As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] - WoD of Darkness Game Over! Vampire Victory!

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ugh.

and you all wonder why the village has been doing so poorly lately.

When's vote close? Because...Challenge Accepted

I'll successfully pick a Mafia by the end of today*.

*Unless vote close is really early and i'm asleep.

Attention:Capfalcon is mafia.

Carry on.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh shit, Capfalcon, you vampiric bastard!

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Also, this.
    Teucrian wrote: »
    If you guys really don't want to let Dunadan play, take it up with an admin, or with people running the game. But repeated, unprompted, day one bullying makes me pretty angry.

You made your point. He got punished for his outburst in the Blarnfidel game. He got voted out in the 80s phalla. Move on.
    Really, Teucrian? Really?

Really.

You're right, I can't tell you how to play. But if you think "grudging" a person for months at a time with a large enough group such that they have to fight off a day one wagon every single game is anything other than bullying. . .I just don't know what to tell you.

That's the last I have to say about it this game. It's a silly conversation that has already been indulged too long and too often.
    Attention:Capfalcon is mafia.

Carry on.

That immortal squish vote definitely gives off the scent, doesn't it?

Teucrian on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    spoit because its late and I'm lazy

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have been watching, and waiting.

Reserve!

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    capfalcon, sami, and somebody else on the last page.

also,Fiaryn, I voted for Ringo, sweetheart,not you. I like yelling Fiaryn, for the most part. here, have another slice of pizza.

vote close in 2 hours (my 2pm you silly Dingo, i'm in New Zealand)

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    :whistle: It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake. If the way is hazy! You gotta do the cooking by the book. You know you can't be lazy! :whistle:

Bake a Cake!

Heffling on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I will destroy you and all you love.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WE'RE PLAYING VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE NOT CHANGELING CAN ANY OF YOU FUCKING READ?

GET OUT OF HERE HEFFLING. JUST...GET OUT.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Worth noting that until post #157, Fiaryn and T_A were tied at six votes each.

At that point real_pochacco switched his vote from Fiaryn to T_A, followed by heffling and then matev threw his on T_A as well. Shortly thereafter, dragon6860 withdrew his Fiaryn vote.

Don't know if anyone cares. But if Fiaryn comes up mafia at some point, I figured I should put it out there.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vote count: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuPEyJABoIivdGFtMVhPaGN2d2NlNFRGblZETkRNSHc&hl=en#gid=1
    the anon 9
    ahava 5
    dunadan 3
    fiaryn 3
    ringo 2
    spoit 2
    coutts 1
    heffling 1
    immortal squish 1

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't know about you, Fiaryn, but I'm playing World of Darkness. And what's darker than Lazy Town?

Heffling on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Heffling wrote: »
    I don't know about you, Fiaryn, but I'm playing World of Darkness. And what's darker than Lazy Town?

My Little Pony.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn this forum does not like letting me post today.
    T_A

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys, do you think we could get me killed in the next hour?

yeah, me either.

I guess you mafia will just have to try harder tomorrow

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Worth noting that until post #157, Fiaryn and T_A were tied at six votes each.

At that point real_pochacco switched his vote from Fiaryn to T_A, followed by heffling and then matev threw his on T_A as well. Shortly thereafter, dragon6860 withdrew his Fiaryn vote.

Don't know if anyone cares. But if Fiaryn comes up mafia at some point, I figured I should put it out there.

FWIW, I switched my vote because I was compelled by Fiaryn's complaints about this being the first time he's come back in a while, because I'm in the same boat.

I then immediately regretted it because it turns out caps lock isn't actually cruise control for cool.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Day 1 is over. Narration incoming. Like, 10 minutes or so.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ...way to miss vote close, me.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    oh, wait, i did vote! phew.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Day 2 - But there was so much blood!

Sgt. Leopold Driscoll sighed. Paperwork was a real killer. Especially this mess. Some junkie, strung out on God knows what came across a tourist visiting and decided that this was the day for a big score. Tourists, they had more bravery than sense. He said no, junkie took a knife and gutted him. Talk about wrong place at the wrong time. Ah well, Leo thought long and hard about the hot meal that he'd have waiting at home. Just as soon as this paperwork was done.

Lucille Dumont sat in front of her television. The little TV dinner steamed in front of her. She had tried already to eat it, but it was still too hot. She sighed and poked at the little chunk of meatloaf on the plastic plate. It didn't really look that appetizing. At least that hidden camera show was coming on where they follow around women and catch their cheating men. If only she had watched this show before she met Darren. Suddenly, Lucille's window flew open, a sharp cold breeze blowing in. Her head hit the floor a full ten seconds before her body realized it was gone.
    Nathaniel Knudson, Regent of the Second Circle of Mysteries, stood and pulled his hood back. Around him lay scattered ritual components, building blocks of blood magic. This ritual was complex...and forbidden. If his superiors were aware that he knew it, he would be severely reprimanded. But, it was effective. The woman shouldn't even see it coming.

Steven yawned and rubbed his eyes. Security was so boring. He started counting cars again. That would keep him awake. He took a long drink of his coffee and dreamed about Becky Randall. Man, she had a tight ass, well, in high school she did. Steven smiled to himself. He sat up suddenly, there was a strange feeling in his gut. He shifted in his seat, but the pain didn't go away. He stood, but the pain was persistent. Steven tried to massage the pain away, but it just wouldn't quit. Then he lost his balance, and fell over. Steven moaned and twisted around on the floor. After only a short time, he stopped moving all together.
    Julian kicked the man lightly a couple of times. He was dead. The spirits had answered him and visited upon him the wrath of the Wendigo. He sniffed the air, relying on his rather pitiful human nose. No smell, nothing. He was sure that this man was one of the tainted. What a pity.

Gregory Matheson took his keys out of the ignition. He grabbed the bag of taco bell from the passenger seat. He grabbed his soda out of the cup holder, but he held it too tight and it spilled. Greg cursed and yelled. It was just his luck. As he opened the door and got out, he didn't even realize that a man had come up behind him. His brain didn't have enough time to process the fact that the tire iron totally caved in his skull. When the police found his body, they theorized that the man who killed Greg had to be on something. It took a couple of pretty burly coroner's assistants to manage to pull the tire iron out from where it was wedged into Greg's skull.

Across town Marshall Tennor also wasn't paying attention. Unlike Greg, he didn't have to worry about tire irons. The large furry shape that dropped down from the roof of a nearby building didn't use anything other than it's own claws and teeth to rend him limb from limb.

Deaths
    The_Anonymous – Jacob MacIntyre, killed by fate
    Lonelyahava – Lucille Dumont, Chill of the Windsabre
    Dragon6860 – Steven the security guard, Insides frozen
    Spoit – Gregory Matheson, killed by inhuman strength
    Alegis – Marshall Tennor, torn limb from limb

Day 2 had begun! It will end at 6:00PM PDT on Tuesday

LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Holy bodies batman.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oooOOOooo

We had names?

oooOOOoop

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    PM's should be out. Bug me if you think you should have gotten one and didn't.

You have names when you die, like project Mayhem.

LoserForHireX on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    OoooOOOoo

wow, way to screw up the time zones there, hava...

OoooOOOoo

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    GOOD WORK PEOPLE. WE'RE REALLY DOING A BANG UP JOB HERE.

HUMANITY'S GREATEST TALENT IN WORLD OF DARKNESS: DYING.

GLAD TO SEE CRITICAL FAILURES IS UP TO THE TASK.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Ringovig? Of course, he says he killed Alegis... which means he actually killed me D:

Hmmm...

so Ringo called the kill of Alegis, although I have no idea what this post means.

Also, romanqwerty said Capfalcon was mafia.

So two, maybe three reveals? Am I reading this right?

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    son of a Donald duck.

I for one blame !Fiaryn, given the votes shifted off of him.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ringovig? Of course, he says he killed Alegis... which means he actually killed me D:

Hmmm...

so Ringo called the kill of Alegis, although I have no idea what this post means.

I think romanqwerty was just calling out bullshit for yuks. Ringo, it strongly seems, is a werewolf. Of course, it could be someone else who piggybacked on his premature call to sow confusion.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    RINGO CALLS SHIT LIKE THIS NEARLY EVERY GAME PEOPLE. EVEN WHEN HE CAN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING.

BUUUUUUUT NUKE IT FROM ORBIT IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE.

!Ringo

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    RINGO CALLS SHIT LIKE THIS NEARLY EVERY GAME PEOPLE. EVEN WHEN HE CAN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING.

!Ringo

Uh, what? It's pretty clear that his called shot was legit, so what are you going on about?

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Hmmm...

I think romanqwerty was just calling out bullshit for yuks. Ringo, it strongly seems, is a werewolf. Of course, it could be someone else who piggybacked on his premature call to sow confusion.

The fact that the source of the kill is lime'd makes me think that it's probably not the latter.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    but !Ringo is a werewolf.

like, look at the narration and tell me Ringo isn't a werewolf.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

!Ringo

Uh, what? It's pretty clear that his called shot was legit, so what are you going on about?

RINGO. HE HAS A HABIT OF CARRYING ON AND DECLARING HE'S GOING TO KILL SOMEONE EVEN WHEN HE HAS DICK FOR ABILITIES.

SO DO WE VOTE FOR HIM AND HOPE THAT THIS TIME...THIS TIME IT WILL BE DIFFERENT? OR GUESS THAT SOMEONE IS JUST TRYING TO GET US TO BANDWAGON SOME RANDOM ASSHOLE?

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

!Ringo

RINGO. HE HAS A HABIT OF CARRYING ON AND DECLARING HE'S GOING TO KILL SOMEONE EVEN WHEN HE HAS DICK FOR ABILITIES.

SO DO WE VOTE FOR HIM AND HOPE THAT THIS TIME...THIS TIME IT WILL BE DIFFERENT? OR GUESS THAT SOMEONE IS JUST TRYING TO GET US TO BANDWAGON SOME RANDOM ASSHOLE?

Why would the good (lime'd) vig want to sow confusion in the village by making it seem like Ringo is the vig when he's not? Does that really make any sense?

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i guess upon further inspection of this bullshit, 4 hours before vote close is a bit early.

nevermind. no evidence.

gonna leave the vote restin' on kuhlmeye.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Hmmm...

Hmm, it didn't seem like a joke to me... or maybe I just didn't get it.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    ACTUALLY ON A RE-READ OF THE OP, THE WEREWOLVES PROBABLY ARE ON OUR SIDE.

ALL CONSUMING PARANOIA RETRACTED. THE VOTE STAYS ON RINGO UNTIL A BETTER IDEA CROPS UP.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gah! I apologize for not voting yesterday. I'm willing to man up and admit that it wasn't the wonky server, but my own incompitence that allowed such a thing to happen.

I swear, today I will make up for my failures, and willingly step into the gigantic meat grinder that is this Phalla like a good little Homo Sapien.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm gonna vote !Fiaryn for now because you're either acting like an obnoxious unhelpful caps-lock-loving vanillager or a baddie.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fiaryn, why are you trying to vote out the vig?

why

3cl1ps3 on