As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wisconsin] Fake Democratic primary contenders ahoy!

• Options
    CrayolaCrayola Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ginrai wrote: »
    Can someone from Wisconsin explain Waukesha? [...] Is it supposed to be the "Eff you, I got mine!" capitol of the country?!

Yes. Exactly.

Crayola on
  • Options
    GinraiGinrai Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Now for some good news: Jeff Stone, the Scott Walker lackey who was in Walker's old job as Milwaukee County Executive, just conceded! At least that's gone our way!

Ginrai on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The lone Menominee County precinct- it's an Indian reservation- is in; Kloppenburg won that 241-141.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    50-50% at 55%, can't see it finishing outside of 51-49 either way. It's going to go to the lawyers.

Whoever loses, the lawyers will win. a lot of money.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So after all this talk about the democrats finally re-growing their backbone and finding their base again, they might still end up losing?

Ugh.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Aaaand Prosser is back up by 10k.

This is like watching a political game of pong.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So after all this talk about the democrats finally re-growing their backbone and finding their base again, they might still end up losing?

Ugh.
    This wasn't even a race a month ago. That it's this close is pretty impressive on its own.

Still, a win is much more material than a got close on a long shot and still lost.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    adytum wrote: »
    Just jumped to +20k Prosser.

I hate you all.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    66%, Kloppenburg up by 1,416 votes.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    adytum wrote: »
    Just jumped to +20k Prosser.

I hate you all.
    It's down to 18k now.

You're welcome.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    christ how are you not having a heart attack Gos....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    How much of Waukesha and Washington has been reported?

Ginrai on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Who says I'm not?

Gosling on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Not sure what caused this last jump, since that is a 24k+ swap.

Edit:Wait hold on now Klop is back in the lead.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That's it, no more thread. Not until you give me good news and stick to it.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gosling wrote: »

Who says I'm not?

A fair point....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Waukesha is still a big issue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Wisconsin,_2008#Results_breakdown

in '08 presidential a total of 230k votes came out of there, 145k for McCain. With only 25% of precincts reporting, total net gain there for Prosser could easily go +80-100k

SanderJK on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ehh, we are on the 1k flip flop mode again. So heart racing.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    According to NPR a few hours ago, Kloppenberg has no chance

Hope they're wrong

override367 on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Waukesha is still a big issue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Wisconsin,_2008#Results_breakdown

in '08 presidential a total of 230k votes came out of there, 145k for McCain. With only 25% of precincts reporting, total net gain there for Prosser could easily go +80-100k

Yeah and Dane is almost dine, with Milwaukee closing for Prosser. I think Prosser has this, sadly.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Klop a few hundred ahead now. Dane still has a good amount of districts, not a lot but some. Back and forth.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This one is a nail-biter. Even if Kloppenberg wins, it is not the decisive victory that was really needed.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope everyone is ready to hear how this just shows that people actually agree with Walker and that this means Americans want more union busting.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The real sad part about Prosser winning isn't going to be all the bullshit he inflicts on Walker's behalf, but that the energy of Wisconsin's Democrats will basically evaporate afterward.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well right now Klopp is in the lead by about 6k. We can hope.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Kloppenburg up by 5k with 71% in.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Taramoor wrote: »
    The real sad part about Prosser winning isn't going to be all the bullshit he inflicts on Walker's behalf, but that the energy of Wisconsin's Democrats will basically evaporate afterward.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Word was that they were using this as a chance to accelerate signature collection.

If they can announce another finished recall petition or three tomorrow energy shouldn't be too hard to maintain.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited April 2011
    man i am hitting f5 more than i have in a while now......

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Something doesn't feel right. There hasn't been any news from Waukesha for some time now.

Ginrai on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just expect 80+% of Waukesha to be for Prosser

You know what bugs me, I couldn't vote because I couldn't get off work for a minor election. I wonder if that's typical.

override367 on
  • Options
    TwoQuestionsTwoQuestions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so Kloppenberg is done?

TwoQuestions on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, but it still says that only around 25% of the votes have been tallied. And there's already been around 80-100,000 votes counted.

Ginrai on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So everyone else is seeing 7k for Klop, right?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    so Kloppenberg is done?

Not from the numbers.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Waukesha just had a big jump and it didn't even close Prosser by more than a couple thousand votes.

Don't start calling gloom and doom yet. That's a big hit Prosser just took.

EDIT: And Kloppenburg just made back what she lost to Waukesha, so it didn't really close him at all. And she didn't need Dane or Milwaukee's help to do it.

Gosling on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is there a link to this realtime vote update?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nevermind, Klop is up by 4k.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ginrai wrote: »
    Yeah, but it still says that only around 25% of the votes have been tallied. And there's already been around 80-100,000 votes counted.

that can't be right...there's only 280k voting age adults in Waukesha.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I will downplay my earlier pessimism somewhat, comparing fully reported counties totals to the 08 presidential it seems that so far, we're at about half of the turnout then. Now since Waukesha is such an outlier demographic, I wouldn't make a direct comparison, but even then the total votes coming out of it should probably not top 150k (It's at 85k so far).

Edit: Percentage of counties is not percentage of votes. Though the number changes in Waukesha are really, really small for an alleged 50 extra counties reporting..... I swear they were at 6(low)k 2(low)k when it was at 42/198, and it's still so at 118/198.

SanderJK on
This discussion has been closed.