As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    did that just change? even yesterday I could start a game with just myself and it would just say uneven teams no xp for you

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's probably a temporary thing. They have done it in the past in order to ease up on server load.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Not sure. I'd typically go 5v5 and fill up the rest of the space in each team with bots. You can get small amounts of XP and IP at low levels by doing that, so maybe that's why they could have gotten rid of it? I don't even know, honestly. I just tried a few times, so maybe it's a weird wrinkle in the system.

Then again, I'm used to Riot just kind of doing random shit whenever they want.

edit: not fast with the fingers.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, they have (restricted custom games before). They really need to invest in more hardware, though. Put all that Yen they just got to work.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    They disallow solo-practice games when the server load is excessive.

It's been this way forever.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Had I been playing the game forever, I probably would have known that beforehand.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well that was my favorite maokai game ever. Laning with a Soraka is cool like that though. She didn't B until after I had twice and I only did because I wanted my delicious gold/5 items earlier.

I also noticed that if you give him blue buff karthus can farm entire creep waves in a second. Was a little annoying when I was just that tiny bit away from my next item but overall kind of funny to watch.

6/6/30 plus more end game items than I've ever had in a game with him makes me feel like a badass treeman. Definitely loving this purchase.

although... NO ONE KNOWS TO STAY IN MY ULT

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Had I been playing the game forever, I probably would have known that beforehand.

Well now you know.

That means you now have been playing this game forever.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I like flinging enemies into Maokai's ult right before he pops in and blows a crater in the ground.

edit: some days, it really has felt like forever. hour-long matches against super-tanky teleport/fortify gimmick teams ftl.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    bae bae

what's with the two year old beta logo?

It looks sexier!

well... first, no.

second, it's just the transparency isn't it?

here, this took me exactly 2 seconds in gimp, 4 mouse clicks and one button on the keyboard. (could use a cleaning up, though).
    -shit crap-

I still think the old one is sexier, but thanks! I'll change it now.

BUT BAE BAE

you didn't clean it up!

you're tearing apart my insides!

I only have MS Paint! Why don't you make a fanart title instead? You draw the best pictures.

personalTitle.png

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh my god mooman you have all the MSPaint art from the old thread

fuck

yes

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Done and done!

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    kogmawesome.jpg

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bagel, you are my hero.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I asked this in a normal game last night: Wouldn't Soraka's Wish be a soft counter to Nocturne's Paranoia?

Zoelef on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Not really.

The whiners aren't whining about its damage. It's a matter of the positioning advantage it can cause in teamfights if you catch them overcomitted. So, just for instance, a hard counter would be an ability that teleported your entire team to the same place.

Of course, that would be a hard counter to everything....

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Not really.

The whiners aren't whining about its damage. It's a matter of the positioning advantage it can cause in teamfights if you catch them overcomitted. So, just for instance, a hard counter would be an ability that teleported your entire team to the same place.

Of course, that would be a hard counter to everything....

I want this ability so bad.

Just like, run your team to the enemy base. Just keep fucking wtih everyone.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    JUNGLERS, TAKE SMITE OR THIS WILL HAPPEN
    takesmite.jpg

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    except

it would be a global team teleport skillshot

so you take it at level one and AIM FOR THE NEXUS

YOU ARE IN IT

TO WIN IT

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    neal these people do not know about our global skillshots. they are unenlightened

Jars on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    guys... global skillshots

everything should be one

olaf's axe? global skillshot

gragas' body slam? global skillshot

amumu's bandage toss? global skillshot

i mean, if you hit it is pure skill so it is balanced!!

let me show you soal's shining brilliance:
    SoaL wrote:
    global gragas body slams
    just chillin in middle lane

whats that rustlin

CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA WOO WOOOOO gragas just fucking slides out the bushes, misses everything, and keeps going all the way to top lane

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    oh also primordial burst should be a global skillshot because one time shen got away and b'd under his tower with 100 health and i was sad

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I like the idea of Gragas flying across the map like some kind of bigotry-fueled beer gut missile.

I have this story written out about Gragas and how he's only racist against white people, but forget about all of that for a moment and just bask beneath the shadow of Nikasaur's pudge.

also:

flinging your dumb ass
    as you dive to my tower
    your face has been slain

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    janna's tornadoes would be the best global skillshot ever

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    keep the distance scaling on there and just one shot everyone at their nexus at the start of the game.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    JUNGLERS, TAKE SMITE OR THIS WILL HAPPEN
    takesmite.jpg

On the topic, how do you build your udyr? I've been thinking about giving him more attention.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Generally I go Cloth armour 5 pots > Boots 1 > Heart of Gold > Merc Treads > Aegis of the Legion. Then I build either a Trinity Force or tankier stuff depending on the amount of pain the enemy team dishes out.

Exceptions!

If they have Yi/Trynd/Tristana I'll grab a Thornmail rather quick.
    If they have Malzahar / Mordekaiser I'll rush a Quicksilver Sash.

I'll think of more when I can. Also if they are a healthy tanky team I'll get a Bloodrazor instead of Trinity. Although a Bloodthirster might be better actually. And a Wits End if they have champions like Irelia or Amumu.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    ap singed is stupid

built a mejai's, boots of swiftness, deathcap, void staff, force of nature, and guardian angel

DID I LEAVE THE GAS ON BROS

IM SORRY

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I realized today while starring at my champion list, that I love Nocturne, and I realized why I love Nocturne and I dislike most champions.

It's the same reason I like Ezreal, and Kennen, and Vlad.

Because I'm a dick, I'm an asshole, and I need to go back to playing a champion that allows me to be the biggest dick ever.

So I'm going back to Lux.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Shaco's Deceive being superlong range, allowing him to jump huge distances for ganks? Overpowered, was getting him perma-banned, got nerfed.
    Rammus' Powerball being too fast, allowing him to jump enemies early game who couldn't outrun it even with Ghost? Overpowered, getting him perma-banned, got nerfed.

Nocturne's ult, allowing him to jump huge distances to gank as well as deny enemies information on what's happening? Overpowered, getting him banned pretty regularly, not yet nerfed.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Also I'm going back to quoting song lyrics whenever I score a kill.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i cannot

wait

to make fire puns playing brand

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Shaco's Deceive being superlong range, allowing him to jump huge distances for ganks? Overpowered, was getting him perma-banned, got nerfed.
    Rammus' Powerball being too fast, allowing him to jump enemies early game who couldn't outrun it even with Ghost? Overpowered, getting him perma-banned, got nerfed.

Nocturne's ult, allowing him to jump huge distances to gank as well as deny enemies information on what's happening? Overpowered, getting him banned pretty regularly, not yet nerfed.
    The difference of course being that Nocturne's ultimate comes at level 6 and has a 3 minute cooldown, where as the other two can gank at level 2 and level 3, respectively.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The difference of course being that Nocturne's ultimate comes at level 6 and has a 3 minute cooldown, where as the other two can gank at level 2 and level 3, respectively.
    Certainly true.

The thing is, at the time they nerfed Shaco's Deceive, they pointed out that the extent of his ganking range was - as they put it - 'anti-fun'. You had to stay far back and play very passively to be safe. Then they go and add Nocturne to the game.

His ult is exactly the same; anti-fun. Nocturne pretty much demands good Clairvoyance play, and the moment you miss him with one, everyone of the team has to play very defensively.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Certainly true.

The thing is, at the time they nerfed Shaco's Deceive, they pointed out that the extent of his ganking range was - as they put it - 'anti-fun'. You had to stay far back and play very passively to be safe. Then they go and add Nocturne to the game.

His ult is exactly the same; anti-fun. Nocturne pretty much demands good Clairvoyance play, and the moment you miss him with one, everyone of the team has to play very defensively.
    Riot doesn't know what the fuck it's doing with patches. This should be apparent by how long Shen's gone unnerfed

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    junglerammus.jpg

kennen.jpg

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    you know what the best feeling is

landing the rocket grab that led to an ace that led to them surrendering

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    29gbm82.jpg

For neal

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I remember when shen was nerfed every patch for like 10 patches in a row.

It was pretty hilarious.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i have... things prepared

get ready

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png