As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wisconsin] Fake Democratic primary contenders ahoy!

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    11% in, still 51-49.

Again, Madison and Milwaukee are largely silent so far. Par for the course in large-scale elections; the big cities always last to report.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would imagine low turnout areas will come in earlier as well. This isn't typically a concern in larger elections, but single races like this can see some differentiation there.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There is no margin, Sander; purely first-past-the-post.

Milwaukee County has only 3/486 precincts in, Waukesha only has 5/198. Dane has 43/248. My home of Dodge County is totally silent.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, it's 51-49 Prosser with 12% in, according to the Ed Show, but rural precincts, mostly conservative, always come in first.

This one is going to be a nail biter.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WPR says turnout is as high as 60% in some places. That's pretty crazy.

Probad on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    And of the Dane votes, none are from Madison itself.

Word from the Tweetsphereversegasm is that Kloppenburg is doing better in her areas than Prosser is doing in his. And again, Kloppenburg looks to have the ability to close.

Prosser leads after 17% by 1,800 votes.

Gosling on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Supreme Court REPORTING 17%
    David Prosser (inc)
    151,749 50%

Joanne Kloppenburg
    149,905 50%

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I really hope this doesn't go 51-49 in either way, otherwise it's probably going to end up in court. (What happens when that happens with a supreme court election, does the old one take the case?)

Also, manning the one reporting precinct in Adams was probably very boring: A total of 61 in the entire day.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Who are these animals clamoring to defend Prusser?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just had a big jump for Prosser. Now he is up over 8k. Though Dane and a few other big counties haven't even hit 50% in yet.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Apparently a city in Wisconsin just voted to not build a fire station.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Back down to 2K. 32% in.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    By the way, two counties totally in now:

Brown (Green Bay): Prosser wins 55-45.
    Green (on Illinois border): Kloppenburg wins 55-45.

Gosling on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dane and Milwaukee are a quarter in, but Waukesha's only a tenth in, and giving him more percentage-wise than they give her.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Klop has closed to within 3k.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dane and Milwaukee are bigger. Each. That gap can be made up. And remember, Dane County includes more than just Madison.

Dane: 65/248
    Milwaukee: 118/486
    Waukesha: 21/198

Gosling on
  • Options
    CrayolaCrayola Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Waukesha is about as Republican as you can get in this state, even more so than a lot of the northern rural counties. Should be an interesting night of election returns. (*voted in Madison*)

Crayola on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    AP's got Klop 1700 out.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Bayfield County is complete, up on Lake Superior. Small county for votes, but Kloppenburg won it 67-33.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Now its 13k out, something big just came in. Looks like 20 districts in Waukesha just came in.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    A batch of Waukesha County just reported while Dane and Milwaukee stood pat, so Prosser of course made a jump. They're up to 42/198 reporting now.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Prosser picked up a lead of about 18k, mostly on a big lump of Waukesha.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Gap in Waukesha is pretty crazy, 3:1 Republican with nearly 70k votes after 22% of precincts, in a county that has only 390k population. Voter turnout must be huge there (and even then the most populous counties must've already reported).

SanderJK on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am shocked at how close this is.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah considering the estimated turnouts I think though it should be drowned out with Milwaukee County being almost 960,000(though census says about 25% under 18) is almost 3 times Waukesha.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Holy shit, Klop now down 30k

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    19k last update I saw. Basically like Gosling said Waukesha had a bid chunk come in, almost 30k or so I think. She hasn't made it up, though she made a decent leap as more of Dane came in. Sadly the distance in Milwaukee hasn't changed.

Edit: Since this post it went to 30k again and down to 16k again.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    51% in. Back down to a 2K gap.

EDIT: No, wait, 1K. Forgot to round.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    16k now, with a bunch of Milwaukee coming in at relatively low numbers (went from 35/65 to 40/60). If current trends continue, the crazy turnout/R-vote in Waukesha will have decided this (That alone is currently at +40k R)

SanderJK on
  • Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Aaaand back to even! This is an interesting one to watch, huh?

Pi-r8 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sweet zombie jebus.

Did some democrat go through Waukesha shooting every single dog he saw while shouting "Vote Kloppenburg" through a megaphone fashioned from the skull of a local schoolkid?

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Pi-r8 wrote: »
    Aaaand back to even! This is an interesting one to watch, huh?

I'm gonna have a heart attack

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Also, please note that Milwaukee County also has some suburbs in it.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Man back and forth. Back and forth. So close again.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Sweet zombie jebus.

Did some democrat go through Waukesha shooting every single dog he saw while shouting "Vote Kloppenburg" through a megaphone fashioned from the skull of a local schoolkid?
    In 2008, John McCain carried the county by a 25.7% margin over Barack Obama, when Obama won Wisconsin by 13.9% over McCain.

Apparently!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Sweet zombie jebus.

I've eaten at restaurants in Waukesha where I've heard multiple discussions involving the N word, it's uh... not a progressive place

Edit: most of the students I help come from there, helping people write research papers proving the president is muslim or that Bill Clinton was a terrorist is always fun.

override367 on
  • Options
    GinraiGinrai Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can someone from Wisconsin explain Waukesha? How is it that over 80% of that county is eligible to vote and almost all of them go out to vote?! Is it supposed to be the "Eff you, I got mine!" capitol of the country?!

Ginrai on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Kloppenburg has taken a 4K lead with 55% in.

Gosling on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ginrai wrote: »
    Can someone from Wisconsin explain Waukesha? How is it that over 80% of that county is eligible to vote and almost all of them go out to vote?! Is it supposed to be the "Eff you, I got mine!" capitol of the country?!

Anecdotal here, but combined with my above post, Waukesha is an extremely political area. You hear a lot of open public debate about politics. It was a minor hotbed of teaper activity when the astroturf guys were rounding up volunteers to protest town halls.

Hotbed of activism + extremely religious + INSANELY pro-life (Elkhorn i believe once had a planned parenthood that was protested like 24/7 from Waukeshenians for a week because they helped some girl get an abortion? I dont know the full story) = tea party capitol of Wisconsin

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.