron defense while i dragon danced up then shell smashed and swept me

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beasteh on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Vaporeon is the best until the Dragon or Steel Eevee comes out
    there had better be an evolution for every type including Normal

Did someone say fan art?
    2a542d9f5d7178428ab6709ecb20465c.png And also this.

I would almost commit murder for a poison type or a bug type eevee evolution

Arch on
  • Options
    FreshnukixFreshnukix Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Beasteh wrote: »
    tried out some super subway

first pokemon: carracosta that spammed iron defense while i dragon danced up then shell smashed and swept me

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A couple things i learned in the battle subway.

1. If they can stick Curse + Rest + Chesto on it, it's in there.
    2. Unaware Quagsire is pretty much the greatest thing.

Freshnukix on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think Unaware Quagsire is gonna be the next guy I make

on one hand I'm really happy that slowbro and quagsire are probably gonna be OU now thanks to their abilities

on the other hand those are two pokemon I had that were fun and quirky and unique and now they're gonna be cookie-cutter. I was using Quagsire before he was cool!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    He was never cool

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    list of terrible people on this page (new additions in bold)

-nerdgasmic
    -kwoaru

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hey don't hit me with your labels man

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think Unaware Quagsire is gonna be the next guy I make

on one hand I'm really happy that slowbro and quagsire are probably gonna be OU now thanks to their abilities

on the other hand those are two pokemon I had that were fun and quirky and unique and now they're gonna be cookie-cutter. I was using Quagsire before he was cool!

I think Bro has a legit shot as a switch tank with Regenerator. Quagsire still gets raped into next Tuesday with Grass specials so hard that i dunno if he has a place in OU besides as a niche pseudo-hazer (a damned good one too) and electric/choiced weak attack switch in.

Though with the new 3v3 your chances of seeing a grass attack lessen considerably.

Freshnukix on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    yeah I mean quagsire's not god or anything but the ability to instantly shut down all dragon/sword/quiver dancers is pretty damn nice

the only real downside I see is that he can't hit gyarados super-effectively and has to rely on his shitty special attack instead of his half-decent physical attack if he wants to hit the dragons super-effectively, but with any hope he'll get ice punch back in grey so that problem will solve itself.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    slowbro is a top tier physical wall now with regenerator

it owns

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    yeah I mean he was already borderline OU before regenerator so it's no surprise that that's pushed him over the edge

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    yeah I mean quagsire's not god or anything but the ability to instantly shut down all dragon/sword/quiver dancers is pretty damn nice

the only real downside I see is that he can't hit gyarados super-effectively and has to rely on his shitty special attack instead of his half-decent physical attack if he wants to hit the dragons super-effectively, but with any hope he'll get ice punch back in grey so that problem will solve itself.

Yeah I like seeing him do well. You can run him on a Drizzle/Rain Dance team. This nets you a good switch if you are unlucky enough to get an opponent with Thunder. Also it makes Scald/Surf/insert STAB water move here hit a good deal harder. But yeah, literally my only option against Gyara is to Scald until it burns or try to force a switch with Yawn.

Freshnukix on
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fresh, do you have any spare female DW Anorith/Poliwag?

I've been in the mood to make weather teams lately (probably because it's some of the easiest synergy to experiment with and I'm still learning how to build effective teams)

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    orderin' portal 2 from amazon

sorely tempted to use the $20 credit to buy an action replay DS

Do it.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    volcano bakemeat

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just nearly got swept by a dream world Octillery. Every turn one of it's stats goes up two stages, and another goes down by one. And after reading about it some more, it can learn Soak (makes the enemy water type) and both Bullet Seed and Charge Beam.

So, that's what I'm going to be hunting now. In conclusion:

attachment.jpg

Rogue Lemon on
    Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    what if you have sap sipper (why did they rename it from herbivore, why)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Beasteh wrote: »
    what if you have sap sipper (why did they rename it from herbivore, why)

I don't know! I assume it wouldn't work because it changes type and not ability. The same thing probably holds true for pokemon with Lightning Rod.

Rogue Lemon on
    Tentaclemon.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    reading up on it the most common moody abuse octillery set is

sub
    protect
    soak
    bullet seed/charge beam

so you pick your poison when it comes to whether volt absorb/lightningrod or sap sipper wall you

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    If you picked Charge Beam and gave up Toxic for Ice Beam, I think you could cover everything with Sap Sipper. Eh, screw it.

Gunk shot
    Rock Blast
    Bullet Seed
    Signal Beam
    Ice Beam
    Blizzard
    Scald
    Knock Down
    Psychic
    Sludge Wave
    Flamethrower
    Sludge Bomb
    Fire Blast
    Energy Ball
    Charge Beam
    Waterfall

Acid Spray!!!

Holy crap, this Octopus gets a lot of neat toys. I still have to actually find one of these.

Rogue Lemon on
    Tentaclemon.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'd probably pick bullet seed, since there's a 2:1 ratio of electric killing abilities vs grass killing ones.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    drp527 wrote: »
    Fresh, do you have any spare female DW Anorith/Poliwag?

Yes/Yes

I don't have a good selection of them but you are welcome to pick them over.

Freshnukix on
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Awesome, thanks

I don't particularly care about nature/IVs/name, but I won't be able to trade until later this afternoon, perhaps early evening

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    drp527 wrote: »
    I don't particularly care about nature/IVs/name

That's good :P

Freshnukix on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    With all this emphasis on abilities I think I'm gonna train up a cofagrigus

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    we're losing gyms at an alarming rate

we're down to 11 from, like, 30

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    MY GYM IS STILL GOING TO HAPPEN AT SOME POINT

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
This discussion has been closed.