Options

SC2: Dreamhack and NASL tomorrow! You will never get any work done!

• Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sceptre wrote: »
    What has this thread become?

we dont talk about it
    fightclub2.jpg

iowa on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man this new dude is talking SO LOUD and not really letting catspajamas say much. Argh!

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lizzuma apparently doesn't have anything hotkeyed o.0?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Apparently if you drink NOS you don't need hotkeys. Zzzzoooooommmmm!

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I guess standard TvT now is mass tank/marine/viking and then someone gets air superiority and then goes BCs?

Cool.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I don't think there is a standard TvT, there are so many options.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Enigma435Enigma435 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Guess what peoples! VoDs!

http://blip.tv/file/4998191

Encoding it in a better format now to fix the letterboxing BS. Thought it would get converted by blip, but it's up there for now and i'll replace with a nicer version when i get another upload done.

Enigma435 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    This looks interesting

http://fantasystarcraft.net/
    No idea how it works but I signed up.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wait... what? Huh?!

That's so meta I dunno what to say.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I don't think I've won a single zvz in season 2, which comprises roughly 90% of games. Terran has seemingly gone extinct and occasionally a protoss will rear his clown nose.

Also, baneling busts are utterly impossible vs toss lol.

TheBog on
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so, in summary, don't bother watching any of the TSL vods for today?

PoolCue on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Unless you really really want to see some onesided stomps, no.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    3clipse wrote: »
    So I guess standard TvT now is mass tank/marine/viking and then someone gets air superiority and then goes BCs?

Cool.

TvT sees everything in it though:

marauders (because you can't count on marines to survive longer than a picosecond)
    blue-flame hellions (most likely dropped)
    medivacs (for those sweet sweet drops)
    thors (because sometimes you need mobile air denial)
    banshees (harass /snipe tanks)
    ravens (because they are pretty much the most baller unit)

and sometimes when feeling bold
    ghosts (nukes, emp their medivacs/raven/banshee/CCs)

That leaves the poor reaper who will only ever see the light of day in maybe the first 6 minutes

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is what I imagine the marines would sound like if White-ra played Terran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRDwWFEJVfo&feature=relmfu

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »

* At about 6:45 your warpgates sat idle for about 40 seconds. An extra round of sentries there would have helped put you in a much better position.
    * Against early bio your knee-jerk reaction needs to be to cast forcefields. You didn't have any for the first encounter due to the missed production cycle, and in the 2nd last and last encounters you had sentries with energy but just didn't cast any. Carving off a slice of the bio ball can make a world of difference.
    * I think being on the cliff for the last fight hurt you more than it helped. Once the terran has medivacs out the high ground doesn't count for much, and it gave him some free shots at your colossus. Probably better to just get to the top of the ramp for a head-on defense at that point.

HTH

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    tyler noooooo

still those 500 hundred thors in the first game was pretty cool

catching up on the second and third game but after the first I stopped caring about spoilers because it was so bad

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    btw my new keyboard is here and my new mousepad (no more weird mouse issue)

I am now unbeatable

at the game of

blowing money on pc accessories

8-)

Variable on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the last three pages of this thread were fucking retarded

iowa, streltsy, for a while I thought you guys were just trolling and using hyperbole when it came to Protoss, but you actually legitimately think there is a serious overall balance problem.

I didn't know it was possible to believe such fucking stupid things. Especially since not only do you guys not actually play this game anymore, but neither of you were any good to begin with.

If there IS a small balance problem, and there may well be, there is not a single person here on this forum playing at a level where it even matters.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is it me, or are streams really stuttery lately?

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »

iowa, streltsy, for a while I thought you guys were just trolling and using hyperbole when it came to Protoss, but you actually legitimately think there is a serious overall balance problem.

I didn't know it was possible to believe such fucking stupid things. Especially since not only do you guys not actually play this game anymore, but neither of you were any good to begin with.

If there IS a small balance problem, and there may well be, there is not a single person here on this forum playing at a level where it even matters.

oh shit not good at the game no/.......no

and there seemed to be an agreement that warpgates + chrono were over powered in the late game, if you read carefully.

there is an overall balance problem wrt to WGs and blizzard has recognized it. the solution just isn't apparent yet

iowa on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That isn't at all what it is about though, it would more accurately be the reverse situation from that video. Basically I agree with the idea that NASL should be a North America based league how GSL is based in Korea. If people want to compete in NASL they should be here. It helps promote growth and sustainability to the scene. Now Korean players have two major prize pools (GSL and NASL) where most americans only have the one.

That being said, I am glad koreans are in the NASL.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That is, in fact, all that's being said. "I don't want Koreans taking my money" was his lead-off in the video.

Whenever he started veering too far into xenophobia and jingoism he would just stop and say "Well... you know what I mean, right? You get it?"

kedinik on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It isn't about that though, it is about growing esports in the US, a SC2 esports scene outside of Korea. Something comparable to the GSL.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    StreltsyStreltsy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

What?

I had like two posts, one was liming iowa who was trolling pretty hard and the other pretty clearly a joke.
    Didn't even say anything about imbalance at all.

Also, I never claimed I was good, ever. But apparently you're hot shit or something now that you're in masters? lol.

Streltsy on
    410239-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well the last thing I'll say about this is that you'll never grow the level of competition outside of Korea by arbitrarily shutting out the best competitors in the world. That is not how competitive growth works.

kedinik on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    are they going to nerf 4-gates next patch or what
    soo tired of clowntoss 4-gating every game, they're all so bad

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Enigma435Enigma435 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think it's not a bad thing to provide a little home court advantage to north american players in something like the NASL. I don't think it's realistic to make everyone play in one place in person that regularly like it is for the GSL, but I don't think it'd a bad idea to have all the games played on the NA server or something of that nature. If foreigners want to compete in GSL they have to go to Korea, and play there. It's not a bad thing provide a little home court advantage in a league like the NASL. Nobody complains that koreans can't compete in MLG. They are welcome to if they move over. I don't think you want to exclude koreans because they are korean I think you want to foster a scene more locally before globally. If the NASL was a carbon copy of GSL except in NA nobody would say it's xenophobic even though you'd be requiring koreans to move to california to play games.

Enigma435 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    kedinik wrote: »
    Well the last thing I'll say about this is that you'll never grow the level of competition outside of Korea by arbitrarily shutting out the best competitors in the world. That is not how competitive growth works.

They aren't shutting down anyone, Catz wants it to be like the GSL where the players go to korea to compete, they would come to america to compete.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Catz makes bad arguments for a somewhat true topic. He just has all the wrong reasons.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I've posted this before but I'll say it here again. There is absolutely no good reason to keep koreans out of NASL. That said...if they want to compete then they either get their asses over here or they accept the terrible lag of playing on the NA server. The way TSL is handling the alternating servers thing is fine for TSL since it is an international tournament. But the NASL is our NA tournament. I'm cool with us being less strict than the GSL and actually letting them play over internet w/o having to move to NA, but every single game should be played out on the NA server. If they don't want to deal with lag they should come here just like every foreigner has to move to korea if they want to compete in the GSL.

Maratastik on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Streltsy wrote: »

What?

I had like two posts, one was liming iowa who was trolling pretty hard and the other pretty clearly a joke.
    Didn't even say anything about imbalance at all.

Also, I never claimed I was good, ever. But apparently you're hot shit or something now that you're in masters? lol.

you'll note i specifically said no one here is even remotely playing at the level where any imbalances (if they exist) affect anything at all.

you, however, are one of the loudest complainers about Protoss, as is iowa, so I target you.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Enigma435 wrote: »
    I think it's not a bad thing to provide a little home court advantage to north american players in something like the NASL. I don't think it's realistic to make everyone play in one place in person that regularly like it is for the GSL, but I don't think it'd a bad idea to have all the games played on the NA server or something of that nature. If foreigners want to compete in GSL they have to go to Korea, and play there. It's not a bad thing provide a little home court advantage in a league like the NASL. Nobody complains that koreans can't compete in MLG. They are welcome to if they move over. I don't think you want to exclude koreans because they are korean I think you want to foster a scene more locally before globally. If the NASL was a carbon copy of GSL except in NA nobody would say it's xenophobic even though you'd be requiring koreans to move to california to play games.

I wouldn't even use the term home court advantage. It's a NA tournament. Why should we make concessions for a bunch of players over in korea and disadvantage foreigners with lag in half of their games? If you want to compete from korea without moving over here that's fine, but you accept the lag that comes with it. GSL would absolutely not make any concessions to foreigners so why should the NASL be any different?

Maratastik on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That is, in fact, all that's being said. "I don't want Koreans taking my money" was his lead-off in the video.

Whenever he started veering too far into xenophobia and jingoism he would just stop and say "Well... you know what I mean, right? You get it?"

Are we getting into this again? -_-

From a business perspective, if you want sustainable long term growth, you need to create a domestic demand. I hate to break it to you, but doing that with home town heroes is infinitely easier, and if NASL wants to succeed long term, they better hope and pray that Koreans don't come in and tear house from across the big pond.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

They aren't shutting down anyone, Catz wants it to be like the GSL where the players go to korea to compete, they would come to america to compete.

Eh? He literally says "We should not allow 10 Koreans in the NASL" and that they shouldn't be able to take his money. The NASL is not aggressively shutting out Koreans and that makes Catz upset.

I also think it's worth noting that "Korea isolates itself with the GSL, therefore we should isolate ourselves back!" strikes me as petty and irrational.

I'm content to agree to disagree but it's pretty clear that Catz is arguing from his pocketbook and not from an intellectually honest point of view.

kedinik on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Eh? He literally says "We should not allow 10 Koreans in the NASL" and that they shouldn't be able to take his money. The NASL is not aggressively shutting out Koreans and that makes Catz upset.

I also think it's worth noting that "Korea isolates itself with the GSL, therefore we should isolate ourselves back!" strikes me as petty and irrational.

I'm content to agree to disagree but it's pretty clear that Catz is arguing from his pocketbook and not from an intellectually honest point of view.

So Catz is dumb and makes bad points because he's coming from a selfish point of view.

But does that make the points that others have brought up in this thread irrelevant? Let's just forget about Catz for a bit and talk about the actual topic.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Catz is the kind of person who speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say something, I have a lot of respect for people like that. You took what he said a little out of context, he also said he is fine with players like Select, and that he isn't afraid of Korean players and it has been proven that they can be beat he just thinks that they should have to be in the US to compete.

Whatever though, I bought NASL pass already so I will see how it goes...why the hell did I buy the pass? I don't have enough free time...but it was only $20.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Enigma435 wrote: »

this is a major major difference in having invites vs. having to compete to earn a spot

if you don't invite koreans imo you're making a mistake and missing out on having the best games possible

gsl doesn't not invite foreigners, it's open to anyone who can play well enough to get there. you do need to physically be in korea because that's where the games take place... if they wanted to do that with nasl they could.

Variable on