As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

• Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    map awareness means 5 CVs

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    I mean

one time I was vlad

and vlad is a good 1v1 champ, and I was super farmed and had twice the cs/kills nocturne had and was lv18 when he wasn't

and I was out farming some creeps or whatever

nocturne ults on top of me

proceeds to 1v1 me with 2/3 of his health left

what the fuck

all he did was press ghostblade and mash all his abilities on me. by the time spell shield/fear was gone I had lost half my health. pool doesn't even break his fear tether

Pool and run around the moment it goes dark.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Map awareness means having to pop Destiny just to make Yi understand that he's about to get 5-man ganked.

every cooldown.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think if they got rid of his spellshield he'd be less retarded

just be boring and turn it into a miniscule HP shield

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think if they got rid of his spellshield he'd be less retarded

just be boring and turn it into a miniscule HP shield

Or at least not also an attack speed steroid

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    remember when Judgment made you immune to slows

unintentional on
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I know it's a Free-to-play game and all, but anyone else think it sucks donkey dick when you go to school and work 6 days a week, and can't play games on your day off?

Cause I do :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Priest on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    No.
    Get your priorities straight.
    Drop out.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Priest.

This is the choir right here.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    Cutfang wrote: »
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    bae bae

what's with the two year old beta logo?

It looks sexier!

well... first, no.

second, it's just the transparency isn't it?

here, this took me exactly 2 seconds in gimp, 4 mouse clicks and one button on the keyboard. (could use a cleaning up, though).
    lolgo.png

I still think the old one is sexier, but thanks! I'll change it now.

BUT BAE BAE

you didn't clean it up!

you're tearing apart my insides!

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Talith wrote: »
    But look at what you are saying. You've given up hope with dealing with this guy.

You can take it as a personal attack if you want, I did edit your comment after all, but I was pointing out flaws in your play, flaws that any strong jungle ganker specifically exploits. Flaws that nocturne punishes very well with his ult.

You've resigned yourself to tower hugging and itemizing against a specific champ instead of what you should be doing, focusing on:

Map awareness
    Lane control
    jungle invasion (when approriate)

Problem with nocturne is that 2 of the 3 things that you posted here nocturne just flat counters by pressing R. Essentially once nocturne hits 6 the game becomes completely stupid. Normally with any other jungler you can push on a tower without being punished for it assuming you purchased a ward to make sure the enemy jungler wont come in behind you.

Nocturne can just go to your jungle, or just be in his jungle a fair distance away and ult. Post 6 invading his jungle is plain suicide, any teamfights that happen in the jungle will favor his team as your carry for the duration of his ult will not be able to shoot anyone important. Jungle invasion before he hits 6 is a good idea but that isnt any different than any other jungler.

Its not that nocturne isnt counterable, or cant be dealt with. His kit is just too strong. And his ult lets him avoid good warding. Literally after he hits 6, unless you see him in another lane it is a great risk to go out more than half your lane, even with a ward.

He needs his ult's range reduced, you should be able to see him coming with a well placed ward. Right now its, has nocturne used his ult recently? If no, stay to your half of the lane or risk a gank.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Draygo wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    But look at what you are saying. You've given up hope with dealing with this guy.

You can take it as a personal attack if you want, I did edit your comment after all, but I was pointing out flaws in your play, flaws that any strong jungle ganker specifically exploits. Flaws that nocturne punishes very well with his ult.

You've resigned yourself to tower hugging and itemizing against a specific champ instead of what you should be doing, focusing on:

Map awareness
    Lane control
    jungle invasion (when approriate)

Problem with nocturne is that 2 of the 3 things that you posted here nocturne just flat counters by pressing R. Essentially once nocturne hits 6 the game becomes completely stupid. Normally with any other jungler you can push on a tower without being punished for it assuming you purchased a ward to make sure the enemy jungler wont come in behind you.

Nocturne can just go to your jungle, or just be in his jungle a fair distance away and ult. Post 6 invading his jungle is plain suicide, any teamfights that happen in the jungle will favor his team as your carry for the duration of his ult will not be able to shoot anyone important. Jungle invasion before he hits 6 is a good idea but that isnt any different than any other jungler.

Its not that nocturne isnt counterable, or cant be dealt with. His kit is just too strong. And his ult lets him avoid good warding. Literally after he hits 6, unless you see him in another lane it is a great risk to go out more than half your lane, even with a ward.

He needs his ult's range reduced, you should be able to see him coming with a well placed ward. Right now its, has nocturne used his ult recently? If no, stay to your half of the lane or risk a gank.

Exactly what I've been saying, thanks Draygo.

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I like Nocturne's who try to ult me mid, when I'm close to my tower.

No, just no. Thanks for the buffs.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    RE: Nocturne's Ult

They should just make it so Vision Wards(pink) still allow you to see.

But sight ward vision does not.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    they should make cv work during it, thats fucking stupid

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    all they need to do it make it so that flash breaks nocturnes tether, boom, problem solved, champ is fine.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    play a strong 1v1 champion

Nocturne problem solved

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I personally really like my idea.

And I feel like everyone would be ok with it.

And if you wouldn't be, then, you're not invited to my bbq.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    what if vision wards couldn't see other vision wards, but people with oracle's still could

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    what if no one could see anyone

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    Mattitude87Mattitude87 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've said all along people should be able to see ward vision through noc's ult if they were the ones who placed it.

Mattitude87 on
    League of Legends: Mattagascar
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Seriously the only champions that should have serious trouble with Nocturne are the squishiest of the squishies, and those who pick a fight without taking into account that Noc might be jumping in at any time (kind of like Shen, yeah). And imo he's really not all that good in 1v1 situations, or team fights.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Seriously the only champions that should have serious trouble with Nocturne are the squishiest of the squishies, and those who pick a fight without taking into account that Noc might be jumping in at any time (kind of like Shen, yeah). And imo he's really not all that good in 1v1 situations, or team fights.

I don't know what kind of Nocturnes you're playing against but he's amazing 1v1 and in team fights, so yeah...

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You realize nocturne is only good against bad people (just like kat and morde). So you realize that when you call noc op, you're just telling everyone else you are bad, right? Go practice instead of complaining.

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Stop being a goose and insulting my ability to play the game. You aren't even good enough to realize that smite is a must on every jungler.

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Batmantis wrote: »
    You realize nocturne is only good against bad people (just like kat and morde). So you realize that when you call noc op, you're just telling everyone else you are bad, right? Go practice instead of complaining.

hahahahaha woah

Rent on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

kat's good against anyone with no CC
    morde's good against anyone with no burst

but yes please keep telling me i'm bad because I don't have a built in blink and lost to a champion with a spell shield, red buff, an attack steroid, a speed steroid, and a fear four minutes into the game

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    You ain't gonna hit him.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    You aren't even good enough to realize that smite is a must on every jungler.

SICK_FIRES_BRO.gif

Rent on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    since the game is down, lets talk about what season 2 will bring

1. new map
    2. real replays
    3. balance
    4. less downtime
    5. more yordles

i'm hoping for 5

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

This image is too big to inline according to the rules thread so just imagine that i put it above your quote. http://i.imgur.com/FbJWU.gif

edit: i too join bigwah in his hopes for yordledge

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    bigwah wrote: »

1. new map
    2. real replays
    3. balance
    4. less downtime
    5. more yordles

i'm hoping for 5
    I'm sure Magma Chamber, Replays, and Observers are just right around the corner.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I got ganked by noc ult, tf ult, shen ult by myself as blitz. i just walked away. blitz is op.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    remember when Judgment made you immune to slows

good times

good times

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    bigwah wrote: »

1. new map
    2. real replays
    3. balance
    4. less downtime
    5. more yordles

i'm hoping for 5

The last yordle was Kennen right?

That was quite some time ago

This is

unacceptable

Slicer on
  • Options
    BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Stop being a goose and insulting my ability to play the game. You aren't even good enough to realize that smite is a must on every jungler.

I run smite on nocturne, just stopped running it on ww after jungle got buffed. When I could buy longsword + 1 and clear the whole jungle with the help of smite, that was a lot faster than not running it and having to get cloth armor. After the buff, I found running exhaust was better. I play ww more than anyone else in ranked and I have a 65% win percentage in 100+ games. I haven't been over 1400 elo, but I know that under that elo exhaust > smite.

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    nah
    if you're not jungling as fast as you possibly can you are literally failing your team as a jungler

faster jungle clear = faster gank time
    also you get to keep pace with your solo lanes in level

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Having smite isn't all about jungle clear speed either. It's also about control of Dragon and Baron. Doing either without smite is inviting the enemy jungler to steal it with his smite.

Also, over 100 games in ranked with WW alone and never been over 1400 ELO? Wow. That's almost impressive. I wouldn't question other peoples' abilities to play this game with that kind of record.

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Having smite isn't all about jungle clear speed either. It's also about control of Dragon and Baron. Doing either without smite is inviting the enemy jungler to steal it with his smite.

Also, over 100 games in ranked with WW alone and never been over 1400 ELO? Wow. That's almost impressive. I wouldn't question other peoples' abilities to play this game with that kind of record.

hey he's fucking pro as fuck don't judge him

exhaust is totes better than smite in jungle DUH

Rent on