As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Travelling: Blunter is touching Europe (all over)

The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple,unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
edited April 2011 in Social Entropy++
I made a thread about this a little while ago, you have all ruined my travel plans in terrible ways because now it is like 10x the scope it was in the beginning. The things I will have to do for this money.

Basically, I will be doing a thorough sweep of Europe, a total loop.

It is from the 27th of May, through to the 10th of August. Yes that is an absurd number of days. It may get cut down quite a bit. Maybe not

This is gonna get pretty hot and heavy (and sweaty), I feel I should introduce myself:
I'm from Australia, Canberra to be exact. Last year of University, and have never left my country before. Been posting here a little while and did that whole AUSPAX thing and left with no outstanding death threats or warrants of any kind. A great success.

I will have essentially 2 parts to this trip; a pre-emptive in England for 7 days or so

Essentially, who is in england, where are you in england, would you like to show me things to do near your place of residence. And another thing, which is very heavy handed of me and not something I will expect of you, but offer a couch or something similar (a hammock in the back yard, a patch of nice grass and a tent(not joking)). My england plans so far are basically as follows; land in london on the 27th/28th, something something get to Paris on the 11th somehow. I have room to move, and england isn't very big :)

PART TWO: EUROPE

This is the big feller, I start around the 10th of june in paris, and I am doing a massive loop of europe

northwestsouthloops.gif

I want to hit up Belgium for about a week, Milan for the same, everything in between is basically a free for all. Where are you dudes at, what can I do in where you are at? How long should I stay in these places? would you like to do those things with me? do you have a couch? couches are nice and will generally follow the england principal. I will rent your damn couch for $10 a night if that works, it would be so totally swell of you.

Basically where are you guys who want to hang out? put it in coloured text as they may stop me from skipping you accidentally, how long should I spend in certain places?

This OP would be missing lots I'm sure; I haven't much time to do these things because UNI WORK.

PM me if this is something you would like to be involved in in any way shape or form.

THE DREADED PLACES LIST (subject to severe change):
London
Paris
Bruges
Antwerp
Amsterdam
Berlin
Prague
Cesky Krumlov
Vienna
Munich
Venice
Ancona
Rome
Florence
La Spezia
MILAN
Lauterbrunnen
Lake Como
Nice
Barcelona
Valencia
Madrid
Pamplona
San Sebastian
Paris

The Black Hunter on

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, I wanna go to Disneyland again.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    belgium is pretty great

brussels especially

Beasteh on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    go to hostels they are full of hot dumb hippie girls who will think your accent is exotic

i want you to keep a running count but i also want you to legitimately lose count

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Consider spending more than 20 minutes in Berlin

Oden on
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sorry to disappoint you, Berlin and Munich suck. Dresden is okay though.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Air wrote: »
    go to hostels they are full of hot dumb hippie girls who will think your accent is exotic

i want you to keep a running count but i also want you to legitimately lose count

The idea that the Australian accent can be taken as a good thing is just bizarre to me

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ferrus wrote: »

berlin is awesome but they hide all the good stuff.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    a hazel eyed spanish dude with his shirt unbuttoned to show his firm pecs in the dim light of the beach sunset will be strumming on his guitar while singing a slow melody to a small group of enamoured women sitting by his side who are unable to take their eyes off him or even remember if theyve ever had any concerns in their life

but that wont mean anything when you rock up in a dirty pair of dunlop volleys and ask them haayezguern?

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That looks like Busabout.

I have done Busabout.

Did you want me to talk about Busabout?

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fishman wrote: »
    That looks like Busabout.

I have done Busabout.

Did you want me to talk about Busabout?

Please do, anything would be helpful really

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    TlexTlex Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Go to Manchester. It's got lots, and lots, and lots of history. +It's a really vibrant and cool city.

Tlex on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Air wrote: »

The idea that the Australian accent can be taken as a good thing is just bizarre to me

American women, at least, think it's really keen from what I understand.

Though part of that is that I think Aussie accents on ladies is pretty hot, so I don't know if the opposite holds true for sure.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    bwanie wrote: »
    Ferrus wrote: »

berlin is awesome but they hide all the good stuff.

nope its terrible here

M.D. on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    All I know about Europe is that they never dust so they have something to lord over Americans.

MKR on
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you're going to the Netherlands please know that there's more to this country than just Amsterdam.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    if you go to greece, don't ask anyone how their day is going

Oden on
  • Options
    AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    here I thought there were something like 50 countries in Europe

AgentofOrange on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Wiet wrote: »
    If you're going to the Netherlands please know that there's more to this country than just Amsterdam.

I was actually really looking forward to NOT going to amsterdam

oh well

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    When you're in the east part of Spain, you should definitely hit up New Zealand. It's where Lord of the Rings was filmed.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    here I thought there were something like 50 countries in Europe

Back in 1800 it probably came close.

Spoiler for huge
    oqOZv.jpg

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    haha, pooro you're thinking of middle earth

Lord of the Rings was filmed in middle earth

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We should have a beer when you are in Munich.

HoA-player on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    HoA-player wrote: »

Absolutely!

Sorry to say I have very very little information about when I'll be where, but I'll take note of who is where and up for something and start putting up plans when I can.

I'll have some fairly solid preliminary stuff mid-late may

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    go to ljubljana and figure out how its said, and report back.t hank you

That one is pretty easy actually. Go to Wales instead and figure out how to say those names.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Absolutely!

Sorry to say I have very very little information about when I'll be where, but I'll take note of who is where and up for something and start putting up plans when I can.

I'll have some fairly solid preliminary stuff mid-late may

The first two weeks of august would work best for me since I'm off from work then. ;)

HoA-player on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've got one good piece of advice, if you go to Bruges theres a little brewpub down a backalley between the two main squares called De Garre their house beer can only be obtained in the bar and is quite possibly the best beer you will ever taste in your life.

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh man, lucky. You're gonna have so much fun.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nobody comes to Finland :(

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

That's what you get for being so xenophobic and anti-Europe!

HoA-player on
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

That's what you get for being so xenophobic and anti-Europe!

It's not like ALL of us are okay yeah, you got a point.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Dudesons are from Finland, right?

Hang out with those guys Blunter - Jarppi is cool.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CONWAY TAKE ME WITH YOU

seriously dude that trip looks like so much fun

oh also... try not to spend all 7 days in London if you can help it... there are heaps of neat places not too far away that make great day trips and stuff

if you can, go to Stratford-upon-Avon... I LOVED it when I went there (oh god it was 11 years ago)

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    See if you can visit a place called Old Bank Bottom in Marsden. Then send me a photo from there.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    CONWAY TAKE ME WITH YOU

oh also... try not to spend all 7 days in London if you can help it... there are heaps of neat places not too far away that make great day trips and stuff

if you can, go to Stratford-upon-Avon... I LOVED it when I went there (oh god it was 11 years ago)

Have no fear Viv

london was nothing more than a landing point, though now that my cousin has disappeared I don't really have any direction as far as England goes

it still is weird you call me conway, that name follows me everywhere :p

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CONWAY TAKE ME WITH YOU

booo

Stratford-Upon-Avon was kinda boring for me

I liked Bath and Stonehenge a lot more!

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My day trip to Bath was great also, I believe I took a Trafalgar Tours from the Victoria Bus Station there. There are a number of bus tours that are based out of the Victoria Bus station (a block from Victoria Station).

My favorite was to Dover and Canterbury.

Slacker71 on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think I was on... Anderson Tours? Maybe? That might have just been for Stonehenge, I am unsure.

Seeing the Roman Baths and shit was still cool, though. And Bath is a beautiful city!

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Faynor wrote: »
    CONWAY TAKE ME WITH YOU

booo

Stratford-Upon-Avon was kinda boring for me

I liked Bath and Stonehenge a lot more!
    YOU'RE boring

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No, these guys are boring

boring.jpg

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That mountain looks bored to shit

The Black Hunter on