As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Industry Thread: Rhymes are for Losers you Sales Thread Users.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43838/The-Sun-continues-3DS-vendetta
    Inaccurate reporting becomes fantastical story telling as inexplicable editorial policy goes into overdrive

UK newspaper The Sun has this morning stepped up what can by now only be described as a 'vendetta' against Nintendo's 3DS handheld.

Yesterday the paper incorrectly claimed that retailers were seeing "record return levels" and that many were offering refunds to customers returning their machines.

This was fiercely denied by GAME and HMV – both of whom were implicated – and The Sun eventually amended its story to remove the claim. Sources close to the retailers told MCV that the paper appeared sincere in its apology and that a genuine mistake had been made.

That's now become very hard to believe.

This morning's edition of the paper carries a story with the following unbelievable headline: 'Nintendo 3DS is game for a barf'.

In it 'Sun doctor' Carol Cooper carries out a number of experiments on 22 year-old Lee Price, who was asked to play Street Fighter IV 3D and PES 2011 3D in four 30 minute slots.

The outcome? A racing pulse and climbing blood pressure. Pieces of 'expert' analysis include "If this was your resting rate, I'd recommend you saw a GP about high blood pressure", "If this rate is sustained for a long period it could damage circulation" and "Children should not be left to play on it for hours".

Even more astonishingly, yesterday The Sun's business editor Steve Hawkes had the gall to infer a connection between the surprise departure of PR and comms boss Rob Saunders and the ill-judged dizziness scandal.

It's the very worst kind of sensationalist reporting and one that is very much at odds with the early success enjoyed by the 3DS at retail. The big question now is whether or not The Sun succeeds in its obvious quest to pump 3DS dizziness claims up the news agenda.
    So goddamn retarded.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Journalism at its finest folks!

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sadly, The Sun is as stupid as it is popular. I don't know why the hell they're so against the 3DS, other than it's popular and sticking it on the front cover will shift copies. Have Nintendo pissed off News Corp lately? Or have Sony/Apple cosied up with them in some way?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You know what's worse than inaccurate reporting from The Sun?

Reporting about the inaccurate reporting in The Sun by Someone Else.

It's the laziest kind of cut and paste journalism that in no way makes mcvuk any more legitimate than The Sun itself. Saying that The Sun is a bad newspaper is like saying that water is wet. Everyone knows it already, to the degree that I actually look down my nose at journalists that think they have a 'scoop' each time The Sun makes up some bullshit with some kind of agenda. The naivete of such a piece hurts me physically.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    You know what's worse than inaccurate reporting from The Sun?

Reporting about the inaccurate reporting in The Sun by Someone Else.

It's the laziest kind of cut and paste journalism that in no way makes mcvuk any more legitimate than The Sun itself. Saying that The Sun is a bad newspaper is like saying that water is wet. Everyone knows it already, to the degree that I actually look down my nose at journalists that think they have a 'scoop' each time The Sun makes up some bullshit with some kind of agenda. The naivete of such a piece hurts me physically.

This is really irritating me too, seeing all the gaming news outlets report on the Sun flinging their own faeces around. It seems like they're trying to present it as a counter-argument, like Eurogamer contacting the mentioned outlets to get actual information on the returns, but mostly it's just giving more publicity to a story that only deserves AIDS.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bullshit news stories about the 3DS are relevant industry news when the bullshit stories are published in a major newspaper.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It's gaming journalism once again trying to play at the big boys' table.

As terrible as The Sun unquestionably is, and for all their inaccuracies and agendas and yellow journalism - it still has worth in this world of ours. It still has merit, however small an amount. Reporting on the reporting contributes nothing, absolutely nothing, to human society. Especially when it amounts to the base level of fact checking.

Newsflash, fuckos. Calling up GAME and fact checking The Sun's story is not 'journalism'. It's the kind of thing you get unpaid interns to do for you while you sit back and drink coffee at 6pm in the newsroom. It's not reporting. It's rote, menial tasks. Doing that alone does not validate anything, nor provide any insight into the quality or accuracy of the Sun story.

Not only that, but the notion that calling up GAME or HMV to ask them 'are your products being returned in record numbers' is not ever, in any possible configuration of atoms or molecules in the universe going to result in anything but a flat out denial. Regardless of the truth, or fact.

Every day I become more disappointed in gaming journalism in all its forms. The number of legitimate outlets is rapidly dwindling on my Chrome bookmarks tab to Rock Paper Shotgun and NeoGAF games forum. Maybe... maybe Giantbomb. Sometimes.

Everything else is try-hard, wannabe professional enthusiasts with no formal training, no integrity - all craving page views and site hits like some crack whore crumpled up in a heap outside the Y at 4am screaming out for a hit.

As terrible as The Sun is, I respect it more. What does that tell you about the reporting on the reporting?

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Anyway, terrible OP is terrible. Never thought I'd say it, but bring back cloudeagle. I've long thought I could improve upon his OP's (including old sales data or even links to old sales threads/posts would be a nice start) but damn...

Nah. Yours would just be full of superfluous apostrophes.

DaveTheWave on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't think GAF counts as gaming journalism in any capacity. It's a fast place to check up on the latest gaming news, if that's what you mean.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sony Computer Entertainment America president Jack Tretton has said that the success of a platform is not reliant on price but in the value of its features.

Tretton discussed the value of gaming in an interview with Fast Company. "I think that consumers respond to value. If you're passionate about something you find a way to go out and get it and gamers are very passionate," he said.

Tretton makes the common comparison between the cost of a game - an experience of dozens of hours for around $60 - and the total expense of seeing a movie at cinema, which usually provides two hours of entertainment at a similar cost.

"When you're buying a platform, when you're buying technology, you're hopefully buying a device that you're going to enjoy for many years. If you look at an investment comparable to a game device be it a system or a portable - whether it's an iPod or cell phone - people are used to spending several hundred dollars to get a portable device," he goes on to say.

"Typically it comes down to; 'how good is the system and how bad do I want it?' And it's not to say that the price of the platform isn't a consideration, but I don't think price makes or kills a platform. Something that's lousy and very inexpensive is not going to be successful. Something that's pricey will ultimately find its audience if there's enough value there."

Tretton makes no specific reference to the price of its next portable, codenamed NGP. However, rumours suggest the console will cost between $250 and $350.

Meanwhile Sony has warned NGP could be subject to delays after suffering production problems during the Japan crisis that has devastated the country.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/296926/news/sony-price-doesnt-make-or-kill-a-platform/

Not sure if this bodes well for the price. O_o

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    I don't think GAF counts as gaming journalism in any capacity. It's a place to check up on the latest fanboy whine.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I don't think GAF counts as gaming journalism in any capacity. It's a place to check up on the latest fanboy whine.

But Penny Arcade already does that, and better too.

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

But Penny Arcade already does that, and better too.

But we do it with class.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Sony Computer Entertainment America president Jack Tretton has said that the success of a platform is not reliant on price but in the value of its features.

Tretton discussed the value of gaming in an interview with Fast Company. "I think that consumers respond to value. If you're passionate about something you find a way to go out and get it and gamers are very passionate," he said.

Tretton makes the common comparison between the cost of a game - an experience of dozens of hours for around $60 - and the total expense of seeing a movie at cinema, which usually provides two hours of entertainment at a similar cost.

"When you're buying a platform, when you're buying technology, you're hopefully buying a device that you're going to enjoy for many years. If you look at an investment comparable to a game device be it a system or a portable - whether it's an iPod or cell phone - people are used to spending several hundred dollars to get a portable device," he goes on to say.

"Typically it comes down to; 'how good is the system and how bad do I want it?' And it's not to say that the price of the platform isn't a consideration, but I don't think price makes or kills a platform. Something that's lousy and very inexpensive is not going to be successful. Something that's pricey will ultimately find its audience if there's enough value there."

Tretton makes no specific reference to the price of its next portable, codenamed NGP. However, rumours suggest the console will cost between $250 and $350.

Meanwhile Sony has warned NGP could be subject to delays after suffering production problems during the Japan crisis that has devastated the country.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/296926/news/sony-price-doesnt-make-or-kill-a-platform/

Not sure if this bodes well for the price. O_o

Sounds like it's pre-announcement damage control to me.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Why do I get the feeling that the NGP is going to be another PS3 debacle?

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    At least initial reports show that they're using fairly standardized hardware instead of esoteric BS like the PS2 and PS3.

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    When is the thing supposed to be released, anyway? Or is this another "The next gen starts when we say it does" thing? Because allowing the 3DS to get a head start isn't doing them any favors.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Senior staff reveal Activision’s excessively hands-on approach, Blur regrets and the chance to buy the studio back.

Former senior staff at Bizarre Creations have spoken out about Activision’s closure of the studio in February.

Creative director Martyn Chudley, his wife, commercial manager Sarah Chudley, and former design manager Gareth Wilson, now at Sumo Digital, told us what prompted Bizarre’s sale to Activision, how the input of a major publisher affected the working atmosphere at the studio, and their feelings on Activision's decision to close the studio after three months fruitlessly searching for a buyer.

“I don’t think the atmosphere differed too much during the years before Activision,” said Martyn Chudley. “We were always proudly independent. However, when Activision took over, we really felt that they would leave our culture alone, and for a while it was fine, but slowly the feeling did start to change.

“We weren’t an independent studio making ‘our’ games anymore – we were making games to fill slots. Although we did all believe in them, they were more the products of committees and analysts. The culture we’d worked on for so long gradually eroded just enough so that it wasn’t ‘ours’ anymore.”

Wilson says the change in atmosphere was “just the reality of managing so many people. It’s a challenge for any studio these days to make everyone on the team feel like they’re really contributing to a game when there could be well over 100 people on a single game in production.”

Having made its name with driving games like the Project Gotham Racing series, Activision’s decision to task Bizarre with development of Blur seemed a good fit. However Martyn Chudley admits that the final product “failed to resonate with the games-buying public...it was probably too tough to pigeonhole.” Wilson agrees, saying the studio erred in “underestimating how difficult it was to get a new IP off the ground at this stage of the console cycle.”

Perhaps the most surprising claim is that Activision gave Bizarre the choice of buying itself back; even more surprisingly, the answer was no. “Without going into details, yes, there was [an opportunity],” Martyn explains, “but I personally thought there was far greater potential for the security and well-being of the company if a third party could come in.”

“In any case,” Sarah adds, “Bizarre had grown even more since [Activision] took over, and we just didn’t have the skills, capability or finances to look after over 200 people. Martyn and I were always small-company people, which is why we stepped aside when we realised it needed big-company skills to manage.”

The Liverpool studio eventually closed its doors on 18 February, after 17 years in the business. You can read the full interview in our new issue, E227, which should be with subscribers any day now and will be on shelves on April 12.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/bizarre-creations-staff-speak-out-on-closure

Be warned Blizzard, watch your backs.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

*sigh*

They'll be fine. Not even close to the same situation.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »

*sigh*

*sigh*

You never know when Kotick is involved.

No harm in a friendly warning. :P

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2011

*sigh*

*sigh*

Blizzard is Oprah rich. If the situation ever got to the point that they were unhappy, they could leave.

In any case, Activision doesn't own them. They are partners. None of what happened to Bizarre is really applicable.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's gaming journalism once again trying to play at the big boys' table.

As terrible as The Sun unquestionably is, and for all their inaccuracies and agendas and yellow journalism - it still has worth in this world of ours. It still has merit, however small an amount. Reporting on the reporting contributes nothing, absolutely nothing, to human society. Especially when it amounts to the base level of fact checking.

Newsflash, fuckos. Calling up GAME and fact checking The Sun's story is not 'journalism'. It's the kind of thing you get unpaid interns to do for you while you sit back and drink coffee at 6pm in the newsroom. It's not reporting. It's rote, menial tasks. Doing that alone does not validate anything, nor provide any insight into the quality or accuracy of the Sun story.

Not only that, but the notion that calling up GAME or HMV to ask them 'are your products being returned in record numbers' is not ever, in any possible configuration of atoms or molecules in the universe going to result in anything but a flat out denial. Regardless of the truth, or fact.

Every day I become more disappointed in gaming journalism in all its forms. The number of legitimate outlets is rapidly dwindling on my Chrome bookmarks tab to Rock Paper Shotgun and NeoGAF games forum. Maybe... maybe Giantbomb. Sometimes.

Everything else is try-hard, wannabe professional enthusiasts with no formal training, no integrity - all craving page views and site hits like some crack whore crumpled up in a heap outside the Y at 4am screaming out for a hit.

As terrible as The Sun is, I respect it more. What does that tell you about the reporting on the reporting?

Wait, you previously decried game journalists for a lack of fact-checking, but when they do it's not enough? What do you want then? I'm at a loss for what you're even looking for in "gaming journalism".

In other randomness, an indie developer jumps ship from Impulse at the news of the GameStop acquisition.
    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/gamestop-purchase-pushing-away-impulse-developers/
    “Due to a rather large list of things we detest about GameStop, Star Ruler will no longer be available for purchase on Impulse after the takeover,” a post on the developer’s official forums explained. “We are ending sales through Impulse due to GameStop's long, negative behavior toward the PC platform and independent games. We would never have signed onto distribution through GameStop, and being forced into this situation has only made it worse for us. We feel GameStop cannot serve as the leader of a true competitor in the digital distribution market.”

The developers hammered at GameStop’s business practices in the post, including a consistent focus on “large budget titles and safe bets” and a lack of support for “the independent market”. They also lament the fact that Impulse will no longer be under the direction of Stardock’s Brad Wardell.

It would be a problem if the purchase scares away one of the things that makes PC gaming great.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    edited April 2011

*sigh*

*sigh*

Blizzard is Oprah rich. If the situation ever got to the point that they were unhappy, they could leave.

In any case, Activision doesn't own them. They are partners. None of what happened to Bizarre is really applicable.

Yeah, I kind of get the impression that Blizzard wears the pants in the relationship. Kotick's there talking up how big a company he owns and he's made and how good his guys are at making MMOs and if you want things done you talk to him, meanwhile his franchises are burning to the ground while Blizzard, who were raking in more money than some countries before Activision came anywhere near their door, just kind of sit back and go "uh.. 'kay Bob, whatever you say".

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This will be funny right up until he actually does something.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

This.

Kotick was put in charge, end of story.

As of right now he hasn't felt the need to mess with them, as they do their thing, and make the company money. But with Activision losing developers to closings, and many of their major franchises sinking, it's only a matter of time till he decides otherwise.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    A lack of fact-checking in a story is a fault.

Proclaiming fact-checking as a story itself is also a fault.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I don't think GAF counts as gaming journalism in any capacity. It's a fast place to check up on the latest gaming news, if that's what you mean.

It is absolutely the best aggregator of news out there. If all you want is the headlines, it's hard to beat.

Just never go past page one of a thread. Or read any posts other than the OP ever.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    A lack of fact-checking in a story is a fault.

Proclaiming fact-checking as a story itself is also a fault.

NO U!

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You know why The Sun prints these stories? The same reason why people complain about sexual content in games they've never played. It's an all too easy way to generate publicity and webhits and such.

It's a professional level Truth Media Review.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

This.

As of right now he hasn't felt the need to mess with them, as they do their thing, and make the company money. But with Activision losing developers to closings, and many of their major franchises sinking, it's only a matter of time till he decides otherwise.

And then Blizzard calls a shareholder meeting for a CEO change. And who do they side with? The guy who killed two of his biggest selling franchises, is being sued over his third, is closing studios left and right, etc? Or the guy who has single-handedly kept the joint-company not only in the black, but profitable?

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

This.

And then Blizzard calls a shareholder meeting for a CEO change. And who do they side with? The guy who killed two of his biggest selling franchises, is being sued over his third, is closing studios left and right, etc? Or the guy who has single-handedly kept the joint-company not only in the black, but profitable?

It would be nice to think they could pull this off, but it's never this simple.

I like your optimism though.

Also, for all of his faults, Kotick kept the company hugely profitable for a long time. He's just gone crazy over the past three or four years.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

This.

Shareholder activism is unlikely to work. It might just be possible to convince an investor that buying Activision, firing Kotic and splitting off Blizzard for sale might be a profitable move.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Couscous wrote: »

I love Tretton's line of reasoning. Because it was sheer coincidence that the PS3 was eating the 360's exhaust in terms of sales until they slashed the price from $600 to $300, and that the upsurge in sales afterward occurred despite cuts of features to achieve that price drop.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    MattnyxMattnyx Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Ewww. Looks bad even for a Wii game. Graphics aren't everything, but damn.

Well that video is a recording of a Japanese Nintendo Channel movie that was then put through the ringer at Youtube. I think we can safely say it's visual fidelity is now in the "compromised" category.

And for more info for those interested.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/06/pandoras_tower_story/ Gives a nice rundown of info gleaned from the Weekly Famistu.

And here are the scans of said Weekly Famitsu http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=155158

Of note for this thread, the game is made by Ganbarion who made the One Piece Wii games and JUMP Super Stars. Making this yet another Nintendo published title by a small but experienced developer. I wonder how much hand in it's development they had or if this a strict publishing role for them.

Mattnyx on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    korodullin wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »

I love Tretton's line of reasoning. Because it was sheer coincidence that the PS3 was eating the 360's exhaust in terms of sales until they slashed the price from $600 to $300, and that the upsurge in sales afterward occurred despite cuts of features to achieve that price drop.

While I agree entirely, in my specific circumstances I was willing to pay whatever to get whatever. Price is absolutely a factor but feature set is, in my opinion, actually more important.

His error is saying that price doesn't make of break a thing, because it does when it is a significant outlier.

Essentially, if the sticker price isn't something retardedly high, I think price does take a back seat.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    As proven by every overpriced Apple item ever.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City producer Masachika Kawata has said he relishes "the challenge of working with a Western developer", adding that Vancouver-based developer Slant Six Games has "completely changed" his perception of Western developers in general.
    Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City producer Masachika Kawata has said he relishes "the challenge of working with a Western developer", adding that Vancouver-based developer Slant Six Games has "completely changed" his perception of Western developers in general.

"I must say that I love the challenge of working with a western developer, Slant Six especially," Kawata told OXM during our exclusive first look at the game.

"Resident Evil is very unique to Capcom, we've got lots of people working on that particular franchise," he went on. "If we're going to start working with anybody outside of Capcom, Japanese developers as well, we run the risk of losing those particular elements.

"Therefore, the first thing we did was pass on the foundation of the Resident Evil history, and we made sure that Slant Six 'got' it - and I'm happy with the results."

Kawata admitted to certain preconceptions of the western work ethic, and said he was pleasantly surprised by his experiences at the house of SOCOM. "I've never worked with any Western developers besides Slant Six, and I don't know if the same is true of other Western developers, but they work very hard."

"I didn't find any differences to any of the Japanese developers I've worked with before. Besides the time zone and language, I've had no problems working with them at all.

"To be honest, I had my own impression about Western people - being laid back and sitting on sofas, but even yesterday they came in early, on a Sunday, and gave us all sorts of recommendations. They wanted to do it, rather than being dragged out of bed if you like. So they've completely changed my perception about working with Western developers."

Kawata said he was especially pleased with Slant Six's work on Operation Raccoon City's characters. "I'm happy with the concept design. At the moment with the character modelling, we need to lock down more details and features, but I'm confident they will look really good."

Operation Raccoon City was announced last week, and our preview can be found in issue 72 - on shelves tomorrow. According to Kawata, the new game will be a shooter first, horror game second.

Is it any wonder most of them really don't get Western gamers?

Cade on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    "To be honest, I had my own impression about Western people - being laid back and sitting on sofas, but even yesterday they came in early, on a Sunday, and gave us all sorts of recommendations. They wanted to do it, rather than being dragged out of bed if you like. So they've completely changed my perception about working with Western developers."

Wow. Just, wow.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah that's crossed the line from quaint cultural difference to something else. Plus, kind of stupid and arrogant considering these western developers that 'need dragging out of bed' are so much more successful.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    We are getting our first video of Pandora's Tower now. The game is being released on May 26th in Japan. I think that is worse than the Excitebots game.

Couscous on